A Wolverine in Gotham [Batman...

By KenPoirier

Wolverine travels to Gotham City to help Batman defeat an unstoppable foe. @superhero #superhero #Fanfic cont... More

A Wolverine in Gotham [contest version]

A Wolverine in Gotham [Extended Version]

515 7 3
By KenPoirier

Professor Xavier's School for the Gifted - Marvel Universe  

Wolverine, more often these days called Logan since the whole spandex jumpsuit thing went out of style, stood smoking a cigar in the middle of the driveway in front of Professor Xavier's School for the Gifted. Keeping him company was a young student named Rouge.

"When I first came here," said Wolverine in his grumpy voice, "You could smoke in the dorms. Now... I have to be twenty-five feet from school property."

"Really?" Rouge asked with sarcastic shock and a flair of southern charm. "I though you came out here to get away from us pesky kids."

"If it is the reason," said Wolverine with a bit of a smile, "I guess it ain't workin'."

Colossus, in his non-metallic form, came though the large steel gates that separated the campus from the driveway and made his way out to the truant pair.

"When it rains, it pours," said Wolverine with a chuckle to Rouge.

"Professor X needs to see you," said Colossus in his thick Russian accent. Even when he wasn't in metal form, he was as stiff and ridged as person could be, mutant or otherwise.

"Can't it wait til I'm done with my cigar? These things cost eight bucks a piece!" Wolverine growled at Colossus.

"I'm afraid it can't," said Colossus. "It would be best if you came now."

Wolverine let out a grumble and then handed the burning cigar to Rouge.

"Don't let it go to waste," Wolverine said with a wink. "Alright bucket-head! Let's go!"

***

Walking along side of Colossus, Wolverine made his way into the Cerebro Chamber. Along with Professor X, Cyclops, and Jean Grey, was a large piece of equipment Wolverine had never seen before.

"Let me guess... World's going to end... Secret Mission... Yada, yada, yada," said Wolverine with a smirk.

"Yes... Well..." stammered Professor X, "Something like that... But it's not our world that is in jeopardy."

"Whadda mean?" asked Wolverine. "Isn't saving one world enough? Now we have to go save some aliens?"

"Not aliens," said Jean Grey walking up to him. "Another Earth. Another dimension."

"And why would we want to do that?" Wolverine asked as his eyes started to role back.

"Not we..." said Professor X, "You."

"Me? Wait a second, bub... You want me to go to another dimension, by myself? It must not be a very big threat."

"Actually, Logan," said Jean Grey taking his hand, "You are the only one who can stop it. There is no one like you in their dimension. That's why only you can stop their greatest threat."

"If you don't do this..." said Professor X, "It will mean death for everyone on their planet, mutant and human alike. If you succeed, we will gain a very powerful ally."

"So this is really important?" Wolverine asked with a smile.

"Extremely," said Professor X.

"Okay then," said Wolverine, "I'll do it on one condition... I get to smoke my cigars wherever I want when I get back."

"Logan!" shouted Professor X. "You know that's a state law! We're a school for God's sake!"

"Well, I guess this Other-Earth just isn't that important," Wolverine turned and started to walk out of the Cerebro Chamber.

"Wolverine!" shouted Professor X. "Wait!"

Wolverine stopped and turned around to reveal a large grin on his face.

"You can smoke in the yard, but not in the buildings!" Professor X shouted at him in displeasure.

"Okay then," laughed Wolverine, "Let do this!"

***

Gotham City - DC Universe

Batman had followed the young thugs in to a back alley. They were getting ready to split their loot and go their separate ways.

If you're taking them down tonight, Batman thought to himself, this is your last chance.

Batman sprung from his hiding position on the fire-escape and descended on the thugs, throwing several batarangs as he did. In less than a minute, they were all disabled. Batman took out his bat-cuffs and began to secure his catch.

They're just kids, Batman thought, maybe I should have gone easier on them.

Ever since Superman had died, it seemed like Batman had no throttle control. Even though there had been an uptick in crime, it didn't warrant the kind of punishment that Batman was dishing out.

Damn you, Clark...

Batman heard footsteps approaching. He looked up to see a large back-lit figure marching down the alleyway.

"I'm looking for someone named Batman," said the shadowy figure in a growling voice, "I'm guessin' that's you."

