My Sister was the Lost Squad...

By vhenyfire

This oneshot was written a long time ago and published in my DA account. Maybe it isn't bad sharing this here... More

My Sister was the Lost Squad Leader

142 3 0
By vhenyfire

(Full Name), one of the greatest soldier in Garrison and the youngest Squad Leader. Everyone admired your kindness, strength, intelligence and courage. Not only that, you also have the divine beauty that attracts everybody. It seems as if you are a goddess.

But there is something happened awfully bad in your life..

You retired when your cousin died of the cowardice of your entrusted comrades. They just watched the titan swallowing your cousin while your trust relies in them when you're not around. Your trust just got wasted, you really do not receive that he died. Your hatred increases every time you see them. You really can't help it so you chose to stay with your siblings. Your remaining family and last hope.

After talking with the understanding senior, Commander Pixis. You are walking towards your room to pack up your things, preparation for your leave tomorrow. Someone knocked the door and opened, you saw Rico Brzenska peeking at the door with her sad face. You motioned her to sit beside you in the bed, then she went inside the room. She was your bestfriend and she always understand your feelings.

"Are you really going home, (Name)?" Rico asked.

"Y-yes.." you admit as you zipped your bag.

"You know (Name), you have to accept what is really occurred. Don't put the anger in your heart too much." she hugs you, this is the first time she told you her opinion. But she only said that because she do not want you to leave.

"I'm really sorry, Rico." you apologized as you hugged her back "I'm scared for letting my remaining family died of my negligence. When (male cousin's name) died, I feel so pathetic. I promised to myself that I'll protect them until the titans disappear in the world but.. I lost him. So now.. I will choose to stay closer with my sister and my brother."

"I know it's not your negligence (Name). I know you trusted them whole-heartedly but just forgive them and please don't leave. Just give them a punishment, not to leave. Please..." (your cousin is also one of your comrades reader-chan~)

"Yes, I know it. But I can't. Actually.. I blame myself for that.." you hissed as your fist grip tightly "But please understand my situation."

"I understand. I'll miss you (Nickname). You are the best soldier of all I've ever known."

"I'll miss you, too, Rico. You're the best friend of all I have ever known. Thank you for understanding me, I'm really greatful."

***Five months ago***

Previously, you're working as a soldier then now is a baker. You work in the bakery which is also employed your sister. You were loved by people of Trost so you're quite popular. They loved the tastes of pastries you made nor your divine beauty and kindness. Every morning was always having long queue at the bakery, sometimes are uproarious yet. The trio bought some bread on the bakery, this time you're the vendor. When the turquoise eyed boy gave you the cost, you two have stared each other about a sec.

'Such beautiful ones..' you thoughted

'She looks strong.. and familliar...' he thoughted

A blondie tapped the brunette's shoulder so you snapped.

"Let's go, Eren." a blonde head smiled at him.

"M-mm!" he nodded in response and left.

"What bread did you bought?" A black haired girl asked the brunette boy while walking away and now you never hear the following words escaping on their lips

'So Eren was his name..' you thought as your lips stretched into a smile

You remembered something from the past. You saw a boy smiling and playing around with you.

'W-what is that for? Ugh.. Daydreaming...' then you took the tray inside of the oven

The next day, that Eren and the blondie boy would like to buy some bread for their snacks, they stopped walking when they saw you talking with the soldiers from Garrison infront of the bakery. And those soldiers were your comrades. There's a lot of people watching there, too. They want you to go back but you refused. You said a lot of very harsh words with your rough voice while your sister stopping you for yelling them and they finally left.

"I cannot forgive all of you...!" your last word turned back to normal. Soft and lovely voice. People felt pity on you, knowing of your cousin's death. You got on your knees then you started crying

"I knew it, so my prediction is right! She looks strong. And then she's a soldier."

"Eren? You thoughted about that?" the blondie asked him

"Why, Armin? Did you thoughted the same?" he asked gleefully as he shake Armin's shoulders

"I-I guess. I think that is (Na--)"

"I have to talk to her! I want her to join the Scouting Legion!"

"W-wha?"

"I'm going to meet her tomorrow! Let's go Armin! We have to go back now!" he said cheerfully running away

"B-but what about the bread? Ugh.. Fine!" he followed Eren

***Time skip***

It's still dawn. Wow he visited you so early! He realized that he didn't know where your house is so now he was walking onto the bakery.. Just not only he want you to join Scouting Legion, he wanted to know more about you. He saw someone opening the cover of the bakery, wearing a same apron and bandana on the head. Well she is the owner of the bakery. He asked her for having a serious conversation to you so she came in to call you.

