set it off |mbj

Door mochahontaz

"You had the chance to get out of this lifestyle. Why didn't you take that chance?" "A dog always returns to... Meer

| S O U N D T R A C K
| CHARACTERS
SET IT OFF | I N T R O D U C T I O N
1 | S O L A N A
2 | R E A S O N I N G
4 | B O S S L A D Y
5 | B A C K F I R E
6 | F L A S H B A C K
7 | S U P R I S E
8 | Q U E E N P I N
9 | P L A Y Y O U R S E L F
10 | F E A R
G I R L G A N G
LEELAHROSE X YALL SLEEP
11 | T R U T H
12 | I N T O O D E E P
13 | B L E S S I N G
14 | V O W S & V E G A S
15 | R O O M 4 3 0
16 | R O N A N
17 | L A N A B A N A
18 | C . R . E . A . M
19 | S U G A R P A R E N T S
20 | B A D G I R L S
21 | T H E M A R K S
22 | T H E R A P Y
23 | B I R T H D A Y
24 | M E E T I N G S
25 | T R I C K S
26 | S O N D E R S O N
27 | C O N S U M E
HOE WHY IS YOU HERE
28 | BUSINESS
Why Nothing Has Been Updated: Plagarism

3 | I N T O U C H

11.8K 673 524
Door mochahontaz

I N  T O U C H

______________
M O N T H  O N E
______________

"I can't believe I actually agreed to this." Michael sighed, sitting across from Solana in an open room. She was dressed in dull colored clothes, but managed to still look vibrant as her hair was in a messy bun on the top of her head.

"It's something that had to be done." She smiled softly and held his hand. "Don't make this a sad day, tell me what's been going on with everything."

This was his third time coming up to meet her so far. Every week he'd come up to spend time with her, making sure that she was okay, no one was messing with her, no nonsense.

"We're growing." He smiled. "Getting more men, getting more money, drugs. We're not where we see ourselves, but we're getting there. I gotta trust the process." Solana nodded her head and smiled at how happy he was. This was the reason why she took the blame anyway. She saw so much potential in Michael, that she refused to let it go to waste.

"Mecca is growing." He took out his phone and showed her the picture of his two year old niece.

"My baby!" Solana grinned and held the phone in her hands. "Look at that face on her," she pouted "she's gonna give Erica and Korey trouble when she gets older." She zoomed into the picture, looking at her dimples that she shared with Michaels side of the family.

"For her to be two and be preoccupied with her toys, she's smart. She knows that you're gone." He cleared his throat. "Every time I go to visit, she's saying 'Lana Bana, Lana Bana'."

"You're making this harder on me." She scratched her head and picked at her fingernails. "How are Bryson and Isis doing? I would ask about Ant, but I know he's doing him."

"Bryson and Isis are doing fine." He shrugged. "Moving as a married couple should and what not. More in love than ever. It's kinda shitty to sit back and watch them now, especially since you're gone."

"I really feel like you're trying to guilt trip me, Bakari." Solana glared at him.

"Baby, that's not my intention. It's just a little bit harder to focus when you're not around." He took her hands and kissed her knuckles. "I miss waking up and seeing my girl there. Going from having someone who's always there to no one is—"

"Rough, trust me, I know." She laughed dryly. "But the more we think about the positive outcome in all of this, the easier and faster it'll be, baby."

His eyes went down to her lips and he leaned in to kiss her, taking her chin between his fingers. His thumb brushed against her cheek in small circles before hearing someone clear their throat.

"Times up, Farris." A male guard from called from behind her, leaning against the wall with his arms crossed.

She sighed and pulled away from his lips, pursing her own. "I gotta go. I love you, okay?"

"I love you too, babygirl. I'll see you next week." He smiled and stood up, pulling her into a tight hug and pecked her forehead.

______________
M O N T H  F I V E
______________

"You're getting a little thick around the sides, baby." Michael laughed as Solana sat down in front of him. "What are they feeding you in here?"

"Shit." She rolled her eyes and smiled. "The food is disgusting. I feel like they're adding things into our food to make us fat."

