Soldier (A Bucky Barnes Fanfi...

By flamingbucky

[COMPLETED] 1917-1944. (Bucky x Female OC) *Book 2 is now up! Check out my profile!* ~ "Bucky, I want to go s... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Epilogue

Chapter 6

12.7K 345 613
By flamingbucky

Both Steve and Bucky went to the recruitment center to apply for the army. Bucky came back with an enlistment form with a large '1A' stamp on the front while Steve's sported a '4F'.

"Steve, it's alright, you'll get in," Adeline assured her friend. In all honesty, she didn't want him joining the war.

"Yeah, thanks, Adeline," Steve said, looking at his almost full plate of food. He picked at a French fry once again, sighing. "I think I'm just gonna head home, guys. Thanks for the food." Steve walked out of the dinner before either Adeline or Bucky could protest.

Soon Adeline and Bucky were walking home. It was already nine o'clock and Adeline hadn't anticipated being out that late.

"So, when do you leave for training?" Adeline asked as they walked down the mundane streets of Brooklyn. Not many people were out as many men had already left for training.

"Three days," Bucky responded. "Camp McCoy, Wisconsin."

"How long?" Adeline asked.

"Six weeks," Bucky responded. "What about you?"

"December 29th, a week from today," Adeline said. "Camp Blanding, Florida."

"You get the warm weather," Bucky joked, though his eyes stayed humorless.

"You're scared," Adeline stated as she stopped walking to look up at him.

"You're not?" Bucky asked, turning to her. "My whole life, my parents told me war stories. How my father fought in the war and how his father before him. And now, it's my turn. I just don't want to disappoint them. I want them to talk about me, remember me."

"It sounds like you're already dead," Adeline commented, starting to walk again.

"Not yet," Bucky responded with a short, humorless laugh. "But I might be."

"Don't talk like that," Adeline said softly, looking into his distant blue eyes.

"And you, you're choosing this life," Bucky said with a hint of annoyance. "Why? When you could stay here, have a loving husband, a house, hell, maybe even some kids. The American Dream!"

"Do you want an honest answer?" Adeline retorted.

"That's the only answer I would expect from you, Adeline," Bucky responded bitterly.

"Well it's because of you," Adeline said, stopping and turning toward him. "It's because the only man I've ever truly loved isn't going to be here. It's because I don't want to stay home waiting for a letter from you to know you're still alive. It's because I don't want to be the one staring at your casket knowing that I could've done something. It's because of you, okay!" Bucky stood in shock, looking down at Adeline whose soft brown eyes brimmed with tears. Finally, her confession came out.

"Do you really mean that?" Bucky asked softly.

"I don't know, you tell me," Adeline responded in a shaky voice. "The Christmas of '38. Did you mean that? And how about everything in between? Or was it just dumb love?"

"Of course I meant it. All of it," Bucky responded, surprise showing in his voice.

"Then why didn't you stop me from leaving that day?" Adeline asked. "Why did you let me go to D.C.?"

"That was what you wanted," Bucky said. "I wasn't gonna stop you, Adeline, because if you stayed, you wouldn't have found yourself." Adeline shook her head, staring down at the ground, biting her lip.

"What the hell are we doing?" Adeline asked, looking back up at him.

"I have no idea," Bucky breathed. Their chests were almost touching and their closeness was intoxicating.

"Bucky," Adeline breathed, looking up at him, "you know that if we do this, it'll be a hell of a lot harder leaving."

"I think we are way past that point, Adeline." Bucky brought his hands to either side of Adeline's face, their lips soon connected. It was blissful yet desperate. There was a need behind the kiss that wasn't there before. Bucky pulled away slowly and began to laugh.

"I really hate you, Barnes," Adeline said, joining his laughter.

"I just never thought we'd end up here," Bucky said as Adeline pulled him in for another kiss.

"You know," Adeline said, pulling back to look him in the eyes, "that's the first time you didn't say 'I hate you' back."

