The Billionaire's Wife

By WanderingDancer

All Madison Philips wanted was a night in the high life for her 18th Birthday. Penny after penny, she saved u... More

The Billionaire's Wife
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
NOT A CHAPTER UPDATE BUT PLEASE READ
Chapter 19
Chapter 20

Chapter 8

1.6K 58 15
By WanderingDancer

Song: Take On Me (MTV Unplugged)

I cried so much hearing this plus the scene!

**

Madison's P.O.V.

I barely slept at all.

The first night I get back home was full of tossing and turning. Mostly it was Will laying beside me sometimes embracing from behind or letting me cry on his chest. He was just there, stroking my hair and kissing my forehead. What shocked me most was that I found out how much a gentleman he was. He didn't take advantage of me even if I was so vulnerable.

What a first night it was back home.

I took a peek behind me and it seems Will fell asleep, and at 4 am. I suddenly felt bad for him. He didn't have to do all this for me, yet he did. This was all my family's problem, and I had him and his money. Well, I didn't need to have his money. I wanted to earn my own money.

Maybe that's it!

Maybe it isn't.

Will paid for the balance. I might as well pay for the next set of bills.

----

"One more stupid run like that and you're definitely fired and banned on working. I will not give you a recommendation for your appliction either!"

"Yes, boss." I manged to squeak out.

He then suddenly grabbed my cheeks and angrily pinched them. His fingers and long nails impalling me. "Remember. It won't only be you, but your sister as well. Get it? Now get your ass in the tables and don't bat those fake fucking lashes at me!"

They were extensions, but whatever.

I got myself out of hell, a.k.a. his office, and made my way to the counter to clean up after a customer when I see Bridgette and Heidi smiling at me instead of their breakfast. Oh, the tenacious two.

"Hey, Mads! Belated Happy Birthday!" Bridgette chimed.

"Yeah, Mads! How does it feel to be finally legal?" Heidi asked as she dug in her bagel. "I love your new look too! Did someone sponsor you? You look ten times prettier than you already are!"

Oh, no. They don't need to know what happened behind all this.

"I wanted to ask her why she isn't at school right now." Bridgette took a sip from her cup of coffee.

Yup, it was only a normal day then. "Long story, you two. A very long story." I took my spray and rug and started cleaning two seats from where they were.

"I love your nail color too, Mads!"

I smile as I wipe the counter. I enjoyed having them done too. The color was Cool Sand if my memory serves me right.

And even before the counter was done someone sat opposite of me, and surprise-surprise. It was my dear husband looking hot as ever even in the most bitter and sour mood. I wasn't in the mood to argue today.

"What would you be having today, sir?" I ask, flashing a fake sweet smile on my face.

His lips were in a hard line, eyes piercing through mine as if I was a child who drew on the perfectly white walls, arms folded over his chest. He was wearing a crisp white shirt with the top undone revealing a bit of his marbled chest. "I would like a word with the owner."

"What?" It wasn't the way I wanted the word to be said. It became a blunt 'what' than an exaggerated 'what'.

He leans over the counter with a few inches from my face. I bet the girls are enjoying every bit of this shenanigan. "I need to talk to the owner." He whispers this time, but at the same time it sounded so sexy.

I just looked at him and mentally arguing with him. I don't need to ruin the start of my plan. I need to make this right.

He closes his eyes and takes a deep breath. Good. He's on his heels and agitated. "For the love of God, Madison, do as your told." He gritted through his teeth but in a way only we could hear.

Rolling my eyes, I was on my way to hell. And I never thought my perfect husband would send me to see Satan. But I did as I was told this time. "Come on." I say and he stands up and holy smokes is my husband extra today. I got a glance from Bridgette and Heidi, they were drooling.

I lead Will to the entrance of hell and I knocked on the door. He was already cursing inside the office and Will had to hear it, and when he opened the door he was going to through seven shades at me when he saw Will and clammed up.

"Bill, right?" William says, putting his hand forward. "I am William Thompson."

My boss was dumbfounded, stammering, and slightly sweating at seeing Will. "Y-y-y-yes." He shakes his hand. I would want to wash that hand thrice and sanitize it twice. You don't know what he holds. "Owner and manager."

