The Beast Within | Vampire Kn...

By megumiiseyelashes

Elvia Laurel was never normal, her abnormal white hair that miraculously grows as each strand shortens and a... More

1- Oversized Giants
2- Annoying Mouses
3- Grocery Shopping
4- Human Blood Bag
6- Valentine's day
7- Yuki
8- Evocation Of The Past
9- A Deal With The Giant
10- Midnight Parties
11- The Fury Of An Angel
12- Nightmare
13- Moving On?
14- A Surprise In The Closet
15- Kidnapped
16- Transitioning
17- Inevitable Death
18- Human Again
19- Manor
20- Family
21- A Broken Heart
22- Missing You
23- Winter Formal: Part 1
24- Winter Formal: Part 2
25- Shizuka
26- Communication
27- Wolf Set Free
28- And It Begins
29- A Risky Decision
30- Battle Of The Purebloods
31- How It Ends
A/N
Sequel?
...

5- Inspection

5.8K 232 119
By megumiiseyelashes

"You want me to what now?"

The Headmaster sighs pushing up his glasses. "You are Yuki are to make your way to the Night dormitory for the annual inspection to see if everything's doing well. And I also want you to deliver this package of blood tablets to Kaname for me." I look at him dumb founded.

"Dude. Are you even hearing what you're saying? Me and Yuki are a huge no-no. Besides, why can't you make her do it? Tell Zero to go with her or something." He smiles shoving the package in my face.

"As a prefect of the Disciplinary committee it is your duty to fulfil this commandment otherwise I would give you the task of cleaning up horse feces before sunrise." My eyes twitch as I snatch the package from his grasp.

"Fine." I snap. "But don't blame me if your daughter returns with missing limbs and severed fingers."

Speaking of the devil, the mouse scurries into the room also making me want to squeeze her eyeballs out because she was practically eyeing me like I was going to snap and kill her.

"Ah, there's my favourite daughter!" The Head master grins running in for a hug but Yuki stepped to the side in time.

"I'm your only daughter." She mutters with a frown, I guess I'm not the only one ecstatic on going to inspect with my best friend.

"Must you always be mean to your dear father Yuki?" He wails before quickly composing himself. "Anyway, you are dismissed. I am hoping for good reports." Yuki nods hurriedly before walking out the door with me trailing a couple of steps behind her.

"I don't hate you." She spoke out of the blue. "Even if you torment me I won't hate you."

"Good to know." I smile before plugging my earphones into one of my ears.

The music distracted me from the drowsiness I was feeling lately, I didn't even need to take my sleeping pills because once I lay down on my bed I'm out like a deadman. Bags were visible under my eyes mainly because of the fact that my night terrors haunt me despite my need to sleep. Which is why I tend to sleep during classes, I mean it's not like I would miss out on anything. This stuff was practically drilled into my head.

"In fact I was nothing but kind to you, and I'm going to continue to do so because I am going to be the better person."

"Cool story bro."

"In fact, I believe you're a good person. And I must've done something to offend you, I wonder what I did exactly?" She ponders.

I let out a light groan. "Look, I appreciate that you're trying to muster up the courage to confess your feelings to me- actually I don't. But, whatever. I, on the other hand feel like a truck is constantly running over me so if you want to get on my good side do me a favour and shut the fuck up." Yuki was partly why I currently feel like I'm dying, but the other part is that the eternal hangover decided to be a bitch today. Lucky me.

"Look, can you even listen to what I'm saying-" I plug the other earphone in blocking out any noise.

We arrive at the moon dorm past the gates, and one thing I know for sure is that once I return I'll definitely be giving the Headmaster an earful as to why the Moon dorm looks more aesthetically pleasing than our rusty old-looking Sun dorm that seems to be over a few hundred years old. I get it, these Night class students are rich and shit. But there's something called human rights and being able to stay in a place that I'm comfortable knowing that the ceiling won't collapse on me.

After Yuki finally decides to grace my ears with that peacefulness I like to call; silence, she knocks on the door (which is kind of pointless) and pushes the door open only for it to not budge, after multiple attempts I let a loud sigh and pull the door open giving the girl a 'really?' Look.

"Oh." She blushed looking at the ground.

