Those Who Are Lost (Descendan...

By LilLostLady

A plan was set into motion years earlier than in the original when Maleficent decided that Fairy Godmother's... More

The Isle of the Lost: Kidnapped
The Isle of the Lost: Run and Hide
The Isle of the Lost: Jay and Mal
The Isle of the Lost: Jane's First Year
The Isle of the Lost: Jane's Second Year Part II (Carlos)
The Isle of the Lost: Jane's Third Year (Evie)
The Isle of the Lost: Jane's Fourth Year (Too Nice)
The Isle of the Lost: Jane's Fifth Year (Rotten)

The Isle of the Lost: Jane's Second Year Part I

123 4 0
By LilLostLady

Thirteen months since Jane first arrived and currently she was eating her first as Jay called it soggy food at Ursula's Fish and Chips it wasn't awful all things considered but it wasn't good either still it was her first time at a restaurant in recent memory and well those other memories were firmly in don't talk about it don't think about it category.

Suddenly the doors swing open and her blue eyes follow the sound to find a very wet and extremely pissed off Mal storming in, "New look?" The glower she sent Jane's way would've sent a lesser person running but well she's familiar with the other girl's attitude by now.

"Harry Hook... where is he?" It was a demand, one that you didn't not answer if you knew what was good for you but one glance around Jane just shrugged, "Not here, why?"

As if it wasn't obvious, "Because I'm gonna kill him!" Storming over she grabs a handful of fries off of the other girl's plate before glaring at anyone who so much as looked at her funny before once again making a dramatic exit.

After a few beats to make sure the girl wasn't going to come back in the brunette kicks someone underneath the table causing them to curse, "You owe me some fries now."

The person in question crawls out from under it and grins his pirate in training grin, personally, Jane thinks it makes him look more like the Mad hatter than a Hook, but she digressed. "You know I'm good for it."

"Uh huh." He'd conveniently forget later and then never be as he said, 'good for it', "Pay up now or I might suddenly see you and go get Mal."

His hands raised in surrender, "Alright, alright girly I'll go get you yer fries."

And to think pirates used to scare her and now she was hiding one albeit one in training under her table from her 'adopted sister' the world works in mysterious ways.

A minute later a new plate of fries drops in front of her, "Yay my favorite!" The girl mock claps, the pirate boy just rolls his eyes and plops down into an empty seat at her table, "So what happened with Mal I didn't get the full story before you dove under the table."

"A minor disagreement is all." Uh huh minor.

"One where you shoved her into the water?" She says around a mouthful of fries, manners aren't really so important anymore after all.

He shrugs and snatches a fry, "You know she can't swim right and get your own damn fries."

"I did I just gave them to you." He tries to steal another, but she yanks the plate away with a hiss and he gives up for the moment.

-

Fifteen months and Jane had all but put her previous life in behind her mostly because it hurt to think about but partly because it was the dream, and this was the reality and she knew which one she lived in now.

"Hey Jane, can I ask you a question?" The purple haired girl asks one day while the two of them and Jay are lounging around after school, "You just did," the girl teased.

"Smartass," she swats her, "I was just wondering... you were an Auradon kid right I mean before..." It was unlike Mal to be so unsure with her words but there it was, Jay on the other hand who had been tossing an apple up and down was taken off guard and missed the catch which resulted with it hitting him in the face.

Fortunately for him, rotten fruit is softer even apples.

"Yeah... I was before I was kidnapped, why?" The girl asks trying to sound uncaring of the subject.

"What was it like?" The other girl asks, "It was... different."

"How?" Mal asks again, "Just different, more food... and well just different is all."

"You mean better?" The girl huffed, "I don't know. I guess, maybe. I don't really remember so let's just drop it!" She didn't want the two of them to know that talking about it upset her but too late now she supposed.

"Alright," Jay says while rubbing his face trying to think of a way to get rid of the awkwardness that had descended, "So-"

Mal doesn't get the memo apparently though, "Who are your parents?"

