Tail and Skirt

By bts-pop-the-k

A hybrid on the run and a smart girl with a big heart. When two seemingly different worlds collide, they migh... More

His Name
Runaway Not Stray
A Little Help From A Friend
Comfort in Eachother
Italics
Please check out my other story!

Okay

9.9K 274 141
By bts-pop-the-k

You were the only person in your 23 story apartment complex to not own a hybrid. Heck, you were probably the only person in town who didn't own a hybrid.

Having a hybrid in a typical urban household was a norm. However, growing up in an orphanage, you were never able to say you really  had a normal upbringing. It was pretty common for some of the other children in the housing project you lived in to have allergies to these creatures therefore, they were banned from ever coming near the place.

However, you now lived in your own place. There was nothing really holding you back from keeping up with the trend, you just never felt like you needed to own a hybrid to feel complete.

You went your whole life without one, why would you need one now?

Also, something about owning something as complex as a hybrid turned you off. Although you cant say you've ever been close enough to one to investigate their instinctual attributes, hybrids to you were just people with some animal-like physical features.

Like your neighbor Seulgi, who has a golden retriever hybrid named Joy.

Joy looked just like a normal human girl, aside from the long golden tail that whisked around her lower back and floppy dog ears that perk up atop her head.

Your not the best of friends with Seulgi, but from what you've just witnessed in passing, Joy has a will of her own.

Most recently expressing her dislike towards the ugly orange and brown collar her owner had chosen for her, drooping her ears and laying her tail in a disgusted manor on the floor.

You gave a polite smile and bow towards the two, which was quickly reciprocated and swiftly slipped into you two bedroom condo.

Working your way up from an orphan child, to a high school student with two shitty jobs, then finally to a college grad with a newly found full time job as a lawyer, you were proud of your progress as an individual.

You slipped off your red heals and set down your cherry brown suitcase on the floor by the front door. Quickly slipping out of your black suit jacket you lead yourself towards your white leather couch and plopped down face first with a sigh, not minding if you were to get your red lipstick on the furniture or not.

Your condo was very modern looking, much like the outside of the complex.

The living room was complete with a glass coffee table, a flat screen TV, and a loveseat on the right side of the "L" shaped couch you were currently passed out on.

You were lucky enough to grab the last condo on the 23ed floor to have a magnificent view of the city down below along with the other buildings beneath you.

At night, the city lit up like Christmas trees in December. A truly beautiful sight, one that you never thought would be yours.

But it was. And you deserved it.

From a young age you worked your ass off, trying to accomplish the almost impossible.

Starting off as a homeless kid in a shelter, you studied hard and became a straight A student. When you entered high school, you were one of the only "older" kids to still live in the shelter. Feeling responsible for the younger children, you became an older sister figure to many.

The shelter was rundown and old.

You decided to take up a few jobs in order to help out with the bills, which was greatly appreciated by the head master of the place. However, when you got into college you had to quit your jobs and invest all of your savings into becoming a fulltime student.

Without your help, the shelter slowly closed down and the children that were left were dispensed into different homing projects across the state.

Promising they'd be okay, you reluctantly said goodbye to the remaining residents making sure to keep in contact. Hopping around from place to place, three years later, you were able to graduate, transitioning into a successful lawyer.

No one would ever know the struggles you faced as an adolescent if they were to judge by your out word classy appearance.

Being woken up by loud banging on your door, you sat up with a huff pulling at the back of your neck.

"Arugh. Why did I think it was a good idea to sleep like that?" You groaned to yourself.

Looking to the right of you at the giant balcony windows that stretched to the ground, you realized you slept until night time. Swooping your head to the left again, the clock on the wall above your tv read 7:04.

The banging on your door got louder and with another grunt, you rolled your eyes and dragged yourself towards your front door.

"I'm coming, I'm coming!"

Unlocking the latch, the door swings open revealing your best friend Hoseok. He smiles his usual toothy grin that makes you wince at its brightness.

"What do you want Hoseok?" you ask still half asleep.

He holds up his hands revealing a box of pizza in one hand and a case of beer in the other.

"Its Wednesday." He states shrugging his shoulders walking past you into the living room, already knowing where it is like the back of his hand.

"You look like shit by the way." He states, already having situated himself pulling out paper plates out of a plastic bag you failed to notice he was carrying. He hands you one as you walk yourself back into the living room taking the seat next to him.

"I know." You say grabbing a slice and lazily plopping it on your plate. "Pass a beer please."

He looks up at you and giggles to himself knowingly. "That kind of day, huh?" Hoseok cracks one open and hands it to you, then opens one for himself.

You grab it from him and take a swig.

"Yeah, I've been working on this military case for months now and i'm almost done, but, its taking so much out of me. I'm in my office all day long working on this one case. I just want it to be over with." You end pouting, looking over to Hoseok who smiles and takes your head in his hand, drawing you to his shoulder.

"Don't worry baby doll, it'll all be over with soon! Then you can finally take some time off for yourself...and hopefully me too." He ends smiling down at you.

