Goodluck ; Meanie

By gochii_

In which Jeon Wonwoo is truly, madly, deeply, in love with the ever studious Kim Mingyu. More

Mansae
Pretty U
Aju Nice
Boom Boom
Don't Wanna Cry
Without You
Epilogue: Clap
Thanks [AUTHOR'S NOTE]

Adore U

1.9K 46 9
By gochii_

° So what I mean is, I want to know all of you
I'll sing you, U hoo,I'll sing you, U hoo
Even if my lips are dry, I need to say this baby
I adore you, I adore you, enough to get dizzy °

It was by the 10th of May when fate decided to change the life of Wonwoo. Wonwoo was just having his ordinary day, putting back the books in the proper shelves and helping customers with their needs. To say it simply, it was a normal day at the 17Carat Bookstore and for Wonwoo.

"Wonwoo!" Minghao, his co-worker, called. Wonwoo excused himself from the customer who's busy reading the synopsis of a certain book. "Hmm?" Wonwoo said as he approached the counter where Minghao is assigned at.

"I'm going out to buy coffee, want some?" Minghao asked as he took his wallet from his bag under the counter. Wonwoo refused the offer since he had coffee before coming to work. "Okay, suit yourself. Take over the counter for a second, i'll be really quick." Minghao stated before heading out the door. Wonwoo sat at the chair that Minghao used to sat on and waited for the customers to approach him.

10 minutes has passed and Minghao still hasn't come back. A few customers stopped by the counter to pay for the books that they like but the store wasn't busy. Wonwoo got a little bored, having no one to talk to and no customer to help. He decided to take a nap thinking that it wouldn't hurt to slack a bit on his job. Wonwoo was quick to fall asleep, not realizing the small sound the chime by the door made. A tall figure entered the store, scanning the books by the bookshelf. He took out a huge hard covered book, something about anatomy, scanned it and decided that he would actually buy it. The figure caught a glimpse of the sleeping boy by the counter and heaved out a disappointed sigh. He approached the counter while thinking on ways to scold his friend from slacking off.

"No wonder you can't pay the rent last month, you kept on sleeping on your job." The guy exclaimed. His words didn't registered as the boy kept on sleeping with his head down. Since he was actually buying something and not just to visit his friend, he decided to wake him up. He slammed the hard covered book at the counter, causing the sleeping boy to jolt up. He let out a small scream as he put his hand by his heart. To the guy's surprise, it wasn't his friend that was sleeping on the counter.

"Oh, I thought you were Minghao. Sorry to wake you up in a rude way." The figure apologized, giving Wonwoo the most genuine smile he could make.

"It's my fault, i'm sorry for the inconvenience." Wonwoo apogized as well, bowing at the customer. He saw the book by the counter so he asked if he would buy the book. The guy just nodded so Wonwoo scanned the book and asked for the payment.
"Umm, do you know where Minghao is?" The guy asked as Wonwoo counted the change. "He went out for a bit to buy coffee, he'll be back soon. Do you want me to tell him that you came?" Wonwoo asked as he handed his change. The figure pocketed the money and gave Wonwoo a smile. "Just tell him that Mingyu dropped by." The guy, whose name is Mingyu, as Wonwoo figured, answered.

"Mingyu? What are you doing here?" As if on cue, Minghao entered the store with a cup of coffee in one hand and a sandwich in the other. Minghao approached the two males to join in the conversation. "I dropped by to buy a book," Mingyu answered as he showed his now owned book. "And to tell you that we need new supplies." He added. Minghao gave him a nod after scolding him that it could wait until he's done with his work.

"I see you've met Wonwoo." Minghao said to change the topic. "Yeah," Mingyu replied coolly. Wonwoo was surprised by the sudden brought up of his name. He was too busy playing Wordscape that he didn't realize that they were still talking.

"Wonwoo, this is Mingyu," Minghao said, letting each other say their greetings. "And Mingyu, this is Wonwoo." He added.

"Nice meeting you Wonwoo." Mingyu greeted to which Wonwoo replied with a smile. After saying their greetings, Minghao shooed Mingyu as he was holding a line by the counter. Mingyu went on and said his goodbyes before heading out the door, a heavy book in hand.

