Goodluck ; Meanie

By gochii_

In which Jeon Wonwoo is truly, madly, deeply, in love with the ever studious Kim Mingyu. More

Adore U
Mansae
Aju Nice
Boom Boom
Don't Wanna Cry
Without You
Epilogue: Clap
Thanks [AUTHOR'S NOTE]

Pretty U

751 28 12
By gochii_

° I want to pick and gather all the pretty words for you
They stick in my throat in front of you.
I promise myself while drinking a glass of water in the morning, to tell you
I will confess what has been on the tip of my tongue tomorrow
You are pretty, °

2 months after the incident in Mingyu's room and the two were closer than ever. They were pretty much aware of the growing feelings they had for each other but are too shy to admit. On times when Mingyu is stressed and busy with his studies, Wonwoo would always take him out for a cup of coffee or join him as he sleeps. When Wonwoo is not working, Mingyu would use Wonwoo's body to study, pointing out which part are which and pretending like Wonwoo's body is the real thing. On random days, Mingyu, Wonwoo, Jun and Minghao would hangout at the arcade and bet on who will win at certain games. It's quite amusing and weird for the two to be extremely close in a short amount of time.

The courage hit Wonwoo at the 27th of September. Mingyu and Wonwoo are now inseparable and Wonwoo wanted to kick it up a notch. Wonwoo thought it's finally time to confess to the younger. Wonwoo got home from his work and hurriedly opened his laptop to search for beautiful places to confess to the person you love. Wonwoo want it big but not too explosive, beautiful but not scandalous. He looked for the perfect restaurants, beautiful parks nearby, even went far and search for a beautiful place in Anyang, Mingyu's hometown. Wonwoo is not sure if he should go far or stay near the vicinity of Seoul. The search result gave the same answers. Almost everything it says is cliché or overdone. Wonwoo wanted it different. He was on the internet for less than an hour and Wonwoo already felt drained. If he wasn't able to find the perfect place to do it then he might have to move the confession to next time.

Wonwoo felt his phone vibrate from his pockets. He took it out and saw that it was a message from his father asking if he brought the hiking bag along with him when he moved to Seoul. That's when it hits him. He replied to his dad before going back to the internet to search for mountains that are good for hiking and is the easiest to hike. When Wonwoo was young, his father would always bring him when hiking mountains. His father said he wanted Wonwoo to appreciate the beauty of nature, not just what we see when we're at the bottom but what we see when we're at the top, which is everything. You can see the sun setting, the beautiful trees surrounding the area, birds flying across them, just nature in general. Wonwoo's father only took Wonwoo to hiking. They would often invite his mom but his mom wasn't really into doing physical things. Since then, hiking was the way of bonding for Wonwoo's father and him.

"Do you sometimes wonder why I only took you to hiking?" His father asked once they were at the summit of the mountain, admiring the view. "Because you have no friends?" A 15 years old Wonwoo joked. His father let out a laugh and ruffled Wonwoo's hair. "It's because you only take the most important person with you. When I said that you should appreciate what we see at the top of the mountain, I wasn't just talking about nature, I was also talking about the people you'll be with. Take someone who deserve your appreciation and love. Take the person you're willing to give everything to because if you love someone so much, they will be a part of your nature. They will also be a part of you." His father explained thoroughly. With that memory in mind, he knew he needed to take Mingyu to top of the mountain.

"Hello." Mingyu greeted As he answered Wonwoo's phonecall after 3 rings. "You're free this upcoming Sunday right?" Wonwoo asked. Mingyu doesn't have classes on that day and it's only when the two get to spend the whole day together. "I guess so, why?" Mingyu asked. "Let's go hiking." Wonwoo invited. Mingyu took a second to reply. "Wait, are you serious?" Mingyu assured. "Do you even know how to hike?" Mingyu added. "I'm not joking Mingyu and yes, I know how to hike. I'll bring everything that we need, i just need your presence with me." Wonwoo exclaimed. Mingyu didn't reply for almost a minute, "Sure, i'm up for experiencing something new." Wonwoo was relived that Mingyu agreed. He wouldn't know any other place to confess to the latter. "Okay, i'll see you on Sunday!" Wonwoo exclaimed.

