No.1 Hero Deku

By mangosage

This is a story about Midoriya Izuku an average quirkless kid who suddenly gets his all time favourite hero '... More

No.1 Hero Deku
Nejire Hado
Quirk Apprehension test
Trial Of Battle
Amazing things, happen to amazing people
Trial of rescue
Heros always win
The Sports Festival approaches
Sports Festival Part 2
Blast them away
Final moments
Final moments part 2

Sports Festival

7K 74 67
By mangosage

With Nezu

All the staff of U.A sat at a table and stared at detective Tsukauchi as he spoke. "I searched all the records of citizens in their 20's and 30's, but couldn't find anything on this Shigaraki guy or the warping guy. They both didn't hand in their quirk registration forms. Their ghost people who avoided the system" he said as he looked through some papers. "After he heals from the wounds that Midoriya gave him, he'll come back, you do know that?" Mist gun said. He looked at his fellow staff.

"The ring-leader..." All Might said out loud. "What seems to be the problem All Might?" Nezu asked and looked up at the man in question. "That guy, he never mentioned a single thing about his quirk, but practically couldn't shut up about that Noumu things quirks. And when things weren't going his way he would suddenly get sick in the head. Maybe he was trying to lead me to do the wrong thing" All Might said. He smacked his hand against the table in anger. "Can't believe I let them get away..." he said and sighed. "Its not your fault, your time was up" Cementoss said, sitting back in his chair.

"If you think about it, that Shigaraki guy has the same mindset as a toddler. Like some sort of Man-child" Midnight said, crossing her arms.
"Well that man-child, managed to get 72 villains to follow him into battle. Even though they were third rate its still impressive" Detective Tsukauchi said as he closed his eyes to think for a moment. "In this age of heroes where their are more heroes than one can count. Villains and evil doers have felt the pressure on them. I guess they got drown to his more simple minded villainy" The detective said and sighed in frustration. "I'll be going to assist with the investigation, maybe get more clues so we can see a bigger picture of what they were trying to accomplish" Detective said as he looked over his papers once more. "Man-child hey? if you look at it in a different way, then he's just like our students. Maybe if someone mentored him then just maybe...no that's very naive of me to think that, hey?" Nezu said and sighed.

With Aizawa

"A sports festival?!?!?!" everyone yelled excited. "I keep forgetting that this is a real school!?!" Kirishima said, fist pumping the air. "Wait, hold up, that sounds like something villains would try to infiltrate...doesn't it?" Sero asked a bit nervous of the whole thing.
"On the contrary as U.A seems to be going through with it all. It seems their confident that they have all their ducks in a row and it will not be halted. For instance I hear police that police interaction will be five times bigger" Aizawa said, staring down at them all.

"But if villains appear, can it b-be halted?" Mineta asked in a scared voice. "Mineta have you never seen the U.A sports festival?!" Midoriya asked excited. "Of course I have, but..." Mineta said. "Don't worry, if villains show. I'll punch their lights out for you" Izuku said which calmed Mineta a bit. "In the past the olympics was the big thing that everyone got excited for in Japan. Now its the U.A sports festival" "the countries top hero's are sure to be watching us" Yaoyorozu said. "Its because they'll be scouting for us" She continued.
"After I graduate, I wanna join a top hero squad and become their sidekick so I can gain popularity" Kaminari said, hitting Jirou gently on the arm. "You know many people become sidekicks and lose the chance to break free and become solo heroes. Practically ruining their career before it starts. And you seem like the type of dumbass to that" Jirou said. "Wha!?!" Kaminari yelled in surprise. Midoriya began laughing at Kaminari. "What are you gonna do after you graduate Midoriya, if you think my plans are funny" Kaminari said with a grin.

"Me? I'm gonna surpass every damn hero to reach the top and become the next Symbol of Peace" he said it so serious that Kaminari got thrown back a bit. "Hey you shitnerd Deku!! you looking down on me you fucker!! I told your dumbass that I'd become number one!!" Bakugou said with a scowl.

"If you get spotted by a pro than it will increase your chances of gaining experience. This is the chance you'll get only once a year. Three chances, if you aim to be a hero. This is a chance you can't overlook" Aizawa said, scaring some and making some excited and pumped to win.

