Parental Supervision °showki°

cutleryy

Kihyun is trying his hardest to be a single parent and take care of Changkyun, and he was doing a perfectly d... Еще

INTRODUCTION-A/N
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter eleven

chapter ten

5.1K 272 281
cutleryy

Kihyun was in utter turmoil, but he wanted to get done as soon as possible. He wanted to get home and see Changkyun, despite how miserable it was that he hadn't been there today. Of all days.

He had tried so hard to get today off, he would've done anything. But he didn't get cut any slack, not even for his kid.

As soon as he was allowed he practically sprinted out the door after work, quickly saying goodbye and checking out, nearly getting run over in the parking lot as he ran to his car.

Kihyun briefly checked his phone, sending out a message to Hyunwoo that he was on his way. Chances were they'd be home by now.

It was bad enough that Kihyun had to work today, even worse if he didn't get home in time for dinner. He had planned to stop by the store and get Changkyun something, but it was too late for that.

For the hundredth time he cursed his job, even though it was nice to still have one after that scare two years ago, but he had worked too hard to give this job up by now. Invested too much to get to where he was.

Kihyun would make it back in time. He had to.

•••

Something was... suspicious.

He didn't notice it upon first entering the apartment, but the first giveaway was when Hyunwoo was the first person to run up as Kihyun was in the middle of taking his shoes off. And of course the biggest tell was the first thing that came out of his mouth had been-

"Please don't be mad at me."

Kihyun narrowed his eyes as he kicked his shoes off in a slow, hopefully menacing way.

"What have you done Hyunwoo?" He asked, about ready for an intervention before Changkyun popped up from behind Hyunwoo with a huge smile.

"You're home! Hurry, everyone's coming soon Ki!" Changkyun said, practically shaking in excitement and running back into the living room holding something that looked an awful lot like streamers.

Hyunwoo could see from Kihyuns look that he should really start explaining himself now.

"Well since we weren't really... doing anything for Changkyuns birthday, we had an idea of throwing a party. Surprise!" Hyunwoo chuckled, whether it was for the sake of laughter or fear was unknown.

Hyunwoo pecked Kihyun's cheek and then ran off after the five year old.

Kihyun sighed. "We're talking about this later, Sohn Hyunwoo!"

He wanted to be mad at him, honestly. He planned a birthday party for Changkyun without telling him, but how could he? Changkyun looked so excited. Kihyun wasn't happy he hadn't had been informed, but as long as it wasn't a train wreck, Hyunwoo deserved some sort of credit.

When Kihyun came in to see the rest of the house, his hard work was evident in all the streamers taped up and cute decorations suiting of a five year old.

Changkyun was absolutely glowing amongst all of it, a little party hat on sideways as he set up some juice boxes on the table.

Hyunwoo passed Kihyun with a tray of little cupcakes. "I'll make it up to you." Hyunwoo offered Kihyun a cupcake, which the shorter reluctantly accepted. Hyunwoo kissed his cheek briskly before setting up the cute platter on the table, trying to keep Changkyun from grabbing one.

At least he didn't have to work on setting anything up. Kihyun unwrapped his cupcake, filled with sprinkles and topped with matching blue icing.

Hyunwoo had never been extraordinary at cooking, which Kihyun had learned about a year ago. The initial show of cooking for Kihyun and baking turned out to be all the meager things the man could make, and it turned out his kitchen knowledge stretched as far as soup, cookies, eggs, and ramen.

It was no surprise that when Kihyun peeked into the kitchen there were box mixes and a half empty container of premade icing on the counter with a butter knife sticking out of it.

Checking behind him, Kihyun doubled the serving of icing on his cupcake, licking it off the knife with a satisfied hum and sticking the entire mini cupcake in his mouth.

Unfortunately that was when the doorbell sounded, and Kihyuns mouth was far too full. He held a hand over his mouth trying to chew through the icing overdose, hearing Hyunwoo call "can you get that?" From the dining room.

Curses.

