Dawnpelt's Anger

By lionblaze

Jayfeather is surprised to find that Dawnpelt is still angry at him for Flametail's death. Dawnpelt tries her... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7

Chapter 1

1.7K 42 32
By lionblaze

Allegiances (Thunderclan only)

Thunderclan

Leader- Bramblestar

Deputy- Squirrelflight

Medicine cat- Jayfeather

Warriors

Lionblaze~ golden tabby tom with amber eyes

Foxleap~ reddish tabby tom

Leafpool~ light brown tabby she-cat with amber eyes.

Dustpelt~ dark brown tabby tom

Sandstorm~ pale ginger she-cat

Cloudtail~ long-haired white tom

Brightheart~ white she-cat with ginger patches

Briarlight~ brown she-cat with two paralyzed hind-legs.

Whitewing~ white she-cat with green eyes.

Thornclaw~ golden-brown tabby tom

Birchfall~ light brown tabby tom

Berrynose~ cream colored tom

Mousewhisker~ gray and white tom

Poppyfrost~ tortoiseshell and white she-cat

Icecloud~ white she-cat

Toadstep~ black and white tom

Rosepetal~ dark cream she-cat

Blossomfall~ Tortoiseshell and white she-cat

Bumblestripe~ pale gray tom with dark stripes

Dovewing~ pale gray she-cat with blue eyes

Ivypool~ silver and white tabby she-cat with dark blue eyes

Queens

Cinderheart~ gray tabby she-cat

Hazeltail~ gray and white she-cat

Kits

Lilykit~ dark tabby she-cat with white patches

Seedkit~ ginger she-cat

Amberkit~ gray and white she-cat with amber eyes

Snowkit~ white tom

Dewkit~ gray tom

Elders

Dustpelt~brown tabby tom

Brackenfur~ golden tabby tom

❀❀❀

Jayfeather padded out of the medicine den and streached, letting the warm rising sun soak into his silver fur. It had been a moon since the battle with the dark forest, and mostly everyone's battle wounds had healed. Amberkit, Dewkit, and Snowkit were scampering around letting out playful squeals, and Lilykit and Seedkit were playing moss ball. Everything was peaceful.

I'll stock up on herbs, Jayfeather thought, and headed out through the thorn tunnel.

Birds chattered in the trees, and bushes rustled with prey. He headed through the woods, familiar with all his surroundings. He lifted his nose and the sweet scent of chervil wafted into his nose and he sensed it was near the Shadowclan border.

It's still in our territory, he thought, bending his muzzle to rip up the plant. Suddenly he heard the bushes rustle and Shadowclan scent washed over him.

Oh, no... He thought as he recognized the scent.

"Back here to murder again, Jayfeather?" came Dawnpelt's taunting voice.

"I did not murder Flametail." Jayfeather growled indignantly, "He admitted it himself."

"I count it as murder." she meowed, flexing her claws as if she wanted to tear his pelt to shreds, "You chose not to save him."

"I had no choice!" Jayfeather hissed, his claws sinking into the ground, "Rock told me it was his time to go!"

Suddenly he regretted mentioning the ancient cat.

Now Dawnpelt will think I'm fleabrained!, He thought.

Dawnpelt paused. "Who's Rock?"

Jayfeather felt very annoyed with himself for blurting out something like that.

With a sigh he replied, "He's an ancient cat who visited me."

Dawnpelt was silent, then she hissed, "So your blaming an imaginary ghost cat on my brother's death?"

"No! It was his time..." Jayfeather began.

"You're fleabrained to think I'd fall for a lie like that! I'll prove that you're a murderer somehow! You'll see!" with that, she raced off back through the dark trees of Shadowclan.

"Foxhearted mangepelt!" Jayfeather spat in disgust.

He whipped around and stomped back off toward camp, fury flooding through him.

Why does she still have a grudge on me over this?, He thought, lashing his tail, She still believes I purposefully left Flametail there to die!

Jayfeather stormed into camp, heading for the medicine den. He suddenly bumped into a cat and landed awkwardly on the ground.

"Watch it!" He hissed.

"Sorry, Jay!" Lionblaze exclaimed, sounding sympathetic, "What's wrong?"

Jayfeather flicked his ear and muttered, "None of your buisness."

With that, he stalked of to the medicine den and was greeted by Briarlight.

"Hi, Jayfeather!" She greeted warmly, then she went silent for a moment. "Is everything ok?"

Jayfeather stopped, his tail tip twitching. He wanted to burst out everything that was bothering him about Dawnpelt, but he finally sighed and shook his head.

"It's nothing." He meowed, starting to cool off, but was still bewildered about what Dawnpelt had said.

To Jayfeather's relief, Briarlight changed the subject. "The gathering is tonight." she meowed, sounding thoughtful.

And I hope Dawnpelt's not there, He thought grudgingly.

He started picking out old herbs and stacking them in a pile.

"Why don't you check on Cinderheart?" Jayfeather suggested, trying to make her feel helpful, "Her kits are due soon."

"Ok!" Briarlight meowed, sounding relieved to have something to do.

