The Other CEO

By ivojovi

Grief-stricken over the death of the boss who was like a father to her, Olivia Bailey is left to deal with th... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23 - Pierce's POV
Chapter 24 - Pierce's POV
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31 - Pierce's POV
Chapter 32 - Pierce's POV
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40

Chapter 12

1.1M 29.3K 5.8K
By ivojovi

For the next few weeks, Pierce had been keeping me busy in the office. I didn't mind much since the year was about to end and we were working on our year-end reports. It was usually busy at this time of year with all the holidays coming up that would eat up some of our working days. In addition to that, Pierce was even giving me some ridiculous requests such as having dinner with him almost every night, doing his dirty laundry and even cleaning his apartment.

Lately, I felt like I was being treated as a maid. My job specifications only require my assistance related to Alexander Corporation or doing his personal errands that only require paperwork, not menial tasks. Wilson never let me do any of these things. However, it was from my own willingness that wanted me to take care of him from the time he got sick. It was my own way of paying him back. Plus, I cared deeply for Wilson.

I hadn't spent enough time with Hugh lately since I had been crammed in this office all day. When I came home from work, he was either asleep or out late for work. We hadn't planned on Thanksgiving yet. We were sure that we would be going back to Connecticut, like we do every single year. It was the only time I could visit my grandma back home. I truly missed her and her homecooked meals.

This particular day, however, wasn't any different. I was so full of it. Pierce and I were now yelling at each other in his office. He wanted me to stay when I specifically told him that I would be gone for the holidays. I needed to get home for Thanksgiving to see my family. His top priority was for me to clean his apartment. Was he kidding me?

"You're being ridiculous! Why can't you hire someone to do the job?" I raised my voice.

"You said you were going home with Hugh." His nose was flaring from anger. The mention of Hugh's name would set him off every time.

"What does Hugh even have to do with this?" It was getting frustrating. I couldn't understand him. I actually hoped that we were getting along just fine after that day at the cemetery. The air had started to change when he went to my apartment during my birthday and met Hugh.

Sudden realization hit me.

"A-are you jealous?" I stuttered a bit on my question. I knew it was a bold thing to ask but I really couldn't pin point where his anger was coming from.

"Don't be so sure of yourself, Olive," he responded smugly.

Maybe it was time to scare him a bit. "Oh yeah? Then why are you reacting this way? You've been keeping me away from him. You wanted me to be around you all the time so that you could keep me busy with your absurd demands." I walked up to him slowly, a playful smirk on my lips. I knew I was assuming things but I thought about what Hugh had told me. Maybe, just maybe he would tell me something I wanted to hear.

He was silent, unsure of what to say. I think what I said had affected him. I stood a few inches away from him and I could feel the heat radiating off him. When he didn't answer, I continued, "I'm going home on Thursday since you've already approved my leave. Your apartment can wait, Pierce. I'm not your maid. I suggest you hire one." I turned around as I walked off in confidence. A strong hand had grabbed my wrist and I gasped in surprise when he swiftly turned me around. I was about to lash out on him when he had shut me up completely as he planted his lips onto mine.

Oh god, he was kissing me again.

The kiss was urgent yet his lips were soft against mine. My eyes started to close and just drank him in. Then, my heart started to pound as his touch made me shiver with anticipation. I was aware this time. The kiss felt too surreal to even comprehend that it was Pierce Alexander who was claiming my lips.

I didn't know what to with my hands. I was too stiff since I was caught by surprise. Pierce snaked his arm around my waist as he pulled me close, his other hand caressing my face. I got lost for a moment but then the logical part of my brain had started to snap out of it when I felt his tongue slowly gliding across my lips. He wanted to deepen the kiss and it scared me all of a sudden.

I opened my eyes and realized that I was kissing him back fervently. I pushed him away with wide-eyes. He looked at me in confusion as he tried to catch his breath. Lust and adoration was all I could see in his gleaming eyes. We were still silent as he held me dangerously close. I hadn't completely shoved him away.

"What was that?" I whispered.

"I...I don't know," he said, stepping back a little. Pierce was stunned as I was and I think he had kissed me out of impulse.

I had expected him to say at least anything that would give me a hint what he was doing to me. It probably meant nothing to him. He was just using me to get what he wanted. The kiss had started out as something magical just like a scene from a Disney princess movie. But now, it felt like we were in a Tim Burton movie but without Johnny Depp in the scene. It hurt and gave it all the more reason to ruin my first kiss.

"Oh," was all I could muster. I had no idea what he was thinking or feeling right now. He was so damn confusing. I stepped back, unable to bear his presence. I opened the door and ran out of his office. It was so stupid of me to kiss him back. I shouldn't have but I did.

I knew I liked him in a way, but what attracted me the most was when he showed me a different side of him. He could be charming, sweet and playful at times. It was short-lived after that stunt that Hugh had pulled during my birthday. After realizing he was jealous of Hugh, I expected him to say something at least.