Kihyun tried not to choke as he hastily swallowed as he ran to the door, only beating Changkyun by a minute as he opened the door.

"Hi!" An enthusiastic voice exclaimed, and Kihyun looked down to see Jooheon, accompanied by his parents, Hyungwon and Hoseok.

... and a baby. In Hoseoks arms where he was swaddled in his car seat.

Changkyun had already pulled Jooheon inside, and Kihyun stood aside to let the other three in.

"I didn't know you had a baby!" Kihyun couldn't hold his surprised exclamation. It'd been awhile since he had seen a baby.

He remembered when Changkyun was that small... his heart ached a little for those days, despite the sleepless nights and dirty diapers, he missed holding his baby. When he was small and warm, and depended on Kihyun... the feeling of being so needed.

"He's not officially ours yet, the adoption papers haven't finished going through, but soon." Hyungwon said, smiling at the curious baby, that seemed content with looking around.

"What's his name?" Kihyun asked.

"Minsung," Hoseok answered, fondly looking at the baby as well.

They were such an adorable family. Kihyun was a little jealous they could have a baby too. He hadn't even realized how long it had been since he held one, and his arms almost ached for it.

"Would you mind if I held Minsung for a bit?" He tried, and was surprised to be met with a grin and nod.

"Of course." Hoseok said, and Hyungwon nodded too, delicately picking the baby up and placing him in Kihyuns arms.

Kihyun couldn't have been happier. Then Hyunwoo came in, greeting the couple but Kihyun was in his own world now. Minsung was adorable. A little small, but bright eyed and surprisingly happy.

It reminded him of Changkyun.

But unfortunately he was at the point where he felt determined to not be held and carried anymore, because he was grown up at the old age of five. He wished he had treasured the times when he was small like this more. It was nice.

Apparently more kids were arriving, as was evident from another knock on the door, proceeding with loud yells.

Kihyun recognized Soonyoung from daycare, and a seemingly reluctant Jihoon trailing behind as they met with Jooheon and Changkyuns ecstatic exclamations.

Kihyun wasn't really paying much attention though, and perhaps that wasn't the best idea.

•••

Changkyun held his breath, the blue war paint over his face and the hard wall pressed against his back, weapon in hand.

One false move, one slip up... and it was all over. He picked up his highly advanced communication device, looking both ways before speaking in a hushed tone.

"Agent Joo, where are you?" He pulled the device to his ear but there was no response. He shook it, and suddenly became worried.

Was he captured? Was it too late? Had the enemy apprehended him?

Changkyun focused himself in determination, laying flat on his stomach and crawling out from behind his cover. So far, he didn't see the enemy...

"SURRENDER OR DIE!" Screamed a voice from behind, and Changkyun whipped around to face Choi Youngjae.

He was caught.

"Drop your weapons!" Soonyoung agreed, coming out from behind where Youngjae must've been. And that's when he saw it, it wasn't just Soonyoung and Youngjae... there was someone else with them...

Lee Jooheon. On the enemy side, right next to Soonyoung.

"Jooheon-" Changkyun couldn't believe what he was seeing. Jooheon, his Jooheon, a turncoat. "Why?"

Jooheon grimaced, looking between Soonyoung and Changkyun. "I had no choice."

There was movement from the corner of Changkyuns vision. Hah. He hasn't lost after all, even in midst of this dastardly betrayed. He hid his grin.

"So, you've got me," Changkyun pretended to give up, releasing the cushion weapon he had been holding. "I lose."

Something flew past and then Youngjae screamed, as a pillow found him square in the chest, and he died dramatically, falling to his knees and screaming as he landed face first, twitching dramatically with a echoing 'blehhhh' sound.

Byeongkwan jumped out from where he had been hiding, aiming another pillow at Soonyoung and Jooheon. Aha, Changkyuns most trust worthy marksman Byeongkwan had saved the day.

"You're outnumbered!" Byeongkwan stated boldly brandishing his pillow projectile.