"(Name) there's a soldier wants to take a serious conversation with you."

"Ma'am, I--"

"Don't worry, he's from Scouting Legion, not from Garrison. He looks like a good person and I'll handle this pastries for you." the owner smiled at you

"Yes, ma'am." You admit, now you came outside the bakery and walk towards him. You're wondering that there's a random soldier from scouting legion wants to take a conversation this morning. You saw a bright turquoise eyes staring at your lovely (e/c) orbs.

'H-he's the man who have beautiful eyes! W-why would he want to talk to me?!' you thoughted nervously

'Is she nervous?' he thought confusedly

"U-uhm.. E-ehem.. I'm Eren Jaeger member of the scouting legion. I'm a product of successful top-secret Titan transformation research, but I think you have already heard about me. I can be seen as violent and impulsive but please don't be afraid to talk to me. I'm not as unapproachable as you may think? It was a pleasure to meet you." He introduced, he held out his hand, as if he wanted to shake it with yours.

You better go silence of his weird introduction but you giggled a little

"The pleasure is mine." you bowed to him chastely "My name is (Full Name) one of bakers of this bakeshop, but sometimes I'm substituting as a vendor. It is alright, I am not afraid of you even though you are a Titan Shifter, you seem a good person. I think you care for your comrades and you are willing to risk your life just to save them." then you smiled to him 'Wait, what in the world happened did I just say?' you thoughted

"Those opinions seems as if you know me so well."

'Oh crap' you snapped, even though you never know the horrible things that you're saying...

"Oh is that it? Uhm.. What brings you here, anyway?" you giggled

"Hmmm.. I found out that you're a soldier of Garrison, and a Squad Leader, Miss (Name)."

"W-where did you get that?" you stammered

"Well.. Me and Armin were going to buy here and we saw you performing yesterday, and it was amazing!" he answered obnoxiously putting his hands in the waists

'Perform? They saw me yesterday?' you thoughted nervously but you also calmed immediately 'Mmm okay, I guess it's gonna be alright if I tell him the truth..'

"Mmm.." You nodded in response

"So it's totally you. The lost squad leader from Garrison 5 months ago. So the truth is you quit, not died, escaped or something. That's what I heard rumors about you. So you quit because of your cousin died of your comrade's cowardice.." he said as he rubbed his chin then you nodded again

"I understand the situation now.. It is unforgivable to lost your loved ones and even entrusted to somebody but not saved by them.. but why chose to quit?" you gaped a moment but you immediately opened your mouth because you felt the hatred within your heart

"I can't.. forgive for those cowards letting my cousin die while my trust relies in them when I'm not around. And even if I would find them a replacement, I can still see their faces, Eren." your voice getting rougher when you called his name

"I'm sorry Squad Leader (Name).." you gasped as he called you that

"Eren.." his turquoise eyes looked into your (e/c) orbs "You know, even if I believe in my own strength or even if I believe in the choices of the comrades... No one can ever know how it will end." he surprised of what you have said but he remains calm

"I know.." Eren answered, making you to look at him again

"When I was little, I lost my mother. I just watched her eaten by a Titan. I was too weak. I am not strong enough to save my mother. So I chose this fate, becoming a soldier, to fight the Titans. I promised to myself that I will kill every last one of them. Not just only to protect Mikasa and Armin. All of my friends and for humanity.", Eren's voice are deep, you could really see the strong hope in his eyes and serious about his passion.

"Squad Leader (Name)?"

"Yes?" You blinked

"I want you.. to join Scouting Legion." he looked at you seriously as if he is looking at your soul

"I'm not a soldier anymore." he got speechless as you replied then you've stared each other in a sec

"Pardon me." you bowed at him again and you were going back in the bakery to continue your business but he grip your sleeve

"What?!" you shouted

"Do you know, there's a reason why I would like you to join Scouting Legion?" he let your hand go gradually and he put on a serious face

"What?" you repeated your ask

"Your pastries you made tastes good!" he exclaimed

"What?" you repeated again

"I want you to bake more delicious bread for me!"

You gave him your death glare which would have made anyone run away, scared, away from you. But he just giggled and wave it off

"Just joking.. Uhm.. Okay I'm going to be serious..." he take a deep sigh and your eyes softened back

"I just noticed that you forgot something."

"What?" again.. then you tilted your head of confusion

"Don't you remember me? We are classmates in 104th Trainee Squad."

