Trade

By LexTheAuthor

Aaron Turner had come to terms with his bisexuality at the age of fifteen. His first real relationship was wi... More

Trade
Preface
Chapter 1. Steal His Man Challenge.
Chapter 2. Love Lost.
Chapter 3. Best Thing I Never Had.
Chapter 4. Lonely.
Chapter 5. Differences.
Chapter 6. Trust.
Chapter 7. Family Affair.
Chapter 8. I Need You.
Chapter 9. Heart For Sale.
Chapter 10. The Boy Is Mine.
Chapter 11. Dilemma.
Chapter 12. Homies.
Chapter 13. Ex Factor.
Chapter 14. You Don't Know Me.
Chapter 15. Do The Right Thing.
Chapter 16. Wild Thoughts.
Chapter 17. Only You.
Chapter 18. Through It All.
Chapter 19. Always.
Chapter 20. XO
Chapter 21. Watch Your Back
Chapter 22. All The Wrong Things.
Chapter 23. Baby Daddy.
Chapter 25. Malik & Aaron.
Chapter 26. The Understanding
Chapter 27. Hundred Reasons.
Chapter 28. In Too Deep
Chapter 29. Fake Love
Chapter 30. Consequences.
Chapter 31. Hard Truth
Epilogue
Trade Book 2 Out Now

Chapter 24. Just The Two Of Us.

36.3K 1.2K 2K
By LexTheAuthor

Aaron Turner

"Why the fuck are you in my face? Move out of my personal bubble nigga!" I snapped shoving Moses away from me while I focused on the flatscreen that displayed 'Dragon ball Super'.

Not only had he lied straight to my face but he knew that when I was watching anime to leave me the fuck alone and he continued to bother me. My anger had already been triggered but I was about to just explode and something in me just kept telling me to count and not to become a single man.

"You do me so wrong, if I go out in the streets to make money you get mad because you think I'm a get killed. I try and spend time with you but you still mad at me because of the lil situation that happened a week ago. What you want me to do?" Moses questioned as he stood in front of the couch blocking the TV and pinching the bridge of his nose.

"I don't know, go ask Peyton. You and her be having good conversations every night about stuff that got you smiling all hard and shit" I responded emotionlessly.

Ever since that night when I'd read the weird text from Peyton on his phone, She and Moses had been talking more often and he'd go and see about her like she was his woman.

He acted like I was being dramatic because I told him I was hurt that he had to go into the bathroom to talk to her like I wasn't allowed to hear their conversation. I just felt like I was the one going crazy and on top of that I wasn't getting any dick.

Moses knocked my feet off the couch and sat down while I continued to stare at the screen not even reading the subtitles anymore.

"You know how my anxiety is and how I overthink things. I obsess over something once I know that someone isn't being fully honest and if I can't trust you what's the point of us even being together, like do you miss being with women or something?" I questioned clutching the front of my shirt feeling my heart about to beat out of my chest.

Moses remained silent as he looked away from me and shifted before he hopped up. I shook my head while he grabbed the remote from me and cut the TV off.

"You wanna know what's good? Let's go ask her, to her face" Moses said and I stood up while he gestured for me to head to the door first. I walked around him though and headed to the bedroom when he roughly shoved me forward.

"You probably just want to go out and cheat that's why you trying to start conflict. Like I don't fuck you good enough and listen to how your bitch ass day was at school!" Moses snapped.

"Wow, you really trying to flip this shit on me? You the same nigga that keep nudes in your phone from the bitches you use to fuck but I don't say nothing because it's just pictures. I don't say nothing when you get to touchy with your female friends either, but I refuse to ignore the signs" I said with a shrug as I walked into our bedroom.

I switched out of my house shoes and put on a pair of dirty vans incase I ended up having to fight him later on, couldn't fuck up my Adidas.

After leaving out of our apartment Moses locked the door and we took the elevator down to the parking garage. He looked down at his phone the entire time tapping and swiping away.

"I'm deleting them all" He mumbled after hitting the alarm on his car. I remained silent before counting to three silently in my head.

"I said they were just pictures, you don't have to do that. All I wanted to know was why you and Peyton are so close all of a sudden, like she's your woman and I'm the side nigga" I complained.

"You about to find out if you get in the car. I'm not fucking anyone, you wanna pull an Yvette and smell my dick?" Moses questioned hopping into his truck after pressing the start button on his key.

"You just got out of the shower" I replied smartly as I climbed into the passenger seat and relaxed back.

"You know after we do all this and I make you stop being aggravating as hell, you should consider coming on a trip with me. Angelo wants me to handle some business out in Miami and I know you scary as hell and don't like to stay home alone" Moses teased.

