Owari no seraph:The Half Huma...

By Beginners_Luck16

What if there were survivors who became there own army like The Moon Demon Company. They had demons as well b... More

Chapter 1:The People In Uniforms
Chapter 2:The People In Uniforms Pt.2
Chapter 3:Peace
Chapter 4:The Devil's Daughter?
Chapter 5: Shinoa's Squad
Chapter 6:Old Friends
Chapter 7:The Seraph
Chapter 8:What did I do?
Chapter 9:The Truth,Mari!
Chapter 10: Old Memories
Chapter 11: Are You Gonna Help?
Chapter 12: Drink or Don't drink?
Chapter 13:I Hate that Game
Chapter 14:Welcome
Chapter 15: The Past is the Past
Chapter 16: Don't let me go
Bonus: Mari & Guren Embarassing & Nice Moments
Chapter 18: The Peace Treaty
Chapter 19:It's Starting
Chapter 20:Corruption
Chapter 21:Until We Go Down
Chapter 22: Feels Like A Reality

Chapter 17: "When He Said,'I Love You'.."

727 11 0
By Beginners_Luck16

      A dream... so peaceful,Mari thought. Mari sat quietly under a Cherry Tree in the middle of a field where the grass was long. You could hear the wind passing threw. She closed her eyes.

   "Mari, Mariela...." a warm voice whispered towards her.

    Mari opened her eyes. Warm tears came down her eyes. "Ichiya?" She Said as she looked tired. 

      "Damn I thought I would never see you cry,"He laughed as he sat next to her.

     "It's nice to see you....."Mari realized he was fake,"Even though your not here." She looked at his smile. It was so warm so sweet. But she couldn't feel him by her side.

      "What do you mea....."

    "Enough Ann do this again and I will break the stupid key,"Mari threaten as she wiped her eyes.

      Ichiya turned into Ann. Ann smiled,
"Well Then,I tried. Can't imagine that plan failing. One day you will fall and I will take control long enough before your other self appears."

"I will like to see you try,"Mari said as she looked tired.

"Your being corrupted. It's taking over. The twins know it and so do you,"Ann said as she looked up at the sky,"I will use the horn."
Mari looked up. "When the horn is used I will be corrupted,"Mari said,"There's no use fighting it. If this time it doesn't work. What's the point in living another day. The heavens are angry."

     Yuri and Yurika appeared in front of her.  They saw in her that she was becoming tired and not able to control herself anymore.

    "You can't fight it anymore,"Yuri said as he crouched down,"You may look strong on the outside but your weak in the inside."

     "Tell everyone before it's too late. You and your friends can't help you or fix you anymore,"Yurika Said as she pick cherry blossom from the tree,"Tell them to...."She examined it,"To kill you."

    Mari closed her eyes. "It's my emotions that are taking me down,"Mari said quietly.

       The three of them looked at her. "Blood,"Yuri whispered.

  "Blood will be the solution,"Yurika whispered.

      "It could help us heal you,"Yuri Said,"A life for life."

      "No...that's not what I want. I will sacrifice myself. A life for billions of lives." Mari said as she opened her eyes.

        "Fine then,"Ann said,"Now child........,"Ann snapped her fingers,"Awake"

    Next Day
Day 2 at Chinese Base,

       Mari woke up. She sat up. She yawned tired. She looked around. Her memories started to rush in about last night. Mari started to turn red. "Oh no, oh no.,"She kept repeating quietly.

       She turned to her side. She jumped scared as she fell off her bed. She stood up slowly, hoping it was just Ann playing jokes. "Fuck,"She whispered to herself. I slept with Guren,she thought as she saw Guren shirtless. But thankfully the blanket cover the rest. He was sleeping comfortably to his side. His hair fell on his face. Mari had to admit she liked to see Guren shirtless. Which she saw him once before.
A little secret to be said from the author. The picture that Shinya has in his tablet is when Mari saw Guren shirtless the first time. 😏 She tripped on him blushing. Guren turned blushed too as he tried helping her up,but struggled. Shinya thought it would be funny to take a picture. Anyways enough said. 😅🤗🤫 shhhhh

Mari started to grab her dress. She threw it to her closet. She grabbed her uniform and started to put it on. Someone started to knock on the door. Mari started to freak out. She finished putting on her boots. She turned to Guren. She had to hide him. But how? She thought quickly by putting pillows and blankets on top of him. Pray this works, she thought.  She opened the door. "Arka? What's wrong?" She asked staying calm.

      Arka smiled,"Well remember today is the test for you. I have to take you in today."

      Mari Said,"Ok then let's go."

          "Hmm, forgot one more thing,"Arka smirked,"There's been a rumor going around."

    "What rumor?" She Asked hoping to leave.

     "A rumor that you could only prove to me. And you did. Come on, pillows and blankets can't hide him,"Arka Laughed as he saw the whole pile.

       Mari rolled her eyes ,"What do you want?"

     "I want to know. That you at least have fun,"Arka Laughed,"Or was at least pleasurable."

"Fuck off,"Mari said as she pushed Arka out of the door way and closed the door.

"Oh c'mon isn't he the second man you ever did with or was it third..."

One Year Ago,

     "Mari, Mariela,"Someone whispered quietly.

      Mari laid down on her bed quietly. She moved turning to the voice. She smiled,"Why do you always have to do this every morning?"

       "Why not, your mine,"he smiled as he wrapped his arms around her.

     "Ichiya I have to get up before Era sees us,"Mari laughed as she tried pushing him away.

     "Wow your scared of my mom. You should be scared of me,"Ichiya smirked as he held her hand.

     "That's true. But today we have to go to China. We should be prepared,"Mari said serious as she got out of bed.

     "Ha that war doesn't scare me as long as I'm with you,"He smiled as he looked at her putting on her clothes.

     "Grow up,"Mari giggled as she started to fix her skirt.

         "I'm already grown up ,"He said as he stood.

      Mari rolled her eyes. Ichiya wrapped his arms around her.
   "Just a few more minutes. C'mon please,"He Laughed as he started to kiss her neck.

      Mari turned to him,"Fine."

Present Day,

"Shut up please I don't need this,"Mari interrupted Arka as she walked away.