"...........Really?" You gaped

"You don't remember?" he shaked your shoulders taking you closer to him "Whoa how freaking forgetful of you? Have you forgotten the times we've shared? The pranks that we've made? You know were almost alike me, we both hated Titans and wanting to kill one of them. But when we are put together, the life is greatful. Very greatful.. AND YOU FORGOT THAT I'M IN TOP TEN THEN YOU'RE IN TOP 15?" he yelled, shaking you furiously

"W-would you please stop shaking me? I don't understand."

"And you treated me like your brother."

***Flashback***

"They ate my mom. I'll kill them all!" he shouted he stood up with his one fist

"They ate my parents! I'll slay them all!" you shouted as you stood up with your both fists

Then you both stared each other and little giggles suddenly escaped in your lips

***Back to current time***

You remembered everything.
So he was the boy you've almost forgotten.

'That boy... It's him... It's Eren.. Jaeger!'

So that's why he was so mischievous since a little while ago. He had never change. He was your bestfriend in your training days, he loved to trickening you, threatening you just for fun, he make pranks to the others with you. How stubborn of you, you're really almost forgot your bestfriend!

"Do you remember the days we spent when we are in the age of 12 to 15?" he cupped your cheeks and his turquoise ones focused on yours

"I'm so sorry Eren..."

"There's nothing to be sorry about, (Name). It's been 9 years then." he hugged you, brushing your (h/c) (h/l) hair "Look at you know," you look up as he wipe your tears by his thumb "My same temperament is no longer childish and a 1 year Squad Leader.. strong, smart, brave, and your kindness became more good! But still, your face didn't changed, it's just a little improvement.. Thankfully you didn't bury me in your mind entirely."

***One week ago***

Now you’re a member of a suicidal affiliation, Scouting Legion. The hope of humanity. But it doesn't matter.

"It is better for risking your life just to protect humans against titans. A real soldier protects humanity and they are prepared to die.  No matter what may come, remember this in your heart, and be ready to die to fulfill that duty." you mumbled as you look out in the window, watching the others training with their combat skills 

"(Name)?" you heard a female's voice coming from behind. As you turned where the voice coming from, someone hugged you tightly.

"Rico! I-- I can't breathe..!" you said as she broke the strong hug "What are you doing here?" you asked

"I'm here because I heard you're moved in Scouting Legion but it's okay. I'll visit you whenever I have no duties. I've really missed you (Name)!"

"Oh Rico!" you hugged her back "Anyway, where's my comrades?"

You followed Rico in the Garrison for visiting the squad barracks.. Your all comrades was there. Your comrades cried on you, apoligizing for what've they done, you also have forgive them.. But you were no longer to stay with them. Now everything is fine. No more anger left in your heart. You feel greatful today, sooo greatful...

***Flashback***

"I'll not treat you as my sister again. I'll treat you much more than that. I love you (Name)." he whispered while his face buried in your head

"What?" you asked ignorantly, but you actually heard that.

"Nothing, sis!"

"Tee-hee! You know, I still remember when you confessed to me in the graduation. I just forgot your name nor your face, you've got a such improvement though.."

"If you don’t mind, would you like to engage with me in a relationship?"

"What?!" you shrieked and your face turned red, you even more redder when you looked at his face

"Haha! You have mentioned so many 'whats' (Name)!"

***Back to current time***

'That Eren.. he really cleansed the hatred within my heart more and more... Furthermore, I am back for being a soldier but now in the Scouting Legion. I realize that I do not only protect my remaining family. I should protect the remaining humanity within these walls... and even these walls..'

Even you don't recognized his appearance of such improvement, but his eyes hadn't changed at all. Those are still bright and attractive.

"Once a man surrenders to their fear of Titans, they are no longer fit for battle. Those who've experienced that fear are free to leave. Furthermore, those of you who want your parents, siblings or loved ones to experience that fear for themselves may also leave!" you remembered Commander Pixis' speech when Eren was formed to seal a boulder for Wall Maria 9 years ago

"I won’t let it happen." you hissed as you stood up in the chair.. Now you have to prepare yourself, you've lost for five months without training! The incoming expedition is near!

End

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53M 1.3M 70
after a prank gone terribly wrong, hayden jones is sent across country to caldwell academy, a school for the bitchy, the dangerous and the rebellious...
3.9M 159K 69
Highest rank: #1 in Teen-Fiction and sci-fi romance, #1 mindreader, #2 humor Aaron's special power might just be the coolest- or scariest- thing ever...
192M 4.6M 100
[COMPLETE][EDITING] Ace Hernandez, the Mafia King, known as the Devil. Sofia Diaz, known as an angel. The two are arranged to be married, forced by...
90.5M 2.9M 134
He was so close, his breath hit my lips. His eyes darted from my eyes to my lips. I stared intently, awaiting his next move. His lips fell near my ea...