Dawn Arises

Av Katherine-Jesse

Sequel to The Reborn Cullen 'Keep Katherine out of this' - Jacob Black She hated that she loved him, after a... Mer

So sorry!
Home is where the heart is
I will
Dreams
Run
Back
Watch it
Goodnight love
Leave me
Visit
Waging War
Arrival
Arrival
Keys and Collars
Come to this
Blind
To the end of time
Live
New book
Should I?
Another book?
Books

Artifice

3.3K 100 0
Av Katherine-Jesse

       Later that night we went to the campsite. But I exchanged my shoes for cute snow boots Alice had got me. She did shopping for everyone, even when we didn't want her to. I watched as Jacob got firewood, and Benjamin played with the fire on one finger.

Jacob tossed the wood down, watching Benjamin with a serious face. Benjamin just grinned at him before switching to four fingers, waving his hand at the wood sending fire flying towards the logs.

    It lit up in flames and I flinched. "Now that's what i'm talking about." Jacob muttered as the fire grew, turning into a small bonfire. Jacob came and sat on one of the trees we had torn down, taking his place next to me and Benjamin took his next to his mates. "Little pre-battle bonfire, telling war stories." he rubbed his hands together and I looked at him.

There was only Benjamin and Tia, everyone as was still as they did not care for any of it.

    Jacob looked around, "Or standing there like freaking statues." he muttered and Benjamin laughed, looking at him.

    Garrett rushed over, swaying as he landed on the log faster than a human blinking "Name an american battle, I was there." he told Jacob and I smiled, glad nobody was protesting him considering he was a werewolf.

    "A little bighorn." Jacob tested and I raised an eyebrow. There was a battle named that? I wasn't much of a history buff, I believed now that if I needed to know it, I would have been there. My vampire motto.

    Garrett looked into the fire and put his fingers an inch apart as he shared "I came this close to biting Custer, the Indians got him first." and I just played with my hands as I listened.

    Kate came, landing on Garretts lap quickly "Try Oleg's assault on Constantinople." she informed, and Garrett stared up at her. He truly liked her, even though they weren't mates. "He didn't win that one on his own." she scoffed lightly and I grin.

    "If you're talking battles, you're talking about the Eleven years war. No one does rebellion like the Irish." Liam, the leader of the Irish coven, brags and I furrow my eyebrows. They didn't win.

    I wasn't the only one who thought that as Garrett stated "You lost the Eleven years war." and I watched their reactions, Liam, his mate and the last coven member who was my age.

    "Aye but it was one hell of a rebellion." he cheered and I laughed, everyone came around to share war stories. It was one hell of a group.

________________________________

The next day we stood in the field. I stood on my own, shortly behind Bella, Edward and Renesmee. Jake was with the other wolves. Soon the Volturi came, the entire Guard with them. Aro Caius and Marcus made their way to the front. Jane and Alec were a few feet behind them, Irina in tow. She was shocked to see her coven here.

    I heard a wolf howl, earning a few surprised looks from the guard. The wolves came into view snarling and howling, weaving their way into our group. Seth went to Renesmee as Jake came to me. I didn't take my eye off the Volturi, or loosen my tense figure.

    If Jacob got hurt, I would rip Aro's head from his body and light a fire so big it would match his red eyes. I watched Aro take off his hood, I saw Demetri and Felix look to me, after all Demetri and I had had a fling early on, though it meant nothing but he and I had been the closest. I give him a stony look that he returns. Everyone took off their hoods as well.

    We stood a few hundred feet apart, but with our hearing we would be fine. Even the wolves could hear all of it. The Volturi outnumbered us by a great deal. I shot my gaze to Carlisle as he went up to the head of the group, knowing it was his place to speak as our Coven leader.

"Aro. Let us discuss things as we used to. Civilized." he greeted, attempting to diffuse the hostile air.

    "Fair words Carlisle. But a little out of place with the battalion you've assembled against us." Aro assumed, it was a bit of a battalion, but we said we were going to use them as witnesses, which I hope we did because I did not want to fight against Jane. As long as Renesmee was accepted, we would all be fine.

    "I promise you, that was never my intent." Carlisle assured and Aro didn't seem to believe him, "No laws have been broken." Carlisle informed him and Caius cocked his head angrily.

    "We see the child, do not treat us as fools." Caius spat and I harshened my gaze on the blond idiot. He and all his little guard members were fools. For ever believing in or following Aro.

    This seemed to set Carlisle off as he announced, the only anger I had ever seen in him, "She is not an immortal!" he looked at all the guard before turning to Renesmee and everyone, "These witnesses can attest to that." he faced Aro suggesting "Or you can look." he gestured to my young niece, "See the flesh and human blood in her cheeks.".

    "Artifice!" Caius yells out, angered at the thought he was wrong, which he almost always was but Aro was in control as he raised his hand to calm his friend.

    "I will collect every facet of the truth." Aro announced as he looked to me, then Edward. "From someone more central to the story. Edward. As the child clings to your newborn mate. I assume you are involved." he takes a few steps forward, raising his hand showing Edward what he wants, to read his mind.

    Edward made his way over, saying goodbye to Renesmee who made her way between Seth and Bella. Bella, who had apparently found her power seemed upset.

But Edward finally reached Aro, who took his hand. He seemed amazed as he looked to the sky. Then his face fell, realizing what this meant. "I'd like to reassure the circumstances." Aro murmured as Edwards hand dropped, I stiffened as Aro looked to me. "Katherine?". I knew it was made to be a question, but it was really a demand.

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

199K 4.4K 36
A new coven shows up in Forks. Luciana Rossi and her very large family/coven show up Bella's senior year ready for a new start. They slowly learn how...
256K 5.4K 17
Eliza Cullen is the youngest and the only half vampire in the Cullen family. When she was sixteen years old she had gained the trust of an unlikely C...
511K 18.6K 32
❝ And then it hit her. It was the way he would tell cheesy jokes, and text her first thing in the morning. It was the way he would give her piggyback...
177K 7.7K 42
It's been a few months since the Volturi incident, and life was finally returning to normal. Mavis is navigating through the ups and downs of regular...