She left the den, her paralyzed legs dragging, leaving Jayfeather alone in the quiet medicine den.

His mind kept replaying what Dawnpelt had said. He shook himself to clear his mind and grabbed the stack of old herbs, carrying it out of camp.

"I see a future apprentice." Leafpool meowed padding up to Jayfeather and glancing at Briarlight.

"I already told you, Briarlight can't be a medicine cat." Jayfeather replied flatly.

"Do you want help carrying those herbs? Looks like a lot!" Leafpool changed the subject.

"There's another pile of them in the medicine den." He meowed gratefully, and he bounded off.

~~~

Jayfeather and Leafpool returned to camp to the sound of a cat wailing.

"Cinderheart's kits!" Jayfeather exclaimed, sprinting to the medicine den to grab herbs.

He sniffed for borage leaves and hissed when he didn't find any. He dashed out of the den and emerged into the nursery. The scent of borage suddenly washed into his nose. Briarlight was crouched beside Cinderpelt, talking softly and calmly to her. Her wailing had stopped and now there were two little kits curled against her, suckling quietly.

"Briarlight-" Jayfeather began warningly.

"I had to help when you were gone, Jayfeather." Briarlight meowed, "She needed me."

Jayfeather felt partly annoyed, but suddenly impressed at Briarlight's compassion for cats in need.

Lionblaze entered the nursery with a rabbit in his jaws and Cinderheart ate it in quick famished bites. Afterwards she drifted to sleep.

Instead of scolding Briarlight, Jayfeather decided to drop it and meowed, "Come on, let's let her sleep."

Jayfeather and Briarlight left the nursery and Jayfeather led the way back to the medicine den.

"Sorry I took over like that..." Briarlight murmured.

"It's fine." Jayfeather assured her, then paused.

He wanted to tell her that she would be his apprentice, but she was crippled.

Would a blind cat and a paralyzed cat really make a good team?, he thought, feeling bad.

But then again, she was great with herbs, and it would give her a chance to contribute to the clan.

He shook himself.

Of course not. She can't even run to help injured cats.

"Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey gather beneath the highledge for a clan meeting!" Bramblestar's yowl interrupted Jayfeather's thoughts.

Jayfeather padded out of the den and sat just outside the medicine den to listen. Briarlight dragged up beside him, and Lionblaze stood outside of the nursery, casting back glances at his kits. Cats gathered around, murmuring curiously and looking at Lilykit and Seedkit. They seemed old enough to be made apprentices, though they were still kind of small.

"Lilykit and Seedkit have reached six moons, and are ready to be apprenticed." Bramblestar began, "Lilykit, come forward."

Lilykit walked up to the highledge and stood still, looking up at Bramblestar.

"From this day until you become a warrior, you will be known as Lilypaw. Your mentor will be Ivypool. I know that Ivypool will pass down all she knows on to you."

Ivypool's ears shot up in surprise and she exchanged a glance with her sister.

"Ivypool, you are ready to take on an apprentice. You have received excellent training from Cinderheart, and have shown to be courageous and loyal. You will be the mentor of Lilypaw, and I expect you to pass your skills down to this apprentice."

Ivypool padded up to Lilypaw and touched noses with her, and the clan chanted Lilypaw's name. Then Bramblestar moved on to Seedkit.

"From this day until you become a warrior, you will be known as Seedpaw. Your mentor will be Foxleap. I know Foxleap will pass down all he knows on to you." Bramblestar continued.

Foxleap stepped forward, his amber eyes shining and his head high.

"Foxleap, you are ready to take on your second apprentice. You have received excellent training from Squirrelflight, and have shown to be enthusiastic and focused. You will be the mentor of Seedpaw, and I expect you to pass your skills down to this apprentice."

Foxleap touched his nose to Seedpaw's and the clan cheered for Seedpaw. When Foxleap and Seedpaw sat back down Bramblestar closed the meeting. Cats dispersed and either went back to their dens, hunting, or stayed around talking. Jayfeather was about to go back to the medicine den when he remembered they were running low on chervil. He turned his paws toward the thorn tunnel and made his way across camp.

The only place chervil is growing is near the Shadowclan border, Jayfeather thought his fur beginning to rise uncomfortably. Then he felt indignation crash over him.

I'm not going to let that stop me.

------

A/N

Yay! Finished my first chapter of my first Warriors fanfic. 🙀

Jayfeather's one of my favorite cats, so I decided to do my first fanfic on him. :)

Please comment if you like it so far. It'll be about ten chapters long.

Lionblaze🔥

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.7K 607 26
What if Mapleshade was given a second chance? Reborn as a kittypet, young Rosemary ventures out into the forest, where she meets Tigerpaw, Thisleclaw...
86 0 19
Tigerstar has achieved his goals in murdering Bluestar and becoming the leader of ThunderClan. But with Fireheart, the former kittypet, against him...
1.2K 160 30
SpringClan has just came out of the first battle against Maplestar and his rogues, but only just. With many cats she loves injured and almost dead, B...
523 81 25
Everything has gone downhill immediately after Sootripple's exile. Shellpaw has to find proof about the cat he knows is another murderer without bein...