the Missing Memories

By rudiemae

How is it possible to wake up with nothing to remember? When nightmares became part of reality. Would you s... More

***
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six

Chapter Three

98 15 10
By rudiemae

It's been two months since I woke up without any memory. I feel so empty, no idea on who I am and who I've been. My memory is completely wiped out and when I force myself to remember, I end up having a very painful headache. Like an invisible wall is keeping me from remembering, a barrier that repels my attempt to intrude.

I behaved well, after multiple attempts of escape where I ended up with broken arms, bruises and cuts. Yeah, I never got away even though I survived the three storey jump, I was rewarded with a broken ankle instead.

That's when I realized that I should just be grateful that I'm alive. Mira, that bubbly girl with curly black hair and amber eyes, reminded me almost a hundred times of my life story and how I ended up having an 'amnesia'. I believed her.

Almost..

These past few weeks, I've been having some peculiar dream. Flashes, fragments of events that are new to me and leaves me breathless when I wake up. Just like the feelings brought by the voices two months ago, it starts to get in my head and make me question the things they tried to instill in my mind.

"Hello? Earth to Tiara!" A feminine voice broke me out of my trance.

I shook my head and pushed those thoughts at the back of my mind. Looking up, a worried face of a blue eyed girl looked back at me. Is she saying something? My brows furrowed and I pursed my lips, thinking about what we were talking about before my mind wandered.

She raised her left eyebrow and crossed her arms across her chest. "Really? I was talking here the entire time and you went daydreaming?" She said annoyed as she leaned back on her chair.

My lips curved up with a small smile remembering that she was talking about this new guy in her class who asked her out and as she described as 'so hot and handsome'.

"Angie, I'm listening. I am actually visualizing everything based on what you're saying." I reasoned out.

She leaned in and put her hands on the table. "Really?" With wide eyes, she whispered.

I nodded enthusiastically.

Liar. My conscience screamed. It's better to lie than to hurt her feelings, right? Besides, I have listened to half of her rants so I got an idea about what's bugging her.

"Then, what should I do? I feel so giddy when he's around. And- and his eyes.." She drifted off and sighed dreamily.

If it's possible for eyes to have hearts, she definitely would have those all over her. I cringed with my thoughts. Sensing my distaste in her reaction, she narrowed her eyes at me. Uh-oh. Did I just pissed her off?

"You should meet him." She said with finality.

I opened my mouth and closed it. I know, I looked like a fish with that. Forming an idea, I cleared my throat. "I don't think that's a good idea." My tone is laced with uncertainty.

Angie scoffed after hearing my words. "Of course you would disagree." Smirking, she continued. "Why would I be surprised?"

"So, it's alright with-."

She cut me midsentence, shaking her head. "No!" She exclaimed.

I rolled my eyes at her. Seriously, why does she have to drag me with that type of shit? I'm not interested in meeting anybody except the ones involved with my past and knows me very well.

"You just have to meet him. Then, maybe tell me what you think of him? I won't force you to be friends with each other. Please?" She pressed, making puppy eyes that makes her blue eyes hard to resist. Sadly, it broke my resolve.

With an exasperated sigh I raised my hands in surrender. I could never win against her stubborness. "Fine!"

Her eyes shined with glee. "Thank you!" She beamed at me and check the time on her wristwatch. I'm just quietly watching her when her eyes widened after checking the time.

"They'll be here anytime soon." She said excitedly and grinned widely after letting out a giggle.

I just stared at her blankly. "Great." I replied sourly. Well, what does she expect? She never gave me a heads up that we'll be meeting her 'date' and she even said 'they' which means she set me up with whoever it is and end up in a double date. How classic.

She didn't say anything and just sipped her iced coffee. What choice do I have than to face it and get done with it? I fished my phone from my bag and fiddled with it. Putting it down at the table, I looked around the coffee shop. A family drinking hot chocolate together caught my attention.

