Behind One Door (A Mindless B...

Par kissofdesire

After a rough break up at the end of senior year, Kiara Johnson is starting afresh as a freshman in a college... Plus

Behind One Door (Mindless Story)
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 21 (Part Two)

Chapter 20

4.9K 107 13
Par kissofdesire

Hi...

_________________________________________________________________________

(Kiara's POV)

"What are we going to do?" Trey asked me.

I brought out my phone and texted Jacob's number.

Kiara: Hey, Jake can you please do me a favor?

Jacob: What is it?

Kiara: Our opposing team is cheating, and I want you to expose them.

Jacob: Why me, though? You can asked Ciara...:/

Kiara: Because you are the only person there. Now, do it!

Jacob: Alright! How will I do it?

Kiara: You have to go up to the announcer, and tell them that you think that the other team is cheating.

Jacob: What if they deny it?

Kiara: Prove them wrong.

Jacob: Okay.

I looked at Trey. "What did he say?" He asked me.

"You will see what he does." I said. We took some snacks and ate it during our break.

"And that's the end of our break!" The announcer said. I groaned. If this plan doesn't work out, we are toast!

I crossed my fingers and took a deep breath in and out.

"Okay, players get settled, because we are starting the second round," The announcer said.

"First question. Peter wants to get $200,000 for his house. An agent charges 20% of the selling price for selling the house for Peter.

a) What should be the selling price?

b) What will be the agent's commission?"

I knew the answers instantly, so I buzzed the buzzer.

"Blue team!"

"Let x be the selling price: x - 20%

x = 200,000

a) Solve for x to find x = $250,000

For part B, 20% *250,000 = $50,000

Let x be the salary before the increase. Therefore, x + 15% x = $45,000." I said.

"Correct!"

I looked over to the other team, and saw that the were adjusting their earpieces. They are really bad at keeping secrets, because I can already tell that they are cheating.

"Next question is worth two points because this is a bonus question. The question is, for what value of the constant K does the system of equations 2x - y = 4 and 6x - 3y = 3K have an infinite number of solutions?"

Everyone worked out the question. The other team buzzed their buzzer. It wasn't even one second, and they had buzzed their buzzer.

"For the system of equations

2x - y = 4 and 6x - 3y = 3K to have an infinite number of solutions, the two equations must be equivalent.

If we multiply all terms of the first equation by 3, we obtain 6x - 3y = 12. For the two equations to be equivalent you must have 12 = 3K which when solved gives K = 4." A boy from that other team answered.

"Correct!" The announcer said.

"I can't take this anymore," Trey said. "When is Jacob going to expose them?" He asked me.

"I really don't know."

I looked up, and saw that Jacob had gotten up from his seat, and was walking towards the announcer.

(Jacob's POV)

It wasn't fair that Trey's team was losing because the other team was cheating.

They had won two extra points because they won the bonus question.

I got up, and made my way towards the announcer. Everyone was staring at me. I was shy at first, what if the other team proves me wrong?

I finally reached the announcer. "Excuse me, everyone," The announcer said as he covered the microphone and turned to me.

"And you are...?"

"Jacob Perez. I think the purple team is cheating." I told the announcer.

"What? You have no proof."

"Yes, I do. Come with me."

"Wait," He told me. He went over to the microphone, and told the audience, "Someone here claims that the purple team is cheating. We shall investigate this case." He told the surprised crowd.

The purple team's teacher, quickly came up on stage. "What is going on here?" He asked.

"Your team," I said as I pointed at the teacher, "Is cheating." Jacob said.

"What? You have no proof."

Why does everyone keep saying that. Just let me show the dang proof.

"Yes, I do! Now come over here."

We walked over to the purple teams podium. "Check their ears." I told the announcer.

(Ciara's POV)

I had entered the auditorium after Jacob had gotten up to go to the announcer.

I wonder why he went up. The announcer then said that there was a case of cheating going on.

"I know, Kiara's team ain't cheating." I mumbled to myself.

"Mommy, whats going on?" Raine asked me. I totally forgot about her.

"The announcer claims that a team is cheating.