I rolled my eyes, I had no problem staying home alone during the day. But at night shit just got weird, only way I could go to sleep is if the TV was on in the room and some cartoon was playing.

"I haven't seen a beach in awhile, I'm down with it" I shrugged attempting to act uninterested.

Moses smirked to himself as he backed out of the parking space and zoomed off causing me to clutch the cup holder.

"You remember back when you wasn't a punk ass bitch? I remember, good times" Moses said to bother me.

"Remember when I told you your dick wasn't little? I lied" I snapped back and he chuckled to himself.

"I know my dick not small, you can talk all the shit you want but I only listen to facts and the facts are you can barely take all of it without crying like a punk ass bitch" Moses replied.

I remained silent and stared straight ahead ending the argument before it progressed further.

The thirty minute car ride felt like hours and I had honestly contemplated rolling out of the moving car and into traffic. That was honestly the better choice than to sit and listen to Moses talk which he did the entire ride even after I'd stopped responding.

I climbed out of the truck first and headed towards the steps while Moses took his time and casually strolled behind me.

After following the sound of bounce music I knocked on Peyton and Erin's apartment door and it opened with a crack.

Peyton stood with a bathrobe wrapped around her and seemed caught off guard when she saw Moses and I.

"Oh, it's you. What do you want?" She questioned with an attitude as she opened the door up wide allowing us to come in.

"We came to talk to you and see what's up" Moses said as he eyed her weirdly. Peyton returned the look and bit her bottom lip nervously.

"You promised you wouldn't say shit until we figured out everything. Niggas really aren't shit" Peyton said mumbling the last part to herself.

I took a deep breath and composed myself so I wouldn't overact or get upset and angry. The way my temper was set up was I went from 0-100 really quick and I don't like showing that side of myself.

Peyton noticed what I was doing and took a subtle step back while Moses folded his arms and watched the both of us.

"I'm pregnant" Peyton said slowly. I stood completely still while she looked at Moses for assistance.

"I'm not the father, I haven't been in any pussy in months" Moses reminded. I glanced over at him before looking back at Peyton who was awaiting my reaction.

"So who's the father? It's Saint isn't it?" I questioned trying to suppress a laugh and Peyton furrowed her eyebrows and shook her head quickly.

"No, Saint and I haven't been together like that. I told you I wouldn't do no weird shit like that, I consider you both my brothers and he fucked Erin" Peyton said and I sighed in relief.

I wasn't ready to lose my best friend to the family life, we still had so much shit to do together before we got tied down.

"So who is the father if it's not Saint or Moses and why couldn't you tell me this? I would've been there" I said and she shifted.

"I don't know who the father is and I was embarrassed. I was scared you'd be disappointed in me and I couldn't tell Erin without feeling judged so Moses was the only person I felt like I could confide in" Peyton admitted.

I glanced between the both of them and went to apologize when Peyton reached out and grabbed my arm to stop me.

"You don't need to say sorry because you were partially right. I was developing feelings for Moses, he was nice to me and I felt protected when he was around. I never made a move on him but I talked to him about how I was feeling to confirm he didn't feel the same way and he doesn't" Peyton tried to explain.

"I told her I see her as family because I do and that I would support whatever decision she makes regarding the baby. If she gets rid of it, it's her choice but if she keeps it I'm a be uncle Moses" Moses explained.

I scratched my chin as Peyton stared at me like she was ashamed and I sighed.

"He's right, whatever you do I'll support you. It's alright" I said brushing off the confession of her feelings for Moses since the shit wasn't gonna happen.

Peyton rubbed at her eyes and I awkwardly looked down. I'd never seen her cry before, she wasn't those type of women that ever got emotional and I felt like she would've wanted me to look away anyway.

I moved over to Peyton and wrapped my arms around her allowing her to cry into my chest.

"Who knew being a thot had consequences" she sobbed and I bit down on my lower lip to keep from laughing.

"Everybody. Rule number one, never let these niggas nut inside you and number two, always bring the condoms" I remind.

Moses cleared his throat and I glanced at towards him where he had his arms folded like he was awaiting something.

"You was doing all that for nothing" He mumbled looking away from me. I looked away from him as Peyton let go of the hug.

The door to Erin's bedroom opened and she came out. Erin looked at all of us while Peyton turned so she couldn't see her face, I almost expected Erin to make her usual smart remark about us being secretive but she didn't.

I watched her walk into the kitchen with her bowl and I followed behind her with a smirk wondering what she was up to.

"Haven't seen you in a few weeks and it's not my fault either because I called and texted" I remind and Erin sighed.

