My First and Last

By jaemyths

γ…‘ in this game called love, the first one to fall loses. NCT's Jaemin returns from hiatus only to find out th... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
NOTE: MUST READ!
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Questions
Answers
EPILOGUE
Announcements
MY FIRST AND LAST 2

Chapter 4

21.1K 652 516
By jaemyths

Chapter 4

The nine of them boarded the bus and occupied the seats upstairs. They were all wearing disguises aside from Haejin. And she must say, it's quite effective because no one's approaching them, it's a disguise after all.

"Lucky you, Haejin-ah. Savor this moment while it lasts," Mark whispered.

"Yeah, once you debut, you can't have these kinds of moments anymore," Jeno added.

The bus started moving. A familiar tune starts to play.

Chew, chew, chew, chew, chewing gum
Chew, chew, chew, chew, chew, chew, chew, chew, chew
Chew, chew, chew, chew, chewing gum

Haejin flinched. She shouldn't scream here. Aside from it would be embarrassing because the members are here to see her, it would also be embarrassing because they're on a bus.

"Look, it's your song," Haejin whispered to the members.

"Shhh, they don't know it's us," Jisung said.

Haejin rolled her eyes, "That's why I'm whispering, right?"

The other members laughed. Mark was right, she will have a good time here.

"Where are we going?"

"N Seoul Tower."

***

"Jisung-ah don't run!!" Taeyong shouts as he follows Jisung.

They just arrived at the top of the tower.

Haejin smiled, admiring the view. She fished her phone out of her pocket and took a photo.

They went to the bridge in which there are locks. She saw a bench and sat down.

She sighed and looked at the members who looked like they were having the best time of their lives. 'Are they that busy even to come out of their dorms? Is it their first time here?'

"Oh, you're quiet. What's bothering you?" Taeyong asks as he sits down beside Haejin.

"Nothing, just a bit tired... " She said, then turning to Taeyong once she remembered something, "Taeyong-oppa?"

"Hmmm?"

"Is it your first time here?"

Taeyong shook his head, "No. To dream, yes. We went here to film a season of NCT Life before. I was with Winwin, Yuta, Jaehyun, Kun, and Doyoung."

"Oh... right, I remembered. You played the perfect pitch game right?" Haejin chuckled.

Taeyong laughed, "Yeah! And Winwin sounded like he emphasized all the syllables!!"

"Dream looks like they're having fun.."

"Yeah since it's we're always busy. Especially dream, they just had their comeback. It's just a pity that Jaemin isn't here..."

Haejin looked down.

Yeah, it's such a pity.

"I have some questions to ask, Haejin-ah. If you do not mind."

"Sure, what is it?"

"What did you perform at the audition?"

"Hmmm, Taeyeon-sunbae's 'UR'."

Taeyong looked at her, quite surprised. "Really?! That's a really nice song! You need to sing for us soon!"

Haejin chuckled, "Soon enough."

"How old are you, Haejin-ah?"

"I'm fourteen. About to turn fifteen this May."

"YOU'RE ONLY FOURTEEN!?"

Haejin nodded and laughed.

"Woah, Jisung isn't the youngest anymore..."

"Last question."

"What is it?"

"How are you already fluent in Korean?!"

"Because I'm Korean...?"

***

"So... how are you, my dear sister?"

Haejin looked at the person who approached her. Mark sat down next to her.

She sighed and watch the fog it created vanish in front of her eyes. She honestly finds it entertaining.

"Oh, it's you... I'm fine. I'm really happy."

Mark looked at her, "Doesn't look like it."

She raised a brow, "I swear! I'm happy!"

"Okay, fine."

A silenceㅡbut a comforting one occurred.

It's been years since they last saw each other.

"I missed you, Mark."

Mark hugged his sister, "Aww, I missed you too, Haejin."

She hugged back. It's really been years.

"Oh, are you crying?"

Mark tried to look for his sister's face but she just buried his face in Mark's chest.

"Haejin-ah, what's wrong?"

"The thought of not being able to pass the audition again scares me. The audition memories from Cube entertainment won't leave my mind and I... thought that it would be the same again... They'd shout at me for being unprofessional... and I thought I'd never see you again."

Mark hugged his sister tighter.

"And then I-I... I auditioned... and it worked out... because I'm already here with you. When I called you before, I was just so scared..." She chuckled and wiped the tears forming in her eyes. "And up until now, it feels surreal."

She breathed in and continued, "I know that nothing's final yet, but I'm holding onto all of the hope in my body so that I would pass the screening tomorrow, become a trainee, and debut."

Mark was on the verge of crying. He didn't know that his sister has been through a lot while he was not around.

Although he doesn't want to admit it, he also missed his sister. Even though they always bicker when they were together back then.

Finally, she's with her brother.

"I'm sorry you had to experience those without me... I know that I promised you when we were younger that I'll always be your partner in crime. But I also had to chase my dream while it's still there." Mark sighed. He looked at his sister who's still silently looking at the stars.

"I know and I understand. I couldn't go here because mom... you know how protective she is, right? But I also chased my dream... she let me go here... finally..."

Mark patted his sister's back. It was like the old days when Haejin would cry because she got wounded.

It was like the old days when Haejin would cry because their mom scolded her for being so naughty.

Now, it's the present. But it seems like 10-year-old Mark and 7-year old Haejin are back at it again.

Haejin wiped her tears and then she hugged her brother again.

"Don't cry like that again, okay? Jaemin will get mad if he sees you like that. Plus, you'll only embarrass yourself," Mark teased.

"Oppa!" He doesn't even know me.

She separated from the hug and wiped her tears, "I'm sorry if I broke down a bit."

Mark smiled at her, "As if I'm not used to." He chuckled. "It's okay, at least now, you feel better."

Haejin leaned her head on her brother's shoulder.

"Don't worry... I'm here now once again... I will be there when you need me."

"I trust you with that, brother."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.1K 1.7K 59
Β« My family left me when I needed them the most... everyone did. This is like that, it's my life Β» Highest ranks: - #1 jisungnct - #1 huangrenjun - #...
73.8K 4.2K 55
sequel to home β€Ί jaemin! ❝when does this all end?❞ κ’° there's a new girl in town. and she brings many secrets with her. will the group be able to unco...
195K 7K 21
❝So, who's our last new classmate?❞ ➢ fetus writing ➢ unedited ©DONGHYUQUE , 2018
12.9K 688 38
β‚Šβœ©β€§β‚ŠΛšΰ±¨ΰ§ŽΛšβ‚Šβœ©β€§β‚Š nct dream x oc. "five down one to go πŸ˜…. i feel like a pimp or something rn lol" wherein dani's friends are embarrassed over the la...