Ready For Love Book 1

By intellectual212

Read to find out. More

Ready For Love
Chapter 2
CHAPTER 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
AUTHOR'S NOTE/ CALL FOR IDEAS
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Question For My Readers - Please Read Y'all
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
For The Lurkers and Biters
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
To Sequel or not to Sequel?
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
FOR THOSE WHO DON'T LIKE MY LEADING LADY
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
CHAPTER 60
I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!
FINAL CHAPTER - EPILOGUE

Chapter 21

69.9K 2.8K 1.1K
By intellectual212

***Sam look at God. He answered your prayer about another update lol. August and Kay-Kay in the M/M****

AUGUST P.O.V. -

“Uncle Aug, you’re supposed to smile?”

“You don’t smile on a passport photo Kay.” She stood on the side of me, as I was getting ready to take this picture. “Hold Unc glasses.”

She took the glasses from me and put them on. They were entirely too big for her face, but she thought she looked cool anyway. I saw her looking at herself through the glass of one of the freezers that held beverages. She was making rapper poses.  

“Kay, what you doing?” I laughed.

“Nothing.” She looked at me grinning.

 “Sir can you remove your hat as well.” The store clerk taking the picture said as she got the camera ready.

“Here Kay.” I put my snapback on her head. It came down over her eyes. I turned it backwards so she could see.

“I’m ready whenever you are.” The female store clerk  told me, motioning for me to stand in front of the white background.

“Aight. I’m ready.”  I looked at the camera plainly, not smiling.

“On three. 1, 2, 3,” She snapped the photo and looked at it.

“Let’s get one more. On three. 1,2,3.” She snapped the photo.

“We good?” I asked her.

“Yup, you can pick them up tomorrow.”

“Aight, thank you.”

“No problem.” She said walking behind the photo center counter.

“Uncle Aug, can we get some snacks?” Kay said holding on to the over-sized glasses on her face.

“What you want?”

“Twix and umm, Cheetos.” She smiled.

I grabbed her hand and we went to go find her snacks of choice. I got me some Flaming Hots and Gummie Bears. I don’t know why I loved Gummie Bears, but I was addicted to them things.

I paid for the items and we drove back to my apartment. Chay and Noonie had spent the night over a friend’s house.

I grabbed some clothes and was about to go back over Amber’s house, until Kay stopped me.

“Uncle Aug don’t go?” She had the saddest expression on her face.

“Hey, what’s wrong babygirl?” I dropped my things on the floor and picked her up.

“You always leave me for Ms. Amber. We…we…used to talk at night. We don’t anymore.” She laid her head on my shoulder.

“Aww Kay.” I kissed her forehead.

“And you’re leaving next week and I’m not going to see you at all.” She started to cry.

“Stop that Kay. Unc will be back and he going to bring you back something real nice. Okay?” She shook her head.

“Can I go with you over Ms. Amber house?”

It was either take Kay with me or stay in this cramped up apartment.

“Stay right here a second. I’mma call Amb, okay?”

“Okay.” She said sweetly and I put her down on the couch.

I went to call Amber.  She didn’t pick up. I suppose she was mad at me from earlier. I texted her instead, and she responded that it was alright.  

I asked Cha, and Cha said she could go. So me and Kay packed an overnight bag.

“Wait! We need my book Uncle Aug. I want you to read me a story.” She put the book in the bag, and we headed to Amber’s house.

 “Uncle Aug is this a mansion?” Kay asked me as she got out the car.

“Naw, but it is big ain’t it?”

She shook her head in amazement.

“It’s like my Barbie doll house.” I grabbed her hand and we headed inside.

“I wanna house like this.” She jumped up and down on the white marble floors in the foyer.

She broke away from my grip and ran down the hall.

“Kay!”

 “Huh?” She stopped.

“Don’t do that. This not your house. Take off your shoes.” She took off her shoes and sat them next to mine on a small rug by the door designated for shoes.

“Where I’mma sleep?”

“I gotta ask Amber. Amber!” I called.

Amber looked over the bannister before coming down the stairs.

“Is that my Kay?” She said with a bright smile.

Kay ran up to her, meeting her halfway at the stairs. Amber picked her up and hugged her.  “I like your house Ms. Amber.”

“Oh yeah, well you can come over anytime you want.”

 “Okay.” Kay put her finger in her mouth.

“You wanna see the pool?”

Kay’s eyes got super big. “Pool!?”

“Yeah, let’s go see.” Amber opened up the glass door that led to the pool, walked out and closed it.

I stood, watching them from the other side of the glass. I couldn’t hear what they were saying, but I saw Kay whisper something to Amber and Amber looked at me then started laughing. They continued their conversation and I saw Kay clapping and grinning.  

And I know this shit is about to sound extremely petty, but a nigga was starting to get jealous. I guess it was like, you being a parent to a child. Then they see somebody else parent, and wonder why you not as great as this other parent.

Maybe I was overthinking it, but in my mind, I was thinking maybe she liked Amber more than me cause she could provide her with things I couldn’t. On top of that, Amber didn’t even acknowledge my presence. It was like, she forgot I was here. She went straight for Kay.

I sat on the living room couch as they came back in.

“Uncle Aug, Auntie Amber said I can swim anytime I want. I gotta tell Chay and Noonie.” She said excited.

“Kay come sit here with Unc. Let’s talk.” I patted to the empty space next to me.

