Remnant Restart

By S-Naruto

After living my life to the fullest and to the end I was not expecting or prepared for being in the position... More

Chapter 1: Rebirth
Chapter 2: Growing up
Chapter 2.5: Training
Chapter 3: Going Back to School
Chapter 4: The Blue Guardian
Chapter 5.5: Halo?
Chapter 6: A Heroes Trailer
Chapter 7: Beacon Bound
Chapter 8: Initiation and Forming Teams

Chapter 5: A Day in Vale

3.6K 62 18
By S-Naruto

"I can't believe you!" Yang shouts with a stomp of her foot glaring daggers into me. Knowing I was in trouble I succumbed to her and Ruby's interrogation without resistance. Seeing me banged upon my return after I bolted on them deserved a lecture so I couldn't complain.

When I got home from the talk my parents to say the least were surprised and upset to see me hurt and in new gear. I had to skip school for a few days relying on emails and Notes I asked Yang for as I recovered. So surprise, surprise I have both Yang and Ruby now questioning my choices, which was surprising coming from Yang.

"You go off without telling us anything only to message me after school that you are home, and to make it worse you came back injured…Blue boy you are in so much trouble!" She keeps ranting about how stupid I was as I look at Ruby and feel more regret fill within me.

She just looks at me with her silver eyes that have some tears starting to trickle down as she tries to maintain a glare and pout. "You could have told us there was something happening Ulric." Was all she said as I nod my head accepting my lecture.

After they were finally done Yang come up to me and wraps her arms tightly around my neck pushing our cheeks into each other as I feel her warmth enter my face. "You really are an idiot Ulric. You shouldn't go off without telling anyone and especially us." She clenches tighter. "Please don't do that again."

I go to place my hand on her head and softly stroke it. "I won't, but those people needed someone to aide them. I swore to become stronger so I could help people like that day years ago."

"We're not angry about that Ulric." Ruby finally speaks again as she walks over joining Yang in the hug. "We're angry that you didn't contact us or anyone for backup." I nod to her argument making her smile.

"You truly are and idiot Blue boy." Yang says in a whisper as Ruby looks at me growing grin. "But you really are a hero when it matters." Seeming them smile like that makes me smile as well till a knock comes from the door.

Yang and Ruby let go as the door slowly opens showing someone I haven't seen since I arrived here.

"Greetings Ulric, I'm sorry for the surprise visit, but I just wanted to have a chat with you if that is alright?"

His cane made a solid thump as he stopped a few feet before me. His glasses drooping down from his face, revealing his eyes that held a stoic look. His small smile filled with a calmness that relaxes others around him.

"Mister Ozpin? This is a surprise." I give him a nod of my head to greet him. "I would be glad to talk with you."

He nods back to me before checking his watch. "Thank you for your time, however I do ask for privacy as it concerns you directly." He looks to Ruby and Yang who nod before walking out.

"We'll be downstairs Ulric." Ruby says leaving my view.

"Don't go anywhere, or I'll really get mad." Yang warns me but holds a smile as she follows after.

Once the door closes Ozpin moves my desk chair so he sits across from me on my bed.

"Thank you for your time today." He looks at me directly as if examining a specimen in a lab before continuing.

"I must say Ulric; you seem to be building a name for yourself before you even have become a hunter." He opens his scroll that shows a folder with my name and profile within it.

"At age seven not only did you engage with your first Grimm you stalled it and rescued your friends doing so." he taps down as more words appeared.

"After that, in only a month of your aura unlocked you once again saved the same girls and this time defeated the Beowolves on your own before Qrow and Summer came to help."

His smile grows a little before he continues. "Years later you apply to Signal earning the highest marks I've seen Qrow give which was and I quote 'Not bad'." I feel confused before he continues. "Usually he reports as clunky or terrible, so it surprised me to see that he saw you as half decent." He chuckles before reading more.

"Now I get a patrol report from an attacked caravan about a student named The Blue Guardian who single handedly defended them from a pack with an alpha Grimm." His eyes grow more serious as he finishes. "Tell me, was this you?"

I nod my head slowly as he looks back to my folder for a minute before once more to me. "Ulric, why do you want to become a hunter?" I sit in my bed pondering his question for an answer.

