Mellifluous || A Sequel To •...

YuzuruHyeriniee tarafından

Yaunna Ackerman, also unknown to be a secret music vlogger named 'Belle âme' that never revealed her identity... Daha Fazla

Mellifluous
Chapter 1: "Belle Âme"
Chapter 2: Indirect Kiss
Chapter 4: Struggle
Chapter 5: Vengeance
Chapter 6: Blame
Chapter 7: Possibilities
Chapter 8: Less Regrets
Chapter 9: She's The Beautiful Soul
Chapter 10: Friendship's Over?
Chapter 11: Back There
Taking A Break
Discontinuing

Chapter 3: First Contact

115 10 3
YuzuruHyeriniee tarafından

Chapter 3: First Contact

Yaunna's

Today was our research for the Science Investigatory Project and also Saturday which is also my parent's day.

They would always go out every Saturday without me and bring me to Aunt Hanji so I could play with Shaun. To be honest, we aren't actually playing back then, we're playing instruments and I constantly hit him with a guitar.

I could laugh at those memories but it's been a long time since we jammed together. I just couldn't. He might recognize the likeness of Belle and my voice.

I was wearing my clothes since morning since it is already 5pm. A simple tank top and a pjs. Yeah. I'm dead serious. I did not even took a shower yet because I'm getting damn lazy and I don't smell like shit anyway.

"(Y/n), we have to go!" Mom was heard below.

"Okay!" I left my room after grabbing my expanded envelope that contains the project's format.

I ran downstairs only to see my parents wearing something nicer than mine. I pokerfaced myself.

I'm a adopted-from-streets looking daughter.

Dad looked at me just after he grabbed his car keys. He ruffled my hair and pulled me with him outside.

"You little shit." he pinched my nose.

"Ow.." I complained.

"You look horrible." He chuckles as mom catches up beside us walking to the garage.

"Who cares."

We hopped in the car as they dropped me off to the Smith's residences. Hanji was seen through the garden and as soon as she saw our presence she got the idea.

"Ohh, looks like shorty had a date with (y/n)!" Hanji smirks.

Mom laughed. "Alrighty, we have to go. Take care of this girl "

"No problem!" Hanji says before touching my shoulder.

As soon as my parents drove away, the sound of a door closing was heard behind. Looking at it, it was Shaun in bedhead.

"Hey, uh. Yaunna..." he yawned before adjusting his specs.

"Oh, Shaun. Jeez, wash your mouth." Hanji shooed her son.

"Mom, it's just a small nap." Shaun whines.

"Fine then, let's get inside before the sun sets..." she leads us in and I looked around.

Nothing changed. Aunt Hanji wasn't the one preparing their food instead it's a personal chef. Why? 'Cause Uncle Erwin she was a terrible cook.

"So mom, we have to do our project upstairs," Shaun told his mother. "Let's go, Yaun."

Shaun lead me to his room and closed the door. I stood there, feeling unpleasant by his scattered pillows and messy comforter.

He seemed to notice my look and scratched his nape.

"Oh-uhm... sorry. I just woke up," he chuckles nervously before arranging his mess. "By the way, Andie's otw."

"Uh-huh?" Is the only thing I could say while making my way to sit on a couch still staring on his bed.

Shaun finally was done and I was now comfortable.

"Anyway, here's the format. Professor distributed this the last time but you were absent in the subject. I think you were at football practice..."

"Oh... uh, yeah. I remember." Shaun sat on a bean bag across me.

He looks at me and I was actually doing it too. I don't know why, but right now were having a staring contest.

He's close to me. I'm close to him. And in a sudden movement, he leans in and closes the gap. Another reason that makes me feel it again...

"H-hey... Shaun, uhm..." this is why I hate him. This feelings too. It stutters me. It disturbs me. I-I don't why. But- it's driving me crazy!

"Hmm?" He hums in response and making himself cute. "Why?"

"Shaun?" I am speeachless. I just kept on muttering his name.

