- - :: Orion's Ode - ShraMan...

By orion623

Best Ranking: #29 in Short Story "A tender smile illuminated his face as a familiarity caused his eyes to mis... More

Prologue
II Elysium II
II Nope! You Can't....! II
II Alaahida - Apart II
II Fire II
II Embers Of Passion II

II Kissed II

939 74 76
By orion623

People!

How are we doing?

I'm back... With an interesting take on ShraMan at the wedding of their respective cousins. Its a lighter update than usual, the title suggests just that. I hope you guys enjoy it!

Here's presenting, "Kissed"...

It was Sangeet day and all the preparations were down to the T! The ball room looked like a fairy tale! Pushkar and Preeti looked like a dream. But there were two souls, the ones responsible for a marvellous set up today that got everyone talking. Shravan and Suman were a vision. The ease they carried themselves with. Anyone who saw them at work today either thought these two were already married or were set to! There was an aura about them that made everyone go mushy.

"Sumo, can I tell you something?" He asked fidgety. "You won't mind it, promise me.."

"Aren't we friends? Go ahead." She smiled graciously.

"I was saying.. Actually.. I..." He stammered looking towards the floor.

"Go on Shravan. I'm all ears." She encouraged him. She was curious to know what it was that was making him so edgy.

"You, umm. Today in this yellow saree.. You are.." His eyes admired the vision before him.

Suman's anticipation rose, "Me in a yellow saree what Shravan?"

"You resemble a field of maize in this yellow saree!" and he burst out laughing. Dramatically at that, holding his stomach and all of that.

"You freaking lamp-post! Field of maize! What do you think you resemble in this black pathani?" She fumed at his gall.

"Yeah at least a black-lamp post is better than an entire field of maize fatty!" He winked riling her further.

"Shravan Malhotra! You just watch." She said smug. Straightening her saree, "Everyone's eyes will be on me tonight. See how many trip over me."

"Ah well.." He contemplated rubbing his finger over his lips. "That would increase my work-load." Shravan retorted in a voice dripping with something similar to anger.

Suman looked on baffled. She couldn't understand how these two things were related. "What do you mean? What's your work-load got to do with that?"

He held Suman by the waist, pulled her to him as though he had all the authority to, brought his lips close to Suman's ears all the while peering into her eyes and said in a dangerously husky tone, "Anyone that so much as dares to look at you, would be beaten to a pulp. Then those people would file cases of physical assault on me. Might also file cases of attempt to murder. Then I would have to fight those cases. Increased work-load you see." He wriggled his eyebrows cutely.

Sumo was taken aback by his blatant declarations. Her eyes grew wide and her mouth curved into a perfect O. What was he doing? Thought she. His proximity was wrecking havoc in her senses. The look in his eyes was making her heart flutter and his breath on her ear was making her head spin.

"You - what.. Shra..van.. What do .. you mean?" She managed blinking profusely. She didn't know why she stammered so. "Why uh.. why do you care?" Her eyes sought answers in his deep orbs.

"Why do I care you ask?" He peered with a smirk forming on his handsome face.

"Hmmm..." She hummed nodding vigorously.

Shravan gently pulled her away and spoke in a hoarse whisper, "I care cause no one.." He dipped his timber further. "No one has the right to look at you that way other than me. And if anyone does dare to do so, their destruction is my responsibility Sumo..."

Suman subconsciously bit her lower lip hearing Shravan's words, the sheer intensity they held were enough to melt her.

Shravan made a sharp intake of breath, his eyes turned a hue darker and he gulped. "Sumo, please don't do that" He pulled her lip using the pad of his thumb, "When you do this, all my resolve fades away. I'm no saint Sumo. With you looking all so ravishing its already difficult, and you are pushing me off the edge. If I kiss you and a few people here die of shock it would be on you." He spoke fervently.

"But you said I looked like a field of maize. Now you're saying I look ravishing?" She pouted trying to make sense of his words and enamour.