Wonwoo spent the next day planning for their hike. First, he searched for great mountains near Seoul with a great view. He ended up picking the Ulsanbawi rock in Seoraksan National Park. It was a 3 hour ride from Seoul and a 4 hour hike but the pictures online makes Wonwoo believe that the hike would be worth it. The Ulsanbawi rocks offers the panoramic view of Daechongbong, Sokcho, and the East Sea, making it the perfect place for them. Wonwoo just hoped that Mingyu is physically fit to take the hike. After searching for the place, Wonwoo prepares their equipment. He looked for the hiking bag that was hidden in his storage alongside different stuffs. He found a box that contains hiking supplies such as bags, boots, hiking pole and more. He took the dusty box out of the confined space and into the living room. He cleaned everything, making it seems like it's all brand new. Wonwoo also texted Mingyu about what to wear and things to bring.

Mingyu slept over at Wonwoo on Saturday. They have to leave early for the hike so Mingyu decided to just sleep in Wonwoo's house the day before. They spent their time chatting, mostly Mingyu pestering Wonwoo about where they'll be going. Wonwoo wanted it to be a surprise so he didn't gave Mingyu any information about their daytrip.

Mingyu was first to wake up the next day. He trudged his way to the kitchen, hoping to make the two them some breakfast. His perseverance were quick to falter when he saw Wonwoo's partially empty pantry. Mingyu let out a huff before deciding on what to cook with his limited resources.

Wonwoo woke up late to a sound in the kitchen. He thought someone has already raded his house but quickly remembered that Mingyu was there too. He shuffled his way to the Kitchen to see Mingyu setting up the dining table. Wonwoo was awestruck by the scene, happy to not have ramen for breakfast today.

"You know what, I should just let you live here and cook for me so I can stop eating instant ramen all day." Wonwoo suggested as he took a seat by the island. "Maybe I will. I can't stand your pantry. Do you even eat anything other than ramen?" Mingyu questioned. He cleaned his workspace before sitting in the dining table that soon joined by Wonwoo. "Not the best combination but it's all I've got." Mingyu explained as Wonwoo scanned the foods in front of him. There were pancakes, sunny side up eggs and fried rice on the table. "This is one of the best breakfast I had since I moved here." Wonwoo complimented. They stopped talking as both were hungry so they just simply ate and enjoyed the breakfast. After eating, Wonwoo assigned himself to clean the dishes so Mingyu could prepare for their trip.

After an hour, both were ready to head out. They got in the car that Wonwoo rented for the day. They went out at 7am, bracing themselves for the long trip ahead. Wonwoo was driving and Mingyu is at the passenger's seat. They put on some music, songs that they both agreed to. They didn't bother turning on the air conditioner and just let the morning breeze hit their face through the opened window. They were chatting about Wonwoo's experience about hiking. How his father would always bring him when he was young. They shared great memories and Wonwoo was willing to tell them to Mingyu. Mingyu listened, putting in his comments in some part of the story. Their 3 hours trip was extended since they stopped over a coffee shop to buy coffee for the two of them.

When they reached the park, they asked for assistance for their hike. One of the staff was more than happy to assist them as he led the couple to the starting point. He oriented the two about the mountain, sharing it's history, things to do when hiking and warnings.

"Always be aware of your surroundings. Watch out for animals like snakes and make sure not to disturb them or their territory. Never go off trail." He reminded. "This line right here," The staff said as he pointed to the red line, "is the line that you have to follow. There will be signs along the way but it's better to check the map as well. You guys are complete on equipment right?" The staff member asked. The two looked at each other before nodding their head as to say yes. The staff double checked their equipments and soon they were good to go. Mingyu and Wonwoo were both donning their baseball cap to protect themselves from the heat.