“No, I want to go with Auntie Amber. She’s gonna show me my room.”

“Auntie Amber huh?”  I cut my eyes at Amber. Amber just looked at me.

 “Auntie Amber can I see my room now?”

Her attention was drawn to Kay, who was pulling on her pants leg.

“Yes sweetie.” Amber took her upstairs.

I sat downstairs for literally an hour waiting for them to return and they didn’t. Wondering what the hell was going on, I went upstairs to find Amber reading to my niece. The book I was supposed to read to her in one of the guest rooms.

Kay seemed to be really into the story. Amb was sitting up on the bed next to her, and Kay was up under her, listening intently.  

“Once upon a time there was a little old woman and a little old man. The little old woman thought she'd make a gingerbread man. She rolled out the dough, and cut out the shape, and she put raisins for his eyes, and peppermints for his teeth, and put icing on his head for the hair. Then she put him in the oven, and when it smelled good, she opened up the door to take a peek and…”

“Kay, I thought I was supposed to read you the story?” I interrupted their little, whatever it was. I held my arms out for me to pick her up.

“No, I want Auntie Amber to do it. She makes funny voices like the people in the book when she reads.” Kay looked at her cheesing. Amber smiled back, until she saw my face.

“August you can do it.” Amber handed me the book and got up.

“Noooo!” Kay cried.

“Nah Auntie Amber she wants you, so you do it.” I left out the room and went into the bedroom.

AMBER P.O.V. –

“She’s sleep.” I told August as I came in. He didn’t respond to me. I was so used to this by now I wasn’t going to even ask him what was wrong. At this point I didn’t care.

I got in the bed and turned off the light. He turned the television to ESPN and basically blasted the sound.

“August, I have work in the morning. ” I turned over to look at him.

“And I’m not ready to go to sleep yet.” He remarked indignantly.

“Well can you turn the volume down.” I picked up the remote.

He snatched it from me. “It sounds fine to me. So roll your ass over.”

Now I could really tell this nigga off. This was after all my house. But, I know I can hit below the belt when I’m angry, and I know how sensitive he is. So I’mma just chill on that one for now.

“If you want to watch television there are two other rooms you can go to.”

“Or how about I go the fuck home?”

“Why are you yelling? Are you trying to wake Kay?”

“So you a fucking Kay expert now? Cause if I can recall, I been raising her since my brother got killed.”

“Are you jealous because she wanted me to read her the story?”

“It’s not about the fucking story. I don’t like how you tried to upstage me. Like look, I can do what your uncle can’t.”

I got up and closed the door because he was getting really loud.

“And then you got her calling you some fucking Auntie Amber, I didn’t tell you to tell her that shit.”

I told myself to first calm down. Don’t spaze on him. Cause lawd I was this close. Secondly, I said let him get out whatever he had to say.

“What would you prefer her to call me?”

“Nothing really.” He said smugly.

Don’t say anything smart Amber. Don’t say anything smart. Try to understand what he’s feeling. Try to come from a place of understanding. Iyanla Vanzat’s voice echoed in my head.

When he left earlier, I spent the day watching a marathon of Fix My Life on OWN. She taught me real well, because he would be out of my house by now.

He didn’t say anything else, which I assumed meant he was done. He just sat there. Looking angrily at the television.

“August, I apologize if it seemed I was trying to upstage you. That was not my intent baby.”

“Right.” He rolled his eyes. “Which is exactly why y’all was he-he-ing and haw-haw-ing by the fucking pool.”

“When we were outside by the pool, she asked me if we could throw you a party.”

“A party?” He looked over at me.

“Yeah, she said her house was too small and Uncle Aug deserves a big party.”

“Party for what?”

“Graduation. And she was telling me everything she wanted at the party. She, this little bity thing, was telling me she had to throw it and plan it. I was laughing at how she was taking control of planning this party. And I said what about Chay and Noonie. She said no me and you. Cause we know what Uncle Aug like.  And I said, why do you think your Uncle deserves a party? And she said because Uncle Aug gives me anything I want. And I want to give him something.”

“Oh.” He said with a salty look on his face.

“That’s all we were doing baby. Planning. Planning your tea party.”

“She wanted me to have a tea party?” He smiled.

“Yeah, it was supposed to be a secret. So she asked me if we could go upstairs and talk about it, because you were standing there looking at us. I would never do that to you August. I know how much you love those girls, and I know how much they love you. I would never, ever, come between you all. And I’m hurt you would think I would do something as vindictive as that. ”

 “Can I have an honest moment?”

“Yeah.” I sighed tired and sleepy.

“I have to admit I was a little jealous seeing y’all together. And seeing her all excited like that. It made me feel like, damn, she never did that for me. But I was just trippin. And I’m sorry baby.”

“It’s cool.” I laid down. He turned off the television. I felt him wrap his arms around my waist and lay his head on mine, pulling me closer to him in a spooning position.

“You forgive me?”

“Yeah baby. Go to sleep.”

He kissed my cheek. “You don’t have to say it back, but I love you, and I thank you for being patient with a nigga.”

“August get your hands off my breast.” He was caressing my breast in the darkness.

“That’s what that was? I thought it was a pillow. My bad.” I elbowed him and he laughed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

193K 4.3K 25
Read to find out
982 13 21
Read
I'm Grown By Sekai Mc

Mystery / Thriller

1.3K 74 28
Read the book to find out.......