"Oh, good." Will flashes a cocky smile. "May I come into your office and have a small chat?"

"Sure! Of course, please!" The devil he is invited an angel in his domain while I remained outside.

I didn't want to try and overhear, so I went back to my post. And as expected, the two girls wanted the cup of tea.

"OH, MY GOSH! MADISON WHAT DID THAT HOT GUY WANTED?"

"HE'S SOOOOOO HANDSOME. PLEASE GIVE HIM MY NUMBER!"

I just chuckled on their reactions because they were already on their toes. "Look, I don't know what he wanted but he wanted to talk to the devil, so I let him."

"Gosh, I'd do anything for someone like him." Bridgette had her face in her palm in a daydreamingly way. He's more than just a pretty face too!

And out of nowhere there goes the boss walking out of the diner with a reaction I couldn't comprehend. It looks as if he was really leaving since he had his coat on. While the girls were still gossiping on Will, I took a closer look, and...shit. He got inside a police car, and no one in the diner notices.

I wondered why it suddenly became quiet. Looking behind me, Will was there, and the girls never made a sound. Their eyes were on him, but it didn't bother me at all.

"What happened?" I asked him.

"I'll tell you on the way home." He replied.

"Home?" One of the girls asked. Oh, no. Now I get to explain it to them and break their hearts.

I took a deep breath before facing the girls. "Bridgette, Heidi, this is William Thompson...my husband."

Their mouths dropped to the ground and I felt bad for not telling them ahead. I felt a tug on my heart, but it wasn't the good kind. After all, these girls were always there for me in everything.

Closing my eyes, I tried to collect my thoughts, and I felt Will's eyes on me. I didn't need to see it, I just felt it. "...I'm sorry. I should've told you girls as soon as you started to notice the physical changes." I said, and they were still staring at me. Oh, God. Give me a sign of goodness for once this day.

"Why are you still working here then, Mads?" Heidi whispered.

Before I could even think of an excuse, Will was already on full speed. "Because she owns this diner now." he said and I felt my heart skip a beat.

All three of us now have our eyes on him, but he laid his eyes only on me. "What?" I squeaked.

"Bill has no right in having this business. I've had my attorneys look up all the history, and it seems that there have not been a single employee lasting a year because of abuse. Only you and your sister have lasted that long, and given the fact that--" he paused, I knew he was trying to filter his words. "---you needed the money for your bills, both of you stayed even when there were evaluations that were negative about your boss. You worked hard here, Madison. You deserve something that's yours and your family's. And I couldn't think of any other business than this."

I am speechless, as usual. No one, ever, went this far for me and my family.

He smiles at me lovingly, and I thought I heard the girls swoon. Then he finally takes his eyes off me and on Bridgette. "May I borrow your knife and glass of orange juice?"

Still haven't recovered from the shock, Bridgette nodded slowly with her mouth still wide open as Will got her butter knife and the quarter-filled glass in his hands. The next second, Will made clinking sounds similar to what they do in weddings. Now everyone's eyes are all on us.

I suddenly felt a wave of nausea and a hot flash come through, but I chose to overcome them. I don't like this much attention...though my husband draws so much attention since he is attention itself.

"Good morning, everyone. I apologize for interrupting your sumptuous breakfast, but may you spare me a moment for this announcement." It all became quiet in exactly two seconds. William's warm gaze hit me and he pulled me near him.

From afar I see a couple giggling, probably thinking that there will be a proposal heating up on us. Sad to say that mine wasn't the most romantic thing, and that it is something I don't remember exactly. My heart clenches at that fact, but being sad about not cherishing one of the most important events in my life isn't a priority right now.

"Starting today, this dinner is under new management. The former owner suddenly felt incapable of continuing this business, but certainly, the only change you'll be receiving will only be improvements of everything. I wish that every one of you won't stop coming here because I know that most of you had very important memories here, and that this diner has already been a part of your lives." He steals a glance at me and the wave of nausea goes away just because of the small smile he has now. "Now please, enjoy your breakfast. Thank you once again for listening." And with that, the diners applauded. The seniors were crying tears of happiness, and some were cheering with their handkerchiefs up in the air.

William bought the diner. Wow. I had no words to say. When they were all settled and back to their businesses, Heidi had an anticipated look. "So you're the owner now, Mr. Thompson?"