"Well it was during that first encounter." I look to the ground as I recall that day years ago. "Ruby was crying and Yang was scared. They were in danger and I wanted to protect them." I clench a fist seeing their sad faces in my mind once more.

"But weren't you in danger too?" He asks, curious to reasoning.

I nod my head. "Of course I was. Hell I couldn't do anything except to run and stall it, but seeing them scared made something inside me tighten. I never want to see them cry like that again. I needed the strength not just for myself, but to use it for them and hopefully for others out there in need of help."

I give him a firm stare as he takes it all in before making a small smile. "For others hmm? A very passionate and determined answer young man."

He stands back up looking to me. "Well Ulric, what if I were to tell you that I wanted you to come to Beacon next year?"

[Event Triggered: Beacon Pass]

Headmaster Ozpin has accepted you to Beacon.

Reward:

Become a student at Beacon

Accept: Yes/No?

I look at him in disbelief before the face of Yang and Ruby appear to the front of my mind. I softly shake my head no before answering. "Why such an offer would be something students dream of to receive from you headmaster. However right now I still need to become better before entering Beacon."

I look to Ozpin with a smile that slightly surprises him. "I need to learn all I can here to become a better student over there with you. I am sorry Ozpin sir." He looks to me with a smile and begins to laugh for a minute before stopping.

"Forgive me Ulric, it's just that I'm rather amused to be rejected so quickly at a chance like this." He picks up his cane and gives me an approving nod. "However I like your answer. Never stop Growing Ulric. it is by doing such things that we all become stronger."

He motions to the door and nods to me. "I look forward to your progress in a few more years. I can gladly wait to see just what kind of person you'll become."

[Event: Beacon Pass] declined

[Quest Chronicle: Beacon of Hope]

Task: Enter Beacon once you are ready

Rewards:

Become a student of Beacon

100,000 Exp

Optional Secret rewards

Failure/Denial:

Lost Chance to enter Beacon

Lose Closeness to Ruby and Yang

Accept: Yes/No?

I smile back and nod to Ozpin once more. "I'll gladly show you once im ready." He smiles at my answer before leaving. The room stays deftly quiet as I think on my choice. 'Did I make the right call?' was all that was going through in my head.

A few minutes later Ruby and Yang come rushing in. "So Blue boy what was that all about?" Yang starts the interrogation as Ruby looks excited.

"Ozpin wanted to know more about the caravan attacked for a report entry, nothing too big." I play it off with a shrug as Yang looks convinced. "Really? I'm surprised he would make a trip for that, but I guess he just wanted to avoid paperwork or something."

We all laugh from the idea before I stop and gaze at the two of them. 'Yeah, I made the right choice.'

I smile intently before Ruby starts talking. "So since we passed the yelling, can you tell us the story of the fight!?" Ruby's eyes were wide and excited to hear about my heroics. I sigh knowing I have no choice before she sits on the bed with Yang joining in as I start. "Well, it happened right when I was coming home from Signal…"

Flash change scene

After a few more hours and it reaching night Yang and Ruby said they would see me tomorrow to celebrate my recovery and left for home, leaving me to myself in my room. I look to my bag of gear checking the loot that dropped from the battle. "Observe"

Ogre Gem: A jewel of power that strengthens the holder. [+ 5% Str Bonus]

Monster Leather: valued hide of beasts that make great use in crafting

Cobalt ore: Valued commodity for paint, craft item for blue pigments.

This loot is pretty useful! The gem alone was worth it. No way can I turn down a stat buff like this one. Even the other items would be of use for either selling or re-crafting my armor when it's damaged.

I spend a few minutes more observing the items till I grab my armor and tools to refit the gem into it, carefully placing the gem into one of the eyes of the wolf pauldron. I look at it gleam in the light as I nod at my work.

'So I guess when I find material like that I should install it to the armor.'

It wouldn't be bad to make a necklace or something, but I wouldn't want to explain why, when it would be easier to add in and saying it was an upgrade or style change.

Once I packed everything back into place I notice the time before lying back down onto the bed.

'I should get ready for tomorrow.' I yawn before closing my eyes. 'I wouldn't want Yang to get upset for me being up late.'