"I hate you," Bucky said with a smile, kissing her once again.

~*~

Adeline and Steve were at the train station to see Bucky off. The sky was grey and the air felt heavy as snowflakes began to float down. Bucky held a small container of soup for the road and wore a nervous grin.

"It's only six weeks, it's not so bad," Bucky said, trying to comfort his silent friend. "You keep practicing and when I get back, the three of us can go get dinner at the cheap diner down the road from Arlene's place. You know, the one with all the cats?"

"Yeah, I'll see you then," Steve said, his head down and his hands in his pockets.

"Come on, man," Bucky said, patting Steve's shoulder. Bucky finally pulled the smaller man in for an embrace.

"Be safe out there, jerk," Steve said, patting his friend's back.

"Only if you stay safe here, punk," Bucky responded as they separated.

"I'll meet you in the car," Steve said, knowing Adeline would want some time with Bucky. Adeline responded with a soft nod and watched Steve make his way to the car which was parked out in the lot. Adeline looked up at Bucky, whose grin disappeared.

"Six weeks, not so bad," Adeline said.

"Yeah," Bucky nodded nervously.

"When I get back, my mom said she'd make a big dinner," Adeline said. "Something to look forward to."

"I can already taste it," Bucky said with a short laugh and Adeline gave him a small smile.

"Stay safe," Adeline said, adjusting the collar of Bucky's shirt then smoothing it down.

"Only if you do," Bucky responded. Adeline got on her toes, her hand at the nape of his neck so she could pull him down to press their lips together.

"Now you have to come back," Adeline said. The train's harsh whistle blew, causing Bucky to back away.

"I'll see you in seven weeks," he called, finally getting on the train. Adeline watched as the train began to move away from the platform. She didn't move until it was completely out of sight.

"Adeline," Steve's voice broke Adeline from her thoughts.

"Steve, I thought you were waiting by the car," Adeline said, turning around.

"I was, but I thought you could use a friend," Steve said with a shrug, causing Adeline to smile.

"Come on, my mom's making split pea soup." Adeline grasped Steve's hand as they walked away from the now empty train station.

|Monday, December 29, 1941|

Parting was hard as usual. Steve hung his head as another one of his friends was going off to lay down their lives in the war effort. She tried to comfort him with empty words, but nothing seemed to make him pick up his head. It was her first day in Florida and it wasn't what she had expected. She expected it to be an all women's camp but she was surprised when men went running past all in formation, the sand billowing in clouds as their feet made contact with the ground. The sun beat down and the humidity in the air made it hard to breathe.

"You must be Adeline Adams," a strong voice struck her as she stepped into the camp.

"Yes, sir," Adeline responded.

"You're better than most men that arrive at this camp," he complimented. "Follow me, I will show you to your barracks." Adeline followed the seemingly rigid drill sergeant. He was tall, his stature was stiff, and his back was seemingly permanently straightened as though a metal pole had replaced his spine causing his shoulders to be pressed back. His face was structured and his mouth was in a tight line. Adeline wondered if he could even smile.

"You will find your clothes laid out on a bed for you and everything you need will be in there," the drill sergeant said.

"Thank you, sir," Adeline said, walking in.

"Be in the courtyard by 1500 hours," the drill sergeant ordered.

"Yes, sir," Adeline responded as he left. She didn't see any other women at the camp which concerned her. She wanted to ask the drill sergeant but she knew better. Adeline simply closed the door and changed into her clothes which fashioned trousers, an undershirt and a button up shirt. All articles of clothing were an army green that didn't flatter her at all.

By three o'clock, she stood at attention in the dirt courtyard, much to her relief, surrounded by eleven other women. They each got numbers and that was what they were to be called. Adeline was no longer Adeline Marie Adams, but Agent 22. Or when the drill sergeant was angry, it was just 22.

