[1] YOU FOUND ME ( gilbert bl...

By sameezyy

❝AS LONG AS YOU'RE WITH ME NOBODY CAN HURT YOU❞ in which a young girl with a unspeaka... More

ACT ONE ▹
01 | AVONLEA
02 | MEETING ANNE
03 | NEW SCHOOL
04 | DUMB BLONDE
05 | NEARLY KILLED
06 | THE SPELLING BEE
07 | FORBIDDEN
08 | DON'T GET TOO CLOSE
09 | STANDING UP
10 | DRUNK PROBLEMS
11 | BACK TO YOU
12 | HORRIBLE MEMORIES
13 | WAKING UP
14 | BROKEN HEARTS
15 | YOU FOUND ME
16 | BYE, BYE, BILLY
17 | ANOTHER FAMILY
18 | GOODBYE, AVONLEA
ACT TWO ▹
19 | TAKING RISKS
20 | THE PARTY
21 | YOU'RE MY FAMILY
22 | DON'T LEAVE ME
23 | I HAVE A BAD IDEA
24 | THE BRITISH BOY
25 | ONE WAY TICKET TO HOME
26 | BACK TO YOU
27 | PROMISE
28 | AN INVITATION
AN | 100k!!
30 | THE ROYAL BALL: PART ONE
31 | THE ROYAL BALL: PART TWO
SEQUEL!

29 | RETURN TO THE MANOR

13.3K 378 259
By sameezyy

29 | RETURN TO THE MANOR

AS THE CARRIAGE PULLED up to the large manor, memories flooded back into my mind like a river. It seemed like only yesterday when Thomas, Charlie, Andrew, and I were fooling around in the corridor and getting yelled at by the maids. Only yesterday when we had planned to escape this lifestyle and go back to reality. To be back here without the three of them...it seemed so strange.

Gilbert griped by hand tightly in his as the carriage came to a halt. He must have sensed how scared I was—I seemed to be shaking.

"Hey," Gilbert said, looking into my eyes. "It will be okay. I promise. I'm right here with you."

I nodded slightly, turning my head to face the grand staircase that lead up to the front door of the manor. As I did so, I spotted two figures walking down the stairwell with their hands folded neatly together. My parents had not changed at all—not that I had expected them to.

As the butler opened the carriage doors, I took a handful of my gown and pulled it up, trying my best not to step on it and fall. As I successfully stepped out of the carriage, I met eyes with my mother and father, who's expressions shared happiness and sympathy.

"Samantha," my mother's voice rang. "It is such a pleasure that you decided to join us—with your friends as well, I see."

I turned around and met eyes with my three friends, who shifted awkwardly behind me due to the uncomfortable atmosphere. I couldn't blame them, though. Certainly nobody in their right mind would be used to coming into a royal lifestyle on such short notice.

"Mother, father," I spoke, ushering them to the three behind me. "This is Anne Shirley-Cuthbert, Diana Barry, and Gilbert Blythe."

My parents eyes shifted to Gilbert as they noticed our intertwined fingers. I decided to let out a small cough, signaling that we should be heading inside.

"Right," my father said, looking Gilbert up and down one last time. "Well, welcome to our manor. Julia here will be showing you to your rooms and get you fitted for the ball. If you need anything, let her or one of the other assistants know."

The three of my friends nodded, and Diana let it a small squeal of joy. We then followed my parents the large staircase, entering the manor.

Julia, one of my mothers assistants, then shuffled quickly up to us, "Hello, dears. I'm Julia, and I will be showing you to your rooms. Follow me now, pip-pip."

Anne turned to me and smiled, "My, my, Samantha. This house is outstandingly breathtaking!"

I gave Anne a small smile as she admired every inch of the manor, along with Diana—who tried to keep her cool while walking past the ballroom.

"So, you lived here?" Gilbert asked me, glancing around the long hallway decorated with paintings.

"For two years," I answered, tucking a stray piece of hair behind my ears. "It was a lot to take in at first, but I got used to the routine over time."

"Wow," Gilbert said, placing his hands in his pockets. "If I were you, I don't think I would ever leave."

"Oh, trust me," I said, turning to him. "After a while, this life can get quite boring. You have to live up to so many expectations that people set for you. Sometimes, you just want to let loose and be a kid."

"Good point," said Gilbert, slightly smiling.

After about five minutes of walking, we were stopped by Julia, "Right, here we are then. Samantha, this is your room, as you already know. As for the three of you, you can follow me to the guest rooms just down the hall."

I turned to my three friends and have them a slight wave, along with a small wink towards Gilbert, and walked into my chambers. The fresh lavender smell sent many memories back into my mind. I walked around my old room, admiring the white curtains that draped over the window. I then looked around my room, remembering little moments that stirred up in my mind from when I was last here.

I took a deep breath and sighed, running a hand through my hair. I really did miss those boys...especially Thomas. I would give anything in the world to see them again, if only for just one night.

I was then startled by the sudden bang of my doors opening, followed by a rack of dresses and my stylist/maid, Henrietta.

"Henrietta!" I exclaimed, beaming. "It's so good to see you again!"

"Indeed it is," said Henrietta, smiling and wrapping me into a hug. "My, my, have you grown into a young woman!"

