No. 1 Party Anthem || Ashton...

By duIcedeIeche

A song brings two strangers together. More

No. 1 Party Anthem || Ashton Irwin
Christmas Eve
Christmas Morning
Acquaintances
Wedding Day
No. 1 Party Anthem
No. 1 Party Anthem Part 2
New Years
I Can Make Eggs...?
Sarah
Xander
Hurt
Next Morning
Our Song
Lies & Pools
Awkward Shower
End Up Here
Malibu to Mykonos
Brunch
Home
The Studio
Arguments & Coffee
Double Dates
Legal Documents
It's Not Like I'm Falling In Love
A Random Message
College
Relaxing
NYC
Antics
News To Luke
Dick
They'll Come Around
Luke Apologizes
Sulking & A Slip-Up
Again
Letter One
Letter Two
Homecoming
Homecoming 2
Goodbye's & Gifts
Orientation
Calls & Coffee
The Concert
Letter Three
Letter Four & School
Arrival & Birthday
Yellow
Dresses
Lunch
Letter Five & Six
Psychopath
Dick & Dinner
I Always Knew
If You Don't Know
Birthday
The Vaccines
Thanksgiving
Before The Moment's Gone
Thank you's

Friends & Frats

10.8K 333 243
By duIcedeIeche

jet: pi kappa alpha is throwing a stoplight party at 8 see you then pretty girl!

Talia: pi kappa alpha? like a fraternity?

jet: yup, one of the biggest fraternity's of NYU. they go by pike for short. what's your address before i forget to ask
Talia: okay...uh 85 mercer street room 2R
jet: great!

A frat party? Suddenly I wasn't feeling too happy or excited about making friends anymore. My mind was congested with all of the negative things I had ever heard about frat boys and the parties they threw. I could fake sick. Or fake a family emergency. But that too similar to the Malibu Talia that I was trying to leave behind. 7:30 marked and I was feeling too much too sick to my stomach to sit and eat a meal so I forced myself to change into the outfit I would wear tonight. Did I have enough time to buy a chastity belt? My skinny jeans should be tight enough to ward off evil.

I refreshed my makeup, giving it a more dramatic look for the night. I decided on a white low-cut silk tank to go with the jeans and my black ankle boots. I did feel slightly over dressed for a frat party, but I did have to say that the necklace Ashton bought me looked really great with this outfit.

My phone buzzed with an incoming text from Ashton, who set his text tone vibration as the 'rapid' vibration because he said his texts were important enough to get that vibration.

ashton: i'm about to go on stage. i can't wait to see you, babe. i love you so soso so so so much. please think about me if you touch yourself tonight.
talia: i will make sure to do that. i love you. have a great show!

Jet and Noelle were already knocking on the door before I had a chance to hit send on the text to Ashton.

"Are you ready to go?" Jet straightened out her black and red shirt.

"I believe so." I shoved my phone in the pocket of my jeans, strongly cursing whoever made women's jeans with such shitty pockets.

-

It was a little past eight o'clock and the frat house's yard was already covered with acres of cliche red party cups and a few drunken passed out bodies. The bass from the music, sending vibrations throughout my body. Streamers hung from bushes and were wrapped around the beams on the front porch, if it weren't for the music, cups and bodies this would look like a kid's birthday party.

"I can't believe people are already drunk." Noelle hooked her arm in mine as we walked.

"Drunk? More like roofied." Jet corrected. My mind didn't congest with the thought of drugs. I had to be extra careful about my drinks tonight.

"Hello pretty ladies, I'm Joe." The first thing we were met with when we entered the house was this Joe guy standing behind a table full of glow sticks. Joe had on plaid shorts and white shirt that said "Nike" in bold black letters. His whole outfit just screamed douche bag. "Pick your designated colored glow stick, slap the bad boy on your wrist and enjoy the party, ladies."

"I've never been to one of these parties before. What do the colors mean?" Noelle scratched her head before twirling her hair around her finger in a flirtatious state.

I hesitantly picked up a red glow stick, securing it on my wrist. The glowing of the red signed I couldn't turn back now. Jet picked a green glow stick while Noelle was still confused about this ordeal.