"Sorry, I've been caught up with life, it's nothing personal" She said avoiding my gaze. I looked down for awhile and we stood in the kitchen in silence.

"I feel like it's personal. Why can't you look at me?" I questioned as I peeked up watching her fidget nervously.

"I love you Ron, I really do but I'm uncomfortable with everything you have going on. I want to be a friend, but some guy approached me and started asking me questions about you. I didn't tell him anything but it scared the shit out of me" Erin admitted.

"Why didn't you say anything? Are you okay?!" I questioned watching Erin nod as she rubbed her arm.

"I'm fine, but I just want my space. I don't want to know about what you're doing or anything, just keep it away from me and my apartment. I don't want Moses or you over here anymore" Erin said as she walked passed me.

I stood completely still thinking she was playing at first but she continued walking away before I could stop her.

It took a couple of minutes for it to register fully but once it did I left out of the kitchen and went back into the living room where Peyton and Moses were.

"We need to go" I said grabbing his arm and he wrinkled his face in confusion and pulled out of my grasp.

"Why?" He questioned and Peyton frowned and glanced towards Erin's room door with an obvious attitude.

"Erin doesn't want you and your crew over here anymore until shit blows over. I don't agree with her bougie ass but it's her apartment too and she deserves to be comfortable" Peyton said with an eye roll.

"It's cool, we'll be out" Moses said and Peyton hugged him and then hugged me again before we left out.

Moses walked ahead of me and remained silent until I walked faster catching up with him.

"I'm sorry, but you were acting defensive and secretive what was I suppose to think? How was I suppose to know she was pregnant if she was scared to tell me?" I questioned and Moses stopped walking causing me to run into him.

"I keep saying trust me and you do the complete opposite. Have I ever cheated on you?" He questioned and I shrugged.

"Oh alright, it's like that?" Moses questioned as he started to walk away. I laughed and caught his arm pulling him back towards me.

"Not that I know of, and I can see why she told you she was pregnant. You're really relaxed when someone tells you something serious, even if it's life or death. I'd tell you if I was pregnant" I said and Moses went to nod his head before he scrunched his face up and looked at me.

"Nigga what the fuck?" He questioned as I laughed. I allowed him to drape his arm around me as we took a seat on the step of the apartments in no rush to leave.

Moses patted at his pockets before pulling out an already rolled blunt and a lighter. He placed it to his lips and lit it while staring straight ahead at nothing in particular.

My hand moved towards his and I contemplated holding it. Moses noticed my hesitance and turned his hand which showed his palm while he extended it to me.

I eventually placed my hand into his and he gripped it before moving it into his lap.

"So about Miami, it's just us going. I didn't tell Carlos" Moses admitted.

"I thought you said you were going out there for business?" I remind.

"I am, for Angelo. Lo wants Carlos dead and you already know he's not going to be thrilled when he finds out I'm paying that nigga under the table" Moses explains.

"I don't understand you, it's like you want to make shit complicated for yourself. In the end if you continue doing this-" I began before stopping myself.

I didn't even want to put the thought of him dying out there into the universe. The only way this nigga was dying is if I was the one killing him, this shit was for life.

"I'm cool, you gotta play the game they want you to play it. I peep everything, I know you can't trust nobody in this street shit" Moses said as he passed me the blunt.

I took a few puffs from it before blowing the smoke out of my nose as I watched Moses continue to stare into space.

"I want to go home and fuck. It's been weeks" I blurted out and he chuckled to himself and shifted.

"Yeah?" Moses questioned. I gave a simple nod and he looked at the time on his watch before he scratched at his beard. "Later, we already out and I need a haircut" He said after awhile of contemplating

I didn't push it and instead I went along with him to get a haircut. I excepted him to go to where I worked but we went to this brownstone where a few men hung around outside and talked amongst themselves.

"Who lives here" I questioned as Moses parked. A couple of the kids that were playing outside saw the car and began to circle around it in awe.

"This guy named Tommy, he used to cut my hair before I moved to New Jersey. Malik shop always busy and I wanted to talk to him so I decided to pull up. You coming inside?" Moses questioned getting out of the car.

I glanced at all of the men outside and decided to just get out. I trailed behind Moses as some of the kids continued to just watch him and even talked lowly amongst themselves.

"You never be around these parts anymore, almost thought you was too good" A man said as he slapped hands with Moses and pulled him close into a hug.

"Never. I just been busy, that's how it is" he admitted as he let go of the mans hand.

"This Ron, Ron this Tommy" Moses introduced me to this bald man with a nice beard but I could tell by his expression he wasn't feeling me.

"Why you bring that shit over here? I heard about you, everyone has and you got me out here defending you. Don't come over here with that suspect shit, I heard he was talking to the Feds" Tommy said in a hushed tone causing me to sigh.

