Parental Supervision °showki°

By cutleryy

Kihyun is trying his hardest to be a single parent and take care of Changkyun, and he was doing a perfectly d... More

INTRODUCTION-A/N
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter ten
chapter eleven

chapter nine

4.8K 314 121
By cutleryy

What Hyunwoo wasn't going to say, was the fact he had been standing outside Kihyuns apartment door for fifteen minutes, mainly to try and ready himself and fix his hair.

At one point, Kihyuns next door neighbor returned home and gave Hyunwoo a peculiar look. It led to an awkward greeting, as Hyunwoo had to stand there awkwardly as his neighbor unlocked their door and went inside. About then was when Hyunwoo decided it was a good idea to knock.

It wasn't but a minute before the door swung open, and Kihyun smiled pleasantly up at Hyunwoo.

He stepped aside to let Hyunwoo in, which the taller obliged.

"You look nice," Kihyun noted, standing by as Hyunwoo slipped his shoes off at the front door.

He noticed Kihyuns socks were mismatched, and it was cute.

"Thanks. You do too by the way." But Kihyun rolled his eyes at Hyunwoo's returned curtesy, motioning him over to the living room.

Hyunwoo followed Kihyuns lead and took a seat at the little coffee table, taking notice of how Kihyun had straightened up and made this little set up. He'd seen his house enough to know what state it usually was in, and this wasn't it.

Kihyun didn't meet Hyunwoo's eyes, but Hyunwoo didn't need to see him to know he must've had a pink tint to his cheeks.

"I figured we could both use a little wine, and quiet away from kids." He shrugged, pouring some into the glasses. They weren't fancy wine glasses even, they were just plastic cups. Kihyuns had fish stickers on it.

Hyunwoo tried hard to not laugh because of that, because it was true, this silence was nice. When you spend most of your time taking care of kids you can forget what it's like to be your own person. It's like a weird child mode you go into.

He took the cup Kihyun offered with a 'thanks', watching Kihyun take the first drink. Well, swig really. Hyunwoo sipped his own, rethinking on what he had meant to say earlier this morning.

He'd had all day to think about it, and he wasn't sure whether he could now. It's much different when you're in the moment compared to sitting and theorizing for hours until the bravery that was there dissolves. Hyunwoo was an honest man. But this was a rare time that he found it was hard to speak his mind.

Oh, but the way Kihyun eyed him it was like he was reading his mind, lips quirked in a tiny smile, awaiting whatever elegant speech Hyunwoo could have, but probably picked up on the fact that there hadn't been one prepared.

"I was thinking," Hyunwoo started, slowly. He wasn't drinking his wine but he held it and slightly rotated the cup, momentarily watching the wine swirl and contemplating his words before looking back up. "About earlier, and this is like, for the future- not now, it doesn't have to be. But it's just what I was thinking because I can see it in the future. And I think it'd be nice but it's up to you, whenever you'd like-"

"Hyunwoo," Kihyun cut him off, despite how he enjoyed the cute rambling, he wanted an explanation. "What about in the 'future'?"

Hyunwoo shrugged, pausing as he brought the cup to his lips. He wasn't sure whether Kihyun listening so intently made it easier or harder; maybe it was both.  "That maybe in the future you'd want to be boyfriends." And then he casually drank as if he'd been striking up conversation about the weather.

Kihyun was glad Hyunwoo's eyes were hidden over the lip of his cup, because Kihyun had choked on his wine, covering his mouth before ruining his clothes too horribly. The attempt was fairly feeble.

Granted he half expected it, it was a lot different coming from Hyunwoo himself. Half of what he thought about was how Changkyun would react if Hyunwoo was Kihyuns boyfriend. He'd probably love it more than Kihyun would.

He (for lack of napkins, and deciding it'd wash out) wiped his hand off on his jeans, having to set his cup down.

"Doesn't sound bad to me," Kihyun feigned a casual tone, even though his insides were bursting at the possibility of it. Hyunwoo being his; but for real. "How far is this future you think?"

Hyunwoo was smiling, it was a heart warming thing to witness.

