THE UNLOVED HUSBAND

By Lovesotrue

Isaac hurriedly ran towards me and scooped me up in a very tight hug, his head buried on my neck. "I don't c... More

CHAPTER ONE: FALLING FOR THE BOSS IS BAD NEWS
CHAPTER TWO: HIS POSSESSIVE SIDE
CHAPTER THREE: HIS QUICK QUESTION
CHAPTER FOUR: HE OVERSTEPPED
CHAPTER FIVE: HIS NOTES
CHAPTER SIX: TWO EMOTIONS
CHAPTER SEVEN: I MISS YOU
CHAPTER EIGHT: TRUE LOVE'S KISS
CHAPTER NINE: STILL ON
CHAPTER TEN: WEEKEND PLANS
CHAPTER ELEVEN: NO WONDER
CHAPTER TWELVE: YOU TOO
CHAPTER THIRTEEN: FOUND
CHAPTER FOURTEEN: THE DIFFERENCE
CHAPTER FIFTEEN: PROMISE ME
CHAPTER SIXTEEN: THE HANDSOME EIGHT
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: THE WHISPER
CHAPTER NINETEEN: SCARED OF MAKING WRONG DECISIONS
CHAPTER TWENTY: SHE SAID YES
CHAPTER TWENTY - ONE: LET THE FLOWERS FALL
CHAPTER TWENTY - TWO: JUST LIKE HOW
CHAPTER TWENTY - THREE: STURDY HEART
CHAPTER TWENTY - FOUR: SOMETHING HAS CHANGED
CHAPTER TWENTY - FIVE: FOURTEEN RULES AND ONE RING
CHAPTER TWENTY - SIX: THEIR FIRST NIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY - SEVEN: OUR FIRST RULE JUST GOT BROKEN
CHAPTER TWENTY - EIGHT: CHAOS OF SEVEN HEARTS
CHAPTER TWENTY - NINE: UNDER THE STARS
CHAPTER THIRTY: IT'S STARTING TO CROWD
CHAPTER THIRTY - ONE: WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
CHAPTER THIRTY - TWO: FOUR QUESTIONS TO ANSWER
CHAPTER THIRTY - THREE: IT ISN'T MY STORY; BEFORE AND AFTER THE STORM
CHAPTER THIRTY - FOUR: BEFORE, DURING AND AFTER THE WEDDING
CHAPTER THIRTY - FIVE: WHILE SHE WAS AWAY; SINGULARITY
CHAPTER THIRTY - SIX: A STEP BACKWARD
CHAPTER THIRTY - SEVEN: EVERY WEDNESDAY
CHAPTER THIRTY - EIGHT: A GLIMMER
CHAPTER THIRTY - NINE: THE VERY QUESTION
CHAPTER FORTY: NO MORE
CHAPTER FORTY - ONE: 4 AM
CHAPTER FORTY - TWO: IS IT BECAUSE?
CHAPTER FORTY - THREE: STAY AWAY
CHAPTER FORTY - FOUR: A YEAR AND A HALF
CHAPTER FORTY - FIVE: NEEDED SAVING
CHAPTER FORTY - SIX: ROOFTOP MEMORIES
CHAPTER FORTY - SEVEN: THROWN GUIDANCE
CHAPTER FORTY - EIGHT: PERFECT STATE
EPILOGUE: BEGIN

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: IF I COULD HIDE HER AWAY

543 41 12
By Lovesotrue

Bismillah.

Image above is Jungkook "Kookie" Martinez. <3

Chapter Seventeen: If I Could Hide Her Away

Jungkook's POV

I called out Taehyung's name in the loudest voice I could ever muster. But suddenly, the lady squealed in surprise and was out of balance. She tried to reach out to the branch but she was already falling down. Her body hit the trunk of the tree and I heard her grunt in pain. My heart was in total drum roll, as I opened both of my hands, willing to catch her in my arms. I have a strong muscular body built and was often told to be the strongest and most fit among us eight. Right now, I can only pray that she doesn't end up falling on the ground or I have myself to blame.

She was falling and I steadied myself saying "La hawla wa la quwwata illa billah" (There is no might nor power except with Allah). She was screaming loudly and then...

"Gotcha!" I told her as I caught her into my arms. Alhamdulillah, she weighs just enough for me to carry. Although my feet staggered up forward a bit. Her eyes were still closed. A tear fell from her left eye. She was murmuring, "Ya Allah," again and again.

"Hey, hey it's okay. I got you. I got you," I comforted her with a soothing voice.