"It's not like that. I just want a haircut and to talk with you, that's it. No suspect behavior, I wouldn't bring that to you" Moses responded.

Tommy nodded towards the front door wanting Moses to follow him inside before he walked ahead. Moses turned towards me wanting me to follow him but I shook my head.

"It's fine, I'll stay outside" I responded and he looked around the block one last time before he handed me his keys.

"Come inside whenever you get bored out here" Moses stated making eye contact with me and I nodded.

After he disappeared inside of the brownstone I walked back to the car and got back inside. I understood that the type of people he use to run with weren't okay with his sexuality or what we had going on, most of them pretended they didn't know or flat out told him they didn't want me around.

I could usually deal with it and feel no type of way because they weren't my friends and I knew if Moses was going to continue doing this he couldn't just cut off his associates because they were homophobic.

I waited out in the car for an hour before a teenaged girl came out of the home and over to the car. I removed the headphones from out of my ears as she knocked on the window and gestured for me to roll it down.

"Moses wanted to know if you were cool out here. He wants you to come inside, he's almost done anyway" She said.

"Tell him I'm good" I responded and she sighed and turned walking back inside. I went back to resting my head against the window and listening to music.

Not even two minutes had passed when Moses' contact popped up on my phone I sighed and ignored it before getting out of the car.

After hitting the alarm I walked up the steps passed the men ignoring the lame shit they said. The front door of the home was opened but I knocked anyway before entering.

The smell of fried chicken and cat fish filled my nose as I followed the sound of Moses's voice and his laughter.

"That's why you don't send a boy to do a mans job" Tommy said as I entered the living room. A woman was brushing the waves in Moses' head while he drunk from a red cup stacked on top of another one.

"I had told you I seen Michael a few days ago? He said you and him been getting into it, that's blood and he always been there for you" Tommy said to Moses changing the subject.

"I didn't come here to talk about that bum. I just need you to be at a certain place at a certain time so we can handle some business and get paid" Moses said changing the subject again.

The woman finished brushing Moses' head after telling him how soft his hair was and he thanked her and removed the cape he was wearing. Once Moses stood up with a stretch revealing his shirtless body and all of the tattoos that covered about 75% of it, all of the women in the room turned to eye him as he grabbed his shirt from the couch and pulled it over his head

Everyone looked up at my awkward ass and I cleared my throat placing my arms behind my back. Tommy looked at me as his laughter stopped almost abruptly and he began putting his clippers away.

"Moses, you aren't going to stay and get something to eat? You look like you been loosing weight" An older woman scolded as she patted his stomach and I rolled my eyes, he ate and snacked all day everyday at home.

Moses looked towards me as if to ask if I was hungry and I shook my head declining so he declined as well.

"I'm a come back to just chill next time, we can play cards and shit. Yo son got my number" Moses said nodding towards Tommy.

After he said his goodbyes he followed me out of the brownstone and we headed to the car in silence.

"I hope you didn't feel no type of way about that shit" Moses said opening the car door for me and I shook my head.

"I won't waste my energy on that, at the end of the day I got you and that's all I really give a fuck about" I said with a shrug.

Moses licked his lips to make them wet before he leaned down and kissed my lips sloppily to make me mad as I grabbed his face.

"Let's go back to our spot" he said in between kisses as he grabbed my hand to stop me from touching his crotch.

-

Moses stood in front of me dancing in front of me while I tried to hide my laughter and act like he was fucking it up.

His two step had me weak as fuck, and I nearly died when he got on the floor and began to grind. I'd be lying if I said his goofy ass didn't turn me on though.

"You wilding" I laughed as he got up slowly and flashed his teeth showing the grill in his mouth.

Moses roughly pushed me back onto the bed as he climbed between my legs.

He licked circles around my neck before he started to suck. My body shivered at the feeling as I closed my eyes and enjoyed it.

I clutched Moses once he stopped and he pulled back and bit his bottom lip.

"You liked that shit huh? He questioned pulling his tank top off and throwing it across the room.

"You look so fucking dumb" I laughed watching him body roll with tears in my eyes.

Moses pulled his belt off and tossed it as well nearly hitting the mirror that was hanging on the wall.

He ignored it though and then pushed his pants down causing them to fall to his ankles before he preceded to body roll.

Keith Sweats' 'Nobody' started to play and I laughed even harder. I felt like I was in one of those late night music infomercials they use to play real late at night/early in the morning.

Moses places his forehead against mine and stared at me before he kissed my lips and then traced down to my chest causing my body to jerk.

"Alright, come on I'm ready to fuck" I complained and he laughed while he started to pull his boxers off.