"Well I'd have to take you on an actual date, for starters." Hyunwoo laughed. "Isn't there something about buying a guy dinner first?"

"Yeah, but that implies perverted motives," Kihyun rolled his eyes. He was honest, but dumb. "Doesn't this count as a date? It's hard to have someone babysit when you're being taken out by the babysitter."

"You make a good point." Hyunwoo raised his practically empty cup, waiting for Kihyun to complete the juvenile action of clinking them together, plastic meeting plastic in a dull thud. "Cheers, then!"

Kihyun drank down the remainder of his cup, reaching for the bottle again. "What for?"

Hyunwoo held his cup for a refill, only wanting a little but Kihyun topped it off like his own.

"For our first date, and that we aren't single anymore."

Kihyun laughed at this, a musical and beautiful sound that carried through Hyunwoo's ears and he hoped to hold it in his memory forever.

Kihyun easily took a drink so his cup wasn't as full. "Come here." He waved Hyunwoo over, and he scooted over.

Kihyun took Hyunwoo's chin, reminiscent to the times the role had been reversed, and decided to pull him down (curse his height) to claim his lips.

This time, they weren't in a hallway, and there wasn't a sleeping kid between them.

There weren't any distractions to stop Kihyun from letting one hand entangle in Hyunwoo's hair, that he had guiltily been dreaming of doing for longer than he'd like to admit.

His life hadn't been this complete ever before. He had Changkyun, his kid he loved more than himself, and would sacrifice the world for. And he had Hyunwoo now. Who loved him when he couldn't love himself anymore, and salvaged all the beauty in the world he could find just for him.

Kihyun drew back, both taking deep breathes in the small space between. Kihyun didn't let his hand drop, he'd rather play with Hyunwoo's hair. It was soft, he must've showered this morning.

Kihyun flashed a smile. "It's okay."

Hyunwoo quirked an eyebrow at this all too familiar line. Apparently it was a thing now, but he honestly didn't mind at all. It was cute. "What?"

Kihyun stuck out his lower lip and tilted his head to the side to shrugging the slightest. "To keep kissing me."

Hyunwoo chuckled, and it was a beautiful thing. He kissed Kihyuns jaw with a feathers touch. "You smell like wine. And you have to work tomorrow, no more drinking."

Kihyun felt his cup taken away, and immediately didn't like that idea so he scooted away to take it back from where Hyunwoo had put it back on the table.

But Hyunwoo further interfered by tugging Kihyun back, comfortably settling his arms around his waist and Kihyun felt Hyunwoo's chest against his back.

"Sohn Hyunwoo." Kihyun attempted a threatening tone, seeing as Hyunwoo didn't seem to be willing to let go any time soon.

Kihyun wanted his wine. But he wasn't all that determined to abandon this comfortable position.

Hyunwoo rested his chin on Kihyuns shoulder. "What?"

Kihyun huffed slightly and just let himself melt back into Hyunwoo, giving in instead of fighting over it. A light butterfly kiss on his neck made him glad that he had made this decision.

Kihyun felt Hyunwoo's larger hands that were around his waist, warm and soft, playing with his fingers contently.

This was nice. He closed his eyes and tried to memorize this feeling, how peaceful and calm it was.

And then he heard Changkyun crying in his room.

Instinctively Kihyun started to get up, knowing he must've had another nightmare. Changkyun was still top priority, and his instinct moved faster than his thoughts, unyielding to how much he had wanted to stay where he had been.

"I can get it." Hyunwoo said, moving at the same time Kihyun was.

But Kihyun put a hand on Hyunwoo's shoulder to stop him. "If Changkyun knows you're here, he'll be too excited to go back to sleep," Kihyun reasoned, unfortunately slipping from Hyunwoo's warmth. "I got it."

Hyunwoo couldn't really argue with that, so he let Kihyun get up to go help Changkyun back to sleep.

And it dawned on him for perhaps the first time, that Kihyun was happy. Truly happy.

He remembered so long ago when Changkyun had told him about how he wanted Hyunwoo to help Kihyun, and Hyunwoo in the process had found that same happiness himself.

