a chained heart

By ellpara

A fan fiction where Lawrence actually did come back for Adam More

1 | a kept promise
2 | safe
3 | friend-s h i p
4 | impulses
5 | moving in
6 | lust
7 | blood
8 | sunrise
9 | awkward love
10 | chili's and kisses
11 | good times and bad news
13 | swindler style
14 | double-crossed
15 | sleep
16 | chaos
17 | decisions
18 | change
19 | temporary happiness
20 | deceit
21 | goodbye

12 | drunk on plane-jet?

1.6K 55 82
By ellpara

Adam and Lawrence stood hand-in-hand for what felt like hours next to the isle that held Adam's first ever professionally displayed photo. Adam had never felt so proud of himself, and Lawrence could see it.

Every time someone shook Adam's hand and complimented his work, Lawrence couldn't help but smile at the kid's look of sheer gratitude. He wanted to brag from the rooftops, Hey! Look! That talented, handsome guy right there? Yeah, that's my boyfriend!

Despite the happiness that this new accomplishment brought the two of them, their legs were killing them, and Adam's brain was almost melting at the robotic maneuvers of shaking hands with someone then humbly accepting their compliments.

Over,

and over,

and over.

This was fun for about the first two hours, Adam thought.

Luckily there was food and refreshments as promised. A table behind them held cheese platters and fancy wine bottles.

Adam was working on his third glass of the evening and couldn't tell if it was making the social interaction more or less tolerable.

The sky outside was dark and the building slowly cleared as it neared closing time. There were a few stragglers left roaming around in the back of the gallery, but Adam was much more relaxed as all the attention was no longer on him.

So he thought.

The quiet atmosphere filled with nothing but the low murmurs from the back of the room was interrupted when the door came flinging open and in popped a loud, sporadic man. His hair was a mess and his breathing was heavy as he pointed at Adam and Lawrence with a smile.  "Ah—Adam and Lawrence! Just the gentlemen I was looking for." He was dripping with a british accent that said "hey, I'm kind of an asshole."

"Great," Adam thought to himself. "Someone who recognizes us from the news." Feeling overwhelmed and impatient, Adam raised his half-full wine glass and stuck his finger out at him. "And you are?"

"I'm Swindler. Zachary Swindler," the man finished off, sticking his hand out to Adam with a large grin on his face.

With one hand holding Lawrence's and the other holding his wine, Adam made no efforts to shake Zachary's hand. Instead, he brought the glass up to his mouth, speaking through his cup before taking a swig, "Yeah, you sure do look like a swindler to me."

Lawrence squeezed Adam's hand as if to shout at him "don't be rude."

Luckily, the annoying brit let out a boisterous laugh, taking no offense. "I like you already," he pointed at Adam. "You're a funny fella, aren't you?"

Adam put his glass down and eyed him suspiciously. Before he could say anything else stupid, Lawrence piped up. His voice was steady but Adam could tell that he was trying to not let annoyance seep through his words. "Look, we were actually about to close shop here, so if you came to look at the photo how abut you just—"

"Oh, no," Zachary declared, holding up his hands. "No, no, no. I didn't come for a photo. I came here for you two!" Zachary became suddenly distracted by Adam's photo that he'd just denied so harshly and Adam and Lawrence shared a perplexed look.

Zachary put his hand on his chin. "Now that you speak of it, that is a lovely picture." Looking back at Adam and Lawrence he smiled again, "Wait a minute. Are you two—?"

"Looking for a third party?" Adam interrupted rudely, not holding his wine very well. "No sorry, our relationship isn't open, unfortunately."

Zachary let out another bellowing laugh and turned red faced. Adam was getting annoyed that he wouldn't just take offense to everything he said like anyone else would. Maybe it's cause he's British? Adam thought to himself.

"You've got the the perfect television personality," Zachary beamed. "This is going to go wonderfully."

"Wait, what?." Adam deadpanned.

Lawrence let go of Adam's hand and walked closer to Zachary, putting on an intimidating front. "What exactly do you want with the two of us?"

Zachary's flashy personality recoiled. But only slightly. "Right, bloody hell. Silly me, always forgetting what I'm doing," he laughed nervously to himself, tapping his head. He took a breath and grew serious. "Right. How would you two feel—about doing a segment on my late night talk show?" he blurted out the last part quickly as if he could evade Adam and Lawrence.

Lawrence backed up to stand with Adam again and felt him grown tense by his side. They shared a weary look and Lawrence spoke for Adam. "What's in it for us? Will we get paid?"