~*~

"If you can't swim, you'd better learn real quick!" The drill sergeant that Adeline had come to know as Sergeant Samuel Jacobs, yelled as the women ran toward the water. Adeline was grateful that she was able to swim as she brought up the front of the group. Her god awful army green clothes dragging her down as her boots filled with water.

"She can't swim!" One of the women called as Adeline turned to see a head of blonde hair struggle to stay up. Adeline tried to swim over to the panicking woman but her water filled boots and soaked clothes only allowed her to swim so fast. Adeline quickly ripped off her button up shirt, allowing her to move faster through the water. She got a hold of the woman, trying to keep the woman and herself above the warm water. Adeline finally felt her feet hit the sand and by then there was a group of men watching the scene. Adeline had had it. The seemingly best drill sergeant in the military had been putting them through life threatening tasks. Adeline stalked up to the drill sergeant, her clothes sticking to her body and her red lipstick smeared across her cheek.

"If you want spies, you should concentrate on keeping them alive," Adeline spat, walking around the drill sergeant.

"22, get back here!" Sergeant Jacobs yelled. Adeline turned around, glaring through her wet hair. The soldiers all looked between Adeline and the drill sergeant nervously. "The courtyard." Adeline knew what was coming.

That night she was to stay awake, sitting in a trough of ice cold water. By the time the sun rose, she was shaking, her clothes heavy with cold water. The rest of the six weeks were spent trying to keep her mouth shut and her aim straight. However, it seemed as though the drill sergeant was out to get her, finding anything she was doing wrong.

"22! You're up!" Sergeant Jacobs yelled. The women were sparring with the male soldiers and everyone was uneasy. The wind picked up, blowing the sand in Adeline's face as she stepped into the center with one of the biggest men that she had seen yet. She got ready, analyzing her opponent, however, his large fist came sooner than expected. She fell to the ground, quickly getting up.

"Come on, 22!" Sergeant Jacobs yelled, only to be punched down again. Adeline knew she couldn't get an edge on the soldier this way. She quickly dodged the man's next punch and slid through his legs, hopping up on his back. She wrapped her arms around his neck, cutting off his oxygen. He struggled underneath her grip before his large hand captured her arm, tossing her off with force. She landed with a thud on the ground, allowing herself to roll in the sand. The wind blew up the sand, getting into the soldier's eyes, allowing Adeline enough time to dodge his foot. She grabbed his ankle, pulling up quickly which caused him to fall back, shaking the earth beneath him.

Adeline took in a wheezing breath as she staggered up to him. The soldier got up, breathing hard as well before throwing a sluggish punch her way. Adeline grabbed his slow-moving wrist, using it as leverage to swing her legs up around his neck. The man struggled beneath her, his hands finding her hips, attempting to throw her off, but her ankles were locked. She let out a shout as she swung herself around back, her weight pulling him down to the ground. She jumped off as his head hit the dusty earth with a crack and his eyes rolled to the back of his head. Adeline breathed hard as the dust blew in circles around her.

Everyone looked at Adeline in surprise. She was the first win of the woman's group and she stood proud over the groaning man. She loved the feeling of control within the fight, but she hated how she loved it.

|Monday, February 9, 1942|

Adeline was finally on the train home. Though a little tougher, a little more disciplined, she was still Adeline. She could hardly contain her excitement as the train neared the platform. She wore her new women's military issued army green skirt, blouse and jacket. She pulled her coat tight as she exited into the frigid February air. She looked around, trying to find Bucky and Steve who both said they would be here to pick her up.

"Adeline!" She heard a familiar voice. Adeline looked around, her eyes finally landing on Bucky. Adeline ran toward him, wrapping her arms around his shoulders as he picked her up, spinning her around.

"God, I missed you," Bucky mumbled into her neck as her feet came into contact with the ground.

"I missed you too," Adeline said into his chest. Adeline pulled away, quickly catching his lips with hers which surprised him.