Flash change scene

Morning went rather normal. Got up, had food, changed into new clothes. I just decided on my blue t-shirt that had 'Signals Bodybuilders' on the front that I got from the student store, some cargo shorts incase I had to carry around stuff, and some boots because I was too lazy for normal shoes.

After a bit I hear a knock on the door and went to answer it. Naturally it was Yang and Ruby.

"Hey Ulric, ready for today?" Yang says smiling warmly at me. I noticed quickly she was in a new short sleeved black jacket with a orange t-shirt, with black short shorts. She also had knee high socks and shoes that matched her clothes.

"Of course Yang, It's not like you planned this days ago and reminded me each time you came over." I chuckle before hearing Ruby laugh with me.

She looked rather cute with a red skirt to match her black blouse that had a red long sleeved shirt over it. Like me she had boots but with black stockings which may have made me look more than I should have…

"Glad to see your doing great today Rubes." I greet her with a smile of my own finally looking at her face as she pokes her fingers together.

"Well it's really fun when you're around..." She forms a light blush as I nuzzle her hair with my hand as I look to Yang.

"Well I'm all yours today girls, so where are we going?"

They look to each other before looking at me with a evil grin on them both making me start to worry. "Umm Yang…Ruby…why are you doing that?..."

......................................................................

"No!" is all I saw once we get to the store after the ferry ride over to Vale. Ruby makes a pout with added water effects as she looks up to me.

"But you said we had you all day today…" she whimpers softly as I try to avoid the gaze.

"Please Ulric for us?" Yang adds in holding my arm with her lip out in a begging fashion. I could only sigh seeing them fist pump to my defeat.

"Fine, but im not...Gah!" I didn't get to finish as Yang and Ruby grab my hands and rush me into 'Le Chique" a clothing store, even for hunters.

I stood inside the hunter gear area where Ruby and Yang begin to giggle and chat as they selected outfits tried them on. I decided to grab a chair nearby as I look around at the selection. From night to formal wear they really did have it. "Over here Ulric, Tell us what you think."

I look over to the sisters and made a double check when I did. Yang and Ruby were in dazzling dresses that made me slightly hot under the collar. "Sooo?" Yang adds again with a teasing tone, moving around as the dress sways with her hips and legs making me stammer.

"I..I..I think you look amazing…" my eyes can't peel off them as Ruby fidgets from me looking at her.

"Ulric…don't stare." She says hiding her eyes with her hair as I shake my head.

"Sorry Rubes but you look rather great in that dress." She smiles from that as I spend another half hour of them trying on things and picking a few things out.

At this point I became the carrier of goods with bags in my arms as we went downtown passing other stores like dust and weapon mods that attracted Ruby.

We finally found a food parlor around noon finding it rather pleasant with the outside café.

"So what are you having girls?" I ask them as they look back to the menu.

"I'm thinking meat." Is all Yang says as Ruby begins to drool and stare at a picture.

"They have Cookie milkshakes." Is all that comes out of her mouth, making me laugh. I quickly look for myself and waive the waitress over.

the lady comes over with a smile as she takes out a scroll. "Hello, and how can i help you today?"

"I'll have a Combo meal with a Mt Nectar, the yellow haired maiden will have a steak medium rare, and our cute redhead would like one your cookie milkshakes." She takes the order and heads off as Yang makes a teasing smile. "Quite the gentlemen aren't ya?"

I roll my eyes before smirking. "I have to be. Who else would treat you like a refined lady."

"Lady eh? So you think im pretty then Ulric?" her smile gets bigger, but I don't back down.

'It takes two to tango Yang.' I say in my head before I go to hold her hand in mock gesture and kiss it softly. "Yes you're rather beautiful Yang."

That seemed to do the trick as I watch her brain shutdown, her face turning redder than Ruby as Ruby herself looks dejected.

"What about me?" she asks shyly as steam billows off her. "Why Ruby, you look amazing too. Just wait for a few years and I bet you'll be even cuter." I smile as she users her menu to hide the now cherry red face she was showing.

They stay quiet after that as I hold a smug look. "Oh look the foods here." I say trying to get them to relax as I receive the orders from the waitress and hand them out.

Once sorted I look to my meal and dig in enjoying the nice taste it had.

