THE UNLOVED HUSBAND

By Lovesotrue

Isaac hurriedly ran towards me and scooped me up in a very tight hug, his head buried on my neck. "I don't c... More

CHAPTER ONE: FALLING FOR THE BOSS IS BAD NEWS
CHAPTER TWO: HIS POSSESSIVE SIDE
CHAPTER THREE: HIS QUICK QUESTION
CHAPTER FOUR: HE OVERSTEPPED
CHAPTER FIVE: HIS NOTES
CHAPTER SIX: TWO EMOTIONS
CHAPTER SEVEN: I MISS YOU
CHAPTER EIGHT: TRUE LOVE'S KISS
CHAPTER NINE: STILL ON
CHAPTER TEN: WEEKEND PLANS
CHAPTER ELEVEN: NO WONDER
CHAPTER TWELVE: YOU TOO
CHAPTER THIRTEEN: FOUND
CHAPTER FOURTEEN: THE DIFFERENCE
CHAPTER FIFTEEN: PROMISE ME
CHAPTER SIXTEEN: THE HANDSOME EIGHT
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: IF I COULD HIDE HER AWAY
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: THE WHISPER
CHAPTER NINETEEN: SCARED OF MAKING WRONG DECISIONS
CHAPTER TWENTY: SHE SAID YES
CHAPTER TWENTY - ONE: LET THE FLOWERS FALL
CHAPTER TWENTY - THREE: STURDY HEART
CHAPTER TWENTY - FOUR: SOMETHING HAS CHANGED
CHAPTER TWENTY - FIVE: FOURTEEN RULES AND ONE RING
CHAPTER TWENTY - SIX: THEIR FIRST NIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY - SEVEN: OUR FIRST RULE JUST GOT BROKEN
CHAPTER TWENTY - EIGHT: CHAOS OF SEVEN HEARTS
CHAPTER TWENTY - NINE: UNDER THE STARS
CHAPTER THIRTY: IT'S STARTING TO CROWD
CHAPTER THIRTY - ONE: WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
CHAPTER THIRTY - TWO: FOUR QUESTIONS TO ANSWER
CHAPTER THIRTY - THREE: IT ISN'T MY STORY; BEFORE AND AFTER THE STORM
CHAPTER THIRTY - FOUR: BEFORE, DURING AND AFTER THE WEDDING
CHAPTER THIRTY - FIVE: WHILE SHE WAS AWAY; SINGULARITY
CHAPTER THIRTY - SIX: A STEP BACKWARD
CHAPTER THIRTY - SEVEN: EVERY WEDNESDAY
CHAPTER THIRTY - EIGHT: A GLIMMER
CHAPTER THIRTY - NINE: THE VERY QUESTION
CHAPTER FORTY: NO MORE
CHAPTER FORTY - ONE: 4 AM
CHAPTER FORTY - TWO: IS IT BECAUSE?
CHAPTER FORTY - THREE: STAY AWAY
CHAPTER FORTY - FOUR: A YEAR AND A HALF
CHAPTER FORTY - FIVE: NEEDED SAVING
CHAPTER FORTY - SIX: ROOFTOP MEMORIES
CHAPTER FORTY - SEVEN: THROWN GUIDANCE
CHAPTER FORTY - EIGHT: PERFECT STATE
EPILOGUE: BEGIN

CHAPTER TWENTY - TWO: JUST LIKE HOW

442 34 16
By Lovesotrue

Bismillah.

Rapmon image above. 

The previous chapter took a toll on me. I get too attached in this story's characters.

Chapter Twenty – Two: Just Like How

Suga's POV

I was about to shoot the ball in the basketball ring when I felt it – deep regret, loss, sadness and perhaps her tears.

"Hey man, shoot the ball," Jimin called out to me.

It snapped me out from what I was thinking. I shoot the ball and the crowd cheered. We are now four points away from our opponents.

Jimin gave me a high – five while Jin said, "Yahoo," once again. We were out in a park near my house, playing basketball. A crowd had already gathered, watching us play.

"It's not a fair fight," Taehyung complained.

It was a three-man team fight, Tae got teamed up with Jungkook and J – Hope. Soon enough, Jungkook got the ball from Jimin and made a lay – up. The girls screamed and once again, the two – point score difference excited the audience.

I got the ball from J – Hope and started dribbling towards our ring. But all my mind could think about is Fatima, at her home, crying. Since RM was too "busy" to play with us, I am guessing Fatima might be melancholic right now because of RM. Does she realize a bit too late that she has deep feelings of love for her best friend? How could she realize just that? Will Isaac be totally the one among us seven whose going to win her heart? Although sometimes, I think Hobi might have feelings for her too.

I made a run and went to the side, escaping Hobi who was trying to block me from my shooting. Then I fade away jump, and scored three points.

"Suga Yoongi, we love you!" the females cried out.

"Only one more minute, we could win this Team Worldwide Handsome," Jin cheered on.

"Go Go Universal Handsome," J – Hope yelled.

The crowd laugh and it made me laugh a bit too. Maybe I'm just going to send her an e-mail later. I have her number but I don't think she would like it that I call or text her. She has enough food on her plate for this eventful Sunday.

Suddenly, V got aggressive and was able to get the ball from Jimin. He made a run for it and passed the ball to Jungkook, but Jin took hold of the ball as Jungkook was dribbling it.

"Suga!" Jin called.

I automatically caught the ball then dribbled my way towards our ring. I made a jump and I slam dunk the ball. The crowd went crazy.

"That ends the game," Franky, Jimin's butler, our assigned referee and scorer announced.

The people clapped and Jimin gave me a high – five while Jin made a vow to every one watching.

"Thank you all for your support," Jin was saying.

"Ahh, that was a good game," Jungkook said as the six of us gathered around with one another.

"Still not a fair fight, Jin is the tallest and oldest, Jimin is the most flexible, and you Suga was a varsity player," Tae complained.

"So we're really buying nine tickets for the NBA Finals. That's a whole lot of money," J – Hope said.

That was our agreement, the losing team shall buy the tickets. And of course, Fatima is coming with us at Upstate New York City four months from now to watch the game. I have a feeling she loves watching basketball too.

"Where to now? Let's have breakfast at your house Suga," Jin said.

I just nodded at them and all six of us began walking, wiping our sweats with the hand towels Jin had distributed to us. Jin is like the Mr. Taker of us all. I find it sweet and annoying at times. Tae acts like a baby and a brat because of Jin's attentiveness.

In the corner of my eye, I saw some girls filming our walking. Tsk, these girls don't know enough hayaa (shyness/modesty) in them. My thoughts went back to the girl who was able to resist my charm and my kiss, my Kismet, and I wish time would run faster so I could already talk to her face to face. Wednesday seemed too far away.

We reached my home and the cook prepared our meal. I ate just a little and hit the shower. The boys also went to the guests' bathroom. My house is made up of 10 rooms. I bought this big house as part of my plan to settle down sometime in the future.

I let the water cascade down my naked body as my mind went back again to the woman who cried for RM few hour ago. Fatima does not love me, I am very much aware of that. But it does not sadden nor threaten me at all. For some reason, that magical night when she got my phone and texted me with, "Kismet. I'm here. Waiting. Let's get lost. Please," gave me the confidence that one way or another, someway, somehow, we are destined for each other.

"Sweet November," I whispered.

When can we get lost with each other?

After dressing up, I opened my laptop, got my headphones. This time instead of a note for my kismet, I decided to leave a voice message for her. After talking my heart out, I attached the voice clip in an e-mail then sent it to Fatima Maryam.

Somebody knocked at my door and saw that it was Jimin. He smiled at me then sat on my bed. Then he lay down and inhaled, it was a frustrated sigh.

"I can't get her off my mind man," he began.

I closed my laptop and just smirked at him. We all know that playing basketball was just our way of getting rid of the anxiety we have for the day. J – Hope told us last night that Isaac is proposing to her this afternoon. And it did not do us well at all. Jimin suddenly sat down and looked over the window.

"Aish, I told myself I would be okay with unconditionally liking her, but why do I pray she would say no to Isaac?" Jimin asked.

I wish for the same thing too but the logic in me knows she will say yes. Jimin now looked at me with a pouty expression.

"You'll get over it," I simply told him.

I stood up and made way towards the door.

"How about some video games?" I offered.

"Cool!" he answered, then quickly got off from my bed. Great, now my bed's unmade again. I just shook my head and widely opened the door for him. After Jimin got out, I followed him towards my game room. I guess the six of us will just keep ourselves preoccupied until the day is done and we have to face the inevitable truth.

My Kismet's getting engaged to her boss. Ya Allah, despite all this, I still trust Your Plan you have for Fatima and me, and for all of us too.

****************************************************************************************************

Fatima's POV

It was 10 am, and I was tasked by Mom to dust every corner of the small living room we have. Yes, I already told them my boss is coming over this afternoon with his parents to formally ask for my hand in marriage. My siblings who love RM were not happy about it. My Mom got all nervous and began assigning task for her children. While Dad was simply quiet.

I still could not shake off the sadness inside me. Nurina even told me that it was her who placed the red ribbon in the tree trunk as instructed by RM. We had enough groceries, vegies and fruits and meat. With all thanks of course to RM who did not only have groceries delivered but the Meat Company dropped by 30 minutes ago to deliver the fish, chicken, beef and even goat meat. RM overdid himself once again. That just makes me hate myself even more.

Can time be turned Fatima Maryam? No. So just suck it all up and face reality. You let go of Raphael Monstefar because you wanted Isaac Khalid. Whether or not you did it out of love or fear or both or neither, won't matter. Isaac is the ideal husband. You've got nohing to be afraid of. He is such a good abd of Allah. You will be in good hands. In shaa Allah.

After making the entire house spotless clean, I took my bath again then sat in my bed. My sister and I shared the same room. I was glad she's at the kitchen helping Mom cook. I need some time alone. I got my pad and began writing a poem. Maybe writing will help me free myself from this melancholic mood. I must be smiling and excited and happy the moment Isaac arrives.

"Why

Why did I let you go?

Why did I make you cry?

Why did I hurt you so?

Why did I lie?

I love you.

I love you.

I love you.

But these words you shall never know.

Because Fate had it that I be stupid

Stupid enough to let you slipped

But not wrong enough to make the right choice

Because deep inside I know it's you I shouldn't choose.

Because I was the flower and you were my sunshine

I was the flower and you were my rainfall

You said you needed me

I needed you too

And I guess those truths just got me scared.

Scared of what? I don't know.

Scared of what? Maybe of being loved by you

And to love you

Why? I have no idea love.

All I know is right now,

I wish you'd reply

And tell me that you still love me

And tell me that you need me.

But my phone's been quiet

Just as your silence

Are we now going to be like this?

Silently apart until both our love runs out?

If this love does fade

And this sadness shall does go away

Let it be today

Let it be today."

Should I post it on my Wattpad that only has ten followers? Of course not. RM would be able to read it and it will just give me a reason to hope. I hate hoping. I'd rather make things happen.

"Mom asked what drinks to prepare?" Nurina asked as she got inside our bedroom.

"I'll be the one to do it," I said, closing my pad and placing them inside the drawer.

"Alhamdulillah. I am feeling so tired," she sighed and lay down on her bed.

I went back to the kitchen to help while my mind tried again to ignore the emerging sadness.

***************************************************************************************************

Rapmon's POV

I stared at the message and read it once more. She only messaged me for the flowers. Maybe she didn't like the no-eye teddy bear. Maybe she found the red laced ribbon too corny. I sighed and continued reviewing the commercial contracts. I've been working in my office this morning and I intend to until sun set.