I roll my eyes stepping into the vampire's den feeling awfully vulnerable to their pointy fangs and weird stares, considering Yuki was the one with the weapon we were doomed. I need to be sure to request for some sort of contraption that could prevent myself from being a Vampire's supper, but I'm pretty sure that the Headmaster would be hesitant to give someone like me a weapon.

"What?" I growl at the vampires hoarding in groups near the hallway. "I know I'm food and all, but there's no need to drool." They scowled and looked away making me feel satisfied, at least they didn't jump out of their skin like those pesky Day Class students.

"We have to wait for Kaname to arrive." Yuki mumbles giving the vampires nervous stares. Stupid girl, even I know not to give in to those 'all-nighters' because they basically feed on fear.

"You should tell you're frightened friend to quieten her erratic heartbeat, otherwise I might as well disobey Lord Kaname's orders and take a little nibble." A beautiful, toffee-haired girl approached walking elegantly as if she was a model on the runway.

"Go on then. I ain't stopping you." I sat on the couch leaning back watching as Yuki's stares at me with wide eyes. "What? You're the one who is currently pissing your pants."

The girl smirks. "I like you, I can tell you're not like those other stupid prefects who can't shut their traps. I'm Ruka Souen." She held out her hand for me to shake.

I look at her hand sceptically, did I want to shake it and prospectively become friends with her or just blandly ignore her and risk having a vampire as an enemy?

Then I remembered Alex's words from a few days ago.

"Nothing." She gnaws on her bottom lip. "During freshman year I was a bit cold and harsh, but that basically got me nowhere since my grades were bad and everyone hated me. Years flew past and now I've transformed into somewhat of a social butterfly, I have a cold side but only to those that annoy me and I have never felt better. It's a good feeling you know, having people that care about you." I stay silent before smiling.

Oh fuck it.

I shook her hand smirking back at her. "Laurel, Elvia Laurel. But call me Via." I could hear Yuki mutter something under her breath.

"Oh so she can call you Via and I can't?" I raised an eyebrow at her.

"I only allow people I don't dislike to call me that."

She blinks. "So you hate everyone."

I grin. "Precisely."

"When did you transfer here? I can't recognise your scent.." I shrug leaning my chin against the palm of my hand whilst my elbow balanced on the arm rest.

"A few days back I guess, it was completely against my decision to transfer here but now I'm regretting it a little bit less. You see, I just found about you're guys' existence approximately a day and a half ago." She raised her eyebrow sitting down.

"And how exactly did you find out?" She ponders.

I shrug. "Either the girls are utterly bad at keeping secrets or that I'm too smart for my own good." Just then, that Kuran who felt as if he could take all the time in the world to descend down the stairs finally arrived. His usually blazer was off, his tie was hung loosely around his neck with a few buttons of his shirt opened, and his hair was messy but stylish. Damn, I wish I looked that good when I wake up.

"Apologies for my late arrival, I was up doing work all day therefor I decided to take a last minute nap. I hope I wasn't keeping you waiting for too long." His gaze was specified lovingly towards Yuki making me see the chemistry between those two, and the jealousy radiating from Ruka like heat waves. Maybe I'll do Ruka a favour and accidentally push Yuki off a cliff and claim it was a wild animal.

"No, not at all. You might as well have another hour's worth of napping and keep us waiting till the next fucking year." I could feel Ruka's displeasured look but she kept quiet and smiled at me.

"Lord Kaname." She bows at him which is stupid really, probably they just bow down at him because they think the giant is going to stomp them down with his big feet. She looks at me smirking. "It was nice meeting you Via, I hope to meet you again for coffee later sometime in the weekend?"

My eyes widen, as a teen I never was invited out to eat with friends (not that I had any) or to go to any parties, heck even the nerds and outcasts laughed at me as if I got the easiest math equation wrong. I feel my heart flutter with a bubbly emotion as for once in my life a genuine smile lifted onto my lips. "I'd like that. See you later Ruka." I waved which felt foreign to my finger tips as she walks away, I looked at the Giant and Yuki who blinked at me as if I done five cartwheels, three backflips and the splits in front of their eyes.

"What?" I frown. Ah, now I feel like myself again.

"You were n-nice." Yuki stutters completely flabbergasted.

I rolled my eyes catching onto the cause of their weird behaviour. "Wow, I'm nice, so surprising. Just because I'm rude, arrogant, or even demon-like doesn't mean that there isn't a nice side to me. " To be truthful. I, myself was even shocked by my weird behaviour. Since when am I even nice? Nice doesn't even exist in my dictionary. The word almost made me feel happy.