"What? Is my name too cute?" He joked and laughed.

My face heat up. W-wha-?!

Why was his laugh has a great impact so suddenly? That smile... I've seen them for so long but today.. today it's different.

He was being a tease and I don't know why he was doing this until our faces were just inches away. His bowl cut hair that you could resemble to a cute korean guy... and his fringe. I touched them and swipe them over his forehead with my finger.

My lips parted as his gaze never left mine but my tension rises more as he trapped me with his arms on my both direction, locking my eyes only on him.

I feel submissive over him and I hate it. It was the first time I have been like this on a guy.

On a sudden movement he lifts up my chin with his right ones, making me look up at him as he touch his nose with mine.

I balled my hands into fists trying to resist the adrenaline I was feeling. This is below the belt for me.

I can feel his breath, even if he just slept. He still smelled like mint and tea. His nose was pressed on mine as he chuckles.

That I can't just deny to be like music in my ears. 'Damn...'

Shaun suddenly poked my cheek. "Do you remember this?"
He shook his nose with mine making my heart race faster than before. We used to do this when were kids... but this time,

"We weren't kids anymore," I pushed him a bit, making us part. "And we can't do that always."

He pouted like an innocent kid as he sat back to the bean bag, looking confused. "Why?"

I sighed and crossed my arms in front of him. "Because we're becoming adults now. You know what people might think of us.."

He raised an eyebrow. I know he wasn't dumb and gets my point but knowing him. He was a playful person.

"Really?" He smirks. "Like this?"

Shaun was attempting to do something again but before he could, I stopped him by standing up and pulling him with me.

"Shut down or I'll make you," I smirk. I'll make sure he's going to lose here. "Now."

He yanks his hand away from me before standing up straight making me remember he was taller than I am. Making him look much dominant which I'm not used whenever he shows it.

Ugh, hate you dad.

"Chill, you." Shaun ruffles my head.

We heard footsteps coming right the way of his room. Guessing it could be the person were expecting.

Shaun gave me a teasing smile before walking to his door leaving me dumbfounded.

'This is weird... I hate this.'

The door opened revealing Andie.

"I'm sorry, I'm a bit late." He apologizes.

"No, it's okay." Shaun let him in. "Let's get started."

Timeskip~

"Supposed to be, Yaunna will be in charge of encoding. Shaun must be the one to take care of experimenting and I'll be the source. Do you have any concerns?" Andie asks while fixing his things and laptop.

"Nah..." I said plainly.

"Same." Shaun, arranges his desk.

"Then everything's settled. I've got to leave." Andie sling his bag on his shoulder. "Thanks for cooperation. I'll head off."

"Alright!" Shaun walks off. "I'll walk you outside."

Andie nods as Shaun follows. While me, I was left there sitting on Shaun's bed eating a lollipop.

I'm bored so I decided to search for something to do which leads me to checking on Shaun's laptop.

I opened his browser but to his misfortune, the tab revealed his last visited site but my eyes widened at what he was searching.

'Belle Âme Meaning...

Beautiful Soul.'

Why was he searching for it's meaning?

I was startled when the door opened making me shut the lid of his laptop.

"What are you doing?" Shaun walks to me, quickly getting it away from me.

"Oh, it's nothing. I'm bored. So I thought of playing some... games." I reasoned, which worked.

He rolls his eyes before sitting on the edge of the bed. "It's 8 o'clock, you still not going home?"

I shrug. "Dunno... mom and dad are still not updating me."

"Oh... well, it would be boring in my room." He looks away.

"Why? Are you telling me to leav-"

Shaun cutted me off. "No! I'm literally telling the truth..."

"And?"

"And... I wonder if you would want to walk around the village?" He proposes, giving a small reassuring smile.

"Sure." I stood as he helped me up.

We went downstairs only to see Aunt Hanji now with Uncle Erwin cuddling on the couch. Both of us greeted them as we let them know that we're going out for a bit as well.

