All I Ever Wanted

By EverEnchantingE

We can't always get what we want in life. I found that out when I lost my best friend to the one thing he lov... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Epilogue

Chapter 13

2.3K 50 4
By EverEnchantingE

The last person I expect to see when my eyes flutter open is Steph Curry, yet there he sits in a chair beside the bed, grinning at me like the Cheschire Cat. "Mornin' sunshine."

I groan and roll over before pulling the blankets back over my head, closing my eyes as a dizzy spell begins to wash over me and my stomach rumbles uneasily.

He chuckles. "C'mon, Logan, don't you want to know what happened last night?"

"Not really," I mumble, clutching my head and willing the pain to go away. How much did I drink last night?

"According to Ava, four," Steph said, and I wince when the blankets are pulled off of me. Instead of seeing his amused grin, I am met with a glass of water amd a few white pills, which I thank him for before immediately downing them both.

Glancing around the room, uneasiness fills me. "I'm at Klay's, aren't I?"

Steph nods as he takes a seat on the bed next to me and slings and arm around my shoulder. "Yup."

Warily, I look at him, completely surprised that he is treating me so nicely for someone who ripped his best friend's heart out of his chest. "Why are you being so nice to me?"

"Why not?"

My eyes fall down to my lap. "I hurt Klay..."

Tears form in my eyes and I sniffle quietly as I think back the last time I was in this room with Klay, the things that I had said to him and how I had acted. All I want to do is take all of it back, and I don't even know how or where to begin...

"Aww, Logan, don't cry," he cooes, pulling me in closer and rubbing my arm comfortingly, "yeah, he's hurting, but so are you, and you're both my friends. I want you guys to be happy together, but only if that's what you want-..."

"It is what I want!" I tell him desperately, rubbing my eyes to rid them of my tears.

A smirk forms on his lips. "I know."

For a moment, I just stare at him in disbelief before shaking my head and slugging him softly on the arm, causing him to laugh.

"Just tell him how you really feel, Logan," Steph tells me before placing a soft kiss on top of my head and rising from the bed.

Fidgeting with my fingers, I fight a fresh wave of tears. "He doesn't want anything to do with me, Steph. He doesn't care. Look, he isn't even here right now..."

Steph busts out laughing, much to my surprise. How he can find something funny at a time like this...

He wipes his eyes and smiles widely at me. "Logan, you should've seen him last night. You probably don't remember, but...anyways, ask him what happened. Trust me when I say that he cares about you more than...well, everything. And the only reason why he isn't with you right now is cause' I made him go downstairs and get a fresh ice pack for his hand."

My eyes widen in shock, the flutter in my heart hard to ignore. "What happened to his hand?"

Steph just grins and winks at me before opening the door and walking out, closing it behind him.

Leaning back against the headboard, I close my eyes and sift through the fog in my head to try and remember a shred of what happened last night. I remember going to the bar with Ava...drinking...seeing Klay there with Desiree...dancing with a stranger...

Flashback:

Groggily, I opened my eyes and tried to focus on the scene in front of me. There was a loud commotion from just a few feet away, where a few guys looked to be in a scuffle.

"Bro, let it go! Come on!" Steph yelled, and I struggled to make sense of what was happening. My eyes fell shut again, and the next thing I knew, I was being lifted up into a strong pair of arms and carried through the club.

"You're gonna get into so much trouble for this, Klay! Why the hell did you do that?!" Steph asked frustratedly, and I moaned quietly as my head felt like it was swimming.

Cool air hit my skin, and I shivered as I burried my face further into the chest of the man that was carrying me.

"That asshole shouldn't have ever touched her," Klay growled, and my heart did a small summer sault I drifted off again.

End Flashback

Tears pour down my cheeks and I cover my mouth with my hands as I realize just how crazy about Klay Thompson I am. Ava is right, and so is Steph: I need to tell him how I feel. If what I just saw really is a memory of last night and not just something that I imagined, then maybe he still does care about me... God, I hope so.

Throwing back the covers, I glance down to see that I am wearing nothing but one of Klay's large tshirts that covers me small body like a dress, ending midway below my thighs. My hair feels like a mess and I know that I probably look awful, but I don't care.  Nothing is going to stop me from telling Klay how I feel right now.

Quickly, I throw open the door to his bedroom and run down the stairs, hoping that he is still in the kitchen like Steph said he was. Please, please let him be there...

Bursting into the kitchen, I slide to a hault, my chest heaving up and down as my eyes land on the two occupants around the island. Steph is grinning at me, leaning against the sink with his arms crossed over his chest, and Klay... oh, he looks so handsome in his form fitting black tshirt, even with his horribly bruised hand that he currently has a bag of peas resting on top of. His eyes darken as soon as they meet mine, and he opens his mouth.

"Logan-..."

"I love you," I say breathlessly, staring at him with flushed cheeks, and I watch as his entire body freezes.