William and I were smiling at each other like lovesick fools. "No, my wife is." And instantly my smile faded as the girls squealed happily. What?

In my mind, I wanted to pull out all of William's hair out, not even a baby hair left. But then I realized he was beating me at my own game. This is the revenge I get by leaving our new place, leaving him alone when he expected me to be in bed with him right now.

He fished out the keys and gave them to me. "It's yours to run now, Madison."

"What?" He expects me to do this now?

"You own this place now." He says in a cool manner.

"I don't know how to actually run this place." I said in defense. I don't know what I am now exactly.

"You've been here long enough to know the ropes. Besides, you'd rather be here right now right?" He places his hands in the pocket of his jeans. Oh now I get it! I know where this is going! Well!

I feel myself heating up with anger and I feel tears collecting in my eyes. This isn't fair! Though it's as if I caused this on myself.

He's bullying me. Just because I wasn't there when I woke up.

I didn't want to cause a huge scene so I walked out of the diner, knowing he'd bring along his car. And yes he did. But silly me forgot who had the keys to the car so my plan on sulking like a child inside his car didn't go as planned. I leaned back on the passenger's side door and I felt all the anger and the tears starting again. It was a frustrating spot. Mercifully, Will got out and unlocked his car. I, on the other hand, went straight in without hesitation.

This is going to be one hell of a fight.

He got inside and got the engines to ignite. I felt his gaze on me, but I looked outside my window. Before he could even open his mouth, I started to talk. If he did, God knows where this conversation may go.

"You didn't have to do that, you know?" My voice croaked. I tried to keep in the tears.

He sighs and starts driving. "You didn't have to leave home." His voice was low, dark, and cold. I felt my heart fall to the pit of my stomach.

That was all we said in the car as he drive us home. As we were driving, he called up someone to temporarily take charge of the diner at a year maximum after 'sorting things out' as he says and I was grateful. I am not ready to handle something as big as that diner especially now that my mom is still not awake.

Mom...

Thoughts of her in that hospital room invaded my thoughts as I remember the reason why I went to the diner today. The closer we get to our place the more I was having a hard time controlling my tears. My lips felt like they were bleeding from biting, stopping my tears from falling. Until a stubborn tear fell, and another, and another, and another right to the point that I couldn't hold it in anymore and I started sobbing.

"Shit." I heard William curse under his breath the moment he heard me and tried to park the car. Eventually he did. I just don't know where. I just felt the car stop. He removes his seat belt and then mine. Later, I was on his lap already like a small child crying from a nightmare in the middle of the night.

I feel more awful that Will gets to see me like this again, and that I know he will get tired of seeing me this miserable. But then my thoughts get contrasted by his body language. Once more he holds me close to him. With frequent kisses on my forehead and rubs on my back. It was the most soothing yet contrasting feeling ever.

He lifts my chin so that he could look at me. His eyes went from cold to full of concern and sympathy. He clears away the hair on my face and pushes them behind my ears. His tender thumbs wiping the tears under my eyes even if they continue to flow. Slowly his eyes gazed at mine then to my lips. His thumb travels from my cheek to my lower lip, sending tingles throughout my body. I just wanted him to kiss me.

Bit by bit, he comes closer until our lips meet. His kiss stopped my crying. From anxiety, I felt the adrenaline rush his kiss was giving me. The good kind of adrenaline rush though. The stimulating yet comforting adrenaline rush that gives signals to my aching core and his manhood all at the same time.

It's that kiss that would make the world on halt and comforts you like a cup of hot chocolate in cold nights. All my life, I never thought of experiencing this at this point in my life. For once, all of my thoughts slipped away, and it was just me and Will...and that feeling in the pit of my stomach that I have yet to still confirm. Now is not the time for that.

I could feel his member harden and pushing at my thigh. Oh, now I have to think of you too, buddy? 

He nips on my lower lip then sucks on my jaw with both his hands on my face, sending me waves of need. "Let's. Go. Home. Please."

I tilt my head back, stopping him from giving me another kiss and I drink him in. His breathtaking blue-gray eyes were pleading me. He looked pretty damn serious on going home. Besides, we really haven't settled anything. I think I took a long time savoring his face when he playfully pouts which took me by surprise, making me laugh loud with the remaining tears in my eyes flow, and they were finally empty. Will runs his thumbs again on my face, wiping the tears, and kisses where they were last. I nodded yes that made him smile.