"It's only been a month," I replied, feeling my cheeks heat up as Henrietta took off several dresses and hung them up separately.

"Oh, shush," she replied. "So, we have quite a few options for tonight. As you know, this is a very important night for your family and they want you dressed with elegance."

"These are beautiful," I said, my eyes widening as I admired the dresses standing before me. They were all different colors, each one of them more extravagant than the last.

Finally, I stopped before a beautiful white dress that ran off the shoulder and draped down to the floor. It was laced with gold and the designs ran smoothly all the way down the arms. The dress itself seemed as though it came from a fairytale.

"This is the one," I said, holding it up. "This is the dress I'm going to wear."

"As you wish, dear," said Henrietta as she took the dress and supported it while carefully hanging it near my closet. "Why don't you go ahead and take your bath while I summon the hairdresser and makeup artist."

"Hairdresser and makeup artist?" I questioned, furrowing my eyebrows. "Since when did we hire those?"

"Your mother hired them for the ball," said Henrietta. "As I told you earlier, tonight is going to be a very big night. Anyone who is anyone will be attending and your mother and father want to be as presentable as possible."

I laughed lightly, "That does make sense."

"You need to hop into that bath young lady," Henrietta said while taking the discarded dresses. "Otherwise we will be late and your mother will not have that."

"Okay, okay," I raised my arms up in defense. "I'm going. Go check up on my friends, will you please? I'm afraid that they are going to need a little help as well."

"They're all set," Henrietta explained. "Each one of them has an assistant with them as well. They'll be fine. Now get your tush into the tub!"

I giggled, "Alright."

I then shuffled into the large master bathroom and stripped out of my clothes, hopping into the steaming bath that Henrietta had made for me previously.

After I was done, I wrapped myself into a warm, fuzzy towel and combed my wet-dripping hair. As I walked out of the bathroom, another memory flooded back into my mind.

As I finished taking my bath, I walked back into my room with a soft white cotton towel wrapped tightly around me. Before I could get dressed, the door opened, causing me to jump in shock, nearly knocking my towel off me.

"Oh, um, sorry," said Thomas, taking one glance at me and looking away quickly. "I didn't know you were, um, taking a bath."

I lightly chuckled as Thomas said, "I just wanted to ask you, which tie looks better?"

From behind his back, facing away from me, Thomas held up two different colored ties to me—one was black, and the other was grey. I chuckled at his sudden nervousness and said, "You don't have to turn around, Tommy. It's not like I'm actually naked,"

"That's true," Thomas said, chuckling and turning around, meeting my eyes and only my eyes. "So, the ties?"

"Oh, right," I said, shaking my head and looking down at the two pieces of fabric. "I think I like the grey one better."

Thomas turned, looking at the grey tie and nodding in approval, "Good choice. Thanks Samantha, I guess I'll see you tonight."

"Bye," I said, watching him leave and then letting out a breath I hadn't known I was holding. "See you tonight."

I glanced back at my door, knowing that Thomas wasn't here. He was not going to burst through the door and smile at me with those perfect teeth of his. I wouldn't ever see those boys again. But, I'm back with Gilbert, and my old friends, and that is more than I could ever ask for.

"I'm back!" exclaimed Henrietta, causing me to nearly fall over from shock.

Henrietta burst in through the doors with two others following behind her. One was tall, with light brown hair that was tucked into a tight bun. The other was petite, like Henrietta, but she had light blonde hair and makeup covering every inch of her frame.

"Samantha," said Henrietta. "These are your hair and makeup stylists. When they are done, we will get you fitted into your gown and you will be ready to go."

"Okay," I said as the hair and makeup stylists set up their things. "Thank you, Henrietta."

My maid nodded and gave me a wink before exiting my room. I took a seat in front of a large mirror and the stylists began to do their work. I was ordered to keep still, but every second that passed made me more and more nervous.

Who will be at the ball?

Will I live up to my parents expectations?

Will I make a fool out of myself?

Will my friends be okay?

Will Gilbert be okay?

I shook the thoughts out of my head as I sat up straight. After two solid hours, the stylists had finally finished their work. The two women nodded in approval as they stepped aside and let me look into the mirror.

My hair was done up into a bun with stray hairs were curled loosely, framing my face. My makeup was done so fully that I could barely even recognize myself. After being fitted into my dress, the whole outfit came into place. I looked—I felt—like a princess.

And, tonight, I don't know what I should be expecting. But, what I do know, is that I will keep my head up and hope for the best. That was all I could really do.

writers block writers block writers block

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.8K 782 21
❝ isn't it romantical, how we fell in love twice? ❞ [ gilbert x my fem!oc ] [ completed || 11/19/23 #1 rubygillis 1/23/22 #1 dianabarry 5/17/22 #1 lu...
2.8K 110 12
Anne and Gilbert have been smitten with each other for a long while, and every day they are apart doing their college studies is a tedious day. But...
65.9K 1.3K 33
"Evelyn you will not talk to that girl. She is too much of a bad example for you." "But father you hardly know her if only you can-" "No Evelyn!" W...
7.4K 186 8
A Jerry Baynard X Diana Berry Short-Story Dianna returns to Avonlea after a turbulent time in her marriage. It is not long until she bumps into a fam...