"And you are?" Batman growled back taking a defensive position.

The figure stepped into the light.

"My name's Wolverine," he said. "Listen this is going to sound strange... but I'm from another dimension."

"Another dimension?" Batman asked, easing his posture. "What's your dimension like?"

Wolverine looked around the Alley full of trash and water waste.

"Well..." He said, "There's a lot more grass and it doesn't smell like a hobo's bathroom."

"So then," said Batman in a calm but raspy voice, "I suppose you need me to help you get back to your dimension."

"Actually," laughed Wolverine, "I'm here to help you. I guess your city is about to be attacked by some clown named..." He pondered for a second. "What was it again?"

"The Joker?" asked Batman.

"No..." said Wolverine, "Somebody named Doomsday."

***

Wolverine sat besides Batman as the Batmobile raced though the streets of Gotham.

"So any way..." Wolverine began, but Batman held his palm up in the air to cut him off.

"I have to make a few calls first," said Batman punching some buttons on the Batmobile's cockpit.

"Let me guess," said Wolverine, "on your bat-phone?"

"Well... It's a video phone," said Batman, "but yes. I call it the bat-phone."

Wolverine laughed.

On the Batmobile's HUD appeared the image of Commissioner Gordon.

"Bruce!" shouted Gordon, "Oh! Sorry, I didn't see you had company."

Batman gave Wolverine a sideways look before speaking.

"Commissioner, I haven't confirmed anything yet, but you may wish to prepare an evacuation of Gotham."

"Evacuation? Bru... Batman, what's going on?"

"This Gentleman here," said Batman looking Wolverine up and down, "claims we are about to be attacked again by Doomsday."

"Doomsday?" Gordon's mind raced. "But without Superman..."

"I know," said Batman. "Just be ready."

The video screen faded out to reveal the road ahead.

"So... Superman..." Wolverine began, but Batman held up his palm again. "You know, I'm getting really sick of that, Buddy!"

The video screen appeared again, this time a beautiful brunette with a gold crown.

"Watchtower," said the woman.

"Wonder Woman," said Batman, "I need you to check the tracking on the Doomsday asteroid."

Wonder Woman tapped away at a keyboard before her expression dropped.

"Oh my Goddess," said Wonder Woman, "It's headed straight for Gotham City."

"When?" Asked Batman.

"Now..."

***

The Batmobile came to a screeching halt and Batman jumped out of the roof hatch. He pressed the button on the side of his cowl that activated his thermal vision. He scanned the night sky until he saw the burning meteor hurling towards the city. He quickly calculated the Meteor's speed and trajectory. Wolverine popped his head out of the Batmobile's hatch.

"So... Can I ask questions now?" He asked.

"No," said Batman, "you can get out."

"You know," said Wolverine climbing out of the Batmobile, "people say I'm a jerk... I should really introduce them to you sometime."

"If you head down that street you should get there by the time the impact debris clears," Batman said as he climbed back into the Batmobile.

"What about you?" Wolverine yelped.

"I'm going to get a bigger boat," said Batman.

***

Batman was right. As Wolverine made his way down the street he saw the impact of the meteor dead ahead. Buildings crumbled around it as it hit. A large cloud of dust billowed into the air. It was soon followed by a sea of fleeing Gotham citizens.

"Keep going!" Wolverine shouted as he made his way though the helpless crowd. By the time he made it to the impact zone, the dust had settled and there stood the monster called Doomsday.

Suddenly he heard the voice of Batman.

"Wolverine! Are you there, Come in!"

"What the hell?" Wolverine looked down and saw a radio no bigger that a quarter clipped to his belt. He picked it up and pressed the small red button on it. "Batman? Is that you?"

"Have you made contact yet?" Batman asked.

"Well, if Doomsday is a big ugly thing, then yeah."

"Can you see that he has bone-like protrusions?"

"Yeah, I see 'em," said Wolverine.

"That's his weakness, not the skin," said Batman.

"Good to know, so what's the plan? Beat 'em up?" Wolverine asked.

"I'm in route with the Batwing. I need you to hold him off until I arrive."

"So... Beat 'em up. Check."