Zachary laughed but in a frightened manner. "You see, that's where I have to be the bearer of bad news and—" Zachary stopped when Lawrence shot him a cold look that said get to the point. "Yes. But not a lot. I'd say five hundred at the most."

Adam rolled his eyes but Zachary held up his hands in defense. "But! That's because talk shows are designed to help rising celebrities—like myself" he touched his chest "—get exposure."

Silence.

"They're not really all about the guests, it's kind of a gimmick," Zachary admitted sheepishly.

"So let me get this straight," Adam was almost slurring. "You want us—to go on your stupid little show, so you can use us as pawns to gain more viewers?"

"Well when you put it that way it sounds bad." Zachary put his hands in his pockets and looked down at the floor.

"Yeah, no way." Adam grew angry. "C'mon Lawrence. Let's leave."

Adam didn't even make it a step before Zachary was standing in their way, practically begging them. "Wait!—Just think about it for a second. Granted it's not much, but your getting paid. And it's TV!"

Adam and Lawrence shared a look and then looked back at him angrily. "Can I speak to my boyfriend alone for a moment?" Lawrence asked rhetorically before dragging Adam to the back of the gallery.

"What do you think of this guy?" Lawrence whispered to Adam wearily.

Adam sipped his wine while staring at Zachary from across the room grumpily. "That he's a total tool and his penis is probably too small to function."

"I meant about the show," Lawrence grumbled impatiently.

"We could use the money," Adam hated to admit.

"Exactly," Lawrence was now eyeing Zachary with Adam. He was pacing around the photo completely oblivious to the stares he was receiving. Lawrence looked back at Adam gaining his attention. "I think we should do it."

"Really?" Adam whined.

"I barely make enough to cover rent and we don't have much food. With the money you make at the gallery combined with the extra from the show we could catch a little break for once," Lawrence pushed.

Adam sighed in defeat. "Fine. But I'm doing the talking here."

Oh great. Lawrence grew concerned as they walked up to Zachary. Adam sported a fake smile, but Zachary couldn't tell the difference and smiled back stupidly.

"We'll do it." Adam stated bluntly.

Zachary's mouth opened but before he could expel any bullshit Adam stopped him. "But!—I want my photo showcased at some point during the segment."

"Done and done!" Zachary agreed gladly.

Adam began to sip his wine some more as Zachary began to ramble. "Right, so the show's this Friday, and I know it's super last minute but all our expense are covered, courtesy of me," he blushed touching his chest. "Everything will be paid for: food, hotel, flight—"

"Woah, woah, woah," Adam stuck up his hand. "Did you just say flight?"

"Er, yeah—why?" Zachary was lost and confused.

"The show's not in New York? Where the hell is it?" Adam pressed before tilting his wine cup back.

"Why, California of course," Zachary answered as if it were obvious and him leaving this detail out didn't matter.

Adam spit out the wine he'd just drank back into his glass and set it down on the table behind him in fear that he would drop it and shatter it on the floor. "Excuse me, what?"

"Yeah, but like I said it's free, so—" Zachary stopped as he found Adam's facial expression was still shocked and he realized it wasn't the price that mattered. "Oh! You?—you didn't think that anyone really knew who you two were?" He pointed at the two of them.

"Bloody hell," Zachary exclaimed. "This whole Jigsaw thing?" he waved his arms around. "It's bigger than New York. People are saying that years from now he'll be the next generation's Charles Manson. And you guys fucking stopped him."

Adam and Lawrence couldn't believe what they were hearing. They were stunned in silence, so Zachary filled it for them.

"But, this hasn't changed your mind, right?" he asked desperately. "The flight?—I forgot to mention it's on a private jet, eh? Oh, and, the hotel? Five stars."

Adam could smell the stench of desperation wreaking off this man and found it as a perfect opportunity to wager. Trying to hide his smirk, he spoke. "Can we bring guests?"

Zachary calmed down as he realized the deal was still on. Then he creased his eyebrow, "Who?"

***

"To fame!" Ron and David drunkenly cheered as they clanked their freshly poured champagne glasses together, spilling a little in the process.

"Guys, guys—" Lawrence held up his hand. "We're not famous. It's just a stupid interview." Speaking those words while sitting on a private jet made Lawrence feel a little silly. The tan luxury leather on the couch he shared with Adam and the granite counter top that David and Ron sat at on the other end made Lawrence feel more famous than ever. Shaking his head, he cleared his stupid thoughts.

A very attractive woman in a tight black dress approached the couch and spoke gently while laying down a tray of drinks on the table in front of them. "Champagne, gentlemen?"

"Oh no," Lawrence shook his head politely, but Adam was already gripping at a glass. Lawrence gently tore it away and placed it back on the tray. "But I'm sure they would like some more," Lawrence motioned her towards a deeply conversing David and Ron.