Timeskip end of fourth period

"Man I knew it was coming but!! Now I feel like the tension is flying sky high!!" Kirishima said.
"If we put in the effort and get recognized by a pro, it'll be a giant leap forward" Sero said. "Wow, everyone's real pumped, I like it" Izuku said standing next to Iida. "Obviously, you enrolled into Yuuei to become a hero. So people are gonna get pumped up" Iida said. "Iida's a real odd ball ya know. He's got a weird way of showing excitement" Tsuyu said as she walked with Jirou. "Deku, Iida. Lets crush the sports festival" Uraraka said ,making a face that was supposed to be determined, but looked kinda scary. "Woah Uraraka, that face" Midoriya said.

"What's up with Uraraka, she's being. Not like Uraraka" Ashido said and rubbed her hands.
"Maybe its pm-" Mineta never got to finish his sentence, cause he got slapped by Tsuyu's tongue.
"Guys I'm go for it!!!" she yelled fist pumping.
"Ya!! but its kinda like your characters floating away!!" Kirishima said agreeing with Uraraka.

Now that I think about it, I haven't really asked her yet have I. Why she wants to be a hero.

"For the money..." Deku said as him, Uraraka and Iida walked down the stairs.
"Ya, I know I feel bad, because people like Iida and you Deku are doing it for the right reasons" Uraraka said looking down sadly.
"No, don't feel bad. There's nothing wrong with giving yourself a comfortable life" Iida said, making big hand gestures as usual.
"Though it is unexpected..." Izuku said with a smile. "Ya, right now I'm working at a construction company, but there's just no real work out there so we're flat broke" she said looking down.
"Construction..." Iida said, rubbing his chin.
"Your quirk is perfect for construction" Midoriya said. "That's what I told my parents but..." Uraraka said as she rubbed the back of her neck.

Flashback

A young Uraraka stood looking up to her parents. "When I grow up, I wanna help mommy and daddy with work" Uraraka said with a gleam in her eyes. "No, sweetie we want you to follow your own dreams. Get money your way" her father said as he rubbed her hair. "Its not that mommy and daddy don't love you sweetie. Its that we want you to be better than us" her mom said as she noticed tears in her daughters eyes.
"Then maybe one day, you can take us to Hawaii or something" she as the memory faded.

End Flashback

Uraraka had a few tears in her eyes which she rubbed away. The sunlight came through the glass windows of the hallway and shone on Uraraka. Making her next words all the more meaningful.
"I'm gonna become a top hero and get paid a lot of money. So I can give my parents the easy life they deserve" She said with determination.
"Bravo!! Uraraka bravo!!" Iida yelled. Uraraka looked toward Midoriya who didn't say anything or do anything.
Midoriya began to walk closer to her until the sun shone on him too. He gave a dashing and warm smile. Capable of making a girl cry. "I'll help you get there" he said Uraraka began to cry even more. She hugged Deku as she cried into his chest.

"Sorry, I got your blazer all wet" she said as she wiped the tears away. "Its ok. Its just a material thing" he said as he removed it. Showing his muscular arms. Uraraka blushed at the sight.
"Oh there you are Midoriya boy!?!?" All Might said, well, yelled as he came around the corner.
"Would you care to eat your rice with me!!" he yelled as he brought out a container.

"You sound like a teenage girl" Uraraka said as she laughed.

Uraraka and Iida stood together as the entered the cafeteria. "What's going on with Deku?" Uraraka said. "Well you guys did say that he did jump in to fight the villains. Its probably got something to do with that. And Tsuyu did mention that his power was just like All Mights, so he might have taken some interest in him" Iida said as Uraraka's eyes shone with respect. She respected Deku a lot for his personality and more.

But while Iida and Uraraka spoke, they were unaware that someone else was listening in.
"Midoriya hey..." he said as he walked into the cafeteria.

With Deku

"Fifty minutes!!" Midoriya shouted in surprise.
"Yeah that's currently how long I can go out and be a hero for. At the moment I can stay in my muscle form for maybe an hour and a half if I stretch it" he said as he made tea.
"Have some tea my boy" he said as he handed Midoriya a cup. "Oh wow, I'm so sor-" "Don't apologize, we're very similar you and I"  All Moght cut him off. "But more importantly we need to talk about the sports festival. You Need to learn how to hold back. Now how are we gonna train that?" All Might said. "Oh right, don't wanna end up killing anyone, but the day when I was leaving the hospital to fetch Eri, I managed to only use 10%!!" he said, yelling the last part. "Good its just like I've said. How did it feel?" "I don't know, I was just focused on not hurting people or myself. If I had used 50% I'm sure some wounds would have opened up again. So I guess not wanting to hurt myself or others helped me tone down" he said with a smile.