After the small scene, Wonwoo and Minghao got back to their work. Minghao at the counter and Wonwoo going around the store. If the store wasn't busy, Minghao and Wonwoo would have a chat, helping each other to kill the sleepy mood made by the soft music on the radio.

When their shift officially ended, both males prepared themselves to go home. They closed the shop and went home together, separating by the intersection to go to their houses. While walking, Wonwoo pondered about Mingyu. Mingyu was the main star of their conversation a while ago. Wonwoo was curious and Minghao was glad to answer.

It turns out that Mingyu is preparing himself to be a surgeon. He wasn't sure in which particular area he specializes but Minghao said that Mingyu is still studying to get his license as a professional doctor. Wonwoo asked where Mingyu is from, something that Minghao didn't know, earning a few teases from Wonwoo for not knowing his friend that well. Minghao also shared that Mingyu and him were roommates for quite a while now. Mingyu gladly accepted the new kid from China even when Minghao was jobless that time. Minghao said that Mingyu is kind, hardworking but a bit nasty. He likes to sneeze in his hands and wipe it on someone else, something that Minghao scolded the boy about since being a doctor needs to be clean. Minghao shared so much about the guy that Wonwoo felt like he knew Mingyu himself. Wonwoo finds Mingyu highly intriguing so he promised to talk to Mingyu and to get to know him better.

Minghao was late on his afternoon shift at the 12th of May. Wonwoo was tired when Minghao entered the door an hour late. "Why are you so late?" Wonwoo asked, plopping himself to the nearest chair to take a rest. "I overslept." Minghao shrugged as he put his bag below the counter. Wonwoo just let out a sigh for the ignorance of Minghao.

Wonwoo realized that Minghao is not alone as he saw Mingyu took a seat by the study area. 17Carat Bookstore is like a bookstore and library mixed together. There's a small area where people can read or study. Wonwoo tilted his head towards Mingyu as to ask Minghao what he's doing here.

"Don't bother him. He needs to study for his exam." Minghao whispered but audible enough for Wonwoo to hear. Wonwoo just gave him nod,figuring that it is not the right time to have a conversation with Mingyu.

Mingyu came by the next day to study again, spending about 2 hours in the store to study the things he need to learn.

Same goes for the 14th of May,

And the 15th,

And the 16th,

By the time the 17th came, Wonwoo knew that he needed to approach Mingyu. Not only because he finds him interesting but also because Mingyu has been so stressed out these past few days. Wonwoo figured that the latter could use a little break.

Mingyu was studying intently, making sure to memorize every term that is needed. He studies the book, took down notes, then go back to memorizing them. For the past 5 days, all Mingyu did was to prepare his brain for the upcoming exam. Mingyu was in the middle of taking down notes when a dark shadow blocked the light. The shadow placed a post it note by the book that reads:

Coffee?

Mingyu looked up to see that the shadow who decided to disturb him was none other than Wonwoo. He gave him a quizzical look to what the notes means.

"You look like you need a break." Wonwoo claimed. Mingyu acknowledge that he indeed need a break. The bags under his eyes are getting bigger and his head is starting to get a bit dizzy. Mingyu knew he need to stop for a while but thinking that he need to pass the upcoming exam, he decided to ignore it.

"I can't, I need to finish this." Mingyu answered, bringing his gaze back to his written notes. "C'mon we'll be quick! We'll be back in no time. Besides, I can't leave the store for that long." Wonwoo persuaded. "And you can't go alone because?" Mingyu answered as he kept on reading. He wanted to ignore the invite so bad but he also wanted a dose of coffee. It might be the only thing he needs to push through the remaining hours left. "My treat." Wonwoo finally said, reluctant on spending twice the money for today. Mingyu quickly agreed thinking that he won't have to spend a penny. He packed his things up while Wonwoo wait for him by the door. Wonwoo left Kihyun, his other co-worker, in charge while he and Mingyu went out for some coffee.

Mingyu took a sip of the freshly brewed coffee and he could already feel the great taste melting in his mouth. He relaxed in his chair as he tried to let go all of the stress that he's having.

"I told you, you could use some." Wonwoo said as he drink his own cup of coffee.

"Thanks for the treat, anyways." Mingyu stated.