"Mmm they make a mean sandwich." I'm halfway through said sandwich when I notice Yang and Ruby are barely eating.

"What's wrong you two?" I shake their shoulders making them snap out of their thoughts before they both blush. "Oh um nothing…this is good right Ruby?" Yang tries to play it off by nudging Ruby and carves her steak.

"Yeah I like the cream here, it's really sweet." They try to hold a conversation as I eye them for a minute before giving up figuring it out.

"If you say so…" I shrug and continue to enjoy my meal as the time passes.

Once we all finished I went to the front to pay for it as Yang and Ruby are slow to Follow. "Are you two alright?"

Yang looks to me with a soft smile. "Mhm I'm having a great time Ulric."

She takes my arm before Ruby takes that other as her eyes look into mine with a warmth that makes my stomach tighten. "Yeah! This is one of the best days I've ever had!"

We decided to spend some time at the arcades afterwards where Yang challenged me to a battle in the fighting sim games. Luckily I have experience from my past life that gave me the edge over her at six to one.

As compensation to appease her sore streak and beaten ego I spent an hour earning tickets that resulted in two stuffed bears for each of them. Ruby looked so adorable cuddling it, that I teased her and made her pout which didn't help her case. Yang on the other hand was quiet but had a smile when she was holding it.

"You didn't have to do this you know." Yang finally speaks, looking at her new present.

"True, but I wanted to." I smile turning to her who returns one warmly back as we enter the carnival that was in town this week.

"Oh oh I wanna do the shooting game!" Ruby jumps up and down excitedly as I laugh.

"Sure thing Ruby." I follow her as she dashes to the stand and without missing a beat began shooting the targets with great skill. After five bullseye I had to drag her away in fear of the man losing all he would earn tonight.

"Hey Ulric get ready to lose today!" Yang shouts to me when I drag Ruby with me. She grips her hammer lifts it above her head before she Pounds the tower of power with a hammer nearly reaching the top.

"Beat that Blue boy." I look at her then the tower with a smirk as I pay the attendant receiving the same hammer she had. I take a breath before lifting it above my head and shout as I use 'mighty blow' and chakra to pound it down, forcing the bell to fly up and ring the gong.

"You were saying Yang?" I say with a smirk receiving a giant foam finger that had 'VALE #1' on the front. Yang meanwhile had flared up and this time slammed it so hard the bell smashed through the gong…we had to make a quick escape away after that.

Once in the clear I looked over to her with a grunt. "Did you really have to go that far?"

She only just looked at me with a glare and smile. "Yes, there is no way I'm letting you win at everything today." I only sigh and laugh before we look around for Ruby who got distracted at the ride choices.

From there we just had good to honest fun till the last ferry was leaving, making us take a hasty depart to it.

"That was close." I say out of breathe from the dash as Ruby yawns and Yang relaxing into a chair.

"yeah…too close." Was all Ruby could say as I nudged her along with us to a few empty chairs to sit in.

The ride was going rather relaxing as the waves rocked us softly together.

Yang after a bit more peace and quiet turned to me. "Thanks for today Ulric. You really know how to treat a girl."

I scratch my cheek from the compliment. "Well when I've been with you two for this long, it's only natural."

Her eyes keep looking at me with a sense of passion as she leans closer.

"Well let me thank you anyways." Without warning she placed her lips on my cheek as I went stiff from shock.

"Me too…" was all Ruby said taking my arm into a nuzzle as I sit there at a loss for words.

"Looks like I finally made you speechless." Yang said with a tease making Ruby and I groan in unison.

"Yaaaaang!"

She just only snickered as we enjoyed the rest of the ferry ride over to Patch, our home.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

97.7K 1.2K 11
You're a fan of RWBY but unfortunately, so is this guy who bullies you. One day, an inexpiable accident in the space time continuum leaves god with n...
2K 6 24
your sent to the rwby world with a game system i thought it would eb fun to rewrite my old story so enjoy or don't i don't care i'm still crap at spe...
525 11 10
My first OC adventure. Hope you enjoy it.
76.8K 883 28
you are Y/N Sparda, son of sparda, after kyrie died on your world, you settled on the another world called remnant. when you arrived on remnant, you...