"Ok fine,"Arka Laughed as he followed.

They walked towards the elevator. "Do you have your curse gear?" Arka Asked.

"Yes,"She Said quietly.

Arka smiled to himself. But he knew there would never be a cure. He looked away. The elevator opened. Kureto stood inside. "Mari?" He said surprised.

"Kureto, why are you here?" She Asked surprised to see him too.

"I was looking for Guren,"he stopped talking and looked at Arka with suspicion.

"He's not here. He's probably with Shinya,"Mari lied but was good at it.

"Okay then I'll go back,"He said as he stepped back. But he wasn't,Kureto thought to himself.

Mari stood beside him. Arka felt something bad as he stood next to Kureto. There was an awkward moment of silents. Arka finally spoke,"Well if this isn't awkward."

"So Kureto What do you think of our base. I hope we can be allies and get through this war against vampires," Mari smiled trying to start a conversation.

"I think we will be allies. But I still need to know more." Kureto Said as he examined Arka.

The elevator stopped the doors opened. "Oh I guess this is our stop, c'mon Mari,"Arka Said as he grabbed Mari.

They walked away as fast as they could. With suspicion already, Kureto followed without them noticing. Mari started to whisper things Kureto couldn't hear. Arka knocked on a door.

A Russian soldier opened it. He nodded letting them. The soldier followed them. Kureto quickly grabbed the door before the door was closed shut. He stood quickly watching.

The tall woman the one named Era stood in front of Mari. Mari started to take off her uniform. Leaving her undergarments on, she walked away. Kureto was amazed with the purple burned markings on her hands and feet. Era walked behind her. Kureto stopped. Seeing that Arka as well was following them. Kureto looked towards where at least 10 soldiers. And a couple of scientists. Kureto went up to them. He notice that they were top rank and most of them were Russians. He watched from behind. There was a glass wall able for them to see through .

The other room through the glass was filled with equipment. There was a tank of water in the center where at least 20 needles were ready to inject. Wires were everywhere on the floor.

One year ago,

      Mari started to walk towards the cargo helicopters as they were ready to take off. Era walked by her side. As well as Former First Commander Reina. "Kid we must make sure everyone is on check, this war won't end itself!" Reina yelled as she put her hand on her sword.

    Ichiya started to run towards them. He wanted to say something to Mari. "Mari!" He called hoping she would hear. 

     She turned around smiling to see his face. "What's wrong General?!" She Asked joking to his name.

     He caught up with them. Era and Reina walked away. "We Leave in ten minutes,"Reina called.

     "Mari I wanted to say something...!"

    "Ichiya whatever it is say it now!" Mari Yelled trying to hurry to the helicopters.

       "Look I know this is bad timing but...," Ichiya went on his knee.

      Mari was confused. She didn't know what he was doing.
      "Mariela Annalisa, I may not be the acceptable or honorable! But I know you would accept me as I am!So would you Mari..!" He started to turn red,"Would you want to spend the rest of our final days together!"

          "What?!" She said confused. But it was very hard to hear with the helicopters.

    He laughed,"I did it wrong! I meant Mari!" He pulled something out from his pocket,"Will you marry me?!"

    Mari froze. She turned red. Some soldiers looked surprised themselves. They all waited for her answer.

Present Day,

Mari went in the tank. Her face was emotionless as always. She sat up. Arka handed her a cloth. Mari tied it around her mouth. Kureto was getting weirded out by what was going on.
The scientists started to take notes. Era whispered something to Mari. Mari nodded. Era turned to the Arka. Arka put on some goggles. While Era took out her curse gear. "Do it,"Era Said as she turned to the window. Mari closed her eyes she laid back in the water. Era pulled out a red covered journal.

"Ok ready for count down,"one of the scientists said as she started to count,"One...two,"She grabbed the lever,"Three." The scientist pulled the lever. The needles injected on to Mari. As the liquid in the needles started to enter Mari. She moved like she was in pain.

"Ready the electronic pull,"Arka Yelled as he pulled out a device.
Another scientist started to type on a laptop. "Ready the enter sir!" Another Yelled as he put his hand other his heart.
Era smiled,"This is for her. Let's pray this finally works. If she does today there will be a cure. Do it."

Arka pushed something on his device. Electricity started to to enter the tank. Mari bit onto the cloth around her mouth. She started to move worse than before.

Era closed her eyes. She couldn't bare to watch. "We need more!" Era Yelled at Arka. Arka turned to the glass.

"Pull the 2nd lever!" He Yelled.

They pulled the lever. Mari started to scream. But her markings started to fade slowly. "In this Journal, we.... I release project 2568. She is no longer in your control!" Era Yelled as she closed the journal.

        Everything went silent for a moment.

Until, The tank shattered. Mari stood. Era opened her eyes knowing they failed again.

     Mari's eyes were purple with black surrounding it. "You can't get rid of us,"a voice came from Mari. But her lips didn't move. The voice sounded like thousand voices echoing each other. Era pointed her cursed pistol at Mari.

      Mari started to float from the ground.  "Once the markings are gone. We will die. There is no stopping The End. We were played with,now we play back,"Mari's smiled as her markings reappeared,"You mortals know there's no one in control. It's just us. Our time will come. And when it does We will finish it...."

Arka pulled out a syringe from his lab coat. Jumping from behind he jabbed the syringe onto her neck. She fell on the ground. Arka held her on his arms.

"We failed again,"Arka Said as he held Mari. He felt bad. No not bad. Guilt, regret for not stopping what she is now. "I'm sorry,"He said as he hugged her,"I'm sorry."

   Era looked disappointed. "Take the journal away. The project was a disaster. Someone get this poor girl a towel,"Era Said as she started to take demanding orders,"Carry her to my office..."

Meanwhile Guren,

     Guren woke up. He sat moving the pile of all the pillows and blankets. What the hell was she doing to me?he thought as he moved it. He put his hands through his hair,trying to fix it.
He turned realizing Mari wasn't there. He got up and started to put on his uniform.  Where did she go?he thought. He started to put on his glove realizing he couldn't find the other. He looked around. He couldn't find it. He finally looked under the bed. He found it. He tried grabbing it, but instead he grabbed something else. It was small. He pulled it out from under the bed. It was a tiny box. He opened it. Rings? He thought as he looked a examined them. Her fiancé? He thought remembering that he heard about it when they were walking down the street of crowded people.