"We have a lot to talk about, Madison." he kisses me once more. "And you owe me a question I believe, Mrs. Thompson." my smile drops. Oh, he remembers. "Now, now. No tears, my wife. You'll be okay soon...okay I admit, I don't know what to say at a moment like this." he says, making us both laugh again and my smile goes back. 

"Silly, husband." I start stroking his face and instantly he closes his eyes and leans back his seat with a sigh and a smile. I remember he told me he likes this, and he releases the tension he has as well.

"Shall we come home and settle marriage talk, Mrs. Thompson?" he asks me and I nod. "We have a lot to talk about, wife. The earlier we get home, the more we get things done." he helps me get back to my seat, and when I was secure, we were on our way out of parking. "I called you in sick today at school, Madison." he says as he backs up. "And it looks like you are running out of days of absences despite your exemplary performances, Madison."

I roll my eyes. "I thought we were discussing this at home?"

"We will, I'm just informing you. I just told the school about your mom's condition so that you'll be excused."

"...okay." I have yet to gather my strength for later. "Can we stop by somewhere first?" I tried asking. If he says no, it's fine as well.

"We'll visit your mom after talking, Madison." Okay, I know, Control Freak.

I had nothing else to say. So the drive to my new home was quiet...but not too quiet with the endless calls Will is having. Why did I marry a guy who's always on his cell again? Oh, right. I had no clue nor did I plan on marrying.

Since I did not get an idea how our place actually looks like, now was the time to take a peek at my new humble abode that doesn't sound humble in my imagination. I sensed that we were near, so I started to look out the window. It wasn't a palace, it wasn't small either. Definitely it is thrice the size of my old home, bigger even. It's big for us both. Maybe that was his plan.

What am I thinking? Of course it is! Children are off the to do list. Then I felt my heart sink. Sadly on my part, I still don't know what I really want for me. I've been so focused on my family that I don't know what to do with my life after I give them what I want.

It was a modern house with a color palette of creams, mocha, and brick work. Will pressed a button on a small remote in his car and the gate opens by itself. Wow.

He parked the car in an instant that was near the entrance of the house. on our left was a big garden and another garage containing three--five other cars that maybe are his as well. We both got out of the car and went straight inside, and I had a feeling that I was living in one of the most expensive and fanciest hotels I see in magazines. more colors of cream, silver, gold, and mahogany tables made eye contact with me. 

----

I made Will and I some breakfast, and I swear this kitchen will be the death of me. I can't wait to show mom this!

We were sitting at the kitchen island than the dining room table because that table is just huge. Maybe that dining room is for family, then again...

"In a few months, you'll already graduate. I don't want you to get a bad record by your absences. Really, Madison. You're one of the cream of the crop!" Will stops midway his scrambled eggs and french toast.

"I am well aware of that." I say, not giving eye contact and trying to fill myself up with food. All throughout the process of making and consuming food, we've already been talking about school.

"Tomorrow, you'll be attending again, promise me that." he says in a stern yet low voice that would not make me run for the hills. It didn't sound like an order, but I'm thankful. I wanted to come back to school for a long time. Mom will be okay.

"Yes, Will." I just said, and drank half of my orange juice down. Looking at him, he started to dig in again with his food. "Thank you." I said softly, but enough for him to hear.

He replied with a sweet smile. A pleased one actually. He also told me about how much he cherished his education when he was still studying Economics at a prestigious university. "Oh, yes the diner next."

Yes, we really do have a list made for conversation.

"The diner is yours and for your family. I want you stable and on your feet as well, Mrs. Thompson. For now, everything related to that place is under my name. Soon enough it will be yours once you have established yourself."

I dropped my fork on my plate. "Wait, what do you mean 'established myself'?" 

He looks at me as if I grew horns, then he looks at his plate looking all nervous as if he didn't know what else to say. "O-oh. You know..." is William Thompson actually stammering at me? "Once you finish college...or thought of handling the business yourself. Of course, I'd rather you finish a degree as well when you run your business and--"

"College?" I interrupted his nervous babbling. I felt uneasy and happy at the same time. 