Good thing I was leaving tomorrow for Thanksgiving. I wouldn't have to deal with Pierce for the long weekend ahead. Right now, I already dreaded the thought I would be seeing him on Monday. This was going to be really awkward. I just hoped that he would be able to act as if nothing had happened because I couldn't bear the fact that the kiss meant nothing to him.

The next morning, Hugh and I left New York. It was a two-hour drive so our estimated time of arrival would be before lunch time. It was a last minute plan that we would be celebrating Thanksgiving at my grandmother's house. Hugh's family would be over for dinner. We had to stop by the supermarket to get all the ingredients we needed for tonight. Hugh and Gran were in charge of preparing the turkey while I was on cleaning duty and setting up the table. I had the tendency to burn the kitchen down if I were to help during the preparations. Hence, I was off limits to the kitchen. I didn't blame him though. I was a total disaster.

The drive had consisted on lip-syncing to 90s music. Hugh made a mix that included all the artists that we had listened to during our childhood days. We were laughing a lot during the drive but after an hour, we got tired from our car concierto. I couldn't help but drift my thoughts back to Pierce. I wasn't quite sure if he went back to London to celebrate Thanksgiving with his mom. They probably didn't continue the tradition on the other side of the world. If he did stay, well, he didn't know anyone. I was worried that he might be alone for the holidays.

I mentally shook my head. I shouldn't be thinking about him. It would only remind me of how he had kissed me. The scene replayed bit by bit in my head whenever I recalled it. I couldn't even get any sleep last night. The feel of his lips were still fresh on mine. I unintentionally touched my lips, having that tingly feel.

"Is something wrong?" Hugh broke me out from my thoughts.

"Mhmm?"

"You look flushed. Did you finally lose your v-card to your boss?" He smirked. He knew me too well. However, he was wrong about losing my virginity to Pierce. We shared a kiss, my first one for that matter.

I would have laughed at his face for being blunt with his questions. This was a usual banter for us but right now it felt different. I was finally reacting to Hugh's teasing. My palms started to sweat as I started to feel nervous.

His smile grew wider when I didn't tell him to shut up like I was supposed to do. "Holy shit, Vee! You did!"

"Oh, for the love of god." I rolled my eyes at him. I knew he wasn't going to stop until he got the kind of information he wanted to hear. I groaned at the fact that I would be sharing my feelings right now. I wasn't ready to disclose this kind of intimacy. It was weird and I wasn't even certain that Pierce had feelings for me. He was probably toying with me since I was the only female specie that was in a five feet radius from his office. I was just convenient to him, I guess. But then I wasn't that kind of girl.

"But something did happen. Spill you, little slut." He chuckled as he took a glance on me then concentrated back on the road.

I sighed. "We just kissed. It's nothing." I waved my hand at him, not making a big deal out of it.

Hugh squealed a very high pitched tone which made me cover my ears. "Nothing? It was your first kiss! How was it? Was he a good kisser? What does he taste like? Did he give you any tongue action? Come on, spill!"

I had to do another eye roll at his attempt to get detailed answers from me. He was being absurd.

"Can we just end it with that?" I pleaded.

Hugh groaned, "Vee, you're torturing me. Please, just a short juicy summary." He batted his eyelashes then nudged my arm.

"You're lucky I'm stuck in a moving vehicle with you." There was no escaping now. Note to self, never have conversations with Hugh regarding men while you're in a confined moving space.

He grinned haughtily at me because he knew that he had won.

"He wanted me to stay just so I could clean his apartment."

"And?"

"I fought back then walked out on him since he was being unreasonable. Before I knew it, he suddenly grabbed my wrist and kissed me. Okay, end of story. Shut up and drive."

Hugh was still wearing a smug smile on his face while he continued to drive. "I knew my plan would work." He whispered. He was mostly talking to himself. I think he didn't want me to hear it. I didn't argue any longer so I ignored him completely and continued to look outside my window all throughout the drive.

We made it to my house around ten in the morning. It was still early to have the time to arrange the dining room and buy some groceries. I was excited to see my grandmother first. I hurriedly ran to the doorstep and rang the doorbell. A minute after, the door finally swung open and revealed Gran, smiling at me with her prominent eye wrinkles. Her hair was all white that she kept in a neat bob. She may be old but she still got that spunk that made her a cool grandmother.

"Gran! I missed you." I hugged her as I immediately smelled her comforting scent, dewy morning flowers. I finally felt that I was home. It had been a year since I last visited her.

"Hello, dear. I missed you as well." She held my arms and looked at me. "My, have you been eating? You've lost weight."

I giggled. "Gran, you always say that every time I come to visit. I'll be eating a lot tonight. You don't have to worry. I got the best chefs in the world with me."