"Where's the old Adeline and what did you do with her?" Bucky asked as they pulled away.

"I haven't seen you for seven weeks, I think I'm entitled," Adeline responded with a grin. "Where's Steve?"

"Hey, Adeline," Steve said, walking into view. It sounded like he was just getting over another bout of pneumonia.

"Steve," Adeline said, pulling her friend in tight while he weakly wrapped his arms around her. "I missed you so much."

"I missed you too," Steve rasped as she pulled away, placing a kiss on the smaller boy's cheek.

"You boys still coming for that dinner my mom's making tonight?" Adeline asked, looking between the two.

"Wouldn't miss it for the world," Bucky responded with a smile.

They soon arrived at the Adams' house and Adeline was greeted with hugs and kisses. The house smelt of fresh homemade bread and soup. They made light-hearted conversation, mostly avoiding the topic of war which both Adeline and Bucky were grateful for. Bucky and Adeline walked Steve home early as his coughing fits got worse.

"You just need some rest," Adeline said, wetting the rag again in the cool water, dabbing Steve's sweaty forehead. He could barely keep his eyes open as he breathed a soft agreeance while Adeline continued dab at his forehead. She finally draped the wet rag across his forehead while Bucky brought in some snow which she placed on the wet cloth before placing another sheet of fabric over it. Adeline took Steve's hand, squeezing it tightly. She felt a hand on her shoulder, causing her to look up at Bucky.

"He'll be fine, Adi," Bucky said. Adeline nodded and before leaving, she placed a kiss to Steve's cheek. Adeline lay on the couch, her head resting on Bucky's thigh.

"What was it really like?" Bucky asked.

"What do you mean?" Adeline asked, staring at the stained, off-white ceiling.

"Your training," Bucky responded. "What you told your family was a lie. I could see it. You know you have a nervous tick in your left hand, right?" Adeline grabbed her left hand with her right, covering it and biting her lip.

"Why do you have to be so nosy?" Adeline asked, still staring at the ceiling.

"I'm not nosy, I'm observant," Bucky responded.

"Yeah, and that annoying trait got you ranked sergeant, didn't it?" Adeline asked with a laugh.

"Yes it did, doll," Bucky responded with a smirk, looking down at Adeline, a smile crossing his face. Adeline looked at him, his hair was shorter and his blue eyes changed. It was subtle but Adeline could tell there was something different, something changed.

"I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours," Adeline said.

"I asked first," Bucky countered. Adeline sighed, focusing back to the ceiling.

"I made it through, didn't I?" Adeline asked.

"Yeah, but how?" Bucky asked.

"It wasn't easy," Adeline started. "The drill sergeant was out to get me."

"Yeah, because you can't hold your tongue, I suspect," Bucky responded.

"Oh, shut it," Adeline laughed, lightly swatting at his arm that rested over her abdomen. "I shot straight, kept my mouth shut, and punched harder. I was there with eleven other women. We had daily sparring sessions with the male soldiers. They were bigger, stronger and faster. But by the end I was better, stronger, and faster."

"You're so dramatic," Bucky said with a slight smile.

"You try living six weeks attempting to not get punched by someone twice your size," Adeline retaliated.

"I lived it, sweetheart," Bucky responded with a slight grimace. "I was the best shooter out there though. At least you were warm. We were doing grenade drills and it was below zero. All of us were shaking. My fingers -" Bucky held out one hand, moving his fingers as though testing that they were still there. "- they were numb. The soldier before me went up for his turn, but the grenade slipped through his frozen fingers. The drill sergeant and the soldier went sky high." Adeline gently grabbed Bucky's hand that rested across her abdomen. She softly ran her fingers over his calloused palm.

"This is only the beginning," Adeline mumbled, still staring at Bucky's hand. Bucky curled his fingers around Adeline's delicate ones.