"In everything that I said, that's all you caught. You crazy woman!" He explained smiling at her antics.

"But you said." She smacked his chest lightly. "You said I looked like a maize field and now you're saying something else. Why don't you stick to your words? You always... _ _ .."

"To hell with everyone!" He raised his hands in exasperation. He took her lips in his roughly. Suman was so shocked she couldn't move.

Shravan initiated the kiss, first slow simmering then harsh burning. They were oblivious of the people looking at them. Suman reciprocated making him sigh in the kiss.

It all seemed so perfect. All coherent thoughts left their minds. All that mattered was their moment of intimacy and the fireworks in their heads.

A few oldies fainted. A few others mouthed a silent prayer to heaven to make this generation a little less shameless. Kamini's eyes at first popped but then she smirked evilly, Bhaisahab you have had it. Mammiji's Haye Ram was followed by a massive fainting spell. Mausiji followed in tow. Dabbo closed his eyes. Nanaji had yet to reach the venue with the rest of the men of the house. Pushkar whistled clapping like a demented seal. Preeti was elated! Ramnath dropped all the gifts he was carrying, and a thundering "SHRAVAN" was heard, the ball room fell silent.

The two responsible for this hurricane were still oblivious. The cameramen had a field day. "SHRAVAN! Stop kissing her!" yelled Ramnath realising now that his war to break the two apart had been long lost.

Shravan broke the kiss, for air and looked around. What had happened here? Did he not notice a category 8 earthquake kissing Sumo. Hmmm. Wait! He kissed Sumo! Like a full blown kiss. He touched his lips, yes he kissed her. He looked at Suman, damn she looked delicious. Suman's eyes fluttered open, still intoxicated with the storm called Shravan. Headily she said, "You kissed me..?"

Shravan gave a 1000 watt smile! "I told you I'd do that"

"Shravan! In front of everyone!" Suman took in their surroundings. Shit! They were going to be gossip for a really long time and she was going to be thrown out of the house.

Shravan held her hand, "Sumo do you trust me?" Taking a breath he asked again, "Do you.. love me?"

"More than I trust myself." She smiled, "More than I love myself.."

Shravan couldn't contain his excitement. "People, Sorry for scandalising you guys. Kids these days!" He said tried to lighten the mood. "Papa knows about this, he's given his blessings. I mean not for the kiss! Oh God!" He laughed. "The kiss had only my hand in it.. No no, it had my mouth in it. Actually it had Sumo and my mouths both. I don't think we should talk about this any further. I'm making it worse."

Ramnath knew all was lost. Pushkar was delighted. Mammiji was gaining consciousness with the change of tide, she figured this fiasco could do her more good than harm.

"What was I saying?" He asked. "Oh yes! Suman and I are getting married!" Said Shravan beaming.

Pushkar and Preeti dashed to engulf their respective siblings in a bone crushing hug.

Congratulations were heard all around. Nannaji had heartily given his nod, he was yet to hear about the scandal.

Shravan wasn't done with his announcements, "One more thing, Sumo and I are performing a romantic sensual number, weak hearted ones be forewarned!" He winked. Suman punched him in the gut, and laughter was heard all around.

The ball room was hit by another storm. But two lovebirds couldn't care less. They were finally together, shocked souls be damned!

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

So! That's it for this one.

What do you guys think of it?

Do let me know, as always, I love hearing from you guys!

Cheers!

Zoya!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 215 31
I'll upload some cute and fluffy abhisha oneshots stories as they are my favourite... A1 SINCE DAY1 STAY TUNED ๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿงก๐Ÿงก
8.8K 227 6
This Is my first Short Story.. its my fantasy Story.. which will describe a true relationship.. which made by destiny.. read and enjoy #AngelAshu
19.1K 1K 10
Shravan and Suman met when they were children and grew up to be good friends, until they entered high school things changed . In their last teenage y...
5.8K 294 7
Swara sanskar a short story on swasan. A not so simple story on simple plot. She loved him with heart and soul but he was never in it He loved her wi...