Her eyes suddenly opened and automatically, her arms were around my neck.

"Thank you, thank you," she whispered into my chest.

She looked at me again and the world had stop spinning ever so slowly. Ya Rabb, how beautiful is this lady. Her eyes bore into mine with relief and gratitude.

"Fatima," I heard voices calling out her name. Taehyung had climbed down the tree. Then Isaac came to us, behind him were J-Hope, Jin, Jimin and to my surprise Suga too.

Did they all left the Presidential Table? I looked further and saw Rapmon jogging towards here as well.

"Fatima?" I asked the lady.

Is she the Fatima Maryam everyone has been raving about?

Fatima held me tighter as my hold of her loosen up.

"You can put her down now," Isaac commanded with a displeased tone.

I do not want to put her down. She fits so perfectly while I carry her like this in bridal style. But I did what I have to do. I gently pulled her down.

"Are you hurt anywhere in your body?" Taehyung asked.

"I am so so sorry Fatima," Tae said.

Jimin suddenly touched her arm.

"Your dress got torn," he said.

Then I saw both Jimin and Isaac removing their outer suit. But it was Isaac who made it first. He wrapped his suit around Fatima's back.

"Wear this until the convention is over," Isaac said.

Jimin just smiled to himself then dialed a number on his phone.

"Franky, bring a dress for Ms. Fatima Maryam here at the convention right now," he said then hung up on his phone.

Jin and J-Hope were reprimanding Taehyung who could only apologized again and again. Suga came up to me and pat my shoulder.

"Thank you Kookie," he said.

I only nodded at him.

I looked at Fatima who was having a hush conversation with Isaac. I went to her, not minding even if I can hear their argument.

"What the hell were you thinking climbing up that tree all by yourself?" Isaac asked her.

"I recalled seeing him here. I felt the need to help," she explained.

Wow, where can you find a girl like that? A girl who will go out of her way, even if it is dangerous and insane to help a brother.

"That's enough Isaac. She was only trying to help," Suga told Isaac, joining us.

Isaac closed his eyes, then held the bridge of his nose, as if controlling his anger.

"If you guys are done with the fuss, let's get the convention started. We're 30 minutes late," Rapmon announced, surprising us all.

If my memory served me right, RM was the one who will propose to her tomorrow. So why is he acting this way? He did not even look in the direction of Fatima. After speaking in a hard tone, he just left us there. I looked at the beautiful lady whose eyes were watching RM walked away.

Are they not okay? Have they gone into a quarrel? But even so, how could RM just acted as if he does not care at all. That gotta hurts.

"Hey, are your legs feeling alright? You hit the trunk of the tree when you fell down," I asked her in concern.

She removed her gaze away from RM then looked at me.

"It hurts a bit but I can still walk. Thank you again Mr. Jungkook," she uttered.

My name on her lips is the most beautiful thing I have ever heard.

"Alright, let's all go," Isaac said.

We all walked towards the convention. Fatima was between Isaac and Suga while I was next to Suga. Taehyung, Jin, and Jimin were behind us. J-Hope decided to walk backwards facing us.

"Hmm, this incident means Fatima has officially met the Handsome Eight," he said with an enthusiastic tone, clapping his hands.

"Stop using that group name," Suga told him.

"Why? That's what people inside and in the internet has been calling us. Would you want us to use eight names? That would last a minute. Okay listen to this, Isaac Khalid, Suga Yoongi, J-Hope Viscar, Jungkook Martinez, Jin Smith, Park Jimin, Taehyung Manuel, Raphael Monstefar. See that's too long," he defended, pronouncing each name very slowly.

"Or you can just call yourselves IGCAP," Fatima suggested.

"Na-ah. It doesn't sound good," he said.

"Sooooo Jungkook, are you star struck too with her beauty? Oh youngest boy in the group, you would have to fall in line because I'm telling you kid..."

J – Hope wasn't able to finish because Jin suddenly came up to him, covering his mouth and dragging him further.

I was blushing and tried my best to hide it. To answer J-Hope question, yes I was star struck by her beauty and her character. She is something. At the age of 19 and having my own radio broadcasting network, I seem disinterested in women but I always loved Tori Kelly's Dear No One, in the hopes that I don't need to look for the destined woman for me. She's just going to come into my life, unexpectedly, in the same way that Fatima fell into my arms. And I must admit, she is drop dead gorgeous.