"Nuh uh you both have two now." Jihoon piped in from where he was sitting peacefully eating a cupcake, licking off the blue icing first.

Youngjae laughed from where he was dead on the floor. 

Jooheon looked at Soonyoung for a moment. "I'm sorry. "

Soonyoung squinted. "Why? We can get them!" He bounced on his feet, ready to swing his pillow.

And then Changkyun witnessed the ultimate betrayal. Jooheon stabbed Soonyoung with his pillow, the latter falling to his knees and his pillow falling from his fingers.

"Why! Why have you betrayed me!" He cried, falling beside Youngjae. Jihoon clapped, apparently enjoying this.

Changkyun ran up to hug Jooheon, who he obviously knew was on his side the whole time, but as soon as he did was stabbed too.

Changkyun gasped, clutching his chest. Jooheon hadn't just betrayed Soonyoung, he had betrayed everyone.

Changkyun fell sideways. "Jooheon... why..."

Jooheon grinned. "For victory."

Byeongkwan was too shocked to move at first, but when he saw Jooheon ready to turn on him too, screamed and bolted in the opposite direction. Jooheon gave chase.

Changkyun waited a minute before coming back to life with Youngjae and Soonyoung.

"Byeong! Run!" Youngjae yelled, and the resounding screams were his answer as the chase commenced.

Changkyun jumped up to his feet. "More cupcakes?" He suggested, and the sugar lust was clear in their eyes.

Except maybe Jihoon. Or maybe he did, but hid it well. Who knew how many cupcakes he had by now, it was hard to tell.

Leaving Byeongkwan to Jooheons mercy, they all went in for more snacks.

In the snack room, Hyunwoo had some 'carrots' and healthy things, overshadowing the glory of pure sugar icing.

"Cupcakes?" Changkyun asked, batting his eyelashes as Soonyoung pulled a pouty face.

Unfortunately Hyunwoo wasn't swayed. "Eat something healthy first, then maybe you can have another."

Apparently Kihyun had rubbed off on Hyunwoo, because usually all it took were pouty faces to get something sweet.

Jihoon didn't really complain, and neither did Soonyoung, because they were much better about this whole listening thing. Youngjae apparently didn't agree to this very much, and made a half cry half whining sound.

Changkyun didn't want Kihyun to get involved, wherever he was, because then he'd have to eat whatever was handed to him.

Jooheon and Byeongkwan came back, Byeongkwan pouty and dejected seeming.

"Who won?" Changkyun asked quickly, excited and bouncy at once.

"We tied!" Jooheon exclaimed, seeming much happier about it than the other.

Byeongkwan sat himself straight on the floor. "I wanted to win."

Changkyun grabbed a mini carrot and offered it to Byeongkwan. "It's okay, we can win next time."

•••

Kihyun was actually sad when he couldn't hold the baby anymore or else seem weird. He loved holding baby Minsung.

It'd be a lie if he said he wasn't jealous of Hyungwon and Hoseok for having the amazing opportunity of adopting a child into their family.

Kihyun spelt most of the rest of the birthday party watching the other kids run and play, making sure the pillow fights were safe, and picking up any stray napkins along with occasionally talking to some stray parents here and there.

He had met Junhee, Byeongkwans dad, and heard the story of Byeongkwans mom leaving him to his dad and breaking it all off for this long lasting affair (that had been happening even before Byeongkwan was born, leaving questions as to his legitimate heritage) and the other heartbreaks of all his struggles. And Kihyun thought he had a hard time.

It was weird to draw similarities in their situations, but somehow easy. Single dads raising a child practically on their own.

One large difference though was that Kihyun happened to have found Hyunwoo when he needed him the most.

The party lasted a few more hours, which Changkyun was absolutely glowing in happiness the whole time, even eating a portion of healthy snacks between cupcakes.

When people started leaving, Changkyun made sure to say goodbye to each person, especially Jooheon who got not one, but two hugs.