Something caught his attention though and he stopped laughing as he reached above my head and looked at the phone.

Moses squinted his eyes at the brightness in contrast to the dim lights in the bedroom. He almost reminded me of my brother Kaine's blind ass.

I didn't think much of it until he got off of me and pulled his boxers back up right. Moses cut the rest of the lights off in the room and went to the window to look out of it being sure to stay close to the side.

"What now?" I complained watching him continue to look out the window like he was looking for something.

"Damn that's a fine bitch" he muttered. I hopped up out of bed and went to the window to see what had caught his attention. I noticed a light skin woman with a pixie cut holding a bag of groceries to her chest as she walked quickly to get into the lobby of our apartment building.

The woman eventually disappeared from view and when I reached out to touch him he pushed my hand down and motioned for me to keep looking out the window.

A black truck pulled up on the curb and the woman from a few moments ago came back out of the building and walked up to the passenger side of the car.

She talked for awhile before she and a man I'd never seen before both looked up at our window and I backed up like they could see me from way up here.

I moved closer to Moses and looked out from the small section he was peeking out of as two men exited out of the car.

Moses was biting his lip in excitement as he watched not being able to contain himself and he glanced at me.

"They really think they can kill me? Like I'm a really die" Moses said smacking his teeth as he nudged me in disbelief.

As the trio talked amongst themselves like they were going over the plan a final time two men rode passed on a motorcycle and the man sitting on the back opened fire on the three of them, gunning them down in the open.

I jumped from the loud popping noise as the usual screaming and chorus of those standing around fleeing from below.

"This why I don't want to move yet, I have eyes all around this bitch. We move into a house and this shit will still happen, except the access will be easier" Moses explained watching the motorcycle speed off.

"Angelo has security with him all the time, my brother isn't even dealing anymore and he has security that live on his property to protect his family. We could do the same" I suggest.

"I don't got Angelo and Kaine money to be paying people around the clock like that. If you let me go out and work maybe one day, but you be acting all funny and shit" Moses complained continuing to look at the scene below.

I pulled my phone off the charger and unlocked it to respond back to a text until I saw who it was from. Hassan's number had been saved under a simple H and since I rarely texted him I had never thought to delete it.

He'd said he wanted to see me alone to talk and we could meet up where I wanted to and he would explain and answer any questions that I had.

"Kadence wants me to go to her place to study later on. I need the help" I said looking up at Moses who was waiting for me to tell him who it was.

"Who the fuck is Kadence again?" Moses questioned pretending to think. "Oh that lil hippy bitch with the slick ass mouth" he said.

I brushed him off and sat down on the bed and bobbed my bed to the music and sung along to the chorus while putting my phone away.

Moses eventually pulled himself away from the window and moved over to the bed taking a seat next to me.

He nudged me with his shoulder and when I turned to look at him he pressed his lips to mine kissing me hard.

"I can help you study" he offered and I tried to look away until he smacked his teeth.

We stripped out of the rest of the lil clothing we had on, and  Moses grabbed me pulling me closer to him while I kissed on his neck.

I could feel the blood rushing to my dick the more turned on I got just from touching him. When he licked my bottom lip before sliding his tongue into my mouth I nearly lost it and just bust right there.

Instinctively, I turned over onto my stomach allowing him to climb on top of me.

Moses began to push into me after coating his dick with lube and I shifted uncomfortably. I grabbed the pillow laying in front of me and bit down into it to keep from sounding like a bitch while he rearranged my insides.

Once he realized what I was doing he reached down and ripped the pillow from my mouth and tossed it out of the bed while my moans filled the room.

Amaru Jones

"I know you know where she's at. I thought you weren't going to play favorites and shit when it came to business" I said watching Angelo blow smoke out of his nose while he placed money into a counter.

"You want the bitch dead and Moses don't, take that shit up with him or pay me. You niggas is just stupid and irritating" he said before taking another puff of the blunt he held between his fingers.

"I should of known Aaron's bitch ass would've backed out and ran back and told Moses. Moriah told us to kill her, he was clear as hell" I stressed.

"If you're done complaining, the door is over there. Get the fuck out and go rob someone, that's what you around for" Angelo said without bothering to look up at me.

I placed my hands on my hips trying to hide my frustration, I was going to find the bitch anyway without his help.

"What are the odds of me catching an L if I go pull up on Moses ready to throw hands?" I questioned and Angelo scratched his eye.

"You gon' get enough of running up on people. The nigga use to box and if you can't beat up Aaron than you sure as hell not about to beat him up" Lo said attempting to hide his laughter.