"You're not fat; you've gotten a little slim thick... I like it on you though." He mumbled and rubbed his bottom lip, a small sliver of gold now present in his mouth.

"What's that I see?" She smirked and leaned across the table, tugging down on the corner of his mouth, revealing two bottom gold fangs. "I like this look on you."

"Do you?"

"Mhmm... very daddyish." She winked at him.

"So I wasn't daddyish before?"

"Trust me, you were. But those added another level to your abilities." She ran her tongue across her bottom lip. "So what's been going on?"

"We've gained another two-hundred fifty grand in just three days from sales and stock." He rubbed his eyes. Solana noticed when he came in that they were a little red. She knew that he hasn't been getting sleep since he's been working with bigger deals and clients.

"You need rest, baby."

He shook his head. "Nah, I'm good mamma. Shits gotta get done."

"And shits gonna get done while you rest too." She cupped his face in her hands. "What good is a business man if he's drained?"

He took her left hand into his and kissed her palm. "I'm fine, Lana. I promise."

She bit her lip and gave him a nod, deciding to not argue with him about something she could tell was a lie.

"No ones been giving you any trouble, have they?"

"No, baby. I've been fine." She snickered. "I told you this already, I can handle myself. I'm a big girl."

"I can't wait until you're out of here," He looked up at the guard who was standing a few feet away from them. "It's so much that's going on that I'd wanna teach you."

"Well let me continue to be in the judges good graces."

________________
M O N T H E I G H T
________________

"Happy birthday, baby." Michael walked up behind Solana as she sat in the chair waiting for him to come. He was a few minutes late, so she was getting worried.

He wrapped his arms around her sides, burning his face into the crook of her neck, leaving feathery kisses against her skin. "Thank you, Bakari." She laughed and cupped his cheek, making a few of the guards and other visitors stare at the pair.

"Can I fucking help y'all? All up in our business; damn." He snapped. Solana laughed and covered his mouth with her hand. He kissed her palm and went to sit in front of her. "I got you something; the only thing they'd let me bring you." He rolled his eyes and opened a bag, bringing out a cupcake in a container.

"That better be my favorite—"

"Cinnamon swirl with vanilla buttercream. I know you, Lana." He laughed and opened it for her to eat. She took it from him and the fork that came with it, cutting it down the middle and gave one side to him while she took the other.

"How does it feel to finally be twenty-two years old?" He smiled and took the fork from her hand, taking a bite out of his piece before giving her the fork back to do the same to hers.

"It feels... the same as being twenty-one." She laughed and shrugged her shoulders. "I'd rather spend it anywhere else but here, but I get to see you." A small smile came across her lips "that's all that matters to me."

"I wish they would've let me bring more in, or even be able to get alone time with you without having people breathing down our backs." His eyes continued to scan the room suspiciously.

"I know. So, inform me on what's been up?"

He grinned and scooted closer to her. "We've got all of New York, Lana."

Her eyes widened and her hands went to cover her mouth. She knew what this meant.

Michael managed to make enough profit and own enough people to run New York. His name was officially something to be feared in the state.

Her arms went across the table to hug her boyfriend and squeal. "I told you, you'd do it!" She laughed.

"Chill, baby. Chill." He laughed and hugged her back. She sighed and sat back against the table. "This just means more expanding. We're gonna have to try and push our boundaries."

"To?"

He shrugged his shoulders but was in deep thought. "California, maybe even Florida, Atlanta, the Carolina's, Seattle; there's enough to profit from there with college kids alone, and Chicago."

Her heartbeat quickened at hearing the city. She hasn't heard much from Isis about her plan, but she knew it was coming in full effect and she'd have to keep it from Michael.

"You can do it." She cupped his face. "I've believed in you when you were just getting started, and I'll keep believing in you even when you're huge."

"When we're huge. You're in this with me, baby. So are the others."

____________
Y E A R O N E
____________

"Hey, bab— What the fuck happened to your eye?!" Michael yelled when he walked around the table to face Solana.

Her lip was slightly busted, and she had a dark ring around her eye that was a little swollen. "Bakari—"

"No, fuck that shit. Tell me what happened to your eye, Solana." He gripped her jaw gently.