"No problem, as long as you get to rest." Wonwoo replied earning a smile from Mingyu.

"So what exactly are you studying for?" Wonwoo started. He have waited for almost a week just to have this conversation with Mingyu.

"Science." Mingyu answered. "But harder." Mingyu added. Wonwoo asked Mingyu what branch of science is he studying.

"Biology, anatomy, the doctor stuffs." Mingyu simply answered.

"Oh so you're a doctor?" Wonwoo asked even though Minghao already mentioned it to him.

"Not yet. I need to go through many exams and get my license. I still have a long way to go." Mingyu replied with an exasperated sigh. Wonwoo just nodded at his reply.

"How about you Wonwoo, what do you do?" Mingyu said, asking the question this time.

"Well, I work at the bookstore, as you may have noticed but I also sometimes do some proofreading in books. I have this thing with books, I guess." Wonwoo said, hoping that his answer wouldn't bore the younger.

"No wonder why you're walking around with those thick-rimmed glasses." Mingyu teased. He gave Mingyu an offended look to which the other took lightly.

"Seriously, could this get any bigger?" Mingyu said as he scanned the glasses that he borrowed from Wonwoo. Wonwoo though the looked cute in those glasses.

"It doesn't matter if its big or small, this helps me see things clearly." Wonwoo defended. "You're just lucky you have a perfect eye sight." Wonwoo scoffed. They change the topic and talked about anything and everything.

"Why do you study at 17Carat anyways? Why can't you do it at your place?" Wonwoo asked out of curiosity.

"4 of us lives in the apartment. Me, Minghao, Minghao's boyfriend, and this guy called Jihoon. Jihoon loves music so much, I can't really get some quiet time to study at home. 17Carat is a more comfortable place anyways." Mingyu explained.

"I'll give you our Facebook page, you could write what you just said so we can gain more great reviews." Wonwoo joked earning a laugh from Mimgyu.

"Maybe I will. Who knows, Minghao might get a raise for it." Mingyu said. They talked a bit more, from Wonwoo's favorite book to Mingyu's hometown. Wonwoo decided to tease Minghao that he found out Mingyu's hometown earlier than he did. Wonwoo also let the younger to take a quick nap once they finished their coffee. Mingyu had his head over his folded arms on the table. Wonwoo doesn't even realize it but he's already staring. To say that Mingyu is pretty was an understatement. Wonwoo was enamored by it. Wonwoo surrounded his life with fictions and made up characters that he find Mingyu so unreal. No one this beautiful and hardworking could possibly exist in the real world. Wonwoo took the opportunity to adore Mingyu while he was sleeping.

Mingyu had enjoyed his nap so bad that they didn't realize how long they were out. It wasn't until Kihyun had to phone Wonwoo to come back. Mingyu suddenly remembered about his exam and they both hurriedly went back. Wonwoo got scolded for a bit while Mingyu went back to where he left. Mingyu stayed for a few minutes until he decided he overcomes his stay. He said his goodbye to Wonwoo before taking the bus ride home.

The next day was Mingyu's examination. He was beyond nervous and he kept on rereading his notes. Mingyu was focused the whole time he was taking the exam. He wanted his hard work to pay off. He worked diligently, making sure to read the questions repeatedly and to ckeck his answers twice. An hour felt like an eternity for Mingyu as he sat on his chair, a pen in hand, and a test to solve. An hour did came to an end and that's when Mingyu let out an exhausting sigh. He was tired, yes, but he's glad that it's over. He went back home, though a little relaxed than before, but still nervous for the upcoming result. Their professor will email the result by tomorrow. He didn't bother vising the bookstore this time, not aware that Wonwoo is waiting for him to pass by the store.

"Wonwoo!" Mingyu practically screamed as he entered the bookstore the next day with a huge grin on his face. Mingyu was lucky that there were no customers around but Minghao still felt the embarrassment for his friend. "Are you even my friend?" Minghao asked jokingly. Mingyu shrugged off the remark and went to where Wonwoo is at.

"Guess what," Mingyu asked Wonwoo who just finished arranging the books in the teen fiction area.

"What?" Wonwoo questioned back, averting his attention from the books to the happy Mingyu.