Meanwhile Arosa,

"Shinoa what do I do!?" Arosa Asked Shinoa remembering about last night.

Arosa ran to Shinoa for help since Yuu has feelings for her. But we all know Shinoa is not good at this.

Shinoa giggled,"Wow, I would never have thought you would stress about this a lot."

"Ughh, I don't know what to do,"Arosa covered her face with a pillow.

Mitsuba was also there. But she didn't want to get involved since she basically told Arosa about Yuu in front of everyone.
"Why don't you ask your sister?" Mitsuba asked knowing Shinoa wouldn't help either.

Arosa thought about for a second. But Mari would tease her. Possibly make little jokes. And then go to Yuu to ask questions. Then come up with a weird plans. Or just bad advice.

"Ughh, she's not gonna help," Arosa Said annoyed of this whole situation.

    But Arosa knew Mari wouldn't know how to deal with it.
     "It's okay, because you'll spread 'love and the population will grow,"Shinoa Joked. 

    Arosa didn't feel like this was any help.  She kind was wish Mari would help. Evening if she was bad at giving advice. She would support her. But Mari has issues of her own.

Meanwhile Guren,
Minutes Later,

    Guren started to walk to Shinya's room. Kureto came, finally finding Guren. "We have to talk,"Kureto Said quietly trying to hear if he was being followed," Follow me."

      "And why would I do that?" Guren Asked.

      "I need someone I can trust. And you the only one I can trust. Especially with this situation,"Kureto Said convincingly.

    "Fine but don't make me do anything stupid,"Guren yawned as he started to follow Kureto. 

    "Trust me this isn't stupid,"Kureto mumbled under his breath.

      Kureto went on the same level were he found Mari. But he started to walk in the different direction. He followed Arka to another different room he wasn't suppose to enter. The room was the most classified that only the Captain and high ranks could enter.  Kureto knew the Red Journal he saw would be in there.
       "Where the hell are we going?" Guren finally asked becoming suspicious with Kureto.
     "I saw something I wasn't suppose to see. But now I'm curious myself to find out,"Kureto Said as he kept walking ,"I think I would find in the room were not allowed to go in at all."   

      Kureto found the room. He tried turning the knob. Surprisingly it was opened. Arka must've forgot to lock it.

  Kureto started to walk in. Guren followed. No one was inside thankfully. But there was loads of cabinets. Kureto saw a laptop on a desk. He went to it.

    "Kureto What the hell are we doing here?" Guren Asked turning to see if someone saw them.

     Kureto clicked on something. He started to search for Mari Ann. But it said no search.

     "What the hell?" Guren Said as he saw the name no Mari popped out,"Here let me try." Guren searched her name again.
Are you looking for Mariela Annalisa? The laptop suggested.

      Both Guren and Kureto were both confused. Even though Guren was more confused with Kureto. He finally became confused with Mari. 

       They tried one more time. But only that name came out. Guren clicked on it. But it said classified.  

    "The files,"Kureto Said as he ran to the cabinets. He found the name quickly. He grabbed to file. Guren walked up toward him.

"Who the hell is Mariela Annalisa?" He asked himself.

    Kureto wondered the same. They opened the file. A picture dropped with something taped on the back. Guren picked it up. The picture was a little girl. Pink eyes and Dark gray hair. 

    "It's a kid," Guren said as he looked at the girl. Guren flipped it other there was USB taped onto it. 

        He peeled it off. He lifted it up for Kureto to see and they both became suspicious. Guren walked back up to the laptop plugging the USB. Kureto still looked through the file. There was a lot of information.

        The USB files uploaded to the laptop. Guren clicked on the file. It just seem like recordings. Guren clicked onto the first one. 

      The video started to play. It showed the same little girl on the picture sitting on a chair. But here the little girl looked sick and weak.  "Guren this kid was experimented on," Kureto Said looking at the information.

        "Say your name,"a voice in the back said. 

     The girl hesitated. "Mariela Annalisa,"She said looking down.   
       "How old are you?" The voice asked.

      "Fi.. Five," She said playing with her hands.  

       "Why are you here?"  

     "Because you told my parents you can help me. Can you?" 

   "Of course kid,"

"Who are your parents?"

"Koichi Annalisa and Mia Annalisa,"

   "Why did they bring you here?"

    "Because they want me to live.."

    Another clip came on. Mariela started walking towards something. As the camera zoomed in. It was a ritual. Two katanas laid on the ground where a ritual Star was placed. She sat on the center.  "Touch the swords when your ready,but be careful these demons are stronger than you think,"Someone Said to her.

       She reached for both of them at the same time. As she touched them, she passed out. 

     The clip changed again. It was an older man in a lab coat. He looked very much looked like Arka. But older and more serious.
     "My name is Dr. Alas Iowa Russian expert. I offered my protect to a friend Koichi Annalisa, with a sick child hoping it would help her heal. It's been ten minutes since she has been out. I'm hoping she doesn't get taken over by the two demons," Alas Said as he looked into the camera. 

        The clip changed again. The little girl looked better and held a key on her hand. "How were the twins?"Alas Asked crouching down to as someone else recorded.  

     "The three of them are weird,"The little girl said without thinking of what she said.

       "Three?" He said confused not knowing about a third demon.
"Yea there was three. The ones red and the other is blue. Then there's a purple one. She didn't have a name so I named her Ann," the girl smiled as she thought about it. 

"And this third demon, what does she possess?" Alas asked worried.

       Mariela's hands started to burn. She started to take off her shoes. She screamed in pain. "She told me she would do this!" She Cried.

      Alas snapped his fingers. Someone ran towards holding a bucket. Alas put the poor girl in the bucket of ice cold water. It helped her only a little.

    "What's did this demon do to you?" Alas asked afraid of the outcome. Seeing the burns looking like markings.

       Mariela looked up at Alas. "She told me, if I become her weapon my Mommy and Daddy would be happy,"she started to cry. I mean what could the child do? She was only five and was dying.

