Accidentally In Love ~A Niam...

By TemperedGrace

Niall Horan is the only openly gay guy in his school. Liam Payne is one half of the school's alpha couple, an... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
UPDATE
Chapter 20
Chapter 22

Chapter 21

19.1K 345 94
By TemperedGrace

*Liam's POV*

I drove to school, ignoring the speed limit, letting my anger take over my mind. I was going to kill Zayn. I couldn't believe him. I didn't know why the hell he would kiss Niall, but he hurt him. Why else would Niall have left last night, sobbing? Maybe kissing him was a part of Zayn's new plan of torture for Niall. All I knew was that Zayn was going to stop. I promised Niall I would never let him get hurt again. And I planned to keep that promise with everything I had.

I pulled into the parking lot, almost crashing into a passing car. I ignored the angry stream of profanities sent my way and continued to park. I slammed my door shut and stormed into the school. I wasn't thinking clearly, my rage was was causing me to act impulsive, but I didn't care. I scanned the courtyard until my eyes fell upon a half hidden black quiff in the back of the space. I was about to stalk over when I felt a warm, tentative hand on my shoulder.

"Liam, please listen," his accent was thick with anxiety. I turned to see those big eyes I loved so much, dark with worry. "Don't do anything to him--"

I cut him off. "Niall, Zayn hurt you. He isn't going to get away with this," I assured him.

"Liam! He didn't hurt me--" Niall pleaded.

"Look, I don't care if he told you not to say anything. You can't listen to him just because he threatened you! I'm going to take care of it Ni."

"But he didn't!" I left without hearing anything else. Zayn sat in the back corner of the courtyard, headphones in, scowling at the world. Seeing him sit there, after everything he had done to Niall, caused me to tremble with anger. He saw me coming towards him and his eyes grew wide. He shot up and grabbed his bag. I wasn't going to let him get away from me.

"ZAYN!" I bellowed. He froze and turned slowly. Zayn stood still. His face void of any emotion. The only thing I could read were his eyes. The dark gold orbs were dampened with fear. Fear and regret. He should regret everything. I thought of everything he had done. Every cruel word he spat at Niall. Every blow he aimed at the boy I loved. Everytime I let him walk all over me. I let my resentment and anger fill every part of my being. It took over my mind, blinding me from reason. It soaked my heart, blocking out everything. I let it build up, dictating my actions. I pulled back my fist and let it at him with as much force as I could muster. My fist collided with his face and he flew back, landing on the ground with a satisfying thump.

"Liam! No!" a familiar voice shouted, but I was deaf to it.

"Get up! Get up you ass!" I spat. Zayn struggled to stand, emotion finally showing on his face. I expected him to fight back, but he just stood still. I attacked him again, pulling him onto the ground. My fist flew, pounding every inch of his body I could reach.

"How dare you?!" I yelled in my fury. "How dare you hurt him?! How dare you do anything to him!" He didn't respond, he allowed his body to be pummeled by me. It boggled my mind why he wouldn't fight back, I wanted him to fight back. All I could see on his face was regret. A very exhausted regret. It made no sense to me but I didn't stop. "Why aren't you fighting back? Fight back like a man! Fight back--"

Someone pulled me back. I gritted my teeth and fought their strong grip. My arms were still flailing and I was screaming every harsh word that came to my mind. 

"Liam! Stop!" Harry yelled, squeezing my arms.

"Let me go! Let me at him!" I struggled.

Niall ran in front of Zayn, shielding him with his body. "Liam! No! He didn't hurt me!" he exclaimed, blue eyes bright and wide. 

"Yes he did! He--" I argued confused.

"Liam," Bekah's clear voice came. I looked to my left and she stood there, next to Louis, who looked just as confused as I felt. "He didn't hurt Niall. Niall isn't the one who is hurting, Zayn is."

I stopped fighting. "What? But he . . .Niall . . .crying . . ." I trailed off, looking at Zayn who watched me with wide eyes behind Niall. Niall stared at me, pleading silently.

"Zayn didn't do anything to hurt me. He's hurting himself," Niall spoke, his voice was strained. Zayn stood up and for the first time ever, I saw tears streaming down his face. He looked around, taking in the silenced crowd around us. He spun immediately and ran into the school.

"Zayn!" Niall yelled and sprinted after him.

"Niall!" I didn't know what was going on, but my instinct wasto not let him be alone with Zayn. I shrugged Harry's grip off of me and ran after Niall. 

"Shit. Liam, come back!" Harry said behind me, following on my heels. 