"Are you ready?" Wonwoo asked as the staff member left them. Mingyu gave him a reassuring nod and soon they were off to climbing the steep mountain. The two were off to a great start, with Wonwoo leading the way and Mingyu following after. 30 minutes has gone by and Wonwoo could already hear small panting sounds from the younger. Wonwoo stopped in his tracks as he realized that Mingyu needs a short break. By then, Wonwoo knew that this hike will be longer than he expected.

Halfway through the mountain, Wonwoo caught sight of a white flower. He took the flower without Mingyu noticing him. He scanned it, twirling the flower in between his fingers. He pinched out a petal while saying in his mind, "He loves me,"

"He loves me not, " Wonwoo kept on going as he took out the petals one by one.

"He loves me,"

"He loves me not,"

When he saw that he's already down to the last petal, a smile crept on his face. "He loves me," he thought as he took out the last petal. "What are you doing?" Mingyu suddenly questioned from behind. He look at the younger and shook his head, a huge grin plastered on his face, "it's nothing."

They were almost at the top when Wonwoo heard a faint sound coming from behind. He looked behind and he saw Mingyu with a handheld battery operated fan. Wonwoo gave out a laugh before jokingly scolded the latter. "You're supposed to sweat while hiking, Mingyu." Wonwoo said as he continue walking. "You know more than everyone that I hate sweating." Mingyu answered. To secretly mock the older, he turned up the fan to produce more air and a louder sound. Wonwoo looked back at him again, disbelief obvious in his face. He snatched the fan from Mingyu's hand earning an offended gasp from him. "Then maybe we can get those cold sweats out of you body."  Wonwoo stuffed the fan in his already filled bag. Mingyu was clearly annoyed by what Wonwoo did. Mingyu just let out an annoyed sigh before walking behind Wonwoo with loud steps. Wonwoo knew that he annoyed the other but he figured that it won't last long because of what he prepared for later.

After hours of walking and constant whines from Mingyu, they finally reached the summit. It was already in the middle of the afternoon when they reached the summit so it wasn't that hot. The breeze blew freely against them, sending shivers to the two. To say that the view was breathtaking is an understatement. Wonwoo missed the feeling of nature. He missed the scenic view of the mountain tops and how it made him feel fuzzy on the inside. It suddenly reminded him of his father and wished that he was there with him but he was glad to have Mingyu to accompany him. Mingyu was no exception to the view. It was his first time reaching a mountain summit and he knew that their tiring way up was worth it. He suddenly forgot how tired he was and just let the cold breeze to blow past him. He let out a huge sigh to release all the stress he's been having from school. It was a truly great way to have a break. Mingyu and Wonwoo stayed silent for a while, just letting their eyes feast with the beautiful scenery. They can see different shades of green, blue, and brown around them. Mingyu pulled out his camera as he snapped photos from the panoramic view offered by the summit. They explored the view, walking along the rocks to see everything. They were cautious of their steps but it didn't stop them from enjoying the beautiful scenery. They rested at the north side of the summit, putting their bags down and taking a seat by the rock.

"You like it?" Wonwoo asked as he stared at Mingyu. He waited for an answer but Mingyu just smiled, not giving a glance to the other. "To be honest, when you first invited me to hiking, I was reluctant to do it but now that i'm here, I'm glad that I didn't say no." Mingyu shared, still smiling as he scan his surroundings. Wonwoo just replied with a nod. After a while,Mingyu suddenly spared a glance at Wonwoo. Mingyu looked at him and said, "Thank you for inviting me here, Wonwoo. It's breathtaking, I love it." Wonwoo felt a blush crept on his face as Mingyu said those words. He was glad that Mingyu liked it. He was scared of not liking it because the process of getting there is quite tiring but he knew he has nothing to worry about. "Why go hiking all of the sudden?" Mingyu asked. Wonwoo looked at him and gave him a sincere smile as he remembered what they came there for. "My father would always bring me with him to hiking when I was young so I kinda missed it." Mingyu nodded at his answer. "My father once told me when we reached the summit one time to bring the person you love to the top of the mountain. In a way, when you enjoy and appreciate the nature, you make that person a part of your nature too. I thought my dad has no friends since he would only just take me with him. He would offer my mom but she would always declined because she said it was too tiring." Wonwoo laughed as he recalled the memories. "That's beautiful," Mingyu commented. Wonwoo suddenly stood up, surprising Mingyu with his actions. Wonwoo helped Mingyu stand up as well. They faced each other, waiting for someone to speak the first word.