They seemed so happy together, making me wonder how it feels like to have a family. What happened to my family? Everything I know is only based on what Mira told me multiple times.

I am Tiara Roswell. My parents Timothy and Claire died a few months back, a week after my eighteenth birthday. That was almost five months ago since I was in a coma for over two months. They died when a group of robbers attacked our house and tried to kill us though we gave them whatever we have. My parents tried to protect me but, they weren't able to protect themselves.

After the criminals killed both my parents, then proceeded on killing me to avoid witnesses. Thus, I was battered and in a coma for a few months with the amount of damage my body took. The doctors were even surprised that I was able to survive after taking fatal blows. Saying my body must be very determined to stay alive yet, my mind took time to recover from the trauma.

That's what Mira told me. I'm a little shaken with the thought of my parents' horrible death and the battle I endured but, I can't keep my mind from thinking about the involvement of the doctors. After waking up from the coma, we never went to any doctor's appointment to check my wounds and my brain condition. That makes me wonder if everything they told me was true or they're lying all along.

I acted like I believe everything they told me and they never heard me question their motives, again. I tried that once and they didn't answer my questions directly, they just kept on repeating the whole story like a scripted manuscript.

The emptiness in my soul is alarming. It's starts to slowly mess up my thoughts. I really hope that someone would shed some light to my dark and disturbing situation. If Mira and the others are really lying, I have to know their motives and regain my life.

"Angie?" A male's voice interrupted my thoughts. I've been making a hobby of thinking nowadays.

Angie looked up and her eyes widened with surprise. She suddenly rose to her feet causing the chair to move back with a scraping sound.

"Hey!" She said almost nervously, raising her hand to wave a little with a shy smile on her face. Ain't she cute when she's nervous?

The silence stretched and she just stood there looking like a fool. Must have forgotten about me either. So, I cleared my throat to catch their attention.

Her turned slowly on my directly. "Oh!" She smiled sheepishly.

Yeah. Oh you completely forgot about me, I thought.

"Tiara this is Bane, Bane this is Tiara." She introduced and gestured to the available seats on the left and right of the table.

Turning my head to see this Bane, his dark brown eyes meeting mine and I looked away after giving him a smile and a 'nice to meet you'.

The tension on the table is getting thicker and everyone doesn't have the guts to speak out. I can feel his stare boring through my skull but I refused to acknowledge his presence, I'm talking about the other guy with Bane who is yet to be named.

Angie must have sensed that I'm uncomfortable. I don't want to be stared out, it's rude to do that.

She leaned in the table and regarded her date. "Aren't you going to introduce your friend?"

Then like a lightning just struck me when I heard his voice.

"Let me introduce myself." His velvety voice sent shivers down my spine and I whipped my head on his direction as a sense of familiary washed over me.

His gray eyes with streaks of gold held mine, pulling me into the abyss of unfathomable longing and sadness. "Trevor Arden." He drawled not taking his eyes off me.

Trevor. I kept repeating his name on my mind, like there's more to it than just a mere name.

And like the puzzle, his name matched with other pieces.

Trevor Arden, the owner of the voice. The one who said I have responsibility with.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

107K 24.3K 89
Title - Dangerous Personality Author - Mu Gua Huang MC- Xie Lin x Chi Qing Chapter 161 + 2 extras ထူးဆန်းသည့် ပြန်ပေးဆွဲမှုတစ်ခုအပြီးတွင် ချီချင်းတစ်...
Khalifa By laiba

Mystery / Thriller

1.8M 102K 56
✵ featured ~ ❝Once upon a time in Baghdad, a street girl teaches the Khalifa of the kingdom why a king needs a queen.❞ ✵ Started: June 5, 2021. Comp...
11.1K 475 35
Winston Academy [Book 1 Of The Blood War Chronicles] [Description] The wind blow, snow fell heavily as the light of the moon showed the bloody scene...
7.7K 185 18
"yeah, everything we broke and all the trouble that we made, but i say i hate you with a smile on my face" ...