I bit my bottom lip weighing in the pros and cons and decided to just let it go. I took a seat across from Angelo while he continued to not really pay attention to the fact that I was in the room.

"All I want is the person responsible to pay for what happened to my friend. The more shit I find out the more it looks like he was set up and murdered. I feel guilty for pushing him away. We had our problems, but I feel like he'd do the same for me. Moriah told Aaron and I what needed to be done and instead of handling it like we were suppose to he ran to Moses" I explained.

Angelo scratched at his beard and shifted in his seat. His eyes were a blood shot red color and I could see the stress on his face.

"Does it look like I give a fuck? I sell drugs and make deals, I don't babysit or play peace maker. If I wanted to get something done I'd get that shit done, not sit around whining to anyone that will listen. If you a man, why you letting Moses or Ron punk you?" Angelo questioned.

"I'm not getting punked by anybody" I said calmer than I thought I would and he laughed showing the veneers in his mouth.

"Then get out of my face, stop coming to me with petty ass lil boy shit. Next time I see you I want you to have money or something. Don't show up here empty handed again" Angelo said as he tossed his head back and eyed the ceiling.

I stood up to leave out when I noticed he was trembling a lil bit. I didn't move from my spot as I watched his chest rise and fall slowly.

"You alright?" I questioned but got no response. He continued to stare up at the ceiling while a large man that was guarding the door grabbed my arm and escorted me out of his office.

On my way out of the building the man slipped me a piece of paper with an address on it real discreetly. Before I could question what it even was he had returned back into the building and all I could do was eye the paper.

Zeke who was my tag along for the day stood talking to this light skin nigga who had a hoodie pulled down on his head.

"You're not gay if I'm the one sucking it" Zeke said and I raised an eyebrow. The dude saw me approaching and quickly walked off in the opposite direction.

"You childish as fuck, that's some shit I use to say when I was in high school to pull all the DL niggas" I said wrapping my arm around his shoulder.

"It still works" he responded pursing his lips together. I laughed before moving my arm and the two of us walked to my car.

Once I heard Zeke gasp I looked at his stupid ass wondering what he'd done. He grabbed my shirt and pointed towards the opposite side of the parking lot.

Aaron sat in a parked SUV smoking with that nigga who cut hair with his brother. The two seemed like they were in a deep conversation.

"Angelo is his cousin, he probably just buying weed, that nigga not even gay" I said with a shrug and Zeke laughed to himself.

"That's how all trades come across, I didn't think Moses got down like that either. How much you wanna bet that as soon as Moses fuck up they about to be hunching?" Zeke said getting into the car and I folded my arms deciding to take him up on a bet.

"I bet two hundred they just friends" I said extending my hand and Zeke took it and then thought for a moment.

"And I'll take it even further and bet four hundred that they'll be fucking soon and the new nigga is a verse" Zeke said and I smacked my teeth.

"You think everybody is gay" I complained letting go of his hand. Zeke remained silent with an attitude as I walked to the other side of the car and climbed inside.

His friend was fine as shit if I was into skinny and tall niggas. I started my car up and Zeke grabbed my shirt causing me to shove his hands off of me.

"Drive passed them and say what's up. If he gets shy and glances at Aaron or laughs, he's playing for our team, if he's cool then I'll leave it alone and take the L" Zeke said continuing to persist.

I tried to laugh off his nosy ass but the thought of karma possibly coming back to bite Moses in the ass if Ron and that nigga happened to get real close was what made my heart feel good.

"Fuck it" I laughed pulling off and driving across the parking lot slowly. I rolled my window down once I got close to Aaron's car and once he spotted me he smacked his teeth and stared straight ahead.

"What?" Ron questioned keeping a mug on his face and I bit my lip and glanced at Zeke briefly.

"What you niggas up to?" I questioned as my gaze shifted to his friend. The man brushed the top of his head as he looked to Aaron to answer and Zeke grabbed my shoulder on the low.

"None of your business, you stalking me now or somethin?" Aaron questioned as another man approached the car and slapped hands with him.

"Just being friendly, we about to be out" I said with a shrug. Aaron glanced towards his friend who had begun to lean out the window to talk to a girl who had walked up to the car.

I looked at Zeke and he smacked his teeth and looked elsewhere obviously growing defeated. He was going to get enough of labeling people, he was mostly always wrong and would often get beat up for spreading rumors or being messy.

After I left from around Angelo's place I headed to get something to eat halfway zoning out Zeke talking about his job hunting and how his roommate was putting him out because of an incident awhile back.

I noticed a car trailing behind me and I tried to ignore that shit but it followed me all the way to a sub shop.

I parallel parked and the car did the same a few cars down. I contemplated pulling off but once my stomach growled I said fuck it, if somebody was coming to kill me then they'd have to do it while I ate my food if they was really about that life.