      The clip changed back again to Alas alone. "The poor child went home. But I made a terrible mistake. Her parents don't see it. The child is becoming a weapon. If  powerful people find out about his child. They will try anything to kill her or use her for something worse. If your watching this it's probably cause I'm dead. Make sure that poor girl doesn't go through that pain," the video ended.
     Guren clicked onto the other video without hesitation. Kureto turned wanting to also hear about this project.

      The video started with different man. It wasn't Dr. Iowa. It was another man. He looked pale with his green eyes and black hair. He smiled as he realized it was recording. "If your watching this. This isn't about helping some poor girl. This is making her a project, a weapon against anyone who goes against our race. As you all no Alas is gone. His son Arka Iowa is helping me with this project. We now have the girl since her father was murder and she lost control. She has now gain herself recently,"The clip changed to a white room with someone sitting in the corner,"Now we can begin the project. For now she's at her human state. But now  she will be injected with the Seraph gene and much worse. She will become a dark angel or demon. No...she will be a project.  She will be project 2568 aka....."the man thought for a moment,"Devil's Daughter."

      Two men started to walked to the person in the corner. The person in the corner turned. It was that little girl only bigger at least Fourteen  or younger. But you couldn't see her face that clearly.The girl stood wanting to get away from them. "No please," you could hear her whisper,"You Said I could go home."

   The two men grabbed her. "You Said I could go home!!! Nooo!!" She started to kick and scream,"You Lairs! I just want to go home!!!" She moved crazy wanting to be dropped so she could run.  "You Said I could go home!!!" She Yelled wanting to scream more. But one of them punched her her causing her to go silent.  

      "As you see she is a pain. But with some work she will be controlled..."

        Guren paused it. It's Mari, he thought, But Who is Mari?  Kureto knew why Guren stopped it for the same reason. Kureto was amazed with this knew piece of information. "I guess we shouldn't speak to this with anyone,"Kureto Said to Guren,"For now this sticks with us. And Mari or whoever she is can't be informed that we know about this project."

       "And how do you expect me to keep that since I'm basically assigned to her,"Guren said sarcastically. 

    "I know you will,"Kureto Said as he started to walk away. He wanted to find the Red Journal.

    Guren grabbed the USB. He put it in his pocket. He wanted answers and he knew this time he wouldn't back out.

"Hey I'll be right back,"Guren and Kureto turned hearing the voice coming in through the door. Both Kureto And Guren ran behind the cabinets. The door opened. 

It was Arka. He held the Red Journal in his hands. He tossed it on a cabinet like it meant nothing. "Arka hurry before we are late,"Someone called for him.

"All right! I'm going,"Arka Said mad as he walked out not even locking the door.

"I think this our cue,"Guren said as he got up ready to leave.

Kureto stared at the journal. He grabbed it quickly. They both walked out of the room. They looked around but no one was there. They started walking towards the elevator. The door opened and thankfully they made it out. 

Meanwhile Mari,

    Mari laid on a tub filled with ice water. While Era waited for her to wake. During her time she was reading a book.

     Mari gasped as she woke. She stood up trying to breath. "Don't worry your fine,"Era Said as she closed her book.  Mari realized she was in Era's office.

      "How long have I been asleep?" Mari asked as she covered herself with a towel. 

   Era smiled,"Not long. Only a couple of minutes maybe 30?"

         "How did you get a tub in here?" Mari asked as she walked out of the tub.  But was laughing about it.

    "I have my ways,"Era Laughed but stopped knowing business had to done.

     Mari stopped,"It failed didn't it?"   

    "Yes,"Era Said.

    "Then I only have one option," Mari said knowing what had to be done.

     "But there is another..."

    "No, I won't drink blood,"Mari said as she started to put on her uniform laying on a table near the tub.

     "I know you won't,"Era Said sad knowing the other option,"But before you do. I should have given something you should of had a long time ago."

    Mari looked up at Era surprised with this something. Mari finished putting on her boot and stood. "What is it?" She asked wanting to know.

   Era smiled weakly,"Kid, before I do. Please don't be angry." Era started to walk up to her desk. She opened a drawer. She pulled out a letter. 

    "This was written down about a year ago. He knew you would be angry at him ever thinking of writing one of these,"Era Said as she handed the letter to Mari.

       Mari was confused. She looked at it. The reading was sloppy. But looked fimiliar. She started to read it. It said,

    'Dear Mari,
      Forgive me, but I wanted to write you one of these before the war. I hope that receiving this later we made our lives together to the fullest. Stopped the war,got married and probably had kids of our own. But if we didn't then that means I died too soon to complete our future. What foolish dream, I wanted. For writing this I wanted to let you know from myself that I love you with everything I have. Even sometimes when we don't see things Eye to eye. I will love you no matter what. But now it's time for you to move on. Find your happiness. Make your dreams come true. I'm sorry.... forgive me. Also don't always try to be strong, it's okay to be weak
- your Idiot Ichiya Sami'

     Mari tighten her grip on the letter. She looked up at Era. "I told him not write a stupid letter.I told him we would make a future together. I told him....." Mari stopped she looked back at the letter,"That stupid idiot!" She crumbled the paper. Era looked at her with sympathy. Hot tears came down Mari's eyes.

       She held the letter close to her.

"He chose the wrong choice,"Mari said as she closed her eyes. Era hugged her.

     "He chose what he thought was right. Please don't blame his actions or yours. It wasn't your fault,"Era Said.

        Mari stood moving Era away. "Why didn't you give this to me before? Why now? When I was finally trying to be happy with someone else. Why now? Why a whole year Era?!" Mari Yelled angry.

    Era stayed calm. "Because when I told you he was dead. You became angry with yourself. You took dangerous missions and risks. This letter could have made you worse," Era Said convincingly. 

     "No it could have helped me!! But you  don't know when to quit, do you Era!? This is a joke to you. You used your son and your using me,"Mari threw the letter to the floor,"For stupid reasons to win a war no one could ever defeat. You let Ichiya die, you let Hak die, you let Reina your close friend to die. And now I will die just like them. Where were you Era?!Why weren't you on that stupid helicopter!?Waste..." Era slapped Mari across the face. 