Wait- happy? What the hell is this place doing to me, I need to get out of here ASAP.

"And here." I threw the package at him which he swiftly caught, I was secretly hoping that it would hit him in the face but never mind. "Lets get this shit over with so I can sleep."

The Giant looked at me funnily. "I've noticed you've been sleeping a lot lately, even Yuki said that you take naps during classes. If you want, I could tell the Headmaster to let you off the disciplinary committee if it effects your health."

I sigh in exasperation crossing my arms. "It seems that Yuki talks about me a lot, what am I? Her girl crush." She blushed.

"What? N-No." She splutters look away.

"And my health shouldn't concern you at all, just worry about yourself and your little followers and I'll worry about myself." I riposte glaring at him. I barged into the first room not caring if the person was changing, finding the room oddly clean and sparkling. I noticed a few specks of dust which triggered my OCD but I pressed my lips together to calm myself.

I walk around looking under the bed to see it empty, the curtains were opened wide and symmetrical, the bedside cabinet was not overloaded with papers, overall this did not spark my image of what I expected a teenager's room to look like. Though they are vampires, they are morally human teenagers so they should act like one as well. Lastly was the closet, I opened the door expecting piles of clothes to jump at me when instead stacks upon stacks of mangas and comics were all lined up in colour coordinated rows making a small spark ignite in my eyes.

My fingers shake as I tucked both my hands behind my back to prevent myself from fan-girling and tucking in a couple volumes under my jacket to steal them.

"Ah, I didn't expect you to check in there." The taller, much more polite looking blonde emerged from the door scratching the back of his neck. "I'll be sure to report them to Lord Kaname since I have no other choice."

I bit my lip. "You got the seventh volume of Naruto?" He nod unsurely before smiling.

"Yeah, I'm kinda a big fan. I got a lot of the same copies." I look left and right before clearing my throat.

I spoke in a hushed tone. "Volume seven and I won't speak a word." His eyes lit up as he hands me the volume which I quickly tucked under my hoodie.

"It's nice to meet a manga fan, not that many people read manga since they claim that anime gives them a visual perspective of what's happening. My name's Takuma Ichijo by the way." He smiles flashing his white, gorgeous pearls,

"Elvia Laurel." I look at the watch on my wrist. "I've got to go inspect the other rooms. It was nice meeting you Takuma." I nod at him before walking away. I stopped at the doorway. "Oh and Takuma." I looked back at him. "Not a word of our deal." He zips his lips and threw away the key making me smirk.

"Yes ma'am. Not a single word." He salutes making me roll my eyes and walk away to inspect the other rooms.

Two hours later of going through the horror of searching through people's room like a police investigator, you could say I was shocked after checking the rooms throughly. I found a lot of stuff from hidden food to even drugs, never thought these vampires were druggies.

After I had to fulfil my duties as a prefect and wondered around the campus eventually finding one or two students wondering around past curfew, it was half-past three when I finally was able to go back to my dorm and get a few hours rest. I find myself going over the events that happened today, I clenched my fist holding it to my heart as my eyes narrowed.

I closed my eyes a picture of old Via flashing through my mind making my teeth grind together harshly, I promised myself to never be that girl again. That pathetic excuse of a human who cried at every word thrown at her, who cried herself to night unable to release the pain any other way, who cried thinking about the times she cried, all she did was cry and cry until there were no tears left to spill.

I'm never doing to be that person again.

-*-

A/N:

Who knew that Elvia could actually be nice?

QOTC: How many siblings do you have?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.7K 591 22
How can a creature have all the known characteristics of a species but still be another species? That is the number 1 question regarding (Y/n) (L/n)...
105K 2.8K 19
⚠️MADE THIS BOOK WHEN I WAS 15 YEARS OLD! READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!⚠️ Kaname is in love with Zero, but doesn't want to admit it directly. So what does...
87.3K 3.7K 46
[Vampire Knight Fan-fic] The Angelo Twins were born into one of the most powerful and respected Pureblood families, but while growing up the youngest...
7.4K 382 18
Mizuki Cross is a hotheaded individual with the calm Kaname Kuran consistently over her shoulder. She's been feeling strange around him, but knowing...