"At any rate it seems you've improved. That's good to hear. To be blunt, I don't have much time left to stand. As the Symbol of Peace" he said looking down. "But, but..." Izuku said not wanting to accept it. "And their are those in the hive of villainy who have doubtlessly noticed" he said. "The reason I granted you this power. Is because I expect to inherit my 'self' " he said clenching a fist. "The Yuuei sports festival is a big event that the whole country will be taking interest in. What I'm trying to say is that, as the 'All Might' of the next generation, the symbols offspring egg...You Midoriya Izuku have arrived!! And I want you to make that known to the word!!!!" All Might yelled and made a determined face as Izuku made on back.

Timeskip

Present Mic stood in front of a crowd of reporters who were trying to get into U.A.
"Ladies and gentle!! boys and girls!! today we have a spectacular show, coming from the boys and girls you all love!! the Yuuei sports festival has begun!! are you ready!?!!" he shouted

Two weeks earlier

"Present myself to the world huh..." Izuku said as he walked toward the classroom door.
"Woah!!!" he heard Uraraka scream he rushed toward the door to see a crowd of U.A students at the door. "Their covering the exit, what are they doing" Mineta asked. "Their scoping out the competition. Retard" Bakugou said as he walked toward the crowd."They wanna see the gang that came through the villain ambush" he continued as he walked through the crowd.
"Its pointless to try!! so why don't you fuck off  you damn mob" "Don't go calling people you don't know a mob" Iida yelled at Bakugou. "I came to see what you kids are made of true, but I didn't think you'd be this arrogant" a boy said as he stepped forward. Izuku looked at his watch and saw the time. He had to go pick up Eri from school. He stared pushing through the crowd, but they pushed back.
"Guys, get out the way" he said as they crowded him. "I'm a bit disillusioned, is that what your saying" the kid from before asked. "Get out my way guys..." Izuku said feeling irritated. "Did you know that some people from other departments can be transferred to heroics, depending on how well they do in the sports festival" the guy said, talking to Bakugou.
"Every guy and girl you see in front of you is thinking, hey, why don't I sweep the rug out from under the heroics kids" the guy said.
"Guys stop..." Izuku said, but the crowd wasn't letting up. Bakugou smiled when he saw the look on Izuku's face. "You guys might wanna move" he said as he stepped back a bit. And so did everyone else in his class. They all kew how Izuku could get angry from chapter 1. "Hey you!! I'm from class B!!  I heard how you guys knocked around with a few villains, but I don't wanna talk to some snot-nosed brats"some guy yelled. Bakugou just continued smiling.

"What's with the smile?" some guy asked.
"Get out the damn way!!!" Izuku shouted and flicked a finger. He blew everyone away. Their were bodies littered all over the hallway. People started getting up from the attack. "I warned you..." was all Izuku said as he began walking off.
"That guy...are all the class A kids this strong?" he said as they all watched Izuku walk off.
"He did that with the flick of his finger..." a girl said who was luckily standing behind Izuku.
"Sorry guys..." Izuku said and gave a smile before leaving.

"That was the power of just 1 class A student. So now you know. Don't mess with 1-A" Bakugou said as he began to walk off as well. Everyone from class 1-A began to walk away as well. "Those guys really are...monsters in strength" one guy said.

In order to participate, everyone put in their own individual efforts to train. And those two weeks flew by, in the blink of an eye...

Two weeks later

A huge crowd of reporters stood at the entrance to Yuuei. "Man, this security check is taking a long time" A women said. "Its because their being extremely rigorous because of that villain attack. Lots of folks ars voicing super critical thoughts toward the event this year" the camera man said.
"Awesome, controversy equals ratings. And this year the focus is gonna be on class 1-A" the women said, looking at the sky.

"The big event shall begin soon!!!" a voice yelled over the speakers.