     Era looked angry at this point. She couldn't let Mari use stupid words. "Enough kid, your just making up stuff to help yourself. I never would have thought my friend or son would die on that day. But I learned to accept it. It's time you do the same. Before you get hurt,"Era Said fulled with rage. 

   Mari looked at Era with rage as well. "I did. Before you showed me that stupid letter," Mari said starting to walk away.

     "And where do you think your going?" Era Asked as she picked up the crumbled letter.

     Mari Laughed,"To end my misery."

  Mari opened the door and walked out.

A Year ago ,

      "I do,"Mari smiled at Ichiya.   

    Ichiya smiled in delight she accepted.
  Ichiya put the ring on her finger.Era walked out of the helicopter.

"Well Mrs. Mari Annalisa Sami,care for me to walk you to our ride,"Ichiya Joked as he stood.

    Mari laughed grabbing his hand and started running towards the helicopters. "My lady,"He Joked again helping her into the helicopter.

   "Of course Mr. Sami Annalisa," She smiled to his help.

      "Wow you guys were actually a thing?" Hak Laughed not knowing this was true.

   Hak was General Before Akiyoshi his little sister. But unfortunately he didn't see the future ahead.

   "Damn brother never thought you would have the guts!" Ichiko Laughed as he hit Ichiya on the back.

     Akiyoshi grabbed Mari's hand. "It's so pretty,"She said seeing the ring,"Can I be the Maid of Honor!?"

      "Of course I'm the best man,"Ichiko smirked raising his hand. 

        "Can you help me with the dress?" Mari asked Akiyoshi as both of them started to make plans. 

        While the guys made plays of their own. Reina turned smiling to see them all so happy. None of them knew the that they were heading straight to death. 

Present Day,

Guren wanted to find Mari and fast. He wanted to ask her so many questions but also he wanted to tell her about Kureto and what he might do. Guren started to Mari's room, hoping she would be there. When he started walking to her room. Someone grabbed his shoulder. He turned quickly grabbing that persons hand.

"Hey watch it!" Ichiko Yelled as he moved his hand away from Guren.

"Sorry Ichiko thought you were trying to kick my ass,"Guren said sarcastically.

"Pfft, Yea right. If your looking for Mari she's not here. She hasn't been back in a while. No one knows where she's at..."

"What do you mean?" Guren interrupt and wanted to know why.

"Nothing, just if you find her. Tell her we're sorry,"Ichiko Said as he walked away.

"About what?" Guren was still confused.

Ichiko left without another word. Guren thought for moment. Where could she go? But then he realized only one place. He started walking towards the elevator. He went to Ninnaji Temple. He started to walk to the pagoda realizing she would go there.

Mari was there at the top. She laid on the roof. She looked sad as she looked at the sky. Guren didn't want to climb up there. "Mari!" He called hoping she would come down to him.

Thankfully she turned hearing him. Mari stood looking down.

"Mari I need to talk to you,"He called again.

She jumped off. Mari landed like she had nothing to lose. "What do you want?" She Asked with a strong attitude.

"I been looking for you..."

"Why?" She interrupted as she crossed her arms.

"Look this is about who you are. My question is who are you Mari or should I call you Mariela?" Guren Asked.

Mari's face expression was the same. "It's Mariela, Mari is my nickname,"She Said,"How do you know my name?"

Guren pulled out the USB. Mari's eyes widen. She tightened the grip on her arm. "Where did you get that?" She Asked looking down.

"I saw what they did to you when you were only five,"He said as he held the USB in his hands.

Mari said,"I had to change my name for many reasons.". She turned around walking back to the pagoda.

"Why are you walking away?" He asked confused.

"Did you know that my father was murder by a man who was with the Hīragi's?" Mari said as she looked back.

Guren was still confused. "What?"

"When my father was murder by that man who worked with the Hīragi's. I let my demons corrupt me. I later not remembering anything I was in a white room. I found out his friend Alas was dead too. Alas tried to help me. But he made a mistake..." Guren remembered Dr. Alas saying it was a 'mistake',"After so many injections and treatment I was normal again. They told me I could leave,"Guren remember her screaming'You said I could go home,
"But they lied. After that they..they," Mari hesitated to say
another. She closed her eyes. She felt disgusted to think of it.
Mari smiled weakly,"They made me into a monster." She looked at her hands softly. She pulled off her gloves. She examined her hand.

Guren realized the scar she got from Yuu was gone.
Guren looked up at her. "What did you mean Hīragi's sent someone?" He asked confused.

"My father was Koichi Annalisa a powerful and strong man. He partnered with the Hīragi's, But when he realized what they were doing he left. He didn't want no part of Tenri's plan. My father left becoming something he loved. Being a pianist. Tenri was angry. But had no idea where my father was because he hid,lied about his last name saying Ann.Until Tenri found out Koichi had a child that was corrupted with demons. He sent someone to kill him and our family. But as the plan failed, They killed my mother. It was no suicide,"Mari's eyes turned purple. She becoming angry thinking about it.

"My sister had to suffer, thankfully she stayed with my mother's father,"She finished.

Guren looked at her. "I know how that feels,"He said closing his eyes remembering what the Hīragi's did to him.

Mari looked at him.Is it a lie?she thought as she examined him.
"Trust me you don't know what the Hīragi's did to my family. My family was lower than the Hīragi's. My father died because of them,"He said realizing they both had the same issue.

Mari didn't know how to respond. But she smiled walking passed him. Guren followed confused with her smile. She went to the Cherry Blossom tree. "We are the same," Guren said as he grabbed Mari's hand.

"You are half human half demon. But I'm no longer half human. I'm possessed with three demons and my other self. When the other side takes over I will no longer be human,"Mari stopped talking she grabbed a Cherry blossom,"As a cherry blossom is pick it's starts to die slowly like a life. But as it's played with,"Mari pulled a couple of its pedals,"And touched. It becomes broken and unfixed. You can't save it,"Mari squished it in her hand. She dropped it. "It's stays broken forever,"She looked at Guren,"You'll realize what I meant." She smiled to Guren's confusion.

"I don't..."

"It was something my Mom would tell me,"She smiled as she looked back up at the blossoms.

"What do you mean no longer human?" He asked wanting to know more about that.