*Niall's POV*

"Zayn!" I yelled, running blindly around the hallways. I heard Liam somewhere nearby, but I ignored him. I suddenly thought of where Zayn would be. Bursting into the locker room, I yelled. "ZAYN! Za--" I stopped. He sat there in the corner. Tears slipped down his face and he held something in his hand. With a start I realized it was his knife. It moved across his forearm in quick movements. I could hear him hiss from the pain.

"No! Stop that!" he jumped and dropped the blade. His eyes met mine and I saw the pain boiling in them. "Zayn--" my voice broke and I fell to my knees beside him. "You . . .you. . . why?"

"The pain's too much Niall, I need this," he said weakly. I looked down at his arm. Fresh, red cuts criss-crossed over old, white scars. 

"Zayn, you don't need this. You don't. I know you are in pain. I know how you feel," I gripped his hand.

"No, you don't," he looked away.

"Oh, no?" I shoved my shirt up and showed him my past. The past I hated to remember. Shiny burns lined up from my waistline to my chest. Small white scars formed the word 'fag' over them. My painful past littered my body, harsh reminders of my darkest times. "You feel alone. Like even though you're surrounded by people, no one can hear you. You feel disgusted, like a freak. You hurt yourself to feel something besides a constant loneliness. You hate yourself."

Zayn's face was shiny with tears. Raw emotion glowed in his eyes. 

"But you shouldn't hate yourself. There isn't anything wrong with you. You aren't a freak. You aren't disgusting. You were made like this, you can't control it. You have to accept it. And you aren't alone. Trust me on that. You are loved. You have me and--"

"You have us," Bekah's voice ended my sentence. I turned to see Bekah, Harry, and Louis standing by the door. Harry looked grim and Louis nodded at Bekah's words. Liam stood behind Harry, his brow  furrowed, looking confused.

"Zayn . . . you're. . ." he began slowly.

"Gay," Zayn nodded.

"But--you . . .Niall?" Liam looked to me for an explanation. 

I looked at Zayn for permission and he nodded. "Zayn is in . . .love with me. He's known for months. And he's been torturing himself forever. So while he was hurting me, he was hurting himself," I told Liam gently.

Liam came to kneel beside me. "Zayn, why didn't you tell us? I wouldn't of cared," he whispered.

"I know, I should've told you, but I-I just couldn't admit it to myself," Zayn met Liam's eyes. His vision dropped down to my hand, Liam's was wrapped around it. Sadness flooded Zayn's face.

"Er, Liam?" I nudged him, motioning to our hands.

"What? Oh, sorry." he dropped my hand. "But, Zayn we are here for you."

"Thank you," Zayn breathed, his lip quivered. Harry and Louis nodded and together said,"So are we."

"Just one question," Bekah broke the silence. "How packed was that closet with all of you in it?"

Zayn broke into a smile and for the first time ever I heard his laugh.

**************************************************************************************

ASDFGHJKL. One. More. Chapter.

I can't believe this story is almost over. GRADUATION NEXT CHAPTER! WHOOP WHOOP.

So here's the thing--I can't upload the sequel UNTIL I have a title for it -.- Which I don't, so don't expct it too soon.

DEDICATION TO GEMMACOOK JUST BECAUSE SHE IS AWESOME AND I LUFF HER. Go fan her. I dare you.

The Lovely Side Notes:

I have to pee--what else is new.

Remember kids, butt sex is hazardous for your health. I call it death by doggy style.

EVERYBODY IS GAY...fivesome?

I want this story to end. UGH. It gives me ogada.

B-A-N-A-N-A

I just had my first pringle--it really wasn't worth the hoopla.

I make myself cry.

Yeahup Bekah knows how to ruin a moment xD

So here is the dealio my beautiful loves. I need 35 votes and 35 comments to upload the very last chapter of AIL. And comments just saying 'upload please' don't count. So make them memorable and make them lovely, like yourselves.

Corny much?

And don't forget to vote for me in the One Direction Undiscovered Gems Watty Awards in Best First Chapter. Best Description, and Best Overall Fanfic :D

Vote-Fan-Comment-Message Me-Stay Beautiful.xx

Bai Loves.xx-Paige

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

235K 9.6K 34
The one in which Harry and Niall are fake dating each other.
135K 4.1K 26
COMPLETED AND CURRENTLY IN EDITING BY CO-WRITER @BRADFORDS It was just a bet. Liam, Niall, and Zayn bet Harry and Louis that they can't date for a ye...
113K 2.2K 14
A fan believes the rumour that Liam broke up with Danielle when he found out that she was pregnant, and when she doesn’t give up Louis does the only...
235K 11.5K 49
Niall loves to stick his head in books, learning all he can, as much as he possibly can, filling his brain with knowledge. Liam is the basketball st...