"That's the reason why I took you here. I wanted this to be as unique as possible and remembering my father's words, I just know that this will be the perfect place to do it." Wonwoo admitted. Mingyu tilted his head in confusion though he has a small idea of what Wonwoo is talking about. "Ever since you slammed the hard covered book on the counter, scaring the living shit out of me, I knew that I have to get to know you. You were hard to approach because you were too busy so I relied on Minghao to tell me stuffs about you. Days later and I finally got to talk to you. The more you spoke that day, the more I knew that I'm infatuated to you. After the short coffee break, we were quick to catch up and got close instantly. I got to know you fully and get to be with you in most of yur free time." Wonwoo shared. "I wasn't sure when or how it all started. All I knew is that what i'm feeling right now is true. You are adorable and the way you hang out with me makes me shout Mansae or some sort of cheer. You completed my days without even me realizing it. You never left my mind and every time I saw you, my heart would always skipped a beat."Wonwoo continued. By now, Mingyu's heart was exploding. He never thought this moment will come. "Gosh, I talk too much. What I'm trying to say is that I like you, Mingyu. No, scratch that. I love you Mingyu. I love the way you disheveled your hair when your studying. I love the way you sleep. I love the way you cuddle into me. I love your eyes, your nose, your ears, even your butt. What I'm trying to say is that I love you so much that it hurts to know that you're not mine." Wonwoo finally confessed. Wonwoo practiced this all day making sure to make it as sweet as possible. Though it wasn't like what he practice, he knew that Mingyu received the message well. "You really do talk too much. I love you too, you idiot." Mingyu answered as he wrapped his arms around Wonwoo's neck into a hug. Wonwoo snaked his hands around Mimgyu's waist, bringing him closer. Wonwoo finally let out a sigh of relief, happy to have Mingyu feel the same way. "I was so scared you would say no." Wonwoo shared earning a chuckle from the other. "You know that I never say no to you." Mingyu answered. They faced each other, hands still still around each other, "Are we official now?"  Wonwoo asked just to be clear. Mingyu closed the gap between them as he kissed Wonwoo sweetly, glad to finally kiss the lips he's been dreaming for so long. Wonwoo was surprised at first but was quick to kiss the younger back. "Would that answer your question?" Mingyu asked once they parted from their very first kiss. Wonwoo just nodded in reply. Wonwoo leaned in this time, initiating the kiss, feeling Mingyu's soft lips against his.once they parted, they just knew that these words are needed to be said.

"I love you Mingyu,"

"I love you too, Wonwoo."

-----
I said that I won't be putting author's note in the chapters but I can't help it lol

Forgive me if my hiking writing skills sucks. I never actually tried hiking so I purely based their adventure on my imagination. Forgive me if it's too unrealistic or a bit lacking.

Yes, this story would include tons and tons of time skips. I'm trying to fit the whole plot in a few chapters and making the chapters too long might bore you out (every chapter is literally 3k+ words). If you would like me to extend the chapters to put in more details then feel free to tell me :--)

Oh and I need a better title for this story. I seriously had no idea what to name this so I just put Seventeen since it's inspired by Seventeen's title tracks. If you have any suggestion for a better title of this story, please do comment it or message me. Thank you everyone!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 73 12
A girl whose dream is to live in Korea finally achieves it but never expected a man to change her life.
9.6K 303 77
A story about a solo female artist and seventeen.. how their friendship will take turn and maje asahi the unofficial member of seventeen
11.8K 293 12
in which a rookie model fell in love with world-known artist, kim mingyu. [complete] [lowercase intended] cover by @delicatecy on tumblr! <3
20.7K 757 22
Title says it all...