****************************************************************************************************

Isaac's POV

I can't just hide her away, can I? Those were my thoughts when I saw Jungkook catching her into his arms. I was already having the feeling that something must have been going on when she didn't answer my call, 10 minutes after she left her seat. When I rose up and told J-Hope that I was worried about Fatima and would look for her. The rest of them followed after me, except for RM who chose to stay on the table. However, he wasn't able to resist, he still followed after us, pretending to not care about Fatima when he saw her. But I know better.

"Do you want to take the morning off?" I asked her when she was about to go to the female entrance.

She looked so good with my suit around her back. When Jimin reacted the way I reacted, he just showed to me and to everyone else that she likes her. This made me sigh. I am not threatened but I am worried how she would react to that when things do get intense, sooner or later on. Rejecting Rapmon made her cry for two hours. How would it be if she had to reject more than one man?

So that's why I wish I could just hide her away.

"No, I'm good," she answered.

But I wasn't satisfied. I did the thing I disliked doing which is asked for Suga's help.

"Suga could you ask one of your female colleagues to check up on her legs? I want to be sure she does not have wounds or scratches," I told Suga.

This made all seven of them stopped walking forward.

Ya Allah, they're this worried of her too? I don't like it one bit.

"Okay you guys get inside. I would take her to Glaiza," he said.

"I'll accompany you," I told him.

Nope, not one second would I want her walking with Suga alone, even if it is just less than twenty steps.

"You will be delivering the opening speech Sir Isaac. I will be okay," Fatima said to me.

My lips pursed in a thin line and I wanted to argue against her but I know the shock of the fall and RM's indifference are still troubling her.

"Okay, text me when you don't feel good, alright?" I told her in a gentle tone.

She nodded and Suga escorted her inside while me and the rest of the guys walked in towards the Presidential table.

****************************************************************************************************

Fatima's POV

Suga walked beside me and he was not looking at me. Alhamdulillah.

I was feeling nervous and uncomfortable. His eyes scanned the area.

"There she is," he said and began walking ahead of me.

He talked to Glaiza and after a few seconds, Glaiza went to me.

"Come, I will take you to one of the rooms. Mr. Suga told me to attend to your wounds should you have any," Glaiza politely told me.

I looked at Suga but he was already going towards the Presidential Table, not bothering to look at me.

"Okay, lead the way," I told Glaiza and smiled at her.

As we went towards the second floor of the Suga Convention Center, the thought of Suga lowering his gaze was refreshing to know. At least, I need not worry of what almost transpired between us last night. He was definitely tempting to kiss me. But the consciousness of Allah took over my sanity then, alhamdulillah.

While we reached the room, I sat on the bed and Glaiza grabbed a chair and sat in front of me. I pulled the lower hem of my dress upward and then pulled my black leggings upward.

There on the lower leg were some scratches and three of them were a bit bleeding.

"I'm surprise you did not feel the pain in these scratches," Glaiza said to me as she stood up and got the medicine kit from a cabinet.

I was surprised too until the heavy feeling in my heart reminded me why the pain made me numb. The flashback of RM walking away and not looking at me while we were all under the tree. Wow, I thought he only didn't want me not needing his help. I guess I just didn't expect that part of the things I have to get used to now is his intentional indifference. He must be so determined to make me feel insignificant in his life now.

"Does it hurt now? You're crying," Glaiza said worriedly.

I wiped my tears away. I really must train myself to be unaffected of RM's new behavior towards me. This is the consequence of being close to a non – mahram.

"I will be applying this on your wounds," she said as if asking for permission.

I nodded at her. She started treating my wounds while my thoughts remembered Isaac's expression. He was really pissed off at me but in the end, it was him who figured out and wanted to be certain that I didn't have any scratches or wounds.

Guess he really does love me. My boss loves me. Somehow, it made my chest feels so much lighter.

My phone vibrated and I got it out of my sling purse. It was a message from Isaac himself.

"Assalamu alaykum. Are your legs alright? Textback as soon as you can," the message said.

I smiled, feeling so touched by his concern.

"There, I'm just going to put some band aids," Glaiza said.

"Your'e smiling now. You're glowing and blushing too. Is that Mr. Suga who texted you? I've never seen him so attentive to any girl before. I worked with him since he established MRA and this is the first time he gave so much care and attention to a woman," Glaiza teased.

I just chose to smiled back at her instead of answering her. I was about to reply but my phone started ringing. Isaac is calling me now. I gulped and cleared my throat before answering.

"Hello," I said.

"Are you alright?" he asked worriedly.

"Yes, I'm just done being treated. I will be on my way down there," I told him.