Though unexpected and unplanned as it was, it was real nonetheless.

•••

Kihyun was back half an hour later, and saw Hyunwoo only half awake leaning against the couch, head falling slowly and then snapping back up when he heard Kihyun come back in. Unfortunately Hyunwoo had been right, they both had work tomorrow so it wasn't exactly a bright idea to stay up far too late.

"Hey," Hyunwoo greeted masking a yawn discreetly behind his hand.

"You should go home and get some sleep," Kihyun said, slightly disappointed. It didn't even feel like he had been here that long. "I think we should've done this on the weekend."

Hyunwoo laughed, sitting up straighter and stretching his arms above his head, back cracking and he exhaled softly in satisfaction. "I think that would've been smart, yeah."

Kihyun watched him get to his feet, two sides of him arguing over wanting him to stay and the other knowing he should go home and get some rest, and that Kihyun was just being selfish now, for wanting that. But it's okay to be a little selfish, right? It couldn't hurt anyone.

"You sure you can drive with how much you had to drink?" Kihyun asked, even though Hyunwoo seemed entirely sober. It was worth a shot.

"I didn't have much, only about a glass or so." oblivious. That's what Hyunwoo was right now.

Apparently it wasn't going to work. It was far too blunt to ask if he wanted to stay the night,  and apparently dropping hints impossible. Hyunwoo was good at noticing things, except for the things you wanted him to notice.

"Are you sure? I don't think you should risk it." At last there was the start of understanding on Hyunwoos face. He didn't play along with the subtleties though.

"You want me to stay the night?"

Well it certainly sounded a lot worse out loud than he was thinking it to be. No he didn't want Hyunwoo to stay in that way, he just wanted him to.. be here. Like when he was sick, and Kihyun got to wake up and not run around but knew he wasn't entirely alone. Sure that was on the weekend, and there was kind of no choice in the matter, but it was still nice.

"Don't say it like that! You know what I mean," Kihyun defended uselessly. "are you?"

Hyunwoo shrugged, his eyes smiling as if he found this situation rather cute. "Well apparently I've had too much to drink, I think that's a good idea."

Kihyun rolled his eyes. "Come on. I'll find you some pajamas." 

•••

The next morning Kihyun felt perfectly fine, a slight headache but it wasn't very bothersome. It was easy to ignore.

What wasn't easy to ignore though, was the extra visitor in his bed.

When Kihyun first opened his eyes he saw the usual Changkyun, who at some point came in again during the early morning, most likely.  (he should really start figuring how to get him to break that habit, but despite how he thought about it, it was one thing that made him feel extra special)

But just behind Changkyun, was Hyunwoo too. The big ol bear had stayed the night too, because someone insisted he shouldn't drive after only a glass and a half of wine. That person was Kihyun who just didn't want him to leave.

They didn't do anything of course, just chat away until they fell asleep, and a few kisses here and there. Fully clothed of course, Hyunwoo cutely dressed in whatever big clothes Kihyun could find for him to sleep in. 

Kihyun was lost in admiring his two favorite people, he didn't realize Changkyun was awake too, until he giggled. 

"Woo stay." The toddler said simply, relishing the feeling of laying between the two. It was nice and cuddly.

Kihyun pulled Changkyun into his chest, kissing the mousy brown hair with a loud 'mwa'.

"I hope." Kihyun whispered back.

Hyunwoo yawned, half cracking an eye open. "Definitely."

•••

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.4K 524 23
🏅2021 May 22 | no.6 in #showki 🏅2021 May 25 | no.1 in #chaegyungwon - No one's forcing you, you're making all the choices. You're responsible, it's...
139K 7.8K 23
in which hyunwoo is a single father with too many responsibilities while kihyun is a motherly nursery teacher with not enough. stuckihyun-©
2.6K 274 88
In which Yoo Kihyun is a man, only a man, and nothing other than a man. Despite what his family and peers think of him. STARTED: 120918 ENDED: 261020...
67.9K 4.7K 105
After one incident, Son Hyunwoo is shackled with a 'babysitter' in the form of Prosecutor Yoo Kihyun until further notice. What happens as they figh...