"And when it ends, it'll just be you and I," Bucky said. Adeline smiled, allowing herself to think of a future with Bucky, no matter how far off it might seem.

|Wednesday, April 22, 1942|

Adeline slipped on her dress. Her, Bucky, and Steve were going to the Stark Expo in New York. A last outing before Bucky's departure for London the next morning.

"Adeline! James is here!" Her mother called as Adeline clasped the necklace that Bucky had given to her. She placed a hand over the small heart shaped charm and rushed down the stairs, her heels echoing off the wooden walls.

Bucky was standing in the parlor, his hands in the pockets of his uniform, talking to her father. However, Bucky stopped upon Adeline's entrance. She made sure to wear her best dress and she had a smooth layer of red lipstick to match the red of her dress. He smiled at her, that crooked grin that she loved. Her breath hitched in her throat. He looked absolutely dashing.

"You look lovely, doll," Bucky complemented, walking up to her, placing a hand on her waist to kiss her on the cheek.

"Why thank you, Sergeant Barnes, you look quite handsome yourself," Adeline said with a smile.

"Have fun," Adeline's mother called.

"Not too much fun!" Her father called as they walked out the door. Adeline laced her arm with Bucky's as they walked toward the diner where they were to meet Steve.

"Where is he?" Adeline asked as they waited in the diner. "He should be here by now." Adeline checked the clock that hung on the wall, seeing that ten minutes had already passed since their meeting time.

"I'll go check the alley," Bucky said, walking out, Adeline following. As they checked the next alley, they heard a grunt then a loud crash.

"You just don't know when to give up, do you?" A much larger man than Steve jeered. Steve got back up, holding up his fists.

"I can do this all day," Steve breathed, making a feeble swing at the man who easily blocked it, sending another punch at Steve who fell face first into the pile of trash cans.

"Hey!" Bucky called, grabbing the bully's upper arm. "Pick on someone your own size." Adeline rushed to Steve who was getting up slowly. Bucky took care of the man as Adeline brushed Steve off.

"I'm fine, I'm fine," Steve said, swatting away Adeline's hands.

"Sometimes I think you like getting punched," Bucky said, walking back toward the two. He picked up the dropped enlistment form which had yet another '4F' stamped in the bottom left corner. Adeline gave Steve a look of disapproval.

"How many times is this?" Bucky asked, looking over the enlistment form. "Oh, so you're from Paramus, now? You know it's illegal to lie on your enlistment form. And seriously, Jersey?" Steve finished brushing himself off, looking up at Bucky who was sporting his army uniform.

"Did you get your orders?" Steve asked, looking Bucky up and down. Bucky looked down, a slight fear crossing his face.

"The one-o-seventh," Bucky responded, quickly hiding his brief fear. "Sergeant James Barnes, shipping out for England first thing tomorrow." Steve looked down, shaking his head.

"I should be going," Steve said with disappointment.

"Steve, come on," Adeline said with a slight smile. "It's Bucky's last night."

"Yeah, we gotta get you cleaned up," Bucky said, slinging his arm around the smaller friend as they walked out of the alleyway, tossing the enlistment form to the side.

"Why? Where are we going?" Steve asked.

"The future," Bucky responded, handing Steve the folded up newspaper that had the ad for the World Exposition.

~*~

"I don't see what the problem is," Bucky started as fireworks went off and they walked through the increasingly dense crowd in New York. "You're about to be the last eligible man in New York. You know, there's three and a half million women here."

"Well, I'd settle for just one," Steve mumbled.

"Good thing I took care of that," Adeline said as she waved to her friend that was waiting by one of the exhibits.

"What did you tell her about me?" Steve asked, fixing the mop of dirty blonde hair on top of his head.

"Only the good stuff," Adeline assured with a smile.

"Welcome to the Modern Marvels Pavilion, and the World of Tomorrow. A greater world, a better world," the overhead announcer said, indicating that a performance was about to begin.

"Come on! It's about to start!" Adeline said, pulling Bucky and her girlfriend along while Steve lingered behind.