"I passed the exams." Mingyu answered. Wonwoo's face lit up, congratulating the latter for succeeding. Wonwoo felt nice since Mingyu told him the news even if they just met for a week.

"You deserve it." Wonwoo said, earning a genuine smile and the earnest thank you from Mingyu. "That's why I'm inviting you later at my place. Just a small celebration since these past few days have been so hectic." Mingyu invited to which Wonwoo answered. "Yeah, I've witnessed it." Wonwoo agreed to come which made Mingyu happier. "Just a little thanks for the coffee the other day. It really helped." Mingyu added. Mingyu told Wonwoo to go with Minghao after their shift ends. Wonwoo said his last congratulations before saying goodbye to the other. Minghao and Wonwoo did their job as they wait for their shift to end. Once it did, they were quick to leave the store. They make sure to pass by the bakery to buy Mingyu a small cake.

Minghao ushered Wonwoo to their apartment. He entered the home to be greeted by a group of males.

"Hey guys!" Minghao greeted. The group welcomed him and told him to eat. They noticed that Minghao wasn't alone so they greeted Wonwoo as well. Mingyu emerged from the kitchen, rocking a floral apron and a serving spoon in hand. He saw Wonwoo by the door and he immediately went back to the kitchen. He came out without the apron and the spoon. He approached Wonwoo and introduced them to everyone else.

"Guys, this is Wonwoo. He works with Minghao at the bookstore." Everyone said their hi's and hello's before telling Minghao to taste the food that Mingyu prepared.

"We bought you a cake." Wonwoo said as they reached the kitchen. Mingyu thanked Wonwoo for the sweet gesture as he let him choose what he wanted to eat. Another thing to adore about Mingyu is that he's a great cook. It was Wonwoo's last visit to his family when he tasted something so delicious like the one Mingyu made. Wonwoo made sure to have a taste of everything.

It didn't took that long for Wonwoo to get close with Mingyu's friend. He met Minghao's boyfriend, Jun, which is also Chinese. He also met Jihoon who's taking to Soonyoung about a collaboration song or something. Seungcheol, Seokmin and Jeonghan are Mingyu's classmates who passed the exams as well. There were others who are also present like Jisoo and Hansol, who both came from America, Chan who's Minghao and Soonyoung's friend in dance class, and Seungkwan, the best friend of Hansol.

"I'm glad you got along with them. They can be pretty crazy but they're fun." Mingyu said while everyone else is engrossed in their own conversations. "I'm a friendly person, you know." Wonwoo answered. Mingyu let out a laugh and gave Wonwoo a sarcastic answer.

"To everyone who passed the exam!" Soonyoung exclaimed as he raised his glass of beer. Everyone else raised their glass. They said their cheers then took a drink for Mingyu and the other passers.

Everyone in the room is having fun, playing music from Jihoon's speakers and drinking beer. It was just like the old times for the group of friends. Everyone felt a bit tipsy, even Mingyu who promised himself to never over drink. Mingyujoined everyone in their conversation. They talk about their memories together and how they're planning to create one. Wonwoo was delighted to find 11 new friend he could hang out with. He won't be stuck with Minghao anymore, though he wasn't sure if it's a good orbad thing.

"You're adorable," Wonwoo said to Mingyu while most of them are already asleep. Wonwoo wasn't even aware that he's complimenting Mingyu for the past few minutes, something that he does when he's drunk. Mingyu, though a bittipsy as well, was sober enough to stop Wonwoo from his flirtatious actions and to take care of him. He made sure Wonwoo was comfortable in the sofa, not letting the guy to sleep on the floor. Mingyu went to his own bed after to take a rest as well.

Wonwoo might be a bit drunk but he knew that he was badly infatuated to the boy named Kim Mingyu.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.8K 293 12
in which a rookie model fell in love with world-known artist, kim mingyu. [complete] [lowercase intended] cover by @delicatecy on tumblr! <3
8.9K 426 8
Choi (Hong) Jisoo always has a dream of being together with his future alpha, but what if his future alpha is his best friend from childhood?
95.8K 3.9K 30
Where Wonwoo has trouble falling in love again and Mingyu just wants a one night stand
3.1K 73 12
A girl whose dream is to live in Korea finally achieves it but never expected a man to change her life.