"Sure, just be home before curfew strikes." Uncle Erwin agrees.

We nod before heading outside. It's a cold night and it's not a good idea to wear a tank top. I didn't expect this would happen, anyway.

Shaun noticed my short shivers and lend me his sweater.

"Hey, no it's fi-"

"It's not. I'm okay. I wore long sleeves." He smiles and let me borrow his jacket.

"Fine." I response as we walked in their street to the main street.

There's no much people around and only a few streetlights lit the way around. It was a silent walk until Shaun decided to break the forming ice.

"I know a place that you'll probably like to see..." he mumbles, taking my hand on his as it sends thousands of ticklish nerves I've never felt before.

"W-where?" Damn. I stutter again.

"I'll escort you." Shaun pulled me as we ran like we used to when were still children.

'I swear.. I missed this.'

He led me in an empty lot where a tree was standing in the center. There was a large space of grass and we walked down there.

Shaun didn't let go of my hand instead he held it tighter as we get near the tree.

My eyes sparkled through the sight. I stopped. The tree was surrounded with countless of fireflies that shines throughout the darkness of the night.

Shaun turned to see my. He was surprised to see me amazed.

"You like it?" He asks.

"I do." I told him, not taking my eyes off the beautiful illuminating view.

He lead me nearer and we sat under the tree. I can't help it... I just can't anymore.

My cheeks lifted up and my lips formed a smile.

'It doesn't matter. It's just the two of us, anyway.'

"Woah... Yaunna you-!" Shaun gasped before slipping into a near mud.

But him slipping wasn't the reason I was surprised. It was when I fell with him and his body on top of me when our lips crashed.

His eyes widened at the sudden contact. It was unexpected and my heartbeat was going insane as if I'm gonna hyperventilate.

'Oh my god.'

I was blushing madly when suddenly that pair of lips moved and now literally kissing mine.

My arms were hanging around his shoulders from the late incident and I suddenly realize myself kissing back.

But then the 12 second kiss was interrupted when I pulled away.

The lights of the fireflies were my only source to see his cheeks turning scarlet and his shining orbs looking at mine.

Shaun gasped. "I-I'm sorry!"

He stood up and lend me his hand to help me up that I didn't took. I felt my knees shaking and lips gone pale.

"Yaunna are you alri-"

"I've got to go.." I said, not looking at him.

As much as I want to look back to see the fireflies again, I just couldn't. My face was flushed and I can't imagine myself kissing my bestfriend.

Shaun's my bestfriend.

Shaun's my bestfriend and we just kissed!

What the hell is this?

Why is this happening?!

I didn't know how nor why but tears suddenly fell from my cheeks.

'Goddammit... We're fucked up.'

I ran through the streets before hearing my phone ring.

"Hey, Yaunna. We're here at Smith's. Where were you guys?" Mom asked over the phone.

I couldn't talk. Mom might hear my husky voice that I kept my mouth covered. I ended the call before pressing my messages to text dad.

To: Dad Shorty

Hey, dad. You and mom could go home. I'm be heading back home.

Send | Delete

I sent it to him before sprinting again with my unstoppable tears.

Shaun Zoe Smith... I hate you.

We're friends.

It shouldn't be....

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

10K 218 50
"Listen to me. Life is cruel and unfair. It only gives you one chance, so don't fuck it up." ~ (Levi Ackerman X Reader) (Y/n) ha...
29K 1.2K 23
Well here is the energetic and joyful Hanji Zoe, a daughter of a famous musician, that wants to become a songwriter. She is 23-year-old woman who gr...
494K 13K 38
(F/N) (L/N) grew up in Wall Rose with her parents. At the age of just 5, unknown men had brutally murdered her parents, and took (F/N) into custody f...
58.5K 1.1K 16
"I crave for you, (Y/N)...." Levi Ackerman and (Y/N) (L/N) have been friends since they became soilders in the Military. (Y/N) never had a crush on L...