"Ladies and gentlemen, Mr. Howard Stark!" One of the women on stage in the front of a cherry red automobile announced. Adeline found that Stark was quite the extravagant man as he wore a suit with a bow tie, his black hair groomed neatly, having no worries of getting drafted into the war. Adeline figured he probably had the money to avoid it.

He took off his top hat, handing it to the woman to his right, smiling flirtatiously. He pulled the woman in for a long kiss then taking the microphone from her as the four women filed off to the side. He smiled, taking out a handkerchief to wipe the red stain from his lips.

"Ladies and gentlemen," he began, "what if I told you that in just a few short years, your automobile won't even have to touch the ground at all." There were multiple gasps among the crowd, even Adeline was impressed as the four women took off the wheels from the cherry red automobile to reveal a sort of boxlike machine.

"Yes," Howard confirmed. "Thanks, Mandy. With Stark robotic reversion technology, you'll be able to do just that." With that, he pressed a few buttons on his panel, the car coming to life, lifting itself off the ground.

"Holy cow," Bucky breathed, not able to take his eyes off the sight. Adeline had to admit, she was impressed until there was a sputter and sparks flew causing the car to come crashing down to the ground earning a few gasps and uneasy chuckles.

"I did say a few years, didn't I?" Howard recovered, leaning on the automobile with a smirk. There was good humored laughter in the crowd and the people began to disperse.

"Hey, Steve, what do you say we take these girls -" Bucky cut off noticing Steve was gone.

"Buck," Adeline said, pointing to the recruitment center. Bucky sighed, shaking his head.

"I'll be back," he said, walking off to find Steve.

"Come on, you're kinda missing the point of a double date," Bucky said, nudging Steve on the shoulder, his appearance disappearing in the mirror. "We're taking the girls dancing."

"You go ahead, I'll catch up with you," Steve said, nodding to Adeline and her friend who were waiting outside of the recruitment center.

"You really gonna do this again?" Bucky asked in a disapproving tone.

"Well, it's a fair. I'm gonna try my luck," Steve said, his hands shoved in his pockets.

"As who? Steve from Ohio?" Bucky questioned quickly. "They'll catch you. Or worse, they'll actually take you."

"Look, I know you don't think I can do this," Steve began.

"This isn't a back alley, Steve. It's war!" Bucky said, trying to get his point across.

"I know it's a war. You don't have to tell me."

"Why are you so keen to fight? There are so many important jobs."

"What am I gonna do? Collect scrap metal -"

"Yes!"

"- in my little red wagon?"

"Why not?"

"I'm not gonna sit in a factory, Bucky -"

"I just -"

"Bucky! Come on!" Steve interrupted, finally gaining control of the conversation. "There are men laying down their lives. I got no right to do any less than them. That's what you don't understand. This isn't about me."

"Right," Bucky said, nodding his head. "'Cause you got nothing to prove." Adeline placed a gentle hand on Bucky's shoulder, looking at Steve sadly.

"Steve, come on," Adeline said softly. "Let's go dancing. Bonnie will be glad to dance with you." Steve shook his head, looking down at the ground, simply refusing. Bucky sighed.

"Don't do anything stupid until I get back," Bucky said, backing away, his hand in Adeline's.

"How can I? You're taking all the stupid with you," Steve said, nodding toward Bucky. Bucky shook his head, letting out a small laugh. He walked back up to Steve, pulling him in for an embrace.

"You're a punk," Bucky said, patting his friend's back.

"Jerk," Steve responded. "Be careful." Bucky walked toward Adeline who was waiting for them to finish.

"Don't win the war 'till I get there!" Steve called, causing Bucky to turn around and salute.

~*~

"I'm worried about him, Buck," Adeline admitted as they began walking home. The streets were quieter than usual as many men had already gone overseas. The street lights illuminated small sections of the street. Bonnie had left early, leaving Adeline and Bucky alone.