Wolverine clipped the radio to his belt and started running towards Doomsday. He leaped into the air, extruding his razor sharp claws from his fists and climbed onto the backside of Doomsday. He thrust his Adamantium claws against the back of the beast's neck, but they just slid off without notice from Doomsday.

"I guess he wasn't kidding!" said Wolverine before he started chipping away at one of the horns protruding from Doomsday's head. Doomsday howled in pain and began swatting at his attacker. "Well looks like I finally got your attention!"

Doomsday grabbed Wolverine with both hands and threw him down the road. Wolverine plowed though the gravel until finally coming to stop half a block away in a pile of rubble. He got up, his clothes torn to sheds, he ripped the remains of his white undershirt from his chest.

"You bastard! These jeans cost me forty-five dollars! Jeans don't grow back you know!" he shouted at Doomsday who let out a roar in response.

Wolverine coughed and wiped a small amount of blood from his mouth with his fingers.

"Not much worse then fighting the Hulk," he said to himself before starting another charge. He leaped into the air, but this time Doomsday caught him midair. Wolverine swiped away at Doomsday with his claws, but could not make contact.

Doomsday hurled him though the air again, but this time into a collapsed building. As Wolverine was engulfed in rubble, Doomsday lead his charge. Before Wolverine could free himself, Doomsday was on top of him, pounding him deeper and deeper into the rubble of the fallen building. Wolverine was helpless.

"Is that all you got?" Wolverine laughed, coughing up blood though his stained teeth. This infuriated Doomsday who continued to pound Wolverine until it tore the flesh from the bottom of his face revealing Wolverine's Adamantium covered jaw.

Doomsday stood up and continued his survey of Gotham City.

Less than minute later, Wolverine's Adamantium skull opened up and began coughing up blood. Wolverine took a deep breath and began climbing out of the rubble. By the time he was on his feet, the flesh of his face was already beginning to regenerate.

"So..." He said in a harsh voice, "You want to play rough, eh, bub?"

***

Batman flew over the impact zone in the Batwing. Wolverine was badly injured, but somehow still alive and fighting. Batman took no pleasure in what he was about to do.

Look at all those buildings, How many people have died already? A hundred-thousand? Half a Million? No. You have no choice this time...

After the last attack from Doomsday... After Superman died... He knew he would have to be ready if the time every came. He hoped it never would, but it did and that time was now. Against Alfred's advisement, he had acquired two tactical nuclear missiles that might had otherwise ended up in the hands of terrorists.

These missiles were now attached to the Batwing and ready to launch. They were very small as nuclear missiles went, but none-the-less anyone who didn't evacuate the area by now would surely die.

You know what Clark would say... Say? He'd be fighting you instead of Doomsday, you damn fool...

***

The radio crackled.

"Wolverine! You got to get the hell out of there!"

"I'm not out of this fight yet!" shouted Wolverine into the radio.

"I can't fire with you that close, you need to run, now!" Batman shouted.

"You do what you got to do, Batboy. But I'm finished when I say I'm finished!"

He threw the radio to the ground and began his charge. This time he got the drop on Doomsday.

Batman fired the rockets and soon the two were engulfed in flame.

Instantly the flesh disappeared from Wolverine's body. With no eyes to see, no ears to hear, without muscles, his Adamantium skeleton tore away at Doomsday's now weakened and irradiated body.

After the fire subsided, the first thing to regenerate was Wolverine's eyes. He saw Doomsday dead before him and the Batwing soar through the sky.

***

Professor Xavier's School for the Gifted - Marvel Universe 

Wolverine emerged from Mr. Sinister's dimensional transporter inside of the Cerebro chamber. He was dressed in a three piece suit. Jean Grey gave him a hug as Cyclops glared.

"Nice threads," said Jean with a smile.

"Thanks," said Wolverine, "turns out this Batman guy is rich... And guess what else..." He pulled out a cigar and lit it. "There's no embargo on Cuba in their dimension!"

"Wolverine!" Professor X cried. "There's still no smoking inside Cerebro!"

"All right," sighed Wolverine with a chuckle. "Stop spinning your wheels, I'm going outside..."

The End

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

246K 6.1K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
1.1M 49.3K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
7.3M 302K 38
~ AVAILABLE ON AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/dp/164434193X ~ She hated riding the subway. It was cramped, smelled, and the seats were extremely unc...
588K 13.2K 40
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.