IRIDESCENT . black clover

By tokimihyachi

VARIOUS! BC! X FEM. OC ā”ā”ā” even kings and saints fall to their knees for her. ( tokimihyachi / 09.29.20 ) ( o... More

š…šŽš‘š„š–šŽš‘šƒ.
š‚š‡š€š‘š€š‚š“š„š‘ š‹šŽš†.
ā–° š—®š—暝—° š—¶š—»š˜š—暝—¼š—±š˜‚š—°š˜š—¶š—¼š—»š˜€.
šŸ¬šŸ­. re-awakening
šŸ¬šŸ®. a king's wish
šŸ¬šŸÆ. purpose
šŸ¬šŸ±. magic knights exam!
šŸ¬šŸ². the glitches
šŸ¬šŸ³. the beginning of a journey
šŸ¬šŸ“. of futile meetings
šŸ¬šŸµ. the maiden named mist
šŸ­šŸ¬. old habits die hard
šŸ­šŸ­. the golden boy
šŸ­šŸ®. a game called guessing

šŸ¬šŸ°. the royal court

3.8K 168 238
By tokimihyachi

CHAPTER FOUR . THE ROYAL COURT
ARC ONE, FINALE

▅▅▅

- half a year time skip -

SUNDOWN MEANT ONLY an hour is left before Artemis would meet his uncle and face trial. She waited on the bridge of the royal castle's garden, her fingers clenching the warped oak railing she sat on, nervously trying to collect her thoughts so her speech may appease them.

"I'm sure you'll be fine." Nozel assured her as a moth fluttered in front of his nose which he repelled with his magic.

"If you mean it as 'they will not approve of it' then yes, I will be fine." the tree beside them grew its branches to reach in front of her face with an apple at the end of the bough. Plucking the said fruit, she cocked her head to the side, "William, Yami, you came."

Yami threw a pebble into the brook, sending small droplets onto her brown boots, "Goldie wanted to, I'm just here to mock ya when you fail." both Nozel and William frowned at his indiscreet teasing.

Fuegoleon merely smiled as he jumped onto the bridge railing beside her, "There's no way the magic parliament, and the church could turn you down." he quivered importantly, patting her back as she took a bite of the apple.

"But they're biased!" Artemis cried, " If both the church and the parliament reject me because it does not see me fit as a proper successor of the throne then I'd be aggraviated not because they declined, but because of the stupid succession-male only law." she huffed, crossing both of her arms.

"The title would become extinct unless the succession law is amended. I've read a few books and it clearly states that we are under absolute primogeniture. And you, my lady, are the only one who is blood-related to him." the masked man said, confusing the black-haired mage beside him.

"The hell does that mean?"

"It means that the Royal bloodline of the Kira's and the Clover's would die with the current King." Fuegoleon interjected.

"Surely, with his mentality and a strong belief that only royalty should rise above, the only choice is Artemis. A wise, and worthy successor." William added, his tone filled with certainty and confidence.

Artemis sighed as her presence darkened. Her plans to become a Magic Knight worthy of standing alongside her friends has been stalled by the sudden proposal of his uncle. Such future hovered over her like a bad omen, taunting her with self-doubt and demurral.

"Artemis!" a voice called. All five of them turn their heads to see Julius. The girl went down the bridge immediately and hugged her godfather in a tight embrace.

Julius chuckled seeing how nervous she actually is, "I thought you didn't care much if you were declined?" he asked as she threw a light punch at him on his chest, "After the people showed much of their support to me I simply cannot disappoint them." she replied, breaking the hug and twirling back to where the four are.

"I came here to call you. The jury is ready in the room and you're all they're waiting for." the mana flow tensed, as the words passed Julius' lips. Every single qualification was met, the only thing that was needed was the assessment.

THE MAGIC KNIGHT 
Captains who came to attend (all of them were present) sat uncomfortably as they peered down to see if Artemis was still alive after various claims of imprudence, and accusations of misbehavior were thrown against her.

It was clear that they were completely against the idea. Their problems didn't lay on her being a new crowned princess. It was only right as her uncle is indeed the king himself, the issue is that the possibility of her succeeding the throne when augustus xviii chokes himself from a piece of bread.

Not one single book contains any transcripts, or records of a woman ever being the queen. every single one of them were men. but due to augustus' incapability of bearing a child despite having married two women, their choices as presented by her was; one, they would give their blessing to her and allow it, or two, the reign of royalty in clover kingdom would vanish.

To choose the first would mean that the laws and jurisdiction of practically the entirety would undergo certain changes, but to choose the second is to humiliate not only the king, but every royal bloodline that exists in the kingdom.

A judge presented earlier that if the legislature of royalty denied the request, it was either nozel silva, or fuegoleon vermillion to ascend the throne, and both who were present declined it swiftly, stating that their goals are solely directed towards becoming the next wizard king which the audience took favor of.

Now that the spectators were assured that both the branches of governance was with royal blood, the tides of the court soon turned in her favor.

"Artemis Euraka Kairos, if you are to fully wish to become eligible as the next queen, then we ask of you to change your patronymic." artemis' eyebrow twitched in disbelief. The murmur of the onlookers hallowed in her ears.

The girl raised her hand in the air for permission. "You may speak." one of the judges said.

