On the Run (Book 1)

By kthaler

Isabella Montgomery’s life was far from normal. She was the princess of a small Kingdom and was next in line... More

Werewolf
Runaway
Research
The Threat
America
Alpha
Explain
Answers
All White
Princess
Second Chance
Alia
Fun
Love is in the Air
Sore Loser
True Self
Too Good To Be True
What Just Happened
The Talk
Date
Explosion
Culprit
Austin
The Past
Mark
War
Run
Surprise
Plan
Leaving
Research
Wedding
Reception
The Fight
Memories
Special Night
Epilogue

Married

1.4K 49 7
By kthaler

This has been the longest three weeks of my life. I had been waiting for this day ever since Jace proposed to me. Today Jace and I were finally getting married. You would think that I would be traumatized to get married because of Dillon but I couldn’t be any more happier knowing that it would be Jace at the end of the alter. Sure, I had the normal, butterflies in my stomach but that was because I was getting married at sixteen. Anyone would be a tad bit nervous.

            My mother had arrived a few days ago, saying that she left one of her closest friends in charge of the kingdom while she was gone. She kept begging for Jace and I to move to Cadellan and become King and Queen once we were married, but I told her we couldn’t leave the pack. I loved America and being normal than Cadellan and being a Queen. The thought of going back to the place where Dillon forced me to marry him and where my father was murdered at terrified me. I loved my mom to death, but I just couldn’t go back there.

            I was in Jace and mine’s room, waiting for Alia and my mother to come help me get ready. Jace said he didn’t want to see me because it would be bad luck and after everything that’s happened, we didn’t need any bad luck. I couldn’t agree more. My mother had brought a custom dress that she had made in Cadellan and promised that I would love it. I worried that it would be like Dillon’s dress, but I knew my mother wouldn’t do such a thing.

            The wedding was going to take place in the backyard of the pack house. It was fenced in yard, which was large enough to put two more houses if needed. Everything was set up and done by the women of the pack along with my mother. I wasn’t allowed to see any of it because my mother wanted it to be a surprise when I walked down the aisle. I jumped when there was a loud knock on my door. I opened it up to see my mother and Alia standing in the doorway, smiling brightly at me.

            “Let get to work, we only have a couple hours.” My mom exclaimed.

            For the next hour or so, Alia did my makeup, while my mom did my hair. I told her that I wanted it down, but she wouldn’t listen to me. I sighed, letting her do what she wanted. I was just nervous about the wedding that I didn’t want to protest. I wasn’t having second thoughts, I was just scared. I wasn’t even sure what she was going with my hair now. My hair was hot as it touched my neck, so I assumed that she was curling or crimping my hair.

            Once they were done, I walked into the bathroom and gasped. My mother actually listened and let my hair hang down, but it was also curled halfway, giving it a beautiful, wavy look to it. My makeup was simple, yet beautiful. The makeup Alia used made my eyes pop out and my skin looked flawless. I smiled, wanting to cry at how beautiful I was, but if I did, then my makeup would mess up.

            Alia led me out into the bedroom and sat me on the bed, while my mother went to my closet and pulled out a large, plastic bag that held my dress. I wondered what it looked like. Would it be a ball gown like I always dreamed of? I closed my eyes as she unzipped the bag and pulled the dress out. With my eyes still closed, like my mother insisted, I stripped out of my clothes and felt as my mother helped me into the dress. By the weight of it, I knew it had to be a ball gown.

            “Open your eyes, Sweetie.” My mom squealed.

            My eyes slowly opened and I gawked at myself in the mirror. I was wearing a huge ball gown dress, which had a sweetheart neckline, and gems covering the top of it. There were little ruffles throughout the skirt of the dress that was a beautiful lace. My eyes filled with tears as I looked at how amazing I looked in the dress. It was like it was made for me. If I didn’t want to wear shoes, I didn’t because the dress covered my feet. Though, my mother handed me a pair of silver flats, just so I wouldn’t be walking around barefoot.

            I slipped on a pair of dangling, silver earrings, which matched the jewels on the top of my dress. A tiny tiara was placed on my head which had the veil attached to it. Now, I looked like the perfect bride, who was marrying the perfect man. This was the right kind of marriage, not a forced one.

            My stomach was twisting and turning as I stood at the backdoor of the house, waiting for my cue to walk down the aisle. I just wish that my dad could be here and to walk me down the aisle. I hated that he would miss the most important day of my life, all because of Dillon. I stopped thinking about him and my father because then I would be miserable for the rest of the day.

             I couldn’t see anything from the angle of the door and where everything was set up at. All I saw were tons of tables where the reception would take place. I let out a yelp when the door flew open, my heart started to race as Zack walked inside. I clutched my chest, trying to calm myself down.

            “God, Zack. You nearly gave me a heart attack.” I shouted.  

            “Well hello to you too. By the way, you look beautiful.” He said, and I blushed.

            He was wearing a nice, black and white tux that made him look even more attractive than before. I couldn’t wait to see that Jace looked like, all dressed up. I smiled and asked him what he was doing here anyways.

            “I’m here to walk you down the aisle.” He said, smiling.   

            I wrapped my arms around him, not being able to be any happier that he was the one giving me away to Jace. He had become my closest friend over this past month and I was glad it was him here. At least I wasn’t walking down by myself. I grabbed the bouquet of red and white roses, and I loved my mother for picking them out. Together, we walked arm in arm outside, the warm air hitting me.