Gran noticed that Hugh was behind me. "Hugh, you've gotten really handsome." She was delighted to see him as well. She beamed at the both of us. I knew she was happy to see us since she had been alone in this house ever since I moved out.

"Thanks, Olga. You don't look bad yourself, looking young as always," he smiled.

"What a charmer!" Gran chuckled at Hugh's effort to sweet-talk her.

Greetings had been exchanged. Hugh then let me settle my things first while he talked to Gran about the plans on what to prepare for tonight. I went up to my room and when I opened the door, it still looked the same from the time I left after high school. The only difference was that my grandmother still kept it clean even after I was gone. I didn't have much, just my bed, study table and closet. All I had lying around were all my books. I didn't have any trophies to show off since I just studied during high school and made good grades. I had a boring high school life, as you could tell, but Hugh made it bearable and a little fun for me. I wasn't sure why Hugh had kept hanging around me while he could be one of the popular people during those days.

I knew that during middle school, he was bullied for being gay. I guessed he couldn't handle those types of people. He wanted someone who wouldn't judge him and just be himself. He came across me and we got stuck with each other.

After settling my things down, Hugh and I went directly to the grocery store to buy what was needed for tonight. We got home around after lunch and immediately Gran and Hugh went straight to work in the kitchen. Obviously, I wasn't needed there so I busied myself cleaning and arranging some furniture to accommodate guests later.

I finished my tasks earlier than expected. I headed upstairs to take a quick shower and fix myself to dress up for the occasion. I wore an A-line maroon skirt dress and paired it with my black doll shoes. Then, I curled my wavy hair and applied my normal routine for make-up. It was almost six in the evening; I still had time to set the table.

The doorbell rang an hour later. It must be Hugh's family. I opened the door and was greeted by five smiling people.

Hank, Hugh's father, looked intimidating with his scruffy beard but he was a total softy in real life. He was even understanding towards Hugh when he came out of the closet during middle school. I moved my head slightly to look at Caroline who was Hugh's mother. She was a sweetheart and took me into their family when I had a rough time coping with my loss. She had treated me like a daughter since she gave birth to only two boys and no girls. Lastly, Hugh's older brother, Hunter. He was married to Katie and had a baby girl named Emma who was now two years old. I remembered Hunter used to jokingly flirt with me just so I would smile from his lame attempts to woo the ladies. I didn't get what Katie had seen in him and married the guy. Hunter was just silly and comical which was a huge plus on his personality. I knew he wouldn't bring harm to Katie. The guy was good and an awesome father to Emma. He was like a big brother to me. I loved Hugh's family as equally like my own.

"You made it! Oh my, Emma is so big now." I couldn't contain my excitement. I had missed them so much. I hadn't been home in so long. Caroline immediately threw herself at me, hugging me like we hadn't seen each other since forever.

"Oh, Olivia, you're becoming more beautiful every time we see you." I blushed at her comment. I hadn't done anything really, no beauty routine of some sort.

"Thanks, Carol. You look great as well." I smiled genuinely at them. "Come in! It's getting cold out here." I laughed lightly. I was too excited and I hadn't even notice we were standing by the door for some time.

Everyone settled inside the house. They were now trying to suffocate Hugh from their hugs. I could tell that he was happy to see them too.

"Guys, I really need to finish cooking our food," he laughed as he tried to get away from his family.

I smiled at the sight. This weekend would be Pierce-free so I was completely overjoyed to spend my time with my family.

"Hey, Olivia." I turned around to see Hunter holding a bottle of wine. "We brought wine. Where should I put this?"

"Let me take that." He handed me the wine. Unconsciously, he rubbed the back of his neck.

"Being shy around me now?" I teased. He was never like this before.

"If only I knew you would be this pretty, I wouldn't have had married Katie," he joked, a bad one at that.

"Hunter!" I smacked his arm whilst laughing at his inappropriate comment about Katie. "You never changed, pig. Katie is going to kill you."

He finally broke into a grin. "You know me too well."

I rolled my eyes and walked off to put the wine onto the dining table. We were about to join the family in the living room when the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it." I padded across the room to get to the door. When I opened it, I couldn't believe my eyes at the person who was standing in front of me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

246K 8.7K 38
His eyes filled with tears when he saw her go. The only joy he had ever known. Money got him everything he had but his life was void of love. Field C...
5.5M 268K 58
#1 in Romance (23.05.20) A WATTPAD ROMANCE FEATURED STORY. "So the kiss was just a mistake?" "Yes." she nodded her head as if just the words weren't...
2.8M 125K 65
[Billionaire / Fake Relationship] The last thing Livy expects is to fall for Logan, the hot but damaged billionaire who wants to help her pay for her...
482K 21.2K 40
After a tragedy, Amila Johnson abandons her life in New York and retreats back to her birthplace of Houston. She tries to start anew but she can't ge...