"Why's that matter?" The brunette said defensively.

"Because that's why mom had you kidnapped right because of them and your ability to do magic inside of the barrier?" The girl kept pushing despite Jay trying to motion at her to cease the questioning.

"It doesn't matter." The stubborn girl glares at her 'sister'.

"It does!" The girl glares right back at her.

"No, it doesn't!" She throws her hands up in the air.

Mal presses on, "Yes it-"

Then finally Jay has had enough, "Mal drop it, she's here now so that's all that really matters in the end... right?"

The both go quiet.

"So, you really don't remember?" The dark fairy's daughter asks finally her eyes looking for something that Jane doesn't understand.

"That's what I said."

And that was that Mal dropped it and never brought it up again even when others introduced themselves via their parents and Jane's response as always when it was directed at her was to say she didn't have any.

Jay not wanting conflict because he dealt with it enough at home also never mentioned it again not even when their group grew from three to five or in the years following that.

-

One year and five months into her stay saw Jane and Mal once again outside of the Evil Queen's castle.

"You know she's not dumb enough to stand at the window with it opened again so why are we even wasting our time?"

Mal swats down and shh-ing her while yanking her down as well, "Wait for it," before she can ask what she's waiting for she sees it.

"Is she leaving the castle?" Jane questions bewildered, "Not only is she leaving but she's sneaking out, see?"

Her blue eyes take a closer look and she catches into what Mal is talking about, she's being shifty and looking over her shoulder constantly meaning she hasn't gotten permission from her mom to leave.

"Looks like the princess is going to grace us with her presence we should go greet her."

"Yes, I'm sure a nice hello is exactly what you had in mind."

"Come on," Mal grabs her arm and soon the two are tailing the bluenette from the castle grounds into the busy street of one of the main markets.

After a while of watching her look around in wonder like the poor sheltered girl that she is the purple haired menace decides to rear her head, "See that stand right there?"

"Yeah?" The girl looks to the trinket stall, "That one is vicious when he catches you stealing from him."

"And you want us to..." She knew where this was going, "We're gonna give the princess a valuable life lesson is all."

"Yes, That's what this is... Okay, how do you wanna do it?"

Mal smirks evilly, "Okay here's the plan, I look interested in something there and while his attention is on me you levitate one of those... that one necklace right there into her pocket, make it noticeably sticking out though."

"You didn't have to tell me that last part." It was obvious that's what she had in mind.

"I know just covering all my ground," She winks, "Wish me luck."

"You don't need it," she laughs, "I know."

Mal walks up and starts browsing and well, all the stall owner's attention is on her and why wouldn't it be? If anyone was going to steal or rip him off it'd be Maleficent's daughter.

However today it'd be someone else or at least it'd look like someone else really this was all Mal's fault despite her not protesting it though she could look at it this way she was just practicing her magic.

The next few minutes went as the villain in training had planned and once the stage was set she signaled Mal to let her know and of course the drama queen acted, "Oh what a nice necklace you've got there," for good measure she motioned to the pocket not that it was needed as the stall owner's beady little eyes zeroed in on it right away.

"Oh," Evie says startled, "I've no idea how that got there." It was a genuine surprise but the man didn't buy it and roughly grabbed her arm with a cry of 'thief', "Please I didn't steal anything here," reaching into her pocket to give it back she managed it only further incriminate herself as she pulled out more than just the necklace.

It even took Mal by surprise, Jane had really outdone herself this time.

Though at the girl's panicking the former Auradon felt a little bad it really did remind her of herself when she arrived on the island... maybe that's why she didn't mind doing this as much when it came to Evie or maybe she really was just that mean now.

"Pay up or face the consequences," the little girl was close to tears at this point and Mal had back away from the scene to stand by Jane content to watch the fall out sadly it wasn't to be as just then the Evil Queen made an appearance and saved her from punishment.

"Man this sucks," Mal pouted as the Queen and her little princess left, "There's always next time."

"Well at least one good thing came of it," the brunette looks her way curiously, "that you made the princess cry?"