"I'm always worried about him," Bucky responded with a lighthearted laugh.

"I mean more so than usual," Adeline responded, trying to keep the conversation serious.

"Don't worry about it, Adeline, he'll be fine," Bucky said. "I'll send him a few letters and he'll forget all about enlisting."

"You obviously don't know Steve," Adeline mumbled.

"Come on, Adi," Bucky said, stopping and turning to face Adeline, his hands on her shoulders, "he'll be fine."

"I'm also worried about you," Adeline said, looking up at Bucky, whose face fell.

"Don't worry about me, you just concentrate on keeping yourself alive," Bucky responded. "You get your ship out date yet?" Adeline bit her lip, not wanting to ruin the perfect night. However, she pulled out the folded letter from her handbag, offering it to Bucky. He unfolded it and read.

"April 24th, huh?" He asked.

"Maybe I'll see you over there," Adeline said with a forced smile.

"Maybe," he mumbled, handing back the letter. "I hope under the right circumstances we will."

"I don't want to see you in a casket, you hear?" Adeline asked.

"I could say the same for you," Bucky responded, beginning to walk again.

"I don't want you to leave," Adeline said, staring ahead, not wanting to look at him.

"If I didn't have to, you know I would stay," Bucky said. "You know, after all of this is done, you and I should get married."

"Was that a proposal?" Adeline asked.

"That depends on your answer," Bucky said nervously, scratching the back of his neck.

"How could I say no?" Adeline asked with a smile.

"Well, you do have a record in that department," Bucky responded with a smirk.

"Oh, shut it, Barnes," Adeline scolded, pushing against his shoulder.

"It doesn't have to be a big wedding," Bucky said. "It can just be you and me, if you want. Maybe our families and Steve, too. And how about a May wedding, what do you say?"

"It sounds perfect," Adeline said with a smile. They stopped in front of Adeline's house, turning toward each other. Adeline pulled him down to meet their lips.

"I don't want this night to end," Adeline admitted, holding him close.

"Then don't let it," Bucky responded, kissing her again. He took her hand, leading her, instead of to the door of her house, back to his apartment.

"You're awful," Adeline said as he locked the door, pressing his lips against hers again.

"Then why are you kissing me back?" Bucky asked through another kiss, backing her against a wall.

"Buck, come on, you've got an early morning tomorrow," Adeline said, pushing against his chest.

"I can sleep on my ride over there, I want you now," Bucky mumbled, pressing a kiss to her neck.

"Bucky," Adeline said. "Come on. I'll stay the night, but that's it."

"Alright," he said as he placed another kiss on her lips, taking her hand and leading her to his bedroom.

"I mean it, James," Adeline said as he closed the door.

"Then just spend the night with me," Bucky said, gesturing to his neatly made bed. Adeline knew that he never made his bed before training camp, it was almost too neat, especially for Bucky. He threw her a shirt as he took off his uniform, hanging it neatly for tomorrow.

"Come on, doll," Bucky said, wrapping his arms around Adeline's waist, kissing up her neck to her lips. She draped her arms over his bare shoulders, kissing him back. Her fingers ran through his hair.

"Unbutton my dress," Adeline breathed, giving in.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.8K 477 51
Scarlette Romanoff was always known as a wild card. She had her own set of rules she followed. She did her own thing. But when Coulson calls her back...
9.2K 477 75
!!ORIGINALLY KNOWN AS VESSEL!! 1943. The year of Captain America and the Howling Commandos but, what if there was more behind the story of the man in...
2.9K 41 38
"Keep my Bucky safe alright?" I said straightening Steve's jacket. "You act as if I ain't here, Babydoll," Bucky chuckled grabbing my hand and pullin...
3.5K 145 22
"Did it hurt when you fell from Heaven?" Bucky flirted. I rolled my eyes at this guys antics. "No, but it did hurt clawing my way out of Hell." His s...