"Sir, I'm gonna ask you to not get aggressive—"

"Yo, fuck you. What the hell happened to my girls face!" He yelled and shoved the guard.

"Michael sit down!" Solana yelled and stood from her chair, grabbing her boyfriend before matters got any worse. "Please!" She groaned, then turned to look at the guard. "Please, just give him space? H-He's just concerned."

The guards chest huffed a few more times before walking away, cursing under his breath. Solana turned to look at Michael and noticed his clenched jaw. "If you chill out and sit down? I'll tell you."

He ran his tongue across his front teeth and sat down with his arms crossed. Solana sighed and sat down in front of him. "I got into a fight... and I got into trouble. A lot of trouble; hence, the extra guards." Michael looked around the room and noticed more guards than usual, mainly watching the two of them.

"Why did you get into a fight? What amount of trouble did you get into?" He leaned across the table, running his thumb against the bruise on her eye.

"This girl... she walked up to me— she was provoking me and shit, so I told her to step back; but it was like she wanted to fight me to see what I'd do. So she pushed me, and I punched her. The guards had to break it up but..."

"But what?" He raised his brow.

"I had a tight grip around her neck; she was a little bigger than me, but..."

"Solana," Michael sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. "What happened to the girl?"

Her eyes went blank, but stayed on her lover.

"I-I snapped her neck." She mumbled. She wasn't shocked by her killing the girl. It wouldn't be her first time that she killed somebody; but she knew that since she did; especially in a prison, that it could possibly make them prolong her sentence, and she didn't want that.

"Fuck, Solana." He groaned and ran his hands over his head. "Do you know this could get you stuck here?!"

"Are you deadass, yelling at me for defending myself? You wanted me to be in here getting my ass beat by someone who provoked me?" She laughed bitterly, a few tears falling from her eyes out of frustration.

"I'm not saying that—"

"You truly have the wrong bitch if you think so. Don't you think I wanna get out of here? I do! But I'm gonna defend myself against anyone if I have to! I don't care who it is!"

His stare on her became hard and he shook his head. "I'm not saying you have to take an ass beating. I just want you to be wiser next time."

"Straight bullshit." She chuckled and shook her head. "I'm fine, Michael. I don't even wanna talk about this anymore. Like I said, if I have to defend myself in here? I'm gonna do whatever I gotta do."

"I didn't come here to argue. I came to check up on my girl. I'm sorry."

She rolled her eyes, but a smile still came across her lips. "It's fine. Just tell me what's been going on..."

________________________
O N E Y E A R 2 M O N T H S
________________________

"If it isn't my favorite sunshine." Isis smiled at Solana and hugged her. "I've missed you so much, babygirl."

"I missed you too! I was wondering when I'd see you. What's been going on?" Solana laughed and took her seat in front of Isis.

"Getting the books together and keeping everyone out of legal trouble; the usual." She laughed, "According to Bakari, you've been getting yourself into some physical shit, huh?"

"Defending myself." Solana corrected and rolled her eyes.

Isis laughed softly and pulled out a file. "Well, I have some news for you, princess." She grinned. "Remember that plan I told you about?"

"Mhmm..." she nodded.

"You own Chicago, sunshine." Her smile spread across her face. "All of it."

"W-what? Michael's been talking about getting Chicago for months and always couldn't... do it... you were the reason? How did you do this?!" Solana beamed and grabbed Isis's hands.

"I feel like you constantly forget who's over the books, legal rights, and sealing the deals." She chuckled. "It wasn't easy to constantly make deals with people who wanted to put a face to the name, but putting a little fear into them normally does the trick. I even got you a team."

"Go on..."

"Lauryn Evans. She's majored in all things tech and math while in college at Howard. She's a smart one; sometimes too smart for her own good, but she's all in. Savanna Diaz; she's used to playing the pawn and knows how to work a gun and understands the drug business. You have myself of course; I'll help you with stock and legal terms to keep you all out of trouble—"

"What about you working with Michael and his men? I don't want him getting suspicious and pissed at you—"

"Michael knows I will kick his ass if he even tries to do anything crazy. Just know that when you get out, you're financially set. You even have a place here in New York and a condo in Chicago." Isis showed her the pictures.

