Calm Waters Dont Last

By That_Art_Lad

A really Angsty Sincerely Three one shot. I suck at descriptions/summary's. Evan and Connor were fine floatin... More

A/N
Calm
eye before the storm
The storm
calm waves
Visit
Disconnection
Dark waves
Drain
Rain
Rain?

A fight

101 3 0
By That_Art_Lad

A few weeks passed and Connor really hated going to class nowadays and so did Evan, it wasn't really the same without their short loud lover and the teachers didn't really explain his situation the best way and now rumors are starting. Connor didn't really didn't like getting involved with gossip unless it included his boyfriends and he wanted to shout at anyone who got anything wrong or criticized Jared for "faking" god people make Connor want to strangle someone. He lazily got up and got ready for class when his phone rang, he was going to ignore it but it was Zoe and she normally texts him u less its important. Connor huffed and grabbed the phone pressing answer and put the phone to his ear as he pulled his jeans onto his long lanky legs. "What's up Zoe?" "We got a problem." She sounded urgent and nervous and a thought occurred to Connor. "What is it? Is it about Jared?! Did he get worse?" "What? No, no! He's fine last time I checked for as fine as he gets... But that's not the point!" She stressed. Connor rolled his eyes and pulled the phone away as he tugged a shirt on and put the phone back to his ear. "Then I don't care." "What do you mean you don't care?! I haven't even told you yet!" "Zoe, I don't care. If this isn't about Jared's health then its not important." Zoe sighed on the other line. "Our parents are coming." Connor who was about to grab some things and stuff them in his bag froze. He muttered some curses and groaned loudly. "Oh hell no, no I can't- Zoe! I can't deal with them while- while Jared sick!" Zoe muttered something that sounded like French curses and then spoke up. "Yes I know, I know, I tried telling them that we should reschedule our family meet up and that right now is a very tense time for you and they shrugged it off thinking you just were trying ignore this! I'm so sorry but they're gonna come and they want Evan and Jared there and I excused him and things might be a little... Tense and awkward since I didn't give them a reason on why he won't be there." Connor wanted to slam his head against a wall and groaned. "Oh god, fine I'll ask Evan to go. But I am leaving if they talk shit about my relationship or my boyfriends." And with that he hung up and grabbed his stuff and left his dorm. If he had any chance of saving the day he would have to move quick and get some coffee.

>>>

Connor and Evan anxiously waited outside the restaurant they were supposed to meet up with Connor's parents and Zoe and Alana. The girls were off to retrieve the siblings parents from the airport, Connor really didn't want to do this, Zoe didn't want to do this Evan was having a mini panic attack and Alana was the peace maker honestly. Connor ran a hand through his long dark hair and paced back and fourth, while Evan fidgeted with his hands. "Hey, C-Con..?" He asked and Connor stopped for a moment. "Yeah Ev?" "H-hey at least your parents a-are trying right? Th-they might not get wh-when a bad time i-is a bad time... But their trying to sp-spend time with th-their kids.." Connor softened and walked over to Evan. "Yeah I guess your right, have you talked to your mom lately?" Connor always felt selfish talking bad about his parents when Evan didn't have the greatest relationship with his mom and his dad wasn't in the picture. "Yeah, we've b-been doing great, I was just saying..." Evan bit his lip anxiously. "And th-the fact that... Well Jared's parents v-visited him.." Connor instantly tensed, Jared parents was not an okay subject for the boys because of how terrible his dad was.
His dad was horrible, his mother really didn't do much about it but she wanted to but she lived fear of her husband and just tried to help out her kids. Jared dad was abusive and wasn't exactly around and one day his mother got enough of him and kicked him out. Jared never liked talking about him and Evan and Connor totally understood why, it must've been a hard topic for Jared who went through with it. "How did it go?" Connor knew the answer, it was most likely a huge disaster. Evan bit his lip and ran a hand through his hair, not a good sign.

"His mom was really sad at what happened and Jared was happy to see her but sadly his father ruined it, he came in and Jared had a panic attack and started crying and he had another... Episode... and the doctors had to physically take his dad away and ban him and his mom tried to calm him." Connor winced at the thought of another episode. "Was it him just crying and seizing or full on... Throwing up blood and passing out abruptly like he just... Flatlined?"
"Crying and seizing then he passed out abruptly scaring his mom." Connor sighed and shakily running his fingers through his hair. "Yeah, okay I'm going to try and work with this, and be brave and... Talk with my parents, there not the best but I could be gotten worse..." Evan nodded and fiddled with one of Jared bracelets on his arm, another habit he picked up while Jared was in the hospital.

Soon Alana and Zoe arrived with Cynthia and Larry, Evan did some breathing exercises to prepare himself while Connor counted to ten slowly and made sure to remain calm. The group walked up to the duo and greeted them happily and a bit dully thanks to Larry, and they all walked inside to get a table. They went to Applebee's and sat in a round booth, looking at their menus. The Murphy parents sat next to each other in the middle, Alana on Larry's side and then Evan and on the other side next to Cynthia was Zoe then Connor. Things were going fine they all ordered their drinks and awkward silence fell upon them. That is until Larry cleared his throat, getting the attention of the table. "So, how's college going for you guys?" He tried to start some small talk, and it worked.. Kinda.