This is my way of removing any thoughts about Isaac and her, although it has been utterly useless. I wish that J – Hope didn't tell in our group chat about this afternoon's event. It's no secret we all like Fatima. A man can always tell if another man like a woman. The only curiousity left is J – Hope's intention. He's hard to read. And so is Suga. Suga never seemed interested to any girl. So only Jin, Jimin, Tae and Jungkook plus I must be the only ones feeling this miserable this Sunday.

Isaac Khalid, you are one lucky man.

My phone made the sound of the adhan, telling me it's Zuhur time. I rose up from my seat, got my keys and headed out of the building. I will pray at Suga's house. My eye hurts and I need sleep. Something is telling me sleeping over at Suga's house might do me good, kill off the pain with his scary attitude. Suga hated it when we sulk. But when he sulks, it's like we do not have the right to snap him out of it.

I turned on the car and opened the door when someone touched my shoulder.

"Mr. Monstefar, our boss wants to have a word with you," a tall muscled man with black suit and black sunglasses told me.

Of course, it's another Big Hit Entertainment agent.

"Sorry dude. I do not delay my prayer for anyone," I said and removed his hand from my shoulder.

"If you aren't going with us, we might just ask Ms. Maryam," he began to say.

"Shut your mouth and get the f*** off!" I told the man and pushed him away.

I hurriedly got into my car and dialed Suga.

"Assalamu alaykum RM," he said.

I drove fast amidst the panic in my chest.

"Wa alaykumusalam. One of their agents approached me," I blurted out.

""And?" Suga asked.

Incidents like this are already normal for all of us. We just ignore and leave them.

"They mention Fatima's name. The guy said if I don't talk to their boss, they will talk to her instead. I pushed the man away and now I'm in my car, on the way to your house. Should we tell Isaac about this? She might be in danger," I said.

"Son of the devils," Suga uttered.

"Do you have security personnel or connection in Zamboanga?"

"None," I answered.

I should have planted influence in my hometown. But since Fatima and I worked in Makati, I didn't think it would be important.

"We're telling Isaac," Suga said.

"I have a better idea," I said then hit the brakes seeing the red light.

"What?"

"Let's all head for Zamboanga right now. Whose private plan can we use within seconds notice?" I asked.

"Jungkook's," Suga answered.

"Okay, after Zuhur, we're going," I said in finality.

"Aliright, I'll tell the rest to get ready."

As much as I will hate witnessing another man proposing to the greatest love of my life, I don't much have of a choice.

I will only look the other way and pretend that I don't care.

****************************************************************************************************

Isaac's POV

I was inside the car with my parents when my phone rang. I took it out and saw that it was J – Hope. I already had missed calls from Suga, Jin, Jimin, Tae and Jungkook before our flight here. Why are they disrupting my afternoon? Do they know something?

Okay Isaac, focus. This is the moment you've been waiting for.

We arrived at Fatima's house and it looked exactly just like how the investigator took photo of it. I am happy that I have with me the deed of the house and lot, under their name. They won't need to pay it on a monthly basis. Settling their debts was easy for me. The hardest part is about to come,, getting her parents' permission for me to be their daughter's husband.

"This is the place," I told my parents.

We all got down and Wadel carried the gifts. I assisted in carrying some too. We have cloth textile, jewelry, shoes, bags and gadgets for her. For her parents, we're giving the settlement of debts contracts and a business permit of the store I've purchase for them at commercial spot at the city's megamall. For her brother, a job employment in an computer engineering firm and a full college scholarship for her sister.

"Assalamu alaykum," I spoke.

"Wa alaykumusalam warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu," a female whose eyes and face looked like Fatima's. This must be her Mother.

"Welcome to our home," she said.

My family entered and we took our seats at the living room. Wadel placed all the gifts on the little wooden table. I searched for Fatima in the area.

"Where's Fatima?" I asked her parents.

"She's at her room. She said to only call her once we the parents are done talking," her father said.

I rose up and gave a salam greeting and hug to the father. Noticeably, her little siblings are not in the living room too.