"How do you find time to do all of this?" Solana asked in amazement.

"I space out my time wisely when I'm not helping him." She smiled softly.

Solana looked at Isis with appreciative eyes. "Thank you, Isis. I really don't know what I'd do without you helping me. I-I mean I know I have Michael, but knowing I have you too?" Solana shook her head. "It's a blessing."

"Hey," Isis frowned. "I'm always gonna be here to help you, Lana. My loyalty lies with both you and Michael. If anything ever came down to it? I would have to choose you; I know everything you put on the line to be with him. I know I can't restore anything; b-but if I can help with anything? I'm going to."

"I love you." Solana smiles at her friend.

"I love you too, Lana."

________________________
O N E Y E A R 4 M O N T H S
________________________

"I haven't seen you in two weeks, Michael."

"I've been busy, baby. I'm sorry." Michael sighed and sat down, hoping that things didn't lead to an argument.

"What's been going on?"

"I have California and Florida. I still can't get Chicago; now I can't even grasp Atlanta. Shits crazy."

Solana bit her lip. She wanted to tell Michael about what's been going on, and how Isis has been coming to visit her, helping her run a business while behind bars; but she knew that she couldn't.

"You will, baby. Be patient." She sighed.

________________________
O N E Y E A R 6 M O T H S
________________________

Michael's visitations with Solana began to dwindle. She wanted to believe that he'd pop up every Friday or Wednesday to make her day like he normally would, but it wasn't happening.

When he would come in, he would keep the conversations short and sweet; by would still say sweet nothings to her; things he knew she wanted to hear to make her feel better.

He would often tell her that he still couldn't get a hold of Chicago and Atlanta, now North Carolina; and how he didn't understand why it was so hard.

Isis would follow up after his visits and share that Solana was the actual reason why Michael could get Chicago, Atlanta, and North Carolina. Spreading word that there was a powerful name that has taken over the three cities under the name Stevens; which happens to be the maiden name of Solana's grandmother.

From the amount of money coming in from drugs and stock, Solana's income was rising; not to the amount of Michael's, but she was gaining.

"I don't even know what to do with all of this..." Solana chuckled while looking at the papers.

"Well, you have two options: one, if you decide to tell Michael, your work, income, and workers can be combined; making you both something no one would want to mess with. Hell, that would make you two the most powerful in the country. Or, option two, you keep everything to yourself and keep letting your profit grow. Your name; Stevens is becoming something feared; just as Michael's, but there's even more fear because no one has ever put a face to the name, but they do know that you're ruthless and don't care about taking a life if you have to."

"I don't know..." Solana sighed. "That'll make me what? A queenpin? You rarely hear of those anymore. Hell, you haven't heard of a queenpin since the early and mid eighties."

"I want you to think about it. You have just over two more years left here. You have enough time to do so, but I want you to remember one thing." Isis leaned over the table.

"What?"

"A kingpin is something to fear; but a queenpin? She's a force to be reckoned with. She can love, kill, and conquer all in the same breath."

________________________
O N E Y E A R 8 M O N T H S
________________________

Solana left out of her cell to see the visitation list for the third time this month:

"Solana Farris: NO VISITATIONS THIS WEEK"

Solana bit at her lip and returned back to her cell. She wondered why she hasn't seen Michael and hoped that he was okay.

Maybe he was handling business and forgot to tell her.

________________________
O N E Y E A R 11 M O N T H S
________________________

Week one:
"Solana Farris: NO VISITATIONS THIS WEEK"

Week two:
"Solana Farris: NO VISITATIONS THIS WEEK"

Week three:
"Solana Farris: NO VISITATIONS THIS WEEK"

Week four:
"Solana Farris: NO VISITATIONS THIS WEEK"

________________
T W O Y E A R S
________________

"Where has he been, Isis. Is he okay? I haven't seen him in months, I just wanna know what's going on." Solana cried out to her friend.

Isis shook her head and bit at the inside of her cheek. She didn't want to tell Solana something like this in here; let alone at all. "Lana," Isis sighed. "Michael is fine physically, mentally... all of that."