"Pardon me, your honor. but you want me to change kairos to clover?" her eyes drifted to her parents, sitting silently on the front benches with expressions that couldn't be interpreted.

The gavel of the judge hammered the sound block to silence everyone.

"Silence!"

Yami whispered to William, "would've smacked them in the face by now. dunno how she's cool with all of this shit." william's face no longer held its amiable smile. He had not one say about the wizarding department of the kingdom as Julius handled it exteremely well ever since he became the wizard king, but the magic parliament, he did not much favor.

'Can't they just shut up? their disgusting blood runs through her yet she isn't corrupted like them so they should just stop this nonsense' patri spatted in william's mind. The frustration of his friend was not helping him ease his anxiety.

"If we were to allow such valiant change, then the surname of your husband-to-be shall carry the name of every eligible candidate for being next in line. so say that you've changed your surname before marriage, at least in this way, your child, prefferably a boy, may choose if he wishes to keep the surname clover or take that of their fathers."

Now they were vexed.

Nozel shifted in place as did Fuegoleon. The mere thought of her changing her last name for the purpose of pleasing their selfish and hubristic appeals angered the two royal cousins, but if the council would want to interfere with her even after marriage, they will not hesitate act upon it and thwart their plans.

"Would you like to say anything on your behalf?" the fourth judge asked, "yes, your honor." though barely noticeable, the irritation slurring in her voice was obvious to her comrades.

The woman cleared her throat before speaking, "Your honor, I understand the concern of both the jury and all the councils involved in this predicament." she began, earnestly looking at all judges one by one, "but to involve my life in such manner, even after marriage is something one would easily agree to."

"You may continue..."

"What if i wear to bear a child when i am already married? wouldn't my child automatically use their father's surname—"

"Then bear a child before getting married."

Artemis was not one to mess with when it came to old traditions. if one were observant enough, you would easily conclude that she was strict whenever it came to topics related to tying the knot and the businesses of matrimony.

So, to dictate, and hold dominion over her life is a delicate and grave mistake, "Can I propose a condition that may pacify the given situation?" the third judge looked at the people of power they were with, hammering the mallet as they spoke, "Sustained."

Clearing her throat that was drying up in nervousness, Artemis continued, "The contemplation in which is presently felt right now is not unnoticed by me, Your Honor. If you were to  be coronate me as the new crowned Princess, I will allow that I shall still be under surveillance 'till further notice from the legislature that I am worthy to ascend the throne." several gasps were illicited with her statement. 'She's willing to negotiate...?'

"What about your surname then?"

"I shall allow the change. However, if I am married before I even have an heir, my child shall bear their father's surname." to have a surname that is not Clover take over the Kingdom was a choice they were not willing to make, but thinking that they may still have time to convince her otherwise, the first judge ended the trial on her behalf as that.

The judges then proceed in instructing the jury to come up with a decision. artemis closed her eyes, her breathing becoming rapid each passing second as the defeaning silence enveloped the room.

"The jury's decision, if you please." the second judge asked as the bailiff took the parchment from their hands and read it aloud with much authority, "This jury finds Artemis worthy a chance of succession." 

Artemis shot her eyes open, and almost sprang from her place from bewilderment if not for her self-control and consciousness of the surroundings.

"So say all?" the judge asked the jury. 

The bailiff read the passage once more before turning their eyes to the girl, "Yes, your honor."

"Members of the jury have approved the coronation of Artemis Eureka Kairos, howbeit, she is still under evaluation to ascend the throne. It shall be done effective immediately. this court dismisses you." the judge said, battering their mallet one last time.

The bailiff stood up once again, "all rise." the man says as everyone did as they were told to honor the judges. Taking a glimpse at them as they left one by one, Artemis was able to catch a sight of them flashing her a tad smile for her success.

The audience went down, and Artemis' parents quickly swooped their daughter into a hug, "I'm sorry I had to give up my surname, Mother, Father. I promise I will get it back once I've—"

Her harangue regarding such issue was hushed when her mother patted her back and silently replied, "We know." breaking the cuddle that did not last that long, the girl turns to the captains who appeared at her trial and expresses her gratitude most humbly.

Yami, despite not wanting to ruin the moment, could not help himself as he stepped closer to pat her head, "Congratulations, Plantie. Or should I call you Princess Plantie now?" if not for the presence of Artemis, Nozel would've executed him then and there.

"To repay your kindness, I came here prepared with a letter that shall end your perpetual nights of conflictions." her theatrical statement made them raise their brow. Artemis jovially skips to her parents who held her satchel as she reached in to show them an envelope with their House seal, her ever so difficult signature, present at the bottom.

"I know what squad I wish to join."

chapter four, end.

arc one end. 

▅▅▅

⍄ edited on january 2021.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

375K 5.1K 67
Request Status: CLOSED FORVER. You know the drill :) [500 follower special!]
692K 15.8K 143
I don't see many of these, so I thought I could create one. Characters that'll I'll include: ~Asta ~Fuegoleon ~Luck ~Mereoleona ~Nozel ~Yami ~Yuno...
3.4K 94 44
Iris has a severe case of amnesia. She doesn't remember a single thing before she woke up half-blind in the village of Hage and was saved by a boy na...
144K 4.6K 38
The legend goes, "It appeared as though humanity would be destroyed by the demon. But a single mage saved them all. His name was Lumiere Silvamillion...