Zeke followed me out the car applying a coat of lipgloss to his lips while he walked funny in his tight ass jeans that made his butt crack stick out.

"I'm a take you shopping for some decent pants, this shit is getting ridiculous" I laughed and he got an attitude and snatched the door opened.

I looked towards the car that had followed me but nobody got out so I shrugged and went inside after Zeke.

"I'm on a diet, do they sell salads here?" Zeke questioned rubbing his already flat stomach while he wore a waist trainer and looked up at the menu above.

"Right there" I pointed to the late sign that said 'salad bar'. Zeke laughed awkwardly and walked towards it while I kept moving up every time the line moved.

By the time it was my turn to order I got a simple turkey sandwich and ignored the jingling of the bell signaling the door to the shop had opened.

"I'll be right with you" the man fixing my sandwich called as he looked up briefly and began asking me everything I wanted on it.

After paying for my food and Zeke's food I grabbed a bag of chips and sat down at a table near the back.

Before I could even unwrap my sandwich a man sat down across from me and placed a photo down on the table of Moses.

"Never seen that nigga before in my life" I laughed before I leaned down and bit into my food.

"You sure?" He questioned sliding another picture to me of the both of us sitting in an car.

I sat my sandwich down and chewed the food that was in my mouth as I stared straight ahead.

"If I'm not under arrest I don't need to be answering any questions. What about my rights?" I questioned raising an eyebrow.

"I'm Detective Goodwin and I was investigating him back when he lived out in Jersey for a murder on a case he eventually beat. All I want to know is if you've seen him around, you help me and I help you" he offered in a low tone.

"I need your help?" I questioned opening up my bag of Doritos and he chuckled.

"You're a stickup kid, I've done researched and asked around about you. I'm doing you a favor right now by not putting those drug dealers looking for revenge onto where you are. I can make one phone call and let them serve you with some street justice or you could tell me what I need to know and you never have to see me again" Detective Goodwin propositioned.

I used my tongue to clean the remainder of the sandwich I'd chewed from the roof of my mouth.

"Ooo that's Aaron's man" Zeke said walking over and I clenched my jaw and shook my head at him.

"Whose Aaron?" Detective Goodwin questioned Zeke who's realized he'd just misspoke.

"I'm guessing I'm wrong and I should sit here and eat my food" Zeke said awkwardly as he sat down his salad and handed me a Gatorade.

"Do what you feel like you need to do man. Like I said I'm not under arrest, does your boss even know you doing this shit?" I questioned watching the older man smile in determination.

"My son was a new cop on the force and he saw your friend speeding and pursed him to give out a ticket. I'm guessing he saw something he wasn't suppose to see and he was murdered like his life didn't matter by your guilty friend here" The Detective said showing a bit of distress.

"The court clearly didn't see it that way. Your son got caught up and now you're looking for someone to blame. But like I said before I don't know this man and I've never seen him before, that's not even me in that picture it's so blurry how can you be sure?" I asked.

Detective Goodwin grabbed me by my shirt and yanked me forward while I licked my lips and eyed him.

"I will make sure you get what's coming to you personally!" He snapped and I felt a satisfying tingle down my spine.

"That shit sounded sexy as hell, you a top or a bottom?" I questioned asking the questions that really mattered.

Not wanting to cause a scene the detective let go of my shirt once he saw everyone watching. He got up from the table with a laugh and snatched up the pictures before leaving out rubbing his jaw he'd been clenching.

Once he was gone I slapped the fuck out of Zeke like he was a bitch and a few people including him looked at me startled.

"You dumbass!" I snapped getting in his face and he cowered causing me to run a hand down my face and shake my head.

"I didn't know he was an detective, it was an accident I swear" Zeke whispered as he held his face.

"It doesn't matter if you didn't mean to do it. You should've observed the situation before calling out names, this why I don't take you nowhere" I complained.

Zeke bit his lower lip before he got up and stormed out leaving behind his salad. I contemplated going after him but decided against it, he had to learn.

I grabbed his salad and slid it over to myself and decided to eat it for him, I wasn't about to waste no money cause that nigga was in his feelings.

-

My lips didn't even meet the blunt in my hand when I started to doze off. I took one last hit of it before putting it out in the ashtray before I accidentally dropped it and burnt my couch up.

Popcorn covered my chest and Bobs Burgers played on my flat screen. I sat up slowly and brushed the popcorn and kernels into the empty bowl on the table before standing up and stretching.

I cleaned up a little bit preparing to go to bed when a cold shiver went down my spine. It was one of those things that you thought only happened in horror movies, almost like you knew you was about to get got.