Solana sighed happily and held her chest.

"Why hasn't he been to see me then, Isis? It's been months. He could've even wrote me a letter telling me he was busy; but he did nothing!"

Isis reaches out for Solana's hands and squeezes them gently. "Michael.... Michael has been sleeping around with other women, Solana. It started a few months ago. He's found... this one girl. I don't know if it's serious or not; but that doesn't validate what he's doing. I'm sorry."

Solana's face scrunched up and her head tilted to the side. "No... we agreed that he wouldn't do that; he promised me, Isis." Solana laughed.

"Babygirl, why would I lie to you about something like this?" Isis frowned. When Solana looked at Isis and took in her face, she knew that she wasn't lying and that this wasn't a joke or a game.

He actually did it.

"He promised me." Solana's voice cracked as tears fell down her face. Isis walked around the table and held her friend, rubbing her back and giving her reassuring words.

'I was stupid thinking he'd actually wait for me for three fucking years.' Solana thought to herself as she continued to cry. 'Fuck that, sis. If he truly loved you, he would have waited. There's no excusing this or blaming yourself. After all you did for his ass? Huh, make his life hell when you leave here." Her inner petty goddess argued.

"He's not gonna come back to see me, is he?" Solana questioned.

"I've asked, he always changes the subject or his new bitch always takes his mind off of it." Isis rolled her eyes.

Solana wiped her face and looked down at her hands. "I don't want him to have anything to do with my business. Fuck him. I'm doing this on my own. If I have to milk his ass for half of what is mine in his business; I'll do just that."

Isis smirked at her. "Spoken like a true queenpin."

________________________
T W O Y E A R S 5 M O N T H S
________________________

NO VISITATIONS FROM MICHAEL

________________________
T W O Y E A R S 7 M O N T H S
________________________

NO VISITATIONS FROM MICHAEL

________________________
T W O Y E A R S 10 M O N T H S
________________________

NO VISITATIONS FROM MICHAEL

________________________
T W O Y E A R S 12 M O N T H S
________________________

NO VISITATIONS FROM MICHAEL

__________________
T H R E E Y E A R S
__________________

NO VISITATIONS FROM MICHAEL

Isis pulled up to the prison and waited for Solana to take her first steps outside as a free woman again. Free from the system and free from a man.

Michael was so far gone with everything that's been going on, he believed that Solana was to be released next year instead of the one present. He's even convinced Bryson that this was a fact.

Isis kept seeing Solana and kept it so secretive, that not even Bryson knew the days when she would see her best friend. He knew that months ago she would; but figured that Isis stopped around the same time that Michael did.

"Look who it is, the jailbird is free." Isis laughed and pulled her friend into a tight hug. Solana laughed and rubbed her best friends back.

"It feels good to finally be out; especially out of those ugly ass prison clothes."

"You definitely kept up with the new slim-thick figure. I'm liking it on you!" Isis playfully ran her hands across Solana's new figure. When hey first met, Solana was straight up and down in her figure. Michael helped to add on a few pounds to her; but prison did its full effect, and she accepted her new figure. Her frame was still small and her stomach was still flat, but her thighs, ass, and chest filled themselves out more. "We're gonna have to buy you a new wardrobe."

"Fine with me, I'm just glad to be out. Where are we going first?" Solana got into the Range Rover and buckled her seatbelt.

"First, were going to see your new home, queenpin ." Isis smirked and pulled off, making her way to the new city. "Plus, I have your new team waiting for you at your place. They're excited to meet you."

____________________________
CHAPTER EDITED

This was a loooong chapter to write 😂

But anywhooo

What do you think of Michael and Solana's relationship now?

What about Solana's relationship with Isis?

| COMMENT & VOTE |

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

1.4K 91 19
You don't get to keep fucking hurting me. I deal with all you bullshit and you expect me to keep a fucking baby because you in jail. Get real Camdyn.
106K 4.8K 64
Careful what you take for granted, cause with me you know you could do damage..
306K 327 1
𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐎𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 ★★★ "Stop moving and stay still." "Then tell me where we are going then," I replied, getting annoye...