"Alhamdulillah. Walk slowly okay? No need to rush," he said.

I giggled.

"Why are you giggling?" he asked then chuckled.

"Nothing. It's you. You're cute when you're worried," I teased him.

"Ahaha," he said.

"But you cannot make me worry like that again," he warned but the cheerful tone of his can be heard.

I bit my lip. I was having butterflies on my tummy. Is he having them too?

"In shaa Allah," I managed to say.

Glaiza was already standing by the doorway. I could tell that as much as she liked helping me, she wanted to be at the convention program already.

"I'm going now."

"Okay baby. Assalamu alaykum," Isaac said.

"Wa alaykumusalam," I said, totally unmindful that he just called me with that sweet endearment he has for me.

"Thank you very much Glaiza. Jazakillahu khairan," I told her when she closed the door.

She let our arm encircle as we walked the hallway towards the stairs.

"No problem Ukhtie. Just don't break our big boss' heart. Mr. Yoongi as an orphan and as a revert and a generous employer plus a great contributor to the Islamic community deserved only the best. I could see by how he talks about you when he asked me to reserve a frontrow seat for you that he really cares and likes you so so much. Make our big bos happy," she said.

When she said big boss, Isaac was on my mind but snapping out of it, I realized her big boss is Suga.

Suga really likes me. I like him in some same strange certainty.

But I also know RM breaks my heart continuously and Isaac has this wonderful pull over me.

Yup Fatima, what a messed – up heart you have.

As soon as I returned back to my seat, the men at the Presidential Table were looking at me. I chose to look at Suga who was still talking. But Sarah seated on my side whispered into my ears.

"You lied Sister. You told me you weren't close to them but everyone of us saw you at the entrance, with the Handsome Eight," she lashed out on me on a whisper as if I just betrayed her.

Okay, now I really want to slap her face. But the Muslim in me knows I need to be patient.

"I am not close to them. I am the secretary of one of them. It's just part of my job Sister. And please be reminded that as part of the Ummah of Rasulullah (s.a.w), what we should focus for today is what we came here for today, to gain knowledge instead of making suspicious accusations," I said sweetly and gently to her.

She felt embarrassed and retreated back on her seat. Meanwhile, Suga seemed to be ending his speech.

"I became a Muslim because Allah was merciful towards me. And part of His Mercy also envelopes the angels praying for each and every one of us, for our forgiveness and reward, as we are gathered here today, to seek knowledge to be closer to HIM. In shaa Allah, we will leave this morning with our eeman boosted and our level of faith increased into more submission and obedience to the Lord of the Alamin (mankind, jinn and all that exist). Assalamu alaykum warahmatullahi, wabarakatuhu," Suga said and left the podium.

"Wa alaykumusalam warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu," all of us in the audience answered.

As Rapmon introduces Sheikh Wahaj Tarin, I couldn't bear to look at him. So I just got my notepad and pen and started writing what he was saying. I was writing the Sheikh's credentials.

After the awkwardness, RM left the podium and we were all in awe of the Sheikh's presence. Sheikh Wahaj Tarin's topic was entitled The Friend of Allah. He talked about Prophet Ibrahim (alayhi salam) and how Prophet Ibrahim figured out who is the Lord.

"My Lord is HE who created the sun, the moon, the mountains, this and that, Ibrahim said."

Allahu akbar. Prophet Ibrahim is an intelligent man. His father carved idols to worship and yet he chased logic and the truth.

The Sheikh continued talking how Ismael and Hajar did not feel a sense of abandonment when Prophet Ibrahim left them in the desert. Here, I looked at Suga. Glaiza told me he was adopted. I wonder if he has any resentment or anger towards his biological parents. Suga who was looking at the Sheikh to my surprise, suddenly looked at me.

I wanted to remove my gaze but I couldn't.

He looked down for a bit and I returned back to writing what the Sheikh was saying Hajar's strength as a mother and as a woman alone in the desert.

But I looked up back at the table and Suga smiled at me. I searched his eyes and the familiar feeling of home came to me, again.

Sarah cleared his throat, and it made me automatically looked at Sheikh Wahaj. The lecture ended with me concentrating on the talk, as I pushed the thoughts of Suga at the back of my mind.

The convention ended with all of us 327 praying Zuhur. To be led by Sheikh Wahaj as the imam was overwhelming. Masha Allah. I cried at the last sujud, very grateful to Allah for making me part of this Ummah.

Oh ya Allah, please save us all from Hell – Fire and admit us to Jannah. Give us trials that we can surpassed and make us not forget our purