Daughter of a King

By ThorinsChild110

Young Arulla Durin is snatched away from her home in Erebor when she was only 20 years old(Which is like 9 or... More

Author's Note
Character Description
Chapter 1: A Clear Summer Day
Chapter 2: The Years a Princess
Chapter 3: The Red Sky
Chapter 4: The Hidden Bush
Chapter 5: The News He Heard.
Chapter 6: Rivendell
Chapter 7: My Life Now
Chapter 8: A Quest to Reclaim a Broken Home?
Chapter 9: Bree
Chapter 10: The Hobbit Hole
Chapter 11: An Unexpected Party
Chapter 12: The Awkward Reunion
Chapter 13: The Adventure Begins
Chapter 14: Resting on a Cliff
Chapter 15: Reaching for Stars
Chapter 16: Missing Ponies???
Chapter 17: Roast Mutton
Chapter 18: Love Sorrow then Happiness
Chapter 19: Recalling the Past
Chapter 20: The Hidden Pass
Chapter 21: A Short Rest
Chapter 22: Moon Runes and Lullabies
Chapter 23: Misty Mountians
Chapter 24: GoblinTown
Chapter 26: Out of the Frying Pan...
Chapter 27: ...And Into the Fire
Chapter 28: The Carrock
Chapter 29: Nightmares
Chapter 30: Beorn
Chapter 31: Edge of Mirkwood
Chapter 32: The Dark Forest
Chapter 33: Visions of Old and Darkness to Spare
Chapter 34: Elves of the Forest
Chapter 35: The Elven King
Chapter 36: The Great Escape
Chapter 37: Barrels
Chapter 38: The Bargeman
Chapter 39: The Orc that Remains
Chapter 40: Almost Home
Chapter 41: Laketown

Chapter 25: Escaping Goblintown

2.4K 78 28
By ThorinsChild110

(Thorin's POV)

I looked over at Arulla as I hear her whisper something loud and clear to my ears. I quickly look towards the two women and I almost stumble back but I lean closer into Arulla.

"No." I whisper softly, "That's impossible."

Both women look up at me at my words and I see the mother almost welt up in tears.

The Great Goblin sneered and looked from me to the two women.

"Oh! Would you look at this lads! The King Without a Mountain and his wench." The Goblin clasps his hands together and sighs mockingly, "They're having a reunion!"

The Goblins then begin cackling and I look over to the smaller woman who is called Freya.

"How old are you?" I ask. The girl is hesitant at first but looks up at me and smiles slightly as if out if fear, "78." I hear her whisper.

I glance over at our weapons and see a goblin hunched over Orcrist. When he unsheathes it, he lets out a cry and tosses it to the ground.

The Goblin King looked frightened and backed away in fear, stepping on goblins as he moved back.

"I know that sword!" The goblin pointed to the sword in fear, "it is the Goblin Cleaver! The Biter, the blade that sliced a thousand necks! Slash them all! Beat them all! Cut off his head!" The Goblin King growled as he pointed to me.

Lashes we thrown onto me and everyone in my company, and Améra and Freya as well. Améra was weak and frail I tried my best to move to her but to no avail.

I was toppled into the ground by a goblin hoding a dagger only inches from my throat.

"Thorin!!!!" I hear Arulla screech.

"No!!" Améra screamed behind her.

Before I could turn my head to face them, a massive explosion of white light had emerged, knocking the goblin on top of me into the chasm below. As the light dies down I can faintly see Gandalf, staff and sword drawn.

"Take up arms! Fight! Fight!" Gandalf yells. I suddenly gain my strength back and push any other goblins off me and make my way to my wife and daughters. I cradle both girls' heads in my two hands before I grabbed my sword and begin to fight for our lives.

I keep Freya tucked underneath my arm as I know Améra and Arulla can fend for themselves.

"Thorin!" Arulla screams. I turn my head and see the Great Goblin charging at me. I swing my sword and deflect his blow, sending him falling into the darkness. I tug Freya's arm and we begin to run.

I run much faster than my youngest daughter and I had to keep tugging on her arm to keep her ahead of me. I continue to slash and slice down any goblin I see, keeping Améra and Arulla in my sights.

I look above me and see goblins swinging on vines.

"Cut the ropes!" I scream. everyone raises their swords and axes and cut down the ropes making the goblins twirl around a dislodged piece of platform.

I keep running, Freya in my arms and Améra and Arulla not to far behind.

(Arulla's POV)

I see Gandalf's staff raise up towards a rock ceiling and just like that a boulder appears. I keep my eyes in my father and now newfound sister and Gandalf yells out an order,

"Push!"

We all begin to push our way through smashing goblins against the rock as we move. I grab my mother's hand and we run together, side-by-side.

We make it to another platform me and my mother at the back and my father and sister at the front. I whip my sword around and cut down the vine and the platform moves from one side to the other.

My mother and me were the first to jump off as the platform swerved. We look up and see that shafted the platform swerved it moved back now my father and Freya faced danger.

Only a few goblins jumped in and they were overtaken easily. When the platform swerved back again, me and my mother moved back and everyone jumped off. Fílí being the last one. he almost fell off but Thorin reached out his arm and pulled him up.

We began to run again. I was growing weary, but my family kept me going. When we made it to the next platform, something sprung up from underneath us. I made my way to Thorin as quick as I could before the ugly creature began to speak.

"You thought you could escape me?"

Thorin cupped my face and his eyes trailed to Améra.