"Of course, Madison. College. Whatever course it is."

I stopped the urge to lunge on him and kiss every inch of him. "But what if--"

"Hey." he said in a reassuring tone. "What did I tell you? No divorce. And I'll support you in anything and everything, even your family and your welfare." his eyes were soft and piercing at the same time. They dug into my soul, and I was attached instantly.

"Will..." I didn't know what to say.

"I know." he whispered back. "I believe you have something to ask me, Madison. I couldn't let our little scene in the plane to rest until you ask me."

Oh, dear.

"Uh, actually it's a question that is appropriate sometime else." I don't want this conversation now as we eat our breakfast in a dining area.

"But you said when we get settled." you know he feels bad a bit, and wants me to talk thinking it would be about him. 

"We'll talk about it later, husband."

"Okay then." he drops it and continues eating. "This is the best french toast I have ever ate." he comments, giving me a smile on my face. "Thank you, wife."

"Wouldn't want my husband to go hungry and live on take-out, do we?"

----

I went to the shower and now I am having a dilemma. What to wear? We were just going to visit mom, but then Will's father called wanting to meet us after, so I had to make myself presentable.

I was only with my black lace bra with matching undies with my hair still wrapped in a towel in the walk in closet in our bedroom. I wanted to look myself but in the best possible and not disappointing way. Then I felt as if I was being watched. I looked back and saw William looking at me...his friend was peeking too.

"Would you mind helping me with something?" I say.

His eyes never left me, but his feet led him next to me. "I can make you wear only those all day, wife." he removes the towel from my head, freeing my damp hair.

"Wouldn't want your folks to see me like this, won't you?" I smirk.

"My eyes only, baby." he says seductively which made me internally melt. It's one of those sexiest things you could possibly think of. Not leaving his eyes on me, he pulled something from the racks, and it was a powder blue dress that was sleeveless but goes right below the knees with a lace overlay. "This would look gorgeous on you. My beautiful angel wife."

With a swift kiss on the temple, he leaves and lets me have my moment. I prepared by wearing a dainty necklace with a pearl pendant with matching earrings. My hair got curled, my makeup light but enough to impress. I grabbed my casual clutch, put on my khaki color coat and slipped on my nude Valentino pumps and I felt like I was meeting the Queen of England.

----

Megan loved my look. I couldn't wait to doll her up in my vanity.

"I could curl your hair in different sizes with those barrels! They come in different inches so if you want loose or tight curls, they're easy."

"Really?" her eyes just lights up. My sister is beautiful. She just needs to show it off and wear the right clothes. That's what Will told me too. "I can't wait to have a make over! But you know what else I can't wait for?" Megan was wiggling her brow.

"What?"

"For godchildren of course!"

"I'm going to be a grandmother?"

MOM?!

**

Author's Note: hey everyone! I'm sorry I was away for a month, I wasn't feeling well emotionally and mentally. After a few years, I was seeing myself struggle again, so yeah.

I can't thank you all enough for the love and random uplifting comments and messages you guys are giving me. I love you all dearly so much. I have one week left of my summer vacation, but rest assured, I will get better soon, and I'll still be writing. The next chapter will be an awesome one!!!!

I love you guys so much from the bottom of my heart.

And now I am craving for some milk tea T.T (boba tea, bubble tea for some). They're the only thing I want the entire summer, I swear!

LoveLots,

WanderingDancer x

P.S. Can we just talk about that emotional scene on Deadpool 2 with that song? *feeels*

(June 4, 2018 2:07am)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

95.6K 3.3K 42
Samuel Richard King, the Billionaire whom no one noticed, but her. And he let her in his heart. Which she stomped all over. Breaking it in pieces. No...
152K 21.2K 70
A flirty bartender entraps two men, an average guy and a billionaire. She's sought after by both men, who desire her. Madison Hart is outspoken, dete...
27.2K 1.3K 45
"No attachments," "No love," "And no questions about the past." Those were the three main requirements the contract asked of us. The rules that wo...
79.4K 2.7K 20
He is handsome and hot. She is pretty and cute. He is a billionaire. She is an orphan. He is arrogant, rude, jerk. She is humble and funny. He is the...