"Suit yourselves," she shrugged seductively, picking up the tray and delivering it to the other two men.

"What the hell, man?" Adam gawked like a child at Lawrence.

"We can't afford to wake up with a hangover tomorrow morning. Tomorrow night is going to be big, and we have to focus."

"You're right, you're right." Adam whined.

A few minutes had passed by, and Adam and Lawrence's calm conversation was interrupted by hyena-like laughter coming from David and Ron.

Tears of laughter poured from Ron's face as David gripped at his arm, placing his forehead on the granite counter and trying to contain his cackling.

"Uh—do you think they've been over served?" Adam questioned Lawrence as he creased a brow at his two friends.

Lawrence watched them with amusement. "Oh no, no, no. The party has just started. Zachary!" Lawrence called out.

Zachary came out from a black curtain that separated them from his personal room. "Yes?"

"Could you get that nice woman who was serving drinks earlier to bring those two another round?" Lawrence asked mischievously, never taking his eyes off the two.

"Of course," Zachary obliged and disappeared back behind the curtain, completely oblivious to Lawrence's shenanigans.

"Hey, Lawrence! Adam!" Ron laughed while slurring. "He just—" he pointed at David choking on his laughter. "He just told me the funniest joke ever. Go ahead, tell them," he waved his hand weakly in their direction.

"Okay, okay," David put up his hands trying to contain himself. "Wait a minute—" he paused. "Shit, I forgot." His face was of disappointment, a small pout on his lips.

This sent the two of them into and even louder storm of noise. Their ribs threatened to crack as their stomachs rolled.

"Are you sure about that extra round of drinks?" Adam questioned Lawrence's judgement.

"Most definitely." Lawrence had never seen Ron so wild and open, especially around David. He wanted to take advantage of this.

Just in time, the woman wearing black was serving the two of them. Ron and David cheered mindlessly as they messily grabbed for the glasses.

Adam grabbed Lawrence's chin and turned him to face him instead of his drunk friends. "Hey, mind giving me some attention?" he pouted.

"You jealous?" Lawrence teased before leaning in to plant a warm, loving kiss on Adam's lips.  Just as their faces collided, they heard a high pitch squeal of excitement.

"Oh—my god!" Ron screeched.

Adam and Lawrence pulled apart to see the two of them staring.

"Are you guys dating yet?" Ron slurred through a giggle.

"We are, actually," Lawrence confirmed cooly.

"Oh," Ron placed his hand on his chest. Lawrence was expecting a boast show, but apparently he didn't know his best friend's sensitive-drunk side. "You guys make the perfect couple," Ron grew teary eyed.

Lawrence tried to pretend he was taking Ron seriously but a chuckle escaped his pursed lips. "Thanks man, it means a lot."

David placed a hand on Ron's shoulder and slurred, "Hey man, don't be sad. You'll find someone like that someday too."

"You really think so?" Ron's eyes lit up.

"Yeah," David nodded, struggling to keep his head straight.

If they weren't already hammered before, it was clear that they were now.

"Grab your popcorn Lawrence," Adam droned. "I think you're finally gonna get what you wanted." 

Seconds later, Ron and David's lips were collided. They didn't really move much—just drunkenly leaned into each other's faces as they struggled to sit up straight. They stayed stuck that way for a while, completely oblivious to Adam and Lawrence clapping and cheering jokingly.

"Wait wait," Lawrence tapped Adam. "Take a picture."

"Good idea," Adam laughed, pulling out his cell phone and taking a shot of the two.

When they finally pulled apart, Ron's eyes widened "Wow that was great." His words were almost impossible to understand at this point. "Lemme go grab somemore drinks—" he went to stand but collapsed on the floor immediately.

David was laughing uncontrollably as Ron groaned into the carpet.

"Okay, that's enough," Lawrence sighed as he decided his silly game was over. Standing up with Adam, the two of them helped Ron and David to the other couch across from theirs.  It was only minutes after they were placed there that they passed out, both of their heads leaning into each other's.

"Well that was entertaining," Adam scoffed as he watched them lightly snore.

"Your welcome," Lawrence smirked deviously.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.6K 397 16
YINWAR FAN FICTION War had a long-term boyfriend, but he ended up getting sick and died, and now he sees someone who looks like his long-term boyfrie...
159K 2.4K 44
pretty self explanatory :) ~~~~ ~ all recognized characters are not owned by me and their actions in this book do not represent how they would/do act...
7.5K 496 28
simple Alpha omega story..
1.9K 276 17
Simple alternate universe love story of malec.