"Me and Alana got all AP classes! Well I got some IB but its been fun, we study together a lot and practice our instruments of choice on the weekends or whenever were free." Zoe said happily and Alana snorted. "More like your girlfriend is your tutor!" Zoe faked offence and Cynthia grinned and Larry nodded. "That's nice, what about you Connor? And you too Evan?" Connor sighed, staring down at the table. "Things are... Okay with college, tons of homework." Connor replied half-assed, he just wanted to eat and get this over with. Evan looked up to meet Mr. Murphy's eyes and gave an awkward shrug. "Nothing r-really exciting r-really happens anymore and I k-kinda wish this year could be ov-over..." Evan did want the year to be over with so during the summer he could spend every waking minute by Connor and Jared's sides in the hospital, and school was draining without all the jokes and happy attitude that Jared carried. Speaking of the other boy, "And how's Jared doing?" Larry asked a bit too sarcastically, causing Connor and Evan to tense a bit. "Jared is doing.. Better.." Connor half lied, half told the truth, his health was increasing but he wasn't in the greatest condition.

"If you don't mind me asking Honey, but where is Jared?" Cynthia asked nicely. Zoe looked at her menu awkwardly while Alana turned to Evan who was fidgeting. "He's not feeling well mom." Connor said, his tone sharp. Cynthia nodded while Larry didn't find the answer good enough. "Not feeling well? That's all? He missed this because he's not feeling alright? If it were me I would have showed up anyway." He scoffed and Connor clenched his fist under the table. "What's that supposed to mean, dad?" Connor spat.
"I'm just saying he's yours and Evan's... Boyfriend right?" Larry and Cynthia were still wrapping their heads around poly and trying to understand their sons relationship. "Then if he wanted to have a good impression or actually meet your parents then he should've shown up!" Tension slowly started to creep up in the air as Connor got more irritated with his dad. "Well he wants to meet you guys but he can't at the moment, Okay? Just leave it alone." Connor growled and Larry glared at his son. "No, Connor c'mon, sure I don't understand your relationship but I will not let you date someone irresponsible!" "J-Jared is-isnt really irresponsible, h-hes just sick... Mr. Murphy.." Evan tried to add but he stopped trying when he saw the glares Connor and Larry were throwing at each other, this was over and the night was going to end horrible.

Cynthia tried to calm Larry down but it wasn't working, and Zoe put a hand on Connor shoulder. "Evans right dad, I've met Jared and sometimes he's lazy but he's not irresponsible and he really wanted to be here." Zoe tried and Larry stared at her. "Then he should've shown up!" Connor was getting angrier every second Larry spoke. "He couldn't dad!" Connor countered back. "Why not?! He should've gotten up and shown up, but since he didn't he's not a good boyfriend for you or Evan!"

That's did it.
Larry set off the firework,
He lit the match.
He set off a chain reaction that caused a dark swirling storm to splash out against a shoreline.

Connor stood up and slammed his fist on the table startling everyone. "Don't, you dare say that about him!!" Connor growled. "He is not a bad boyfriend and if you were a good dad you would have listened when we said, don't come! Because everything is not fine! Jared can't be here because he's in the hospital!" Connor seethed, he was like a firecracker sizzling with anger. Cynthia gasped and Larry looked surprised. "Wh.. Why didn't you tell us?" Larry tried. "Oh I don't know! How do you tell your parents who not close too, that won't understand that your boyfriend is sick with a sickness that no one knows about and is getting worse by the minuet and could possible die!" Connor voice started cracking but he wasn't done. "It really isn't that easy to talk about when you've been trying to stay happy for him for weeks while he can't even keep food down and its the most terrifying thing when he has an episode right in front of you!" Connor didn't notice that he as crying until Evan grabbed his hand. "Fuck, I can't do this, don't talk to me dad until you come up with a apology to me, Evan and definitely Jared." He let go of Evans hand got out the booth and marched out the restaurant glaring daggers at anyone who tried to approach him.
The table was quiet while Larry and Cynthia tried to process what just happened and then Evan sighed gaining the attention of the table. "Sorry, things h-havent been the greatest s-since Jared got admitted t-to the hospital... But Connors right, you guys should've not come and if you were gonna come anyways you should've asked why he didn't want you here." Evan shook his head disapprovingly at the parents and slid out the booth. "You should wait for him to calm down then come up with a good apology." Evan then walked away going after Connor, leaving the table in shock.

Evan ran after Connor once he spotted him walking down the street near the restaurant. "H-hey!" Evan walked by his side and smiled nervously up at him and Connor tensed and turned to him and then slowly relaxed. "Oh, hey.. Ev.." "Were y-you going?" "Hospital." Evan nodded, Jared helped them calm down and likes to listen to their problems, he hated being in the hospital, nothing happened while his lovers were at school. It was cold and dark out so the boys walked close together, the walk would be around 10 minuets that god for Applebee's being close to the hospital. Connor was angry but he tried to calm himself as the cold wind whipped at him again, he kept thinking of his fight. "You think I got mad for no reason..?" Connor asked worriedly. Evan thought for a moment, thinking back to the fight as well.
"Nah, you weren't in the wrong. I mean Zoe did tell them that timing was bad, they didn't listen." Connor sighed, that was enough for him. The crossed the cross walk and continued on their way to the hospital in comfortable silence.

(Late night poosssstts)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83.4K 3.1K 24
CW; suicide attempt, homophobia, homophobic slurs, depression, anxiety, etc. This is basically just a super cheesy and mushy fanfic involving Connor...
94.5K 3.8K 28
"If we survive this, I'll give you a life worth living, even if I can't give myself that." Evan Hansen? Anxiety disorder. Never really thinks about...
33.2K 747 24
You and Connor hate each other. Basic and simple so you try to ignore each other. What happens when life makes that impossible. yea I suck at descrip...
104K 2.3K 25
For those who are fans of the musical 'Dear Evan Hansen' and also has a crush on one of the charcters Connor Murphy and wanna read a fanfic between y...