"Which team?"

"I'm not sure, baby."

"Oh..."

I looked up and saw that they had gone over to the purple teams side. Before they went over to the teams podium, I saw that they had removed these black devices from their ears, and put it in their shoes.

Ha, they think they are slick.

"Check their ears." Jacob said.

"Their ears? I don't think that is appropriate." The purple team's teacher said.

"It is if a team is cheating." The announcer said. They checked their ears and found nothing. Jacob looked at Kiara and Trey with a pissed off face.

"But, they were cheating! I saw them with these little black devices in their ears!" Jacob said.

"They aren't there anymore...so I guess we can continue the game." Said the announcer.

"Wait!" I interrupted.

"Another person?" The announcer asked.

"Check their shoes." I said, ignoring his question.

"Okay. But-"

"Did you just say 'their shoes?'" The purple team's teacher asked.

"Yes, I did. Now, please check them," I said again.

"We have to do, what we have to do," The announcer said. "Purple team, can you guys please take off your shoes?" The announce asked.

They did as they were told, and the devices fell out of their shoes.

"Are these ear devices?" The announcer asked.

"No..." The teacher said.

"Who gave these to you?" The announcer asked the purple team.

"Our teacher." Said one of the team members. "He would tell us the answer from the microphone he had inside of his suit." She continued.

"Damnit! Shut up!" The teacher said. The crowd gasped.

"I guess we have our winners. Purple team, you guys are disqualified," Said the announcer. "And the winners of our mathathon is JusticeLove College!" The announcer continued.

(Kiara's POV)

Yes! We won! Trey grabbed me by my waist, and pulled me close and gave me a kiss on the lips.

"Your a genius." Trey said while kissing me.

"I know that. Let's go to Ciara and Jacob." I told him, while pulling away from Trey.

We got off our podium, and walked over to Ciara and Jacob. "You guys are the best!" I said.

"I thought I was doomed at first," Jacob said. "But thanks to Ciara, everything went out great."

"Yes, thanks Ciara." I said. Our math teacher walked up to us.

"Trey and Kiara, your friends were a great help. Thanks for exposing them." He said.

"It was no problem. They didn't deserve to win, if they were cheating." Ciara said.

Our teacher smiled and walked away. "Okay, Kiara I have something at our dorm I want to show you. Come with me." Ciara told me.

"Can we come?" Jacob asked.

"No, it's really personal."

"Okay."

We walked away. We reached our dorm and instantly, Ciara started talking.

"So during the break, I went upstairs to enter the room, and it was unlocked. During my first attempt, I was caught, by this man that looked like Trey. He said not to go in, so I didn't. Then-" I cut he off.

"What do you mean you didn't go inside the room?"

"Would you let me finish? So when he left, I went inside the room. It looked like a regular dorm room but even bigger and it looked like it was set up for a date or something." She finished.

"A date?"

"Yeah, a date."

"That's really weird. I wonder what it is used for." I said. "I'm really tired, so I'm going to go to sleep." I said.

"Okay." Ciara replied. I walked to my bed, and fell into a deep sleep.

______________________________________________________________________________

eh. Didn't like this chapter at all. I'm ending this book soon and no sequel. Boohoo. Oh well. Anyways, thanks for the people from instagram who read my books!

Love all of y'all!

5+ votes and 3+ comments for the next chapter.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

177K 15.7K 30
"သူက သူစိမ်းမှ မဟုတ်တာ..." "..............." "အဟင်း..ငယ်သူငယ်ချင်းလို့ပြောရမလား..အတန်းတူတက်ခဲ့ဖူးတဲ့ အတန်းဖော်လို့ ပြောရမလား...ဒါမှမဟုတ်..ရန်သူတွေလို...
191K 6.9K 13
2 tom dylogii ,,Agony"
39.4K 848 21
'I always loved but nobody loved me back so fuck a love :
268K 40.4K 103
ပြန်သူမရှိတော့ဘူးဆိုလို့ ယူပြန်လိုက်ပြီ ဟီးဟီး ဖတ်ပေးကြပါဦး