Then I remember something. we all can't come. it would be too much of a distraction to Thorin and too much of a weakness. so I call out in my mind.

"Gwahir. Gwahir my friend. Are you there?"

I wait a moment before his voice comes back

"Arulla. What is the matter?"

"Come to the foot of the Misty Mountians as fast as possible. There you will find a company of dwarves. I need you to take two of them to Rivendell as fast as you can. Please hurry!"

"What are you going to do now wizard?" I hear the Goblin King, but my thoughts were on something else.

"I'm on my way."

I hear Gwahir speak again before I notice that the Goblin King is on his knees clutching tight to his stomach.

"That'll do it."

And Gandalf swings his sword again and slits the monsters throat and he falls forward making the platform shake, and the vines give way and we are falling once again.

I hold onto my mother and tuck her head beneath mine. Thorin does the same with Freya. I can honestly say that Freya, has my mothers personality, because me and my father can hide our fear well, my mother is fairly good, but Freya... Not so much.

But we land not so delicately, but not so brutally, so I didn't mind. That was before. Bofur spoke.

"Well that could've been worse!" And before I could answer, the Goblin King's massive corpse toppled on top of everyone. Making us all groan in pain.

I get up slowly making sure nothing is broken and I help my mother up.

"Gandalf!" Kílí screamed.

I look up and see goblins crowding around.

"There's too many! We can't fight them!" Dwalin said

"Only one thing will save us. Daylight! Come on!" Gandalf's voice boomed. I begin to haul my mother out and gave her a gentle shove towards the open area.

I run as fast as I can, still staying behind my father, sister, and mother. As we reach the open area, I could feel the sunlight rays on my face.

Gandalf who was in front of us all turns and begins to count,

"Five, six, seven, eight...Bifur, Bofur...that's ten...Fili, Kili...that's twelve, Arulla, Freya, Améra, and Bombur that makes sixteen."

I hear the screech of an eagle and sigh sadly knowing this would be a sad goodbye for both them and us.

"Améra!" I scream she turns her head and looks at me confused, I had never called her Améra before, but she came to my side anyway.

"You have to go." I said quietly.

She shook her head, "What do you mean?" She spoke a little louder than a whisper, which caught the attention of both Thorin and Freya.

"You must leave!" I shouted, now not caring who heard me.

"No!" Thorin bellowed. I turned my head and frowned, "You know as much as I do that they are not safe here." I point up as Gwahir lands beside me, "This is Gwahir, Lord of the Eagles and my friend. He has agreed to take them to Rivendell. There they will be safe I assure you. So, it's best you say your farewells." I ended gruffly and shielded my emotions quite effectively.

Thorin turned to Freya first and hugged her gently and a few tears fell on his cloak.

"Promise me you'll try and come back. I need to learn the love of a father, and a few minutes won't take me very far." Freya sobbed.

Thorin pulled from her embrace and looked deeply into her eyes which were now green, "I swear."

Freya smiled and went to me next, "I'm glad that I've finally met you. Even though I haven't known you for very long, I love you, my sister." I almost burst but choked and pulled her into an embrace.

"I love you as well, my sister. I will try my best to bring us both back to you."

Freya smiled and mounted Gwahir. I turned to my father and mother who had their hands clasped and I inhaled sharply,

"It's time to go." I whispered.

"No" Thorin said again, I gave him a pitying look and then turned to Améra. I held out my hand for hers and she smiled sadly and took it, releasing her grip from Thorin.

I walked up to Gwahir hand in hand with Améra. Before she mounted she turned and looked to me. I smiled sadly. She smiled at me and then took me in a fierce and warm embrace.

My emotions broke and I wept into her shoulder and whimpered. she stroked my hair and chuckled lightly. I pulled my head from her shoulders and looked at her sadly,

"You truly have your father's spirit, his stubbornness, his pride, and his leadership." I smiled sadly and she pulled a stray lock of hair from my face and tucked it behind my ear. I looked down my she caught my chin and I looked up again, "And I couldn't be more proud of you."

I smiled and embraced her again, "Mama..." I whimpered, then forced myself to pull from her embrace and wiped my tears quickly and she mounted the eagle.

"Go Gwahir! May your flight be vast!" I barked.

Gwahir nodded and was soon off, I ran to Thorin and he wrapped his arms around me and I cried. I cried and cried until Gandalf's voice made me jolt back,

"Where's Bilbo? Where is our Hobbit?!"

____________________________

Ok that was beautiful! Was it not? Oh I am good! This chapter is dedicated to QueenOfErebor. I really don't think I would still be here if it were not for her and I'm so thankful to have her as my close friend and ally. I love her so much and anyone who doesn't know her should get to! I hope everyone has loved this chapter and I'm glad so many people love this book.

I'm so thankful to everyone! So thank you! Thank you so much!

Ok I gotta get to work ;)

La fael!

-TC110

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.2K 1.4K 32
You've heard the story of the 13 Dwarfs, the wizard and the Hobbit right? Well they left out one thing, the Unexpected Member of the Company. I was t...
74.8K 1.9K 32
The quality is bad lol, but it was very important to young me, so no hate, pls. Nymeria just wanted a quiet life in the woods, alone. But somehow fa...
1.8K 63 11
There was a Princess in the Woodland Realm. She was the oldest of four children. Unlike her siblings, though, she was forced to stay inside the kingd...
321K 13K 50
You have grown up under the care of Radagast the Brown, and on an errand to King Thranduil of Mirkwood you encounter Thorin Oakenshield's Company, th...