Because Love Is Not Enough

By missb00kw0rm

Avantika is normal 18 year old girl with dreams. But she's shattered when she finds out that her knight in le... More

Author's note
CAST
Chapter - 1 THIS GIRL
Chapter - 2 CPR
Chapter 3 Its not over
Chapter - 4 Roomies?
Chapter - 5 Aaahhhhh!!!
Chapter - 6. Awkward
Chapter - 7 His love
Chapter - 8 Gogo
Chapter 9 Family
Attention Readers!!!
Chapter 10 College Day
Chapter 11 Mia's kitchen
Chapter 13. You are enough
Chapter 14. Be my queen
Chapter 15 HIHAHAHA!!!!
Chapter 16. Hot breaths and lingering touches
Chapter 17 Ex-Girlfriend
Chapter 18 Friend-zoned
Chapter 19 Creeps

Chapter 12. Reminscing the past

53 16 12
By missb00kw0rm

Hey, I have added a song. It's one of my favourites. You can listen to it while reading the chapter. Do comment if you liked the song. Now continue reading

Avantika's POV

I stood still for a while, still shocked by his actions but soon I hugged him back. My tears were soaked in his cotton button-up shirt. He held me softly but firmly. My head was resting on his chest so I could hear his heart beating, dum-dum-dum. His chin was resting on my head and his hands rubbing my back.

He was the first to draw away and I felt cold from not being close to him. My body suddenly craved to get closer to him. Obviously, I didn't do anything. We just stood there replaying the moment in our heads.

We drove back to his apartment in silence. When we entered there, we found Jai kissing a girl. The girl was sitting on his lap and her top was nowhere to be seen.

I just stood there like a deer caught in headlights. Unlike me, Gaurav reacted pretty soon.

"What the fuck is wrong with you Jai? You have a room to yourself right then why are you fucking your girl in the living room. Gross Jai!!!! We sit on that couch all the time. Have you fucked her earlier on the couch?"

That girl quickly puts on her t-shirt and tames her hair using her hands. She looks at Gaurav and me, amusement clear on her face.

"Relax Gogo, We weren't going to have sex on the couch, I am not that much of a douchebag. Stop acting all good in front Avantika, alright. She might not want to hear your sexual adventures." He growls and holds that girl's hand,"let's go Alisha."

Gaurav looks furious at the end of their conversation. He curses under his breath and scurries to his room.

Jai's girlfriend greets me.

"Hii, I am Alisha."

"Hi, Avantika. Nice to meet you."

"Likewise Avantika. I have heard a lot about you from Jai. We should meet sometime for coffee. How do you feel about that?"

"I would love too."

"Great, here is my number. Bbye"

"Thanks and bye."

Hmm, she wasn't that bad then why was Gaurav so rude with them? Anyways it's their personal matter. Why should I care?

I took a shower and fell asleep in my room.

The next morning I woke up early and found Gaurav making coffee. He smiled slightly on seeing me and greeted me," Good morning Avy bear."

"Good morning gummy bear."

"Are you going to keep calling me that every time I call you Avy bear." He amused.

"Umm....yes. I will. Now can I have a cup of coffee?"

He smiles and says,"Milk or without milk."

"With milk, two teaspoon sugar and with lots of cream."

"Looots of cream!!! Aren't you scared of getting fat, Avy bear? I know I call you bear but that doesn't mean that you have to turn yourself into a living bear. I don't want a bear living next to me." He smirks.

"I don't get fat so don't worry about that. And I love cream in my coffee."

"Okay.....your coffee will be ready in five minutes."

I look at Gaurav who is busy making coffee for me. He scrunches his nose a little while pouring cream into the coffee. He looks like a cute baby and I smile inwardly.

My mind wanders to the last night events and I ask him.

"Ummm..... Gaurav where is Jai? I haven't seen him this morning."

Gaurav looks at me perplexed.

"He didn't come back last night. He must be with his girlfriend."

I couldn't help myself but notice how he said 'his'. I clear my throat, a weak attempt to start the conversation again. Gaurav looks at me amused.

"Just ask away Avy bear. I will answer you truthfully."

I tuck a strand of hair behind my ear and say,"Why were you so angry last night? Is this something about between you brothers.?"

He looks at me and then stirs the coffee.

"The girl, Alisha who introduced herself as Jai's girlfriend used to be my girlfriend six months ago. I found her and Jai naked on my bed."

My jaw drops after absorbing this whole new information. I look at Gaurav who is cleaning the slab. I feel so sorry for him. My blood boils on thinking about Jai and Alisha.

"I am so sorry Gaurav. I shouldn't be prying into your personal matters."

"It's okay Avy bear. I was going to tell you anyway."

"So, did you love her?"

Gaurav laughs at my question like I had asked him if he liked men.

"Love..... No way.... I was going to break up with her anyway. But she fell in love with Jai and they told me about them pretty soon. But still what hurt me the most was how could Jai do something like this to me? I am his brother. Brothers don't do that to each other, do they? And last night when I saw them like that again, I lost my mind."

"Oohh"

My mind thinking about Gaurav. How would he have felt at that time?

"Relax Avy bear. It's in past now. They told me that they were hopelessly in love. And I have read somewhere that people do that shit when they are in love. Everything is fair in love and war."

"Shakespeare"

"What!"

"I mean Shakespeare  said those lines."

Gaurav throws his head back and laughs.

"You are so cute Avy bear..... I ranted for so long but you only caught that Shakespeare part."

My cheeks turn into flames as he pinches my cheeks.

"Awww you are blushing Avy bear. I know I am hot but I had such strong effect on you...... I didn't know about that..... Wow."

"Stop making castles on a cloud alright. I am not attracted to you and never will be, even if you are the last guy on the planet. Got it!"

"Is that so Avy bear....." he smugly replies

His deep voice sends shivers down my spine but I refuse to show the effect he has on me.

"Yes, and now please get ready or else we will be late for the college."

"Okay, mam."

He salutes me and sips his coffee while looking at me.

We enjoy our morning coffee together and drive together to the college.

*******************************
Hii readers, so sorry for the late update. And I am apologising in advance as I won't able to update much for few days. I am working on a different project right now and have to submit it on 15 may.

Please point out the mistakes grammar nazis.
And the question of the day...
∆ Whats your nickname?
Mine is maanu.

And don't forget the three magical words.....

❤Vote❤Comment❤Share❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 95.2K 87
Daksh singh chauhan - the crowned prince and future king of Jodhpur is a multi billionaire and the CEO of Ratore group. He is highly honored and resp...
1.6M 73.8K 76
မာဗာရစ် + ခွန်းညီလွန်းရန် ( 8.9.2023)
3M 193K 89
What will happen when an innocent girl gets trapped in the clutches of a devil mafia? This is the story of Rishabh and Anokhi. Anokhi's life is as...
1.8M 140K 63
"ရှင်သန်ခြင်းနဲ့သေဆုံးခြင်းကြား အလွှာပါးပါးလေးကိုဖြတ်ကျော်ခါနီးမှာမှ ငါမောင့်ကိုစွန့်လွှတ်တတ်ဖို့ သင်ယူနိုင်ခဲ့တယ်၊ လူတွေက သံသရာမှာ ရေစက်ရယ်၊ဝဋ်ကြွေး...