Looking up at the man, you giggle at his optimism. Hoseok always knew how to lighten the mood in any situation. He knew how to make everything feel okay. You called it his super power.

You sat up straight and noticed Hoseok's attire. He was wearing a plain black t-shirt and baggy charcoal gray sweatpants. Then looking at yourself, realizing you were still in your work clothes, you place your food and drink down telling your friend your going to change into something more comfortable.

You came back a few minutes later in an outfit similar to Hoseok's, your hair tied up without any makeup on.

Hoseok looked up at you, now eating his second slice and smiled to himself. He would never say it to your face because he knows you'd get embarrassed, but he thought you look absolutely adorable like that.

"I picked a movie doll. Lets watch it." You smiled bashfully at the nickname. You'd think you'd be used to it by know, having know Hoseok for five years and being best friends with him for four. But his sweet nicknames always got to you and made you smile.

"Okay." You said picking up your pizza.

Four hours later it was 11 o'clock and the two of you were sitting out on your small balcony cuddled in blankets, a bit buzzed from the alcohol.

Every Wednesday went like this.

It was a pack the two of you had made a few years back when you both met working at the same restaurant as each other. You were both very important to each other, understanding one another better than anyone else ever had. You'd been through a lot together and had always been there for one another no matter what.

"Hey, y/n?" Hoseok asked you pulling his knees to his chest, resting his head on them looking at you.

You mimicked his action, pulling the blankets closer to your body. "Yeah, Hobi?" You said calling him by his nickname.

He gave you an eye smile before relaxing his face. "How are you doing?"

You scrunched your eyebrows in confusion.  Before you reply, he speaks again.

"I mean how are you really doing? I know you've been stressed out for the last few months but...I mean. Even before then you rarely go out with anyone anymore. Do you even have any friends out here? I know how hard everything's been on you and I'm worried about you. I love you y/n I don't want to see you struggling mentally." Hoseok stops talking and waits for a response.

You close your eyes and take a deep sigh. You hated how he knew you better then he knew himself. Opening your eyes, you find Hoseok's eyes softly looking into yours.

"I'm okay Hobi. I'm just swamped with work. To be honest I think I'm...just a little lonely. I'm so used to living with a lot of people. Now that I live in the heart of the city alone, I just, I don't know." You ended with a sigh and pushed you forehead into your knees and Hoseok pulled you into his embrace.

"Don't worry baby girl, I promise you wont feel like this soon. Its just work that's consuming your conscious. I'm always here for you and you know that."

He hears a muffle coming from the blanket underneath him and he giggles to himself again.

"What?"

Y/n lifts her head up and looks at Hobi with tears in her eyes and a red face. "I love you too Hobi." She wines and he laughs out loud this time and holds her tight.

A few days go by and you finally feel like your getting somewhere with this military case. It took you a while but you think you've finally cracked it open.

"Phew." You say stretching your arms while you stay seated in your sleek black leather office chair. "Almost there y/n. Just another day or two and you'll finally be done." You promise yourself.

You owned your own private office in the company you worked for. It was complete with a beautiful chestnut bookcase, and large office windows that were placed right behind your mahogany desk.

Spinning in your chair you turn to see you've stayed late again, as the sun has almost fully began to fall into slumber before its iridescent rays were to awake you for the next day.

Gathering your belonging's, you make your way towards the elevator. As its about to close, you hear a masculine voice yell, "Hold the door!"

Stopping it in time, you look up to see the only other person in your office that stays as late as you.

"Jin! Late again?"

The tall breathtakingly gorgeous man pulls his fingers to his raven locks as his gaze reverts from the elevator walls to your eyes.

"Y/n!  Oh, umm yeah. I've recently started a new case. I just wanted to get all of my facts straight before I start anything to complex. How's your case going?" He look at you with questioning eyes.

"Oh! Great actually! I'm almost done." You let out an unintentional exasperated sigh.

The man chuckles to aloud as the doors open. "Ladies first." He says raising his arm as to direct you towards the door.

As the two of you arrive at the front doors, you stop in annoyance.

"Shit." You cuss under your breath. You always check the weather reports and had no recollection of it ever saying it was going to rain.

You hear Jin rummaging through his bag for a moment as he pulls out a black umbrella and hands it to you.

"Here I know you don't have one." He says with a sly smirk on his face.

Wow a gentleman and he's handsome? And smart? Is there anything wrong with this man?

"Thanks Jin, but what about you?" You say reluctantly taking the umbrella.

"Oh don't worry about it! I have a spare in my car!" He looked down at his watch and widened his eyes.

"Crap I didn't realize how late it was getting. Namjoon's gonna kill me if I miss another date...Hey y/n, I'll see you around hm? Have a good night and get home safe!" He finished rushing out the door.

"Ok goodnight! Did he say Namjoon? Why does that name sound familiar?"

Your job was right across the street from a bus stop that also happened to stop around your condo, so when the weather wasn't bad, you opted to take the bus. However, not expecting it to rain, you didn't know what to do when the overhead sign by the bus had said it would be running an hour late.

