Dawn Arises

By Katherine-Jesse

Sequel to The Reborn Cullen 'Keep Katherine out of this' - Jacob Black She hated that she loved him, after a... More

So sorry!
Home is where the heart is
I will
Dreams
Run
Back
Watch it
Goodnight love
Leave me
Visit
Arrival
Arrival
Keys and Collars
Artifice
Come to this
Blind
To the end of time
Live
New book
Should I?
Another book?
Books

Waging War

5.2K 116 11
By Katherine-Jesse

Weeks went by, everything went back to normal, except for Renesmee. She was growing inches every week. She was barely a month old and was walking and forming full sentences. It was snowing by now, the cold did not bother her as much as a normal human, but was still susceptible to it. Bella and Seth went out with Renesmee to the field, showing her it.

    Jacob and I were with them, we loved the snow as it affected neither of us. Plus we had been at the Cullens house. I was with Renesmee, who I loved almost as I had loved my older brother. She reminded me a bit of him with her curiosity, but she behaved much better than him.

    I watched as she caught snowflakes, jumping high into the air. But then I felt someone watching, and so did she as we looked at the cliff. I saw Irina, Jacob and Seth came to our sides, Bella next to us and Renesmee clung to Seth who growled. He recognized her. "Who's that?" Renesmee asked and I looked down at her, my hand holding onto Jacob's fur gently.

    "I think that's our cousin from Denali." Bella said, staring at a shocked Irina. She called out to her, "Irina!". Then I realized, she had saw Renesmee jumping.

    "No." I saw before racing after Irina, who ran. I followed, Bella after me. I watched Irina jump into the ocean. I stopped at the cliff, about to jump after her.

    Bella grabbed my arm, "We should take Renesmee home." she said and I heard Jacob running. He appeared on the cliff, a few seconds after me.

    He slowed to a jog, and nudged his head under my arm. "It's okay Jake. Tell Seth to bring Renesmee home. Bella you go with her. I'll stay for a bit to see if Irina comes back. She thinks something she shouldn't." I explain to her, making her more confused.

    "What?" she questioned but I shook my head, knowing someone could explain it better than me. I didn't know as much as everyone else did. I never finished reading it, before I met Jacob. Never finished it as I found better things to read.

    "Just go home and tell them what happened." I order her and she nods, before going home. I sigh and hear Jake whine, I smile stiffly down at him as Bella heads back to them.

    Irina better not do anything rash. I know of her past, this is not going to end well. Someone is going to get hurt. But it won't be Renesmee if I have anything to do with it. After a bit, I knew Irina wasn't coming back. Jacob seemed tired, "Let's go home Jake." and he began to run. We raced back home.

    We went inside, Jacob knew I was stressed as he held my hand as we went upstairs. I left my jacket downstairs, only in my layer sweaters.

   Everyone was looking at Alice, a broken vase at her feet, flowers surrounding it. Jasper was at her side, everyone looking at her. "The Volturi. They're coming for us." she announced her voice sounding worried and desperate. "Aro, Caius, Marcus, the guard and Irina." she listed as I clutched Jacobs arm, the one that held my hand.

    Renesmee went into Bella's arms, holding onto her leg. "Why?" Carlisle questioned and Edward quickly looked to his wife.

    "What did Irina see in the woods?" Edward inquisited and Bella looked confused again. She obviously didn't tell them everything.

    "We were just walking." she explained, and I looked to Jacob, who looked confused too. Seth went near Bella and Renesmee, standing behind them.

    "Ness was catching snowflakes." he spoke up, obviously worried for his imprint as she grabbed onto his hand. His hand was much larger than hers.

    "Irina thinks she's an immortal. She saw her jumping in the air, higher than an average human." I tell them, replaying it in my head, which Edward sees.

    "Of course." he whispered, his perfect moment ruined by the latest drama. "Irina would immediately go to them if she thought Renesmee was an immortal child." he explained and I was not happy.

     Thoughts were racing through my head. "I can go and explain to the Volturi-" I tried but Carlisle held his hand out, stopping me.

    "No, they would still come. At best they'd force you to come with them as a bargaining chip." he informed and I looked down. Jacob squeezed my hand.

    Carlisle went to go tell the stories, specifically the Denali's. We went into the small library to explain it all to Bella. "The immortal children were very beautiful. So enchanting, to be near them was to love them." He flipped the pages of the book, all of us were on edge. Jasper and Alice were in the corner, facing each other but their heads were turned towards us. Jasper was very protective and usually had to be holding her in some way.

   Jacob was sitting in a chair, I was on the arm of it as his arm was wrapped around my waist. He was almost the same as Jasper but with a different personality.

    I slid my hand around Jakes shoulder, making him look up at me. We both held serious faces though. We turned our attention back to Carlisle as he continued explaining "But their development was frozen at the age they were turned. They couldn't be taught or trained. A single tantrum could destroy an entire village." he said before telling us the story of the Irina's mother, who made an immortal child. Irina's mother had not been able to stop him as he massacred part of the village, producing a pile of dead bodies.

    "Humans heard about the devastation. Stories spread. The Volturi were forced to intervene." The Volturi had arrived during one of the massacres. Jane had taken the child. "Since the children couldn't protect our secret. They had to be destroyed." The child trusted her, not knowing he had done something wrong. He did not fight Jane, or any of them when his creator, Irina's mother came, screaming for him, not wanting him to be destroyed. Jane held her off with her power forcing the woman to stop. "Their creators grew very attached, fought to protect them. Long established covens were torn apart, countless humans slaughtered." Carlisle told the story, the Volturi had used the pile of dead bodies. "Traditions, friends, even families lost." he informed as we all listened.

    "So the Denalis mother created an immortal child?" Bella questioned, knowing the answer, but was still new to the story. I had heard it once before. But I did not truly care for it.

"Yes, and she paid the price." he confirmed, they would kill the creator, in this case, Irina's mother, breaking off her arms and head, as her daughters watched begging for them to release the mother. The creator did not care for her daughters as much as she cared for the child. The children did nothing as they did not understand or did not care. Then they killed the child. Jane did not care to break off limbs as the tossed the child in, letting it's siblings watch.

Bella got defensive, "But Renesmee is nothing like those children.". She was very protective over her. But obviously Irina did not know this, assuming the worst instead of truly looking. "She was born, not bitten. She grows every single day." Bella spews and I look down at Jacob, knowing he would want to know of the Volturi.

"Can you just explain that to the Volturi." he asked, looking from Carlisle to me. I bit my lip, not liking how much I knew of the Volturi on a personal level.

Edward answered for us as he spoke up, "Aro has enough proof from Irina's thoughts." and I look over my shoulder at him, he was leaning on the bookshelf.

"So we fight." Jake speaks up and I snap my gaze to him. That was not a good plan whatsoever.

"Their offensive weapons are too powerful." Jasper speaks up, knowing if we fought, we were unlikely to win. We were one clan, plus wolves. They outnumber us. "No one can stand against Jane." he states and I nod.

"Alec's even worse." Alice adds trying to convince Jacob and Bella that fighting is a bad idea. And it was.

"Then we convince them." Bella tries and I look at her. This was not going to be easy and anyone who knew the Volturi, knew it.

"You saw what happened when we tried to protect you. We will protect her but we can't do it on our own." I think out-loud, without knowing I clutch Jake's shirt. I was not excited to see the Volturi.

Seth and Rosalie were with Renesmee upstairs, Emmett leaned in the corner. "They're coming to kill us. Not to talk." Emmett states and I nod, knowing he was right.

"They hate me. They hate the entire clan but they want us, or rather I should say, our gifts." I correct myself and Jake's grip on my hip tightens.

"No your right. They won't listen to us. But maybe others can convince them. Carlisle, we have friends all around the world." Edward suggested, trying to think of a plan, all of our thoughts thudding around as we think of plan, the truth, what we could or can do.

Carlisle shakes his head as he denies "I won't ask them to fight." and I look back at Edward, knowing that might make a dent in his plan.

"They won't fight." he agrees, "They would witness. If enough people knew the truth, we could convince the Volturi to listen." he tries, but Carlisle didn't seem to want to budge.

Esme reaches up, tucking her hand in between her mate's crossed arms, making him turn to look down at her from where he stands, "We can ask this of our friends." she suggests, not seeing the harm in it.

He puts a hand over hers, rubbing it as a signal he agrees. Bela looks back at Edward. Jasper stares at his mate who looks at him. I look down at Jacob, who was looking at me, I was worried about how he would do. If it comes to a fight I knew I wouldn't want him there. But as an Alpha, if Seth was there he would be too.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

158K 4.3K 65
This a Twilight love story. What if Bella Swan had a sister, and that person was you? Will you go through the same troubles as your sister, or will l...
131K 2.2K 25
"I love Jasper" I shout back at her after reaching the end of my tether "I love him more than you ever care to see because you are so caught up in yo...
3.9K 271 9
❝There's a thin line between damning someone for eternity and saving their life.❞ In which the life of Estelle Dupuis is told in a series of importan...
2.9M 76.6K 111
She's got the eyes of innocence, The face of an angel, A personality of a dreamer And a smile that hides more pain, Than you can ever imagine. #1 bel...