"You will see one day,"Mari said as she sat on the grass.

"Tell me,"He said wanting an answer . He crouched down to her.
"Kureto wants to use you,"Guren said.

"I know,"She said quietly.

Mari laid down. She looked done with everything. She had no idea what to do anymore. "How did it feel to kill someone you loved?" Mari finally asked,"Her name was Mahiru wasn't it?"

Guren's eyes widen. "How do you.."

"Mahiru told me,"Mari said as she pointed at the sword. Guren realized she could talk to demons without knowing. 

    Mahiru was only seen in Mari's eyes. But she smiled evilly wanting to possess him.

"It hurt. You?" He said so calm trying to hide the fact it did.

"I broke,"She smiled looking at her hands.

"Do you want to talk about him?" He Asked.

"If I told you. You would feel sympathy,"She Said as she turned to him.

Guren laid down on the grass with her. "That's true but since I did find your engage rings under your bed,"Guren said,"I want to know."

Mari laughed softly,"I forgot about about those rings."Feeling Gurens presences made her feel better. He was warm and alive.

"You don't have to say it in a professional way,"Guren said sarcastically.

"Fine But I don't say it in a professional way. Well anyways The battle was called War Of Hearts....."

The War of Hearts,
A Year ago
Mari Story,

"We're jumping in five minutes,"First Commander Reina Yelled.

Mari turned to everyone seeing that they were all paranoid . They were scared out of there minds. Someone threw up. While others cried. Mari turned to Ichiya. "What's happening?"Mari asked getting worried.

"They're just scared. But there's nothing to be afraid,"He smiled as he hugged her. So Mari thought...

"Hook up already,"Ichiko Joked.

"Let them be,"Akiyoshi Said annoyed of Ichiko.

"Says the girl who hates relationships ," General Hak Joked.

"Wait wheres Era?" Akiyoshi asking looking realizing she wasn't there.

The other soldiers turned around as well. Reina turned too. "Oh no,"She Said,"That stupid woman most have been left behind." Mari laughed to Reina's attitude.

A loud explosion blasted near them. "Alright people! Suit up!" Reina said. They all stood. Soldiers grabbed parachutes. "Open the cargo door!" Reina commanded. Mari stood taking out her swords.

The door lowered. Out of no where, a vampire helicopter started shooting inside the cargo door. Soldiers fell off the helicopter, already dead.

"Akiyoshi!" Mari Yelled as she knew Akiyoshi would do something.

Akiyoshi quickly took out her bow shooting down the helicopter. The helicopter crashed into theirs and others.

"Go! Go!" Reina commanded pushing everyone out the helicopter.

All the soldiers jumped for their lives. They were afraid. Mari froze. She was frighten herself.

        Ichiya turned,"Mari!" He Yelled running back towards her. But Reina grabbed him by the collar and threw him out. It was good that she did. The whole helicopter was crashing down.  Reina looked at Mari with a weak smile. Mari finally was able to react. She ran as fast as she could. Reina turned, she jumped out of the helicopter. Mari jumped. They fell so fast.

On the ground it sounded terrible. There was weapons firing. Missals, helicopters trying to shoot down others. Other soldiers being stabbed or vampires sucking the life out of them.

Most of the soldiers landed safely on the ground. Reina started to demand orders. "All right soldiers! Our mission is to stop this war once and for all!" Reina demanded ,"We will enter as a group and fight side by side! We have no time to go to the tunnels! I main priority is to get the vampires away from the tunnels!!"

Mari nodded turning towards the war. They all started to walk in a straight line. Vampires turned seeing more flesh blood. All soldiers took out there weapons.

Reina started to yell,"As we fight together!! We will die with Honor!!Today we will avenge our families deaths! We will make it to the Promise Land!! Till this day forward we live like legends!!!"

They all started to run towards the battle. They slashed and stabbed through every vampire they could. But Mari was invincible. Not one touch. She would kick or stab any vampire that came close. She turned looking back. Ichiya smiled swinging his big purple ax.  Reina took out her katana she protect her soldiers weak spots. Hak and Akiyoshi shot any vampires that coming close. Ichiko took out his gun and shot.

        They fought side by side. It was amazing. They all smiled and yelled,"As One! We fight!! Til death do we part!!"

    Mari ran towards a vampire slashing it as she slid on her knees. Reina came behind her. She jumped behind her striking a vampire on the chest and kicking it away.

As time and deaths past, Vampires started to retreat. The Chinese thought it was a victory until the worst happened...

"Enemy helicopters! Everyone get down!" Reina yelled.

The helicopters started to shoot down towards their direction. There were hundreds of helicopters and vampires were returning seeing that they still had a chance to win. The helicopters started to drop bombs.

Reina and Mari looked at each other knowing it was the end. Mari looked up to excepting her fate. The bomb dropped. But Reina looked at Mari. "You can still live!" Reina Yelled as she tackle Mari. Mari couldn't react quickly. The bomb hit the ground.

  A loud explosion blasted everyone, everywhere.
Mari got up slowly. There was a buzzing sound in her ears. She turned looking around. Akiyoshi was holding her brother in her arms. Hak was blown up in half. "You'll be okay!,"she cried,"You'll be okay!!" She rocked herself back and forth.
Other soldiers laid dead on the ground.

    Mari looked around. A hand grabbed her. She turned,"Reina.." Reina's legs were gone. She was crying in pain. "My legs!" She Yelled,"My legs!"

"Reina calm down! You'll live!" Mari said trying to pick up Reina

"She left us,"Reina cried.

"Who?" Mari asked trying to pick her up.

But Reina didn't speak. She grabbed her to red capes of honor. She unhooked them. She handed them to Mari. "Til this day.... ah....,"she struggled to speak,"You are the First Commander! Take the rest back now!" Reina looked at Mari.

   Mari was speechless. "No I can't..!"

     "Listen to my orders. You wear those capes and you should tell them that your the Commander and you'll win this war but no..t....to...day.Now go!!"

      "No please,"

   "Go!"

    Mari hugged her. Reina quickly hooked the capes to her uniform. Reina turned hearing the helicopters returning back shooting.