My eyes roamed around my dark living room and the only thing that was standing out was the glare from the TV on the walls.

I grabbed the remote and cut the TV off and started down the hallway towards my bedroom when somebody knocked on my front door.

"Nah, catch me at some other time" I muttered as I opened my bedroom door and stepped out of my slides. I left the door cracked open as I climbed across my bed and laid flat on my stomach eyeing the doorway.

I was trying to talk myself up to take a shower and clean my face like I did every night but the weed and the few beers I had was getting to me.

Once I started to doze off the knocking stopped and my apartment went silent. I opened my eyes and sat up getting that feeling again and just as I reached into my nightstand to grab my gun I heard my front door open.

I grabbed the gun and moved into a side corner where I placed the clip inside and waited.

There was a whistle and then muffled talking and I counted the footsteps trying to see how many people were in my apartment.

"What if he's not home?" A voice questioned and I bit my lower lip and glanced out of the bedroom. I spotted a tall shadows before I ducked back to where I was and moved my finger to the trigger.

"Then we wait for him to come back. Check the bedroom" another muffled voice ordered and I prepared myself as I carelessly lifted the gun I was holding up.

That detective from that sub shop really wasn't bullshitting, I'd remember to return the favor back to him as soon as I got the chance.

Not wanting to alert the other intruders to where I was I lowered my gun and tucked it into my pants before bracing myself.

A man wearing a ski mask entered the room with his back to me and before he could turn around and spot me I moved.

The man walked further into the bedroom and prepared to cut the light on when I grabbed him in a choke hold and brought him down to the ground.

He fought with me as I pulled him into the closet and tightened my grip on him until he stopped moving and became unconscious in my arms.

I pulled the mask from his face to see if I recognized him but I didn't. Maybe I'd robbed him before, maybe I hadn't.

I stayed in the closet and sent an S.O.S text to Josh who I knew was probably still up and at the strip club where he worked. After I'd backhanded Zeke for dry snitching I knew his ass wasn't coming to help at all.

"Yo" a muffled voice whispered out and I stepped out knowing the mans friends had come looking for him.

I stepped into view holding my gun up and the man aimed at me as well. He didn't moved or call out to anybody else as his daze roamed around the dark room for his associate.

"Who sent you?" I questioned bluntly stepping closer and he backed up keeping his gun pointed at me and his guard up.

Before the man could respond I heard a gun shot and then felt something rip through my back. I dropped down to my knees in shock as a bullet exited out of my chest causing me to grip the wound.

Another shot was fired but it didn't hit me as I got up and ran to the window in my bedroom while the man in the closet hopped up liking nothing.

"We on the 7th floor, he not going anywhere. Let just get this over with, call the others" the man holding the gun on me ordered.

I fired one shot from my gun before looking down below and thinking about my odds of surviving if I just jumped.

I heard more footsteps approaching the bedroom and I didn't think any further about the situation as I threw myself out of the window and hit the car down below.

Blood sprinkled out of my mouth as I clutched my chest and lay in pain. I caught the attention of a few bystanders outside who were startled by me hitting the SUV and leaving a dent in the top of the car.

The men in my apartment came to the window and looked down at me as I rolled off of the car and on to the ground. I felt a sharp pain in my leg and I knew it was broken as I quickly limped away.

"Wait for help, I'm an ambulance!" A woman yelled trying to help me but I kept going trying to get away.

I practically dragged my left leg, with all,of the adrenaline pumping in my body the pain was small and all I was focused on was not dying. If I was going to die it'd be on my own terms, not like this.

Taxi's whirled passed me nearly hitting me as I struggled across the street collapsing a few times while people stared at me in horror like I was crazy.

I didn't get very far before I collapsed a final time from all of the blood loss and face planted onto the ground, shivering from the cold.

If I really lived through this shit nobody would be able to tell me nothing, I'd jumped from out of a window after being shot and lived, I was really a legend.

Authors Note -

Comment and Vote !

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.8K 515 22
Two years ago two boys met and formed a quick, but complicated bond only to be separated soon after. ------- Two years later will their feelings to...
Thuggin BoyxBoy By Keemy

General Fiction

66.3K 1.7K 13
Trey and Tay are well known in Atlanta for being the best dope boys ever. Girls love bad boys. So you know all kinds of girls are trying to get wit...
56.7K 3.2K 24
Profligacy ~Reckless extravagance or wastefulness in the use of resources. ~Licentious or dissolute behaviour. Growing up as the heir to one of th...
16.8K 428 27
Jason's life is pretty tough, what with his final exams coming up, but it all gets a lot tougher when he witnesses a murder, and finds himself chasin...