"Green means single, yellow means it's complicated, and red means you're taken." Joe announced. "It's a shame you're taken. You're beautiful." He turned to me, leaving Noelle's terrible attempt of flirting. "Who's the loser who has you? I bet he's hideous. He's probably a drag to be around, too."

"Someone who doesn't wear plaid shorts and doesn't need to trash other dudes in order to feel better about himself." I smiled at him, walking off with my new friends just as Noelle picked up a green glow stick.

"I never would've guessed that you could be so sassy!" Noelle slapped my arm.

"Aren't the Greeks temperamental?" Jet asked, choosing to fill us each a cup of beer from a keg.

"Isn't that the Italians?" I took a sip of the beer, it wasn't too bad. I think we had all drank better things than cheap booze a few college boys could buy.

"Booger?" Cue the obligatory eye roll that happened when Dick was near.

"Talia, who's the cutie?" Noelle clung to my side again and Jet snorted. Noelle might be on the hunt for a one night stand. Whoever ended up with her tonight, I hoped they didn't pay much attention to the things she said, that would be the ticket out of Noelle-ville for them.

"I don't know?" I shrugged. "Lets dance!"

I pushed Jet and Noelle to the living room where a live DJ was supplying the party with tunes along with seizure-inducing strobe lights. The three of us were clearly wearing too much clothing as I observed the other girls here. Skimpy skirts and crop tops were a huge theme here, it was a sight straight out of a 90s teen movie. The DJ began playing what I recognized Life of The Party by The Weeknd. Good choice of music, other than the fact that I was being trampled by girls drunk off their asses to go to the dance floor and grind on a stranger for the night. The song was a raunchy tune perfect for them.

I eased my body into the music, swaying my hips to the beat. Noelle walked off and found her self a potential victim for the night and was dancing him.

"Don't be scared of me now." Jet giggled at my habit of keeping distance and pulled me closer to her. She placed my hands on her shoulders as we continued to dance. She had one hand on my hip, pulling me closer each time I managed to put even the slightest of space between us.

"Watch it, dip shit." Jet splashed her remaining contents of beer at a guy that accidentally ran into us and threw the cup of the floor.

"Hey, hey, hey what's going on here?" Dick intervened and I noticed his right wrist full of green glow sticks. Didn't the sign at the table say to only take one? Someone was still single after all this time and very much desperate to change that.

"We were just dancing." I sighed.

"Right." Dick smiled back, patting the beer-covered guy on the back.

"I'm gonna find a bathroom." Jet interrupted the awkward fest, walking away after I gave her a nod.

I sauntered over to the kitchen, taking a seat at the breakfast bar and treating myself to a nice shot of Patron. And then another just for the hell of it. And another because I needed it. And another for Ashton. And one more fo-

"Slow down there." Dick chuckled, sitting next to me.

"What?" I looked at him with glossy eyes after downing the shot.

"Nothing." He shook his head, his eyes drawing to the red glow stick on my wrist.

"Single as ever, I see." I pointed to his arm to get the attention off mine.

"Yeah." He shook his arm, bringing the array of green down. "Haven't been feeling the need to be in a relationship as of lately."

I began pouring myself another shot as this was the only way I'd survive the rest of this party, let alone a conversation with Dick.

"I like when your pupils dilate and your eyes gets glossy and you give this wide-eyed expression when you drink. Your face also pales just a shade down from your natural color..." Dick brought the red solo cup up to his lips, taking a swig of beer. "It's always made you look more innocent than you actually are."

I had the urge to puke up Patron on this guy as he gave me a smirk.

"How's your mom?" Bringing up mom's at a frat party was totally appropriate...

"She's, uh, doing well." He was caught off guard by the question by the looks of his confused expression and stammer of his words.

"Your dad?"

"My parents separated...around Christmas time actually."

"Oh." Dick's parents were probably more in love than my parents were. "I'm sorry. What happened? If I may ask."

"It's cool. They were just fighting a lot and decided to take a break from each other."

"That sucks..." I finally came around to gulping the shot I had poured. "If you need anything...like a friend, a shoulder to lean on, I'm here for you." Okay, that last shot was my limit, seeing as I was here offering my shoulder for Dick's tears.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

155 0 20
No description. Read to find out...
109K 2.9K 19
[ DISCONTINUED ] ❝Maybe the friendship they have was suppose to be something more?❞ © -mmxii