You could take a taxi, but you hated the thought of someone you didn't know driving you somewhere alone.

So you opted in walking.

It wouldn't have been that bad of a walk had the wind had not been so freezing.

You decided to take a break from walking in the cold. The next alleyway you found, you quickly slid into, hoping it would shelter you for a moment.

"Dammit I was having such a good day too." You say slightly out of breath. You peaked out under Jin's umbrella to see how far you needed to still walk to get to your new home.

"Okay, not to bad."

Turning your head to the right, you realize you probably picked one of the shadiest alleys in town to seek shelter from.

It was dark. Really dark.

The only thing you could see was a large garbage can that looked like it was used for the shop door adjacent from it.

Above the stores back door, was a large awning.

"Probably better then holding this umbrella." You thought out loud, taking into consideration how heavy your right arm was beginning to feel.

Walking over to the awning, you stopped in your tracks when you saw something curled up on the matt by the bottom of the door.

"What the hell is that?" Moving closer to the object, you were able to make out the shape of a sleeping man.

"What? What is this guy doing? He's gonna catch a cold." You stood still for a moment contemplating on weather or not you should do something.

"Okay Y/n. Lets weigh our options here. Creepy alley. Shitty weather. Creepy sleeping guy...okay. Lets do it." You ended, deciding to wake the man.

Moving closer, you cautiously crouch down towards the man. Taking a closer look, you were able to slightly make out his boyish features. He couldn't be older then you. Maybe a bit younger?

"What's a kid like you doing in a place like this?" You whispered to yourself.

His black fringe was covering his eyes, but even so, you could tell he was uncomfortable.

Your eyes scanned his body more closely. You realized his clothes were tattered and ripped in some places.

Looking further, you saw a noticeably large rip on his right pant leg. The color red oozing out.

"Oh my god, he's hurt. What do I do? Crap." You now wasted no time in waking him up.

"Um sir? Are you alright? You're injured pretty badly...Sir?"

Words were clearly not working. Either that or he was hurt so bad that he couldn't wake up.

Moving your left hand towards his shoulder, you shook gently. "Sir. Please wake up. Hello?"

You began to shake his shoulder with more strength then before. "Come on man, wake up!"

Finally hearing an exasperated huff from him, he began to slightly open his eyes.

"Oh thank God you're alive! I was beginning to think you were dead! Are you okay?"

At the sound of your voice, he jolted up, dark eyes widening, and slammed his back into the door behind him.

Surprised at his sudden action, your body jerked back, in return making you fall on your butt, onto the cold wet concreate ground.

Now, even more concerned for the boy, you dropped the umbrella and slowly began to crawl your way towards him.

"Hey," You said in a gentler tone then before. "I'm sorry I scared you. I Just, I noticed your leg, and well, its cold and raining and, you just...you look like you could use some help."

Looking into the  boys eyes, you saw the eagerness begin to fade. But only momentarily before a panicked angry snarl made its way to his face.

He brought his knees to his chest defensively, not removing his glare from your sympathetic eyes.

"Hey." You started again, not moving at all this time. "I'm not going to hurt you. I promise. I just want to help." You said in a gentler voice.

Before you could speak any longer, the boy shoots up to his feet, to quickly, because he's soon leaning against the door for support.

Whispered profanity's exit his mouth as one arm quickly shoots to his leg.

"Oh my god don't move that fast you're hurt!" You accidentally say a little louder then you would have liked.

Not a second later a maniacal hissing sound is heard.

Your so dumb how could you not have realized this before.

The signs were there the whole time your brain must have ignored them in your new found state of panic.

The way his body curled up into a ball. His automatic survival instinct when you first woke him. His god damn eARS!  AND TAIL!

"Holy shit." You said to yourself but the feline heard.

"Stay away." He said just barely whispering. The hybrid winced as his body began to sway.

Catching himself again, his eyes are barley open now as he continues to bleed out of the large gash on his leg.

He sways again, losing balance. You swiftly stand up to catch him. This time he doesn't pull away.

You look down into his dark cat-like eyes.

"Who did this to you?" You said furrowing your eyebrows down at the creature.

With a heavy breath he makes it a point to look up into your eyes just barely reaching them.

"You."

And he fell into a deep slumber.

Hello there readers! I know it's a bit slow but I promise it becomes more intense! Thanks for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.3K 3.3K 43
You were in love with his scent the moment you met him and you knew you wanted to be with him the rest of your life. The only problem was he already...
226K 11K 26
❝i'm just a product of the system, a catastrophe ❞ ••• where jimin's grandmother passes away and leaves her two hybrids with him. ••• started: 17/2/1...
21.1K 547 29
A story about 21 year old Y/n buying a white bunny. She's doesn't know it's a hybrid. He is 23 years old and who is horny, perverted, but cute and sw...
1.5M 67.2K 58
"Please don't use your puppy eyes on me." "Why? I'm cute when I do this!" You're living an ordinary life. Wake up, go to work and go to sleep. A rout...