Thorn (Carmichael Series #5)✔️

By AuthorrUnknown

THE FIFTH AND FINAL BOOK IN THE CARMICHAEL SERIES - CANNOT BE READ AS A STAND ALONE (MUST read Scar On My Hea... More

HELP ME!
Summary
Character List
Pilot
Movie Night Disaster
New Friend
Missing Out
Looking For Trouble
Mistaken Relation
Valentine's Day
So We Meet Again
Deja Vu
Almost Caught
Foot-in-Mouth Syndrome
Black and Blue
Sticks and Stones
Break Down
Hello...It's Me
I Fall Apart
Advice
About that update...
Raised Voices
KNOX'S GIRL AU UPDATE
Decisions, Decisions
Tell Me How You Really Feel
Whoop, There It Is!
Important Revelations
Diamonds Are A Girls Best Friend
Hiding Things
Spilling The Beans
So...
Surprise!
All I Ever Needed
Epilogue

Confessions

114K 4.4K 1.3K
By AuthorrUnknown

**Sorry that I wasn't able to get this up yesterday ya'll. I'm working full-time now and yesterday was just so freaking busy and by the time I laid down in bed I was NOT willing to get up and grab my laptop to post this haha. I hope you guys enjoy this update!

NOTE: DON'T ASK ME TO DOUBLE UPDATE CAUSE IT'S NOT HAPPENING. I don't have enough chapters prewritten and I just don't have the time to write right now.**

Tansy's POV

"So how was your first week of preschool?" I asked Calla as she played with some Lincoln Logs on the front counter, creating her dolls 'dream cabin' as she put it.

"It was alright, but they always make me take a nap before lunch and I don't like that." She complained.

I fucking wish I was forced to take naps during the day.

"Well, besides that. Have you made any new friends?" I asked with curiosity. I wouldn't be surprised if she'd become everyone's new best friend. She has the most infectious smile and laugh that it made it impossible not to love her.

"Yeah. Caroline and Natalie. They like Barbies, too." She beamed, pausing her building so I could see her wide smile. I chuckled in amusement. If only making friends were still that easy.

"That's wonderful, baby." I encouraged before going back to balancing the store's books.

It was quiet in the store for a little while before Calla stopped and said, "Mommy, why haven't you been home all week?" My heart squeezed in my chest at the upset look she was sporting.

Because that's not my home. It never has been.

"Well, a good friend of mine is really sick, so I've been staying with her so that I can take care of her. I don't know when she'll get better." The friend is me and the sickness is in my head. Too bad I can't tell her I don't think it'll ever get better.

"Oh...well daddy's been real angry and he's no fun to play with. And he's not very good at doing my hair for school." She pouted, her bottom lip visibly sticking out. I had no doubt that she knew the kind of effect she was having on me right now.

"I'll see what I can do." I assured her, happy to have lifted her spirits a little bit. Since it was pretty slow, she grabbed out a book from under the counter and handed it to me. I smiled when I saw that she'd picked the giving tree. I scooted my barstool back as Calla climbed onto my lap. I was glad that I'd finally invested in a much more sturdy, comfortable chair seeing as Calla refused to let me start reading until she was seated right on top of me - something that almost caused us to tumble backwards in my old chair a while back.

I was halfway through the book when the bell above the door chimed. Peeking up, I was caught off guard to see Judd standing across the counter.

"Hey." He said with a warm smile before looking down to Calla's tiny frame.

"Welcome to Tansy's floral. What can we get you?" She asked in a chipper tone - she loved helping me in any way she could.

"I'd like a...colorful assortment of flowers?" He said, though it sounded more like a question. I could already tell he was a typical man; he knew absolutely nothing about flowers beside the fact that red roses were considered romantic.

"So, is this flower shop yours?" Judd questioned her back with fake astonishment, something that made Calla giggle furiously.

"No, silly! It's mommy's shop!" She exclaimed before looking back and giving my cheeks a loving pat. I turned my head and gave the palm of her hand a kiss. She did what I taught her and clutched her hand into a fist to "save" the kiss from escaping so she has it for later. Remembering that we weren't alone, I glanced up and caught sight of Judd's very confused face. He was looking back and forth between Calla and I while blinking rapidly.

"So, something colorful?" I confirmed.

"Uh, yeah." He stammered.

"Alright. We'll be right back." I murmured before helping Calla down and following her into the back room.

We both reemerged about ten minutes later. I thought the time would have given Judd a moment to collect his thoughts and come to terms with what he'd seen, but it seems that's not what happened at all. He still looked as confused as ever.

"That'll be 20 dollars even." Calla spoke, putting her hand out to grab his card from him. He fumbled around before finally handing it over and giving me an expectant look.

"So, how'd you know this was the right floral shop?" I asked, completely avoiding the topic that I knew he was clearly curious about. I couldn't really blame him. The only thing I'd told him about her was from the first day we met - it was highly likely he probably forgot.

"Honestly?" He asked, seeming to somewhat go back to normal. I nodded. "I kind of drove around visiting every floral shop until I found you." He confessed, his cheeks turning a light shade of pink as he rubbed the back of his neck in embarrassment. I snorted in amusement before taking the card and receipt from Calla and handing it over.

"I was wondering if you wanted to-" He started to say, but I instantly cut him off by coughing and giving him a please dear God shut up look. It wasn't that I didn't want to hang out with him again - we'd been basically inseparable the last week - but I just didn't want Calla hearing it and thinking I was free and was choosing to not be with her. The situation was the exact opposite, actually. I knew I was being a child and a hypocrite just like her father by letting him and I's situation keep me away from her, but I just wasn't emotionally ready to face him after what he said and did.

I told myself that I would give myself at least a week and a half to think things over and come to terms with my feelings before I faced him again with the intent of discussing things. Thankfully, I was still able to see Calla during my away time as she always had Agatha drop her off at the store after she was done with preschool. It didn't seem to be affecting her really at all, she was just more mad that I wasn't there to help Tanner tuck her into bed than anything.

Thankfully, Calla was oblivious to Judd and I's entire interaction. I released a breath of relief before seeing Judd's single raised eyebrow.

"Calla, this is my good friend Judd. Judd, this is Calla." I introduced, praying that Calla wouldn't freak out like she did when Tanner came home with Titty.

"Just friends?" She asked skeptically. I had to refrain from bursting out laughing.

"Yes, baby. Just friends. Like you are with Caroline and Natalie." I explained further. Her eyes lit up with understanding.

"Do you like Barbies too?" She asked incredulously. I couldn't keep my laughter at bay, and apparently neither could Judd.

"I had a couple G.I. Joe action figures when I was younger." He nodded, but Calla looked confused.

"Yes, he likes playing with dolls too." I said to Calla, not being able to resist the opportunity to tease Judd. He sent me a playful glare in reply. I checked my watch, noting that I only had two more hours until we closed. It was an excruciatingly slow day, so I decided I could just pack up and close early anyway.

"Calla, let's get you home to daddy." I murmured before kissing her temple. She immediately started pouting.

"Are you gonna come with, mommy?" She asked, though the face she was giving me was more like a beg than anything else. Now, I truly was stuck. The absolute last thing I wanted to do was go see Tanner's stupid fucking face, but I really did want to have a night in with Calla cuddling and eating goldfish.

"I suppose my friend can have someone else look after her tonight." I mused with a smile. She shrieked with happiness, bouncing up and down while grasping onto my shirt. I looked up at Judd and gave him an apologetic smile. "Can I get a rain check for tomorrow night?" I asked sheepishly.

I was a little confused as he looked slightly angered. I wasn't sure whether it was because I said no to hanging out tonight, or the fact that he still probably thought Calla was my real daughter despite what I'd told him. I could understand the latter, but he had no right to be mad at me for choosing to hang out with my favorite little girl over him.

"As long as I get an explanation, than yeah." He said gruffly before waving goodbye to the both of us with a straight face and leaving.

I ignored the weird feeling in my stomach from the interaction before locking up and buckling Calla into her car seat in my car. The entire drive over to Tanner's, I felt like I had a bar of lead in my stomach. My mouth grew dry and my hands became clammy.

I just hope to God he doesn't have someone there with him...

**

I didn't say a word, or even make a peep, as we entered the apartment. It felt wrong that I still had the spare key on my chain from when I took it from Tanner, but it panned out well for me in this situation. Calla didn't worry about keeping quiet as she stomped inside and threw her backpack and other various things on the ground.

I heard someone stir from the hallway of the apartment, trying my best to ignore it as I followed Calla into the living room and took a seat on the couch as she dove into a puzzle she appeared to have already started earlier.