Soon enough, my parents started talking to her parents. They talked about how good of a man I am, and how I love their daughter. Then suddenly, the sound of vehicle stopping in front of the house got all our attention. And that was just it.

Something told me that I must take a look at it. But since this isn't my home, I controlled myself and just sat there.

"I believe that your son is a good man. I have no plans to interfere nor go against who my daughter wishes to marry," her father said.

"I'll just call her," her Mother said who stood up and went to her room.

My heart beat was beating nervously. In a few seconds, she appeared and was made to sit on the chair next to me. Their living room was just small so all our faces are clearly seen within an arm's length.

"Fatima dearest child, I am Nathalie, Isaac's parents and this is his stepdad, Naseem," Mom introduced.

"These are our gifts for you and your family," Dad said, palmpointing the gifts on the table.

Then I got the folder and gave it to her father. The father opened it and wide – eyed looked at the full debts payment that amounted to 1, 376, 000 peso, the house and lot deed, the business permit, the job offer and the scholarship grant. He then gave it to his wife. The wife uttered, "Masha Allah," before giving it to Fatima.

However, her lips pursed and she didn't look pleased. She gave me a harsh angry look which scared me a lot. Another sound of a vehicle stopping was heard. Then voices. Both I and the Father stood up and looked out of the window.

There in front of us were Jimin, Suga, Jin, Jungkook, Tae, Rapmon and J – Hope blocking the house gate to two men in suit with sun glasses.

"You are not entering that house Mister," Suga's venomous warning voice said.

"What's going on?" Fatima asked.

She stood and instead of going to the window, walked towards the door and stepped out of their house. I went after her.

"Guys, what's this all about?" she asked.

The seven turned to look at her. Then Suga was the first to break the stare. He was smaller than the men in suit. But then he suddenly punched the man's cheek and kicked his stomach. And then Jin took the other man by tackling him down on the floor like a judo player.

"Tell your boss, if they come to her again, they'll have hell to pay," Jimin said and kicked the man on the ground.

Rapmon bravely pulled one man with his tie to whisper something. Then his right hand squeezed the man's neck as he continued to whisper something.

J-Hope, Tae and Jungkook were holding the other man who was trying to stop Rapmon from squeezing the life out of his companion.

Then Rapmon let go of the struggling man who breathed out heavily.

"You've been warned," he said and staggered back towards the car. Jungkook pushed the man they were holding towards the car.

"Leave, and don't dare show yourselves ever again," Tae shouted at them.

The men in black got inside their black car and drove away. Fatima ran towards them and I can hear our parents talking and discussing as to what was happening. I chased after her and the next scene I witnessed made me wish that this was all some nightmare.

Fatima touched Rapmon's shoulder making him turn around. And then she hugged him tight, exactly just like how she hugged me too last night, with tears on her eyes, and hugging him as if her life depended on it, as if it's everything she could ever want.

My mind only asked one question, a question I never thought I would ask on the very day I formally asked her hand in marriage.

Whom do you truly love Fatima? Him or me?

***************************************************************************************************

"So Allah will suffice for you against them."

- Qur'an 2: 137

**************************************************************************************************

We all know that this story was bound to break our hearts. To whose heart is yours breaking for?

Vote and comment. <3

Jazakallahu khairan! ^___^ 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

316K 22.1K 58
[COMPLETED]. HIGHEST RANKING: #68 in short stories [16/06/16] "Wallahi you are so breath taking, so... I don't think a word is even created to descr...
517K 25K 42
[EDITING] "Can you... marry my brother?" "Your brother, Ibrahim? But... Isn't he married?" I recall the conversation we had before. "He was, but he...
831K 36K 52
{Book One: Abdallah series} "I'm sorry jawad" I stammered feeling his warm breath fanning my face, and his dark eyes boring into mine, with hate evid...
14.4K 1.2K 28
Allah says in the Quran : ── "Women of purity are for men of purity, and men of purity are for women of purity" - This is the story of a girl named f...