     "Live!" Reina pushed her saving her again from being killed.   
     Mari turned to her. Reina was dead. Mari closed Reina's eyes. "I will remember your sacrifices," Mari stood up. She started running to Akiyoshi. She was holding her dead brother still. Vampires ran towards her. "Akiyoshi! We must live!" Mari Yelled,"Your brother wanted that! C'mon he wouldn't want you to die for his death!"

       Akiyoshi looked her brother. "I will tell mother about your sacrifices,"She whispered to him.

           She let go of the body. She stood,"You assholes will pay!!" She grabbed her bow. She aimed it to them. She shot the arrow. Killing all of them as it split into more arrows. Mari looked around. She lucky found Ichiya and Ichiko together fighting together. Mari started running back to the tunnels.

Other soldiers fought as hard as they could,but it wasn't enough. On the other side of the battlefield there were thousands of vampires running towards the Chinese Armies side.
There were tunnels like WWII. Soldiers running around as bombs killed most of them. But they had technology better than WWII.

"Put shield! Release the nuclear bomb!" A General yelled.

The soldiers looked him scared and afraid. "Sir we will die!" A Lieutenant Yelled.

Mari turned she ran towards the tunnels. She saw the General Ready to pull the lever. She grabbed him the collar. "I was order from the former Commander to retreat! General Grey take the soldiers to base on the Northern side!" Mari commanded letting go of him,"But first launch the bomb in one hour!we must get every soldier out of this war zone! We will win this!!"

General Grey nodded,"Set the bomb in one hour!"
The soldiers did as they are told. "Starting in one hour!" The Lieutenant Yelled.

"It's a cowards move!" The General Yelled at Mari,"Especially for a child!"

Mari stood tall. She looked at him angry. "It's better to be wise then bloodthirsty! I'm not a child! I'm the First Commander! Now do as your told!" She Yelled grabbing her swords.

The General smiled to her answer. Mari ran out. She jumped out of the tunnels. She started running back towards the others who fought. But she looked up. There's no time,she thought as she looked around. Soldiers tried carrying injured ones away. They were all afraid.

      Mari ran towards the middle. "Evacuate! We must retreat!" Mari Yelled.

She saw soldiers running as fast as they could to the tunnels. But many were carrying each other or bodies so they wouldn't be left behind. There wasn't enough time,Mari thought for a moment. She started to count. "One.........two.....three..." She kept counting slowly. Vampires were chasing them hoping they wouldn't escape. Mari started walking towards them. Ichiya turned seeing what she was doing. "....nine....ten..." Mari said,"Yuri, Yuri, take over one," her eyes were trace with blue and red.

       She ran faster than before. A vampire jumped to her ready and prepared,but Mari jumped, she spun in the air slashing through it. Another jumped behind her. She turned kicking it. She put her swords together. "Combine!" Mari Yelled.
She kept walking. "Take over Two!" She Yelled. Her eyes immediately turned purple with black surrounding it. "Mari!!! You can't do this!" Someone Yelled trying so hard to get to her.
Mari turned smiling,"It's already done! Evacuate with the others!"

Ichiya couldn't believe it. "If you do this you'll be corrupted!"
Mari turned back around. She didn't want to listen. She lifted her cursed gear.

Ichiya grabbed her arm. "You can't do this! If you do it! I'll have to kill you!" He Yelled hoping she could Hear him other the explosions and weapons firing.

"Just let me do it! We don't have time!" Mari Yelled,"There's a nuclear bomb striking this land in forty  minutes!"

Ichiya eyes widen. He looked at her. "I'll do it," he said knowing he would sacrifice himself,"Ichiko!"

      Mari didn't know what he meant. He spoke to low for her to hear. But Ichiko grabbed her from behind. Mari jumped scared.

        Ichiya started to walk away. He turned back to her smiling weakly. "I'll come back!" He Yelled.

Mari realized immediately what he was doing. "Wait!!!? Noo?! Wait?!" Mari yelled kicking and screaming.

     "Full take over!" Ichiya Yelled as he  held his huge ax high.

    In seconds, he was corrupted. He fell on his knees. Blood came down his eyes. One eye became all black. He started to scream in pain. The vampires stopped to see what was happening.
Mari closed eyes she couldn't bear to watch. You could hear his bones snap from his back. Mari began to cry. Ichiko released her. She fell on her knees. She didn't want to open her eyes.

       She opened her eyes anyway. He was corrupted. At this point he looked like Yuu's transformation.

    Ichiya jumped in the air and came crashing down with his ax killing hundreds of vampires. The vampires tried fighting back. But he killed them with one swing.  He jumped to one of the helicopters and brought it down like nothing.  He killed hundred of them. It was amazing to look at. Even though he looked incredibly dangerous it looked beautiful.

     "Mari! We have to go!!" Ichiko Yelled  trying to grab her.

     She looked at him. Her eyes were filled with pain. "Why does he do this!?" She yelled hating him for being so stupid,"I could've changed back. He can't."

         Ichiko looked down realizing it was stupid of him. But Ichiko walked up to Mari. "We have to go! We have no choice!" Ichiko Yelled.
       Ichiya or whatever it was now turned around. He started to walk towards Mari. He didn't speak. Ichiya jumped in the air. "He's attacking all sinners!" Mari Yelled realizing his next move. Mari started to run towards him. Ichiko ran as fast as he could knowing a battle would come. Ichiko ran to get everyone out.

       Mari jumped in the air. Ichiya tried striking Mari. But Mari grabbed the handle in mid air. They landed with Mari pushing him away from the tunnels. Ichiya kicked her away. She fell back. She got up. She swung her cursed gear at him. He blocked it easily.

   "Please! Ichiya?! If you can hear me!!" Mari started to yell but attack him," If your listening?! Turn back!!" Mari Yelled.

She tried grabbing him but he dodged it. "Please!!!" She Yelled.
Drums started to be heard from the tunnels. "Thirty minutes,"She said to herself,"There's not enough time" 

     Mari  took off her gloves. The vampires started retreat realizing the Seraph was distracted. She cut the palm of her hand. "Take my blood,"She Said as the curse weapon absorbed her blood. It glowed stronger.

Ichiya swung his ax almost dragging it. The Ax blasted everything out of the way. Mari fell back. She stood tall. Mari ran towards him. "Forgive me!!" She Yelled.