Kihyun was sad to see Minsung go, aching to have held him just a little longer. But he was already back in his carrier in Hoseoks arms and halfway out the door, so Kihyun could only sigh and watch as they left, eventually to close the door behind them.

His thoughts were disrupted when some small projectile ran into his legs and squeezed them in a tight hug.

"How was your birthday baby?" Kihyun knelt down to gladly wrap Changkyun up in his arms, noticing the blue icing in unmistakably purposeful streaks on his face.

"The best ever!" He threw his arms up, laughing giddily. "-and I'm not a baby I'm grown up now."

Kihyun rolled his eyes, uh huh, 'grown up'. "Mmmm... but you'll always be my baby, Kyunnie." To Changkyuns protest Kihyun kissed him on the cheek. (Which was generously wiped afterwards with a loud 'ewwww!')

Then the sugar-high kid turned off and ran incase Kihyun got any smart ideas of tickling or more kisses.

Kihyun sighed a little bit, smiling and shaking his head slightly to himself. He loved his family.

Hyunwoo would definitely get scolded for this later, but then again maybe some rewarding was due for making this day so memorable for Changkyun.

Kihyun headed to the kitchen, knowing some clean up was in order, and on his way in Changkyun was running out- face clean of icing, but holding another cupcake.

Lord knows how many he's already had.

Bright side, the crash afterwards. Downside, he'd run holes in all the flooring and break into the apartment below.

The culprit for this was doing the dishes, and putting away the leftover snacks and food. With his back to Kihyun.

Kihyun slipped up behind Hyunwoo, none too gently smacking his rear and going on tip toes to put his chin on his shoulder.

The resounding slap made Hyunwoo startle, wincing and having to rub his stinging cheek. "That was nice." He grumbled, looking at Kihyun at his shoulder, pouting in a very 'that-wasnt-nice' way that contradicted his words.

"Uh huh, it's what you get for giving him so much sugar. He's gonna be too hyper and then get a stomach ache and go into a sugar coma and it's your fault mister." Kihyun narrowed his eyes, and felt gratification at the sheepish look that came in response.

"But it's his birthday." Hyunwoo half heartedly reasoned.

There were things you could argue with Kihyun about, and some where it was just accepting he was right. Even when he's wrong, he's right.

"You'll pay me back for this," Kihyun made sure Hyunwoo understood, patting his butt a final time (more gently than before) and then leaving the kitchen to let Hyunwoo finish.

He didn't feel bad about leaving him to do the dishes alone. Not at all.

Instead Kihyun had the job of locating Changkyun and dressing him for bed. It was no small task, considering the scary things kids can do when half their being is sugar.

"Kyunnie~" Kihyun cooed, spotting a lone cupcake wrapped on the floor. He knelt down and picked it up, turning it in his hands and slowly looking up with narrowed eyes.

The game was afoot.

•••

[a/n] hello! Uh so I'm so sorry for not delivering on this chapter because it was supposed to end in--- well let's just say it was going to have a whole extra thing at the end bc I feel like this just lacks sustenance idk

but then I literally lost all ability to write all of a sudden so I was like well guess I'll never actually finish this chapter and it'll lowkey be a huge disappointment because I didn't get what I wanted to in it and that's depressing

BUT ITS BEEN TOO LONG SINCE I UPLOADED SO IM POSTING IT ANYWAY yay content

sorry guys I'll have a bonus chapter out at some point but the next one is the finale

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

67.9K 4.7K 105
After one incident, Son Hyunwoo is shackled with a 'babysitter' in the form of Prosecutor Yoo Kihyun until further notice. What happens as they figh...
60.6K 2.7K 25
changkyun is sick and kihyun cares about nothing but him. (201019 - #1 in 'changki' hehe <3)
17.7K 1.5K 47
ㅡin which a girl plots revenge against the chae family for a cold-blooded murder that had happened years ago. started: / april 15, 2020 / highest ran...
186K 16.7K 16
kihyun does everything changkyun asks him to. © ceoseungri · 2016