The Opposite Of Us; markhyuck

By DemmyAnnBautista

"Can you tell me you feel something?" "I feel something, it hurts." "What?" "You're stepping on my feet you s... More

The Opposite Of Us; markhyuck
1: Unemployed

2: What you call JOB

17 1 0
By DemmyAnnBautista

"Welcome to my very first workplace."

Jaehyun opened the door only to welcome Donghyuck with a round table made of old wood and two chairs with only one surviving for the other was close to being disabled, a counter full of scattered ads flyers and an old man trying hard to sway himself on the rocking chair who was obviously having a hard time reading a book because of nearsightedness when he could just wear his pair of glasses to make it easier but he often forgot to even if it's only displayed on top of his head. Donghyuck blinked twice and thrice before turning to look at the older man beside him. He couldn't just utter words but his facial expression said it all.

"This is it." Jaehyun smiled genuinely as if he was trying to console the expressionless Donghyuck.

The lad shook his head before scanning the place once again. What is this place? And what are these things here? And who is this old man? He continued to question himself. Of course, who would never be shocked of the scene right in front of him when he imagined was a huge working place with lots of dividers, fully air-conditioned, a coffee machine near his table, friendly workmates and a place more than just a gloomy office which looked more of like a haunted garage. But he tried to calm himself for it might not be the one he was thinking. Maybe he thought wrong. Just please don't tell this will be my workplace, Jaehyun-hyung.

"Sooman-abeonim. How are you doing?" Jaehyun asked the rocking chair man.

"Who's that?" The old man shifted his gaze towards them as he lifted his book and put it down. "Oh. Jaehyun, you're here."

Donghyuck was left standing beside the counter while those two were having a long conversation as if they weren't seeing each other often. He was trying to get a little closer to hear what they were talking about when he took one step forward only for his shoes to be messed by a box of pizza, ketchup now ruining his new leather shoes which he got from his father as a graduation present. You could see him now almost bursting into annoyance and all of the unluckiest things happened to him that day flashed back to his mind which he hoped to be just blank because he was too tired to deal with it. He stepped out of it and was heading out of the door when Jaehyun wrapped his arm around his shoulders.

"Oh I forgot to introduce my friend here. He's Donghyuck." Jaehyun excitedly pronounce his friend's name and Donghyuck made his best to smile when he was then introduced. "And he wants to work here."

Donghyuck's eyes widened, he was internally cursing for a minute. Half of it was for Jaehyun and the remaining was for himself and his stupidity. He could not answer right away he didn't know what restrained him to answer back and to tell Jaehyun how he wanted to punch him at this very moment.

"Good." The old man gave a crooked smile to the lad and nodded for satisfaction. "Tell him he could start right away if he wants to. He looked really quiet."

Jaehyun elbowed his friend and forced him to answer nicely. Donghyuck just wanted to be eaten by the land beneath him.

"O-oh. I think Jaehyun-hyung is having a mistake right now. I'm not going to be wor-."

"Yes! He will start right away sir." Jaehyun cut Donghyuck off and pushed him towards the counter.

"You can start right now Donghyuck. Get those flyers and I'll show you how to do it."

It's already 3 in the afternoon and luckily the sun had become pleasant. But not Donghyuck as you could see him almost throwing tantrums in front of the building while distributing the flyers to each and every people passing by. He wanted to punch himself now more than wanting to do it to Jaehyun because he acted like a submissive queer afraid of complaining on things he didn't want to do.

"It's easy right?" Jaehyun asked, patting Donghyuck's back as if he was trying to comfort him.

"It is if you're not just watching there."

"Are you mad?"

"Is that the right question to ask?"
Donghyuck was sulking, wanting to make Jaehyun's mouth bleed but he respects him as his senior so he came back to his senses.

"I'm just helping you find a job."

"But I told you to introduce me to your company. Not to this street advertising office beneath your company's building."

"Let me tell you something. This place is where I've started."

"I don't care unless you get me outta here and take me to your company!"

"You know I'm gay but not that gay right?"

"I know but why do you keep mentioning things like that?"

"It's because this will be your training ground. I see you do not know a lot about my company but they do not tolerate gay-ish things even though there are lots of them there like us."

"You know, this is bullshit. What company prohibits something just because of their gender orientation?!"

"This company." Jaehyun just sighed as he found it hard to explain everything to him. "Now listen. You working here is a great working experience before having a position in my company. That old man will teach you how to act like a real, straight man."

"Are you doubting my being a man?"

"You are doubtful of me too." Jaehyun mocked at him before waving his hands. Just like that, Donghyuck was left alone in the street with the bunch of flyers in his hands. He was in a situation where he just wanted to slap himself to wake up from this dream but he knew he wouldn't because the tiredness he felt reminded him of what reality really was.