"Calla? Sweetheart, is that you?" I heard Tanner's husky voice call. Fuck me, even just his voice still gets me hot I cursed my body in my head while squirming around trying to dampen the fire that'd been started between my legs. It hasn't even been that long since he and I have had sex, but I feel like it's been an eternity.

I braced myself as the sound of his footsteps grew nearer. I don't know what it was, but the second we made eye contact, I felt all the air escape from my lungs. It was like I just couldn't breathe. Fucking hell, why does he have to look so good all the time?!

"Oh, Tansy. I thought Miss Agatha would be bringing her home." He said, obviously not expecting me to break my streak of ignoring him. I couldn't help the triumphant feeling I had wash over me when I realized how tired and worn down he looked. Ha-ha motherfucker! I'm not the only one who can't sleep at night either!

"Are you staying for dinner?" He asked awkwardly, still standing in the arch of the hallway.

"Silly daddy! She's staying the whole night." Calla giggled as if the mere suggestion of me leaving was the funniest thing in the world. Neither Tanner nor I said another word, unsure how to proceed from here.

"Mommy, I'm hungry." Calla pouted before turning to give me her best puppy dog eyes.

"What do you want to eat, baby?" I asked, having already known she would be hungry soon. She was always hungry right at 5:30 - it was like clockwork.

"Tansy noodles!" She exclaimed while jumping on me. I nodded with a smile before kissing the top of her head and making my way to the kitchen. Tanner must have deemed it safe enough to approach me, as I bumped into his chest when I turned to grab the things I needed from the fridge.

Clearing my throat, I took two large steps back and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Can we talk?" He asked, not a single trace of arrogance or confrontation in his voice. Well, that's new.

"There's nothing to discuss, Tanner." I said simply with a shrug before dropping my arms and maneuvering myself around his body, ensuring we didn't touch.

"That's where you're wrong. We have so fucking much to talk about." He insisted, getting wound up already.

"We'll just have to agree to disagree then, but I'm busy right now. Maybe after Calla's fallen asleep." I spoke tight-lipped, not wanting to be interacting with him in any sort right now. He sighed with defeat before turning to join Calla as she played. I stood there for a few minutes in shock, not able to believe that he actually walked away without an argument or pressing me further.

Dinner was awkward, not that Calla seemed to notice. She was basically shitting rainbows and sunshine just from having both Tanner and I present at the same time again. I knew that I wouldn't be getting the week and a half I wanted, not after seeing how it actually had been affecting her. Oh well. Woman up and handle shit I told myself.

I decided to make Tanner wait until we'd put Calla to bed and I'd had my shower before starting this 'talk'. I cursed myself for having transferred nothing but my sexy silk nighties and pyjama sets to Tanner's apartment as now I would be facing him pretty much half-naked. Peeing before I left the bathroom, I cursed the world when I saw the wad of white discharge on my underwear.

"Are you fucking kidding me? As if things couldn't get any worse, I now have a yeast infection too. Just fucking great." I sneered. I roughly tore the toilet paper before cleaning myself up and making a mental note to call my doctor.

When I finally exited the bathroom, I could see the effect I had on him in seconds. His eyes swarmed with lust for me, and I couldn't deny that it made me feel a little good. Focus, Tansy.

"Fuck off pal, I've got yeast infection." I hissed, laughing in my head when the fire in his eyes disappeared and he cleared his throat.

"I'm sorry." He started up but stopped when I scoffed. "Tansy, I'm trying to be a Goddamn adult here. Can you try and do the same?" He growled, looking highly irritated. I swallowed the lump in my throat, feeling small and embarrassed because of the fact that he was right.

"Fine. Continue." I gruffed out before brushing past him to plop down on the edge of his bed.

"I'm sorry." He started out again. "I was a huge asshole."

"Won't disagree with you there." I snorted. He ignored my outburst before continuing.

"But it's because I love you." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

70.7K 2.4K 25
Sometimes a girl has to decide, a job and future or the jerk and his lies? Lizzie Brennan lives in 'Mystic Dreams Wonderland Trailer Park' in a b...
11.2K 154 28
I only take headcannons and drabbles for requests :)
10.7K 538 40
COMPLETE ⚠️ THIS IS A SEQUEL TO LIFE OF IVES! ⚠️ A lot of stuff in this book will not make sense unless you read Life of Ives first. You don't HAVE t...
3.9M 120K 69
As the leader of Knight Security and the handler of all four special operative teams, Hunter Hall's life revolved around bringing order to a world of...