The entire room is silent for a moment, and my nerves begin to sink in as the adrenaline I had felt seconds ago begins to wear off. Suddenly, I feel very small and very open, afraid of rejection. What if Ava and Steph are wrong and I missed my chance after all?

Tears begin to fill my eyes and body starts to shake as I fear overtakes me. Oh god, I messed everything up for good. After a lifetime of everything going wrong, when I am finally offered something right... I mess it up. Figures, story of my life.

I hold my breath as I watch Klay chuck the bag of peas onto the counter and slowly walk over to me, his eyes never leaving mine. "Say it again."

Swallowing hard, I don't even bother wiping the tears that trail down my cheeks. "I love you, Klay. And I...I want to be with you, more than any-..."

But he doesn't give me a chance to finish my sentence. A small yell escapes my lips as I find myself being picked up in his arms, and I wrap my legs around his waist as he carries me from the kitchen. The last thing I see before we leave the room is a very happy Steph.

"I'll just let myself out!" He yells, winking at me before disappearing from view.

"Klay," I say quietly, still nervous since he has yet to respond to me. My heart is beating at full speed, and I'm afraid that if he stays quiet much longer I am going to die from nervousness.

Once again, I find myself in his room, and I let out an 'oomph' when he dumps me unceremoniously onto his bed. As I scramble to sit up, he closes the door behind him and locks it before turning his serious gaze onto me, his eyes not giving anything away.

"So you want to be with me?" He asks again, crossing his arms over his chest.

Not knowing what else to say, I nod my head.

"Not that guy you were dancing with last night? You sure seemed to like him," he mutters darkly, and I gasp with fear as his tone grips my heart.

"No! I-I..." I fight back more tears as I move up onto my knees, desperately begging him to understand, "I saw you with Desiree, and I...I..."

"You let him touch all over you. You two seemed to be having a good time."

"No!" I yell out frustratedly, slamming my hands down on the bed. "I was drunk! And angry. Desiree was hanging all over you, you were touching her all over, and it made me sick to my stomach to see... I just couldn't deal with it. Seeing you with her made me feel like there was no hope of being with you, Klay. I-..."

"You what, Logan?" He asks, his voice cold.

"I want to be yours! And I want you to be mine. I'm so sorry I said what I did. I don't want you to leave me alone. I didn't all of those years ago, and I don't want you to now. I... I was afraid of what came with being with you, with giving my heart up to you, but I'm not afraid anymore. It's all worth it to be with you."

Tears freely pour down my cheeks, my eyes are red, my heart is aching, but I don't care. I take a deep breath and continue on, knowing that if I don't get this all out now, I never will.

"Hope loves you, I love you, and we... we want to be a big happy family with you, and Rocco, too. These past few days without you...Klay, I miss you so much. All I want to do is be with you. You're the only thing I want. Not your money, your fame, none of that... I just want to make you happy, and I am so sorry that I hurt you in the first place. Please, forgive me..." My voice breaks off.

My entire body is so emotionally drained and still so exhausted from last night that I can barely manage to stay upright, but I push past it as I stare at the man of my dreams standing just feet away.

Despite everything that I have just said, he's still silent, and it leaves me with little hope that things between us will ever be the same. Slowly, my eyes drift downwards towards the bed and shut, and I bite my lip to keep my loud heartwrenching sobs from escaping deep within me.

"Please, even...even if I've blown my chance at being yours, please forgive me...I... it'll hurt, but I want to at least be your friend. I don't want to lose you..."

It would honestly be less painful right now if a whale came and swallowed me whole. My heart is shattering into a million pieces, and the longer the silence stretches out, the more I wish I could just disappear.

"Say something," I plead, hoping that he'll respond. At this point, whether it is good or bad, I need to know something.

Just as he opens his mouth to speak, a loud banging on his bedroom door startles us both, and he cautiously opens it, only to find Steph standing there with his hand covering his eyes. "Aye, y'all decent I hope? I'm sorry, but Klay, Coach found out about last night, and he wants to talk to you. The media is all over it."

My entire body slumps, and before either of the guys can say anything, I scramble off of the bed and run to the bathroom, locking the door shut behind me.

"Uh, did you guys make up? Everything good?" I hear Steph ask hopefully. The only sound I hear in response is the sound of the bedroom door slamming shut with extre force than necessary, and I sink down onto the floor in a heeping mess as I finally allow myself to fall apart.

"Logan, are you okay?" Steph asks worriedly, and my only response is more sobs as I unlock the door and fall into his awaiting arms.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.9K 485 45
An up and coming singer forms a friendship with an NBA All-Star, but hidden feelings begin to surface and complicate their dynamic.
56.4K 1.2K 26
•"I'm not exactly the best driver" •"I noticed" He thought he would never fall in love again, but instead crashed into love.
6.6K 85 21
Angeline Beaufort and Klay Thompson dated when they were young, but Angeline had to return to her hometown, Paris, so the two broke up. Now she wen...
344 4 13
He was everything I wanted and he was everything I needed. He was tall, athletic, incredibly handsome, and he had my heart in his hands. He was my...