With Mt. Lady

Mt. Lady was walking with Kamui woods and another hero. "Man, in each year they always showcase the seniors, but this year, all the focus is on the freshmen" some guy said as he walked past with a friend. "Man, I know we came to scout but..." Kamui said as he crossed his arms. "I know right, its like every hero in the country is here" Mt. Lady said as she stuffed her mouth with some dango.

In the class 1-A waiting room

All the students either sat or stood in the room. Conversing with their fellow classmates. Suddenly a knock was heard at the door. Everyone turned to the, but since Iida was the closest he answered.
Once the door was opened, four people walked into the waiting room of class 1-A. "Big brother" Eri yelled as she ran into Izuku's arms. "Hey Eri" he said as he twisted her around through the air.
"Eri!!" Uraraka yelled as she ran toward the young girl. Everyone watched as Uraraka played with the young girl. "Hey Midoriya!" a voice that Izuku knew all to well said. "Nejire" Izuku said as he turned. When he turned he practically got tackled by Nejire into a hug. He blushed a little before she let go. "You know, your really bad at hugs" she said which made the blush on Izuku's face grow.

"Well..." he tried to defend but couldn't. "Mido, how ya doin man?" Mirio said as he shortened the name. "Hey Mido" Tamaki said, doing the same thing. "Just came to wish you luck" Nejire said as she smiled. Which made all the class 1-A guys jealous of the hug Midoriya got earlier. Mineta had a perverted smile as he stared at Nejire and Izuku noticed. He gave Mineta a glare to stop and he did. Mineta liked living.

"Thanks guys, really appreciate it" Izuku said as they all waved goodbye. Once they left Izuku remembered. "Hey Iida, catch" Midoriya said as he handed Iida orange juice. "Kacchan here" he said and gave Bakugou water. He gave Kaminari a portable charger to get electricity from. He then handed Yaoyorozu a pizza, and everyone else he gave energy drinks. "I want you all to do your best today" he said as he smiled.
(You might be wondering, why orange juice? well interesting fact. Iida's engine legs run on orange juice. Like how a normal car runs on gasoline. His engines run on 100% pure orange juice. And since Bakugou's quirk uses sweat. Its easy to get dehydrated. And why a pizza? because her quirk works by turning the fat in her body, into items. And its easy to lose energy and get hungry with quirk like that) "Midoriya..." Todoroki said as he stepped forward. "Yeah Todoroki?" Izuku said as his smile disappeared from Todoroki's seriousness.
"I may not be as strong as you physically, but I am strategically. You've managed to get All Mights eyes on you right. I have no need to pry into that but...I will beat you" he said. "What's this a declaration of war from the two strongest guys in class" Kaminari said as he took electricity from the portable charger. "Hey what's up with all the belligerence, don't spring this on him now" Kaminari said as he grabbed Todoroki's shoulder. He responded by shaking the hand off. "You really think we're equals? I could never be an equal with someone who doesn't even give 100% when he fights" Izuku said as his arms shook and he looked down. "Until you start using your fire you'll never be my equal" he continued. Todoroki and everyone else got thrown back a bit by this. "So don't damn say we're equals again, until you start using your full 100%...come back then and we'll be equals" he said as he looked up. Izuku's eyes flashed gold for a second.

His determination is so bright you can actually see it

Uraraka thought amazed. Suddenly they heard Present Mics voice introducing the other classes. "Better go" Izuku said as he walked out into the hallway. Everyone else followed suit.

"Its the freshman stage and here comes class 1-A!!!" he yelled on the mic.

Show the world that you have arrived

Izuku played back All Mights words in his head. "Understood All Might" he whispered as the whole class walked out the tunnel.

End of chapter

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72.2K 1.8K 18
you all wait with baited breath in the recovery of your symbol of peace, I too recover from the injuries dealt to me during our fight. I am the villa...
753 25 22
Izuku Midoriya always wanted to be a hero since he was a little kid. Since he saw the great All Might save so many lives, that has been his one dream...
48K 1.8K 9
Izuku was a strange child, when he was a kid he found out he had a quirk but the doctors had no idea what it was or how it worked. Because of this he...
3.4K 140 30
Despite not having the best quirk for hero work you decide to apply to U.A anyway and unknowingly become the one and only candidate to inherit One Fo...