Grinning Mal spoke, "Okay two things then," having said that she produced a beaded bracelet and Jane blinks, "I didn't think you liked jewelry and just when did you swipe that?"

"I've been taking cues from Jay and you're right I don't like jewelry but it's not for me." With that, she hands it over to the surprised villain in training beside her.

"It's for me?" She couldn't recall the last time someone gave her something without anything in return.

"Don't make a big deal about it just put it on."

Not arguing she does just that, "Come on you've got training it's best to not keep mother waiting."

"Right." The girl nods while trying to keep her eyes off of her new bracelet.

"Oh and Jane Happy Birthday."

She blinks, it was her birthday... she'd completely forgotten but it appeared that Mal didn't.

She smiled and for a minute she was happy but then the minute was over and the real world set in.

It was time to go home to Maleficent.

She didn't even realize that it'd been home to her for a while now and not because the young fairy wanted it to be but because she had nowhere else.

Home apparently was not always where the heart was.

-

A year and a half on the Isle found Jane hanging around Ursula's Fish and Chips only this time it was more hiding there from Maleficent's temper, it was just one of those days.

Looking around for something to do to pass the time she sees Gil and Uma, "Hey, Uma, Gil."

The shorter girl glares, "So you do know my name," Jane rolls her eyes, "Well I didn't think it was Shrimpy I mean your mom's not that evil." Even for a villain was silently tacked on.

"Hehee Shrimpy..." Gil chuckles and gets hit in the stomach by the temperamental girl he was laughing at.

Ignoring the last bit of the other girl's sentence and Gil, for the most part, the pirate wannabe places her hands on her hips, "You still called me by it though." Her lips were pursed at the thought.

"Of course, I did, you're either with Mal or you're against her there is no in-between." The sea girl frowns, "Then be against her!"

The villain in training shakes her head, "Been there done that not going back."

"Why, surely you aren't afraid of her?" Afraid of Mal no but afraid of not having her around or even worse having her hate her again... yeah, not an option at least not one the little girl wanted to entertain.

"I'm not but it's a hassle to be Mal's enemy but then again I suppose you know that."

Leaning against the outside of the restaurant she continues, "I didn't come here to talk about Mal though, in fact, I was just bored and wondering if there was something you wanted to do?"

"Not with one of Mal's lackeys!" She thunders before grabbing the shirt of the boy beside her, "Come on Gil we're leaving," watching them head inside of her mom's restaurant Jane sighs, "speaking of lackeys."

"Oh well, I tired." Shoving off of the wall she glances around but sees no one worth talking to, "Maybe Jay's free... where would he be lurking at this time of day though?"

With that, she leaves the pirate area and heads to where the shops are it was the most likely place to run into Jay speaking of run into...

Next thing she knows she is getting plowed into by a small boy though with the way they collided she was almost certain that he was part bus.

"Ow." The two say laying in a pile of tangled limbs before the boy comes to his senses and jumps away from her.

"Sorry," looking behind him a scary looking man is lumbering their way, "Gotta run."

And with that, the black and white blur takes off again.

"He's fast..." Jane stands up dusting off specks of dirt and taking one last look at the way the boy went before shrugging it off and continuing her search for Jay.

The brunette didn't give the boy another thought and went about her day as usual.

Three months later though they will collide into each other's lives again and that's when it sticks.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

276K 5.1K 24
(Y/N) hearts daughter of the queen of hearts is sent to auradon prep with her four best friends to steal the wand. Will she be able to make her mothe...
56K 974 14
When Prince Ben declares that he wishes to bring over some of the villain children to Auradon, this allows not four -- but five VK's to stir up some...
193K 3.3K 15
Rose Heart was a girl raised by her mother, the Queen of Hearts. Her mother had died of an illness when she was 5, since they did not have the proper...
9.8K 194 15
It's almost summer. Carlos,Evie,Mal and Jay. Sons and Daughters of the worst villains ever lived. After defeating maleficent the Vk's decided to st...