He jumped towards her. But Mari kicked him away. She ran towards him again. She swung her cursed gear at him. Ichiya quickly blocked it. A huge explosion was created as the weapons collided. Ichiya and Mari went flying away from each other.
Mari got up. "Take over three," Mari said knowing after this she wouldn't be in control.

Nothing happened. "Take over three!" She Yelled," Ann!" Her markings spread across her body quickly and fell slowly going to her face. Mari lost breath feeling the power.

Ichiya stood. He turned lifting his ax he stroked it down. The ground spit in half as he's ax exploded it. Mari jumped hoping she wouldn't get hit by the explosion. Lucky she was able to pass through.

Mari strikes her weapon at him. While Ichiya tried blocking everything. She tried kicking him. But he grabbed her, throwing her far. She stood again. And attack him,but still she couldn't kill him. She felt weak to do it.

Mari finally spin swinging her curse gear at him. But Ichiya grabbed her by the neck. Mari started to struggle. She didn't want to hurt him or worse kill him. "Ich...Ichi... Ichiya...plea... please!" She struggle to say to him,"I don't .....wa....want.. to ..h... hurt you."

He lifted her in the air. Mari didn't do anything. She looked into his eyes. His eye that wasn't black got watery, causing a tear to drop. Mari smiled,"i.....it's....o....okay."

He finally made a face expression.
"Noooo!!!" He started to scream. He threw her away from him. He looked angry. Not her,but at himself. He dropped his ax and started scratching his face.  "Noooo!" He started to scream,"Noooo!"

    Mari got up slowly. Ann appeared,"He's losing it. Mari take away his misery."

       "No,I can't," Mari whispered to herself. She closed her eyes.

      "Yes you can. Your fourth take over is ready you can do it. It's not like your gonna use the fifth,"Ann smiled,"He will forgive you. I see it in his eyes. Now do it."

Mari's curse gear appeared in her hands. She opened her eyes "Ichiya Sami!" Mari Yelled.

He turned he stopped scratching his face. But his ax appeared in his hands.

"Your..." Mari hesitated,"Your scarifies will be remembered!"
He jumped swinging his ax at her. She lifted her her curse gear. She blocked it. "You fought as a Commander! You lived like a friend! You were a great soldier!" He tried tripping her but she jumped back,"You had our backs!" Tears came down her eyes, "You meant a lot to me! To your mother! To you brother! To your father! To your friends! But you will never be forgotten!"  He ran towards her trying to grab her. She lifted her curse gear cutting his arm a little. He jumped back. 

    "Take over four,"She Said. Her markings were complete.  But they started to glow like the curse gear. She fell on her knees. "Aaaaaaah!!!" She screamed in pain.  

      Her eyes that were already purple and black dropped black stuff like if it her tears. Her bones started to crack from her back. Her uniform ripped apart as a black wing started to form her right side. It dropped black stuff like her eyes. A horn formed on the right side of her head. She stood. She looked half human half Seraph. Mari looked at Ichiya. She spoke sounding like a thousand voices echoing"Til this day you are a Legend!"

       She lifted her curse gear.  She stabbed it to the ground.  The ground cracked towards him. Black stuff emerged from the ground.

Ichiya jumped out of the way. Mari jumped in the air without her curse gear. He threw his ax. But Mari grabbed it. Black smug from her tears surround the ax. She threw it back. Ichiya grabbed it but the black smug went on his arm. He could no longer move it as it started to harden.

The smug took over the rest of his body except his face. He fell on his knees.

Mari's cursed gear appeared in her hands. "Good bye Ichiya," She stabbed through the harden black smug. Blood started to drip down.

Half his face turned normal. Tears came down his eyes. "Mari," he spoke.

Mari took out the blade. More blood dropped down. His face was filled with blood and tears. "Th....thank....y...you...
for..everything.." he tried catching his breath,"I love you." He stopped moving his face fell still.

Mari fell on her knees. "I'm sorry,"She whispered closing his eyes. She looked up. "It's here,"She smiled seeing the nuclear bomb falling.

Mari stood. She saw some vampires running away. "You caused this!!" She Yelled angry. She jumped in the air and came crashing down slashing threw them. "You will all pay!!! Until we go down!" Mari Yelled as her voice echoed.

Mari grabbed one and threw it to another. She turned hearing the bomb hit the ground.

Present Day,

"And that's it. The bomb hit killing the vampires,"Mari said looked at Guren, who listened to the whole story,"I woke up to Russian Soldiers telling me about seeing the Angel of Death angry. They didn't do anything to me. I tried looking for Ichiya but he wasn't found. So he was considered K.I.A. Killed in action."

"Wow,"Guren said turning to her,"That's..."

Mari laughed,"I know so stupid. Seems like a stupid story."

"No it's not,"Guren said.

"It's the past, it doesn't matter anymore,"Mari said looked back up.

"And why doesn't it matter?" He Asked.

"Because I have you. You matter now," Mari smiled sweetly.

Guren started to turn away. "Yea, yea,"He said trying to hide his face. He never seen her smile so sweetly.

"Oh cute your becoming red again,"Mari joked trying to turn him over.

"Shut up," He said turning over.

She blushed,"Don't worry you secret is safe with me."

Guren went on top of her causing her to blush more. "Oh really," He said sarcastically.

"Haha this isn't gonna work again," She smiled.

She lifted up her hand touching his hair. "Wow surprising, your hair is soft," She Joked.

"Shut up," He said again moving her hair away from her face. He leaned in kissing her.

Mari started to laugh,"I can never shut up."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

230K 1.3K 92
Note: This is my first story so note that in the beginning, it's a little shitty but it gets better trust me, this is from the future, just keep on r...
828 29 26
In a world full of mystic creatures hunted by the wretched human race, holds a mighty species. The Taos. The Taos consist of bird like men and women...
840 303 34
Being both human and demon is not an easy task. Especially when you're not excepted by one and have to hide your true self from the next. Anima Matoi...
199K 7.4K 49
All her life, Y/N served the Geo Archon. After beeing rescued by him, she offers him her complete devotion as an adeptus. Fighting in the Archon war...