            My eyes widened as the music started to play and I got a good sight at the ceremony. There were about five hundred white chairs, all filled with people from the pack. White and red roses were literally everywhere. I clenched my grip on Zack’s arm as we started to walk down the aisle. Everyone’s eyes were on me, making me feel a bit self conscious, but that all went away when I saw Jace standing at the end, smiling largely at me. There was love and lust in his eyes as he look in my attire.

            He was wearing a sleek, black tux with a white undershirt. I couldn’t help but smile at how sexy and handsome he looked right now. My heart wanted to melt into a million pieces. I could see Alia and my mother standing to the left of Jace, where I would be standing soon.

            Once we got to the end of the aisle, Jace stepped towards me and grabbed me by the waist. I leaned over and kissed Zack on the cheek. Together, Jace and I walked up to the preacher, who was one of the pack members. He started to speak, but the only thing I was focused on was Jace. My eyes never left his and I knew that he was feeling like the luckiest man in the world. I was feeling like the luckiest girl in the world, just because I got to be around Jace, let alone marry him, that was an amazing feeling. Before I knew it, Jace started to speak to me and I knew he was saying his vows.

            “Isabella, you are the best thing that’s ever happened to me. Sure, I’ve made mistakes we got off to a bad start, but I’m so damn thankful I met you. I know you will be an amazing Luna to this pack and that I don’t deserve you. I will always love and protect you, no matter what. I would die for you any day. The past is the past and all I’m focused on is our future together. When I thought I lost you a few weeks ago, I was devastated and refused to give up. You are my world now, and I couldn’t imagine it any other way. I love you more than anything, Love.” He said, as tears ran down my face. This was the sweetest things he’s ever said to me. I smiled as I wiped away my tears, loving him even more, if that was even possible. Now it was my turn to speak.

            “Jace, I remember hating your guts when we first met, but that didn’t mean I felt the connection we had. As much as I wanted to leave and to hate you, I couldn’t. You started to show me your sweet, caring side and that’s when I knew that I was falling for you. When Dillon had me, all I thought about was you. I knew you would come save me. I trust you with my life. We’ve been through hell together, whether that was getting blown up, going to war, getting kidnapped and fighting a bunch of vampires, we’ve been together for all that and that will never change.” I paused, trying to think of the right words.  

            “It sometimes hurts to love you as much as I do. I can’t explain it, but the way I feel is something I’ve never experienced before. It’s hard to believe that we’re here getting married and giving our vows right now. I wouldn’t change it for anything. I love you so much, and I don’t know if I could live without you in my life.” I said, still crying because I loved him too much and my emotions were getting to me.

            “Jace Adair, do you take Isabella Montgomery as your wife and as Luna of your pack?” The preacher asked.

            “I do.” Jace said, proudly.

            “And Isabella Montgomery, do you take Jace Adair as your husband and Alpha?”

            “I do.” I said, without any hesitation.

            Alia walked over to us and handed us each a ring. I grabbed Jace’s hand and slid the golden wedding ring on his finger, sparks flying as our skins touched. Then Jace grabbed my hand and placed the prettiest ring on my finger that I’ve ever seen. The band of the ring was a mixture of a gold and silver color. There were flowers made into the band and on top was a beautiful diamond surrounded by little ones. This must have cost a fortune.

            “I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride.” The preacher announced and everyone cheered as Jace’s lips pressed against mine, making my stomach turn, not in a bad way but in pleasure.

            See this is how a wedding is supposed to be. You’re supposed to be happy and in love with the guy you’re marrying. This was probably the happiest day of my life. It made me forget the past and for once, I couldn’t wait to see what the future had for Jace and I.

Author's Note, please read :)

Hey everyone, sorry it wasnt the quickest update, it's been a few days, but i've been busy. I wanted to update every day just because the end is coming and i want to start the sequel. ONLY ONE MORE CHAPTER LEFT!!!!! I can't believe that it's all about over!!!! I've worked so hard on this that part of me doesn't want it to ever end, but I always have the sequel. So what did you think of the wedding? Wasn't Zack cute for walking her down the aisle, i just love him Haha. This chapter's dedication goes to @Warriors229. You're so nice and an amazing fan, so thank you!!!

To the right is a picture of her wedding dress. I'll have a picture of her ring in the next chapter.

Here's the question for the chapter:

Who's your favorite character and why?

P.S i've already gotten a cover from someone for the seqeul but if anyone else wants to make one, i'll pick my favorite out of them. Remember, the title is called, "The Princess and Her Alpha!!!!" Thanks and i can't wait for the last chapter, it will be shocking!!!! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

167K 3.1K 29
Julia, just months from becoming a full-werewolf, is now halfway through her pregnancy, has officially hooked up with the father of her babies ...sor...
44.5K 788 38
Table of contents. Coming to school, being bullied, called as a nerd and hated by your own bestfriend. Is the worse thing that will happen to you. A...
27.2K 690 20
Before you read: please know that this story was written when I was a lot younger, so it was not written well. Her whole life Isabella has obeyed her...
3.4M 87.7K 50
[WARNING:Needs Major Editing & has harsh materials that some readers may find disturbing, so read at your own risk.] [A werewolf story] It all begin...