The hazy firmament started to show up as the sun began to hide and there you see Donghyuck drinking a strawberry milk he bought from a convenience store nearby. He was never this tired before and he just wanted to take a nap any chance he could get and luckily the old man dismissed him early yet he became more distressed after his work. He was sitting on his bed, thinking of ways to quit his job right before he got in. He still haven't told his parents about this but amazingly, Chenle already got the news from Jaehyun and was the one who spilled it to his mother. Now he didn't want to sleep because he couldn't with the thought of coming back again on that place after waking up. But he had no choice, if he wanted to get a nicer job, he should do this no matter how hard it might be.

"So how's being a street flyer warrior?"

"I'm fucking tired to talk to you, Chenle."

"You know I'm proud of you right? Besides that'll help you become more of a man!" Chenle laughing happily as he continued teasing the other.

"I'm a man, Chenle. And you are too."

"We are but a different man. You know, we're the girly type of man."

"So what do you wanna say?"

"What I wanted to say is that it's a good practice for you to conceal. You know? Remember when your parents almost found out your identity when you stayed up late at night talking over the phone with your fling? At least now you could stay outside until evening and do flings before coming home."

"Are you free tomorrow morning before work? Let's meet."

"Why?"

"I'll punch you."

Chenle hung the phone before Donghyuck could digitally punch him with profanities. He just sighed right after and what Chenle said kept on bothering him. He suddenly remembered those chances when his parents almost find out his being gay for more than 50 times and could have actually agreed that making himself busy will save him from getting caught. He would admit that he was afraid of having his identity known especially to his family. As for his father being an active military officer, he always have in mind that he should, even if not to follow his father's endeavour, at least act as a real man of honour in front of his family and relatives. However, being raised by his grandmother in a traditional way, he started to act femininely ever since maybe because of the norms he was practiced to do which he didn't know if his grandma knew about him being gay since he was 12. Donghyuck kinda believe of female instincts. And since then being attracted to the same gender, he started to have crushes and flings secretly which he couldn't tell if it is a real secret because Chenle and Jaehyun knew about it. Just at least his family would never know, it's okay.

"A-are you spacing out?"

The old man groaned from his rocking chair. He noticed how Donghyuck acted weirdly today and that he was often spacing out during every break. And with that, he didn't answer. The old man decided to end the dull ambiance and came out fast from his chair and stretching out to where Donghyuck was seated. He then pulled out a key from his pocket and threw it to the lad. Donghyuck just looked up blankly.

"That's my car's key. Go to the airport later at 4pm."

"And why are you giving this to me?" Donghyuck said in his resting bitch face.

"My driver couldn't go and I also have something to do this afternoon so obviously I am letting you drive to the airport and pick up my son."

"And why am I going to do that?"

"Because I told you so. Now hurry up and wear this jacket. I already told him what you'll be wearing so that he could see you right away. Hurry!"

Donghyuck wanted to argue but didn't have the power to actually start an argument. Instead, he nodded as a quick response and walked down to the parking lot to search for the car. There are many black cars over each lot and he just pressed on the key until he found the car he'll be using. His eyes formed into a big one as he saw the black sedan. He never thought that the old man will own such beautiful car. Well it's not that bad, and he's happy that he'll be driving one especially that far for the very first time. He's not that nervous because he already have his license but he was thinking about the person he's going to pick up. He was at it again, uncomfortable of people he didn't know personally of course Sooman the old man was an exception for he reminded him of his grandfather. Donghyuck shrugged the thought off and started the engine.

"Tall one but not actually that tall but is taller than you. Brown hair, not natural it's dyed. Round beautiful eyes. Foreign figure but is korean."

Donghyuck read of the note the old man gave him before leaving. He was already at the airport and just waiting for the next flight to arrive assuming that it was where his old boss' son was in.

"Why do I need to know he has beautiful eyes? And what does foreign figure means?" He groaned.

And the lad kept on waiting to that person he didn't know personally. It made him worry of how will he approach the man or will he just stay quiet and talk nothing all throughout the drive. He definitely have no idea of what will happen and he have no thoughts of things would go wrong. At some reason, he was not nervous at all. Is it because he could think
straight and act comfortable finally to that person or will it be the opposite?

——————————————-

HELLO GUYS!
So here's chapter two. I know its kinda sloppy but please forgive me. I really want to give Jaehyun some lines here so yeah.

Don't worry for chapter 3 will be the start of everything.

DO NOT FORGET TO READ VOTE AND SUBSCRIBE 💞

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

315K 7K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
140K 4.3K 47
matilda styles, will you be my valentine? (please reject me so i can move on) ⋆ ˚。⋆୨💌୧⋆ ˚。⋆ IN WHICH christopher sturniolo falls for nepo baby or...
264K 8.5K 56
When he denied his own baby calling her a cheater. "This baby is not mine." But why god planned them to meet again? "I would like you to transfer in...
163K 7.9K 53
Four siblings, two elder brothers and two younger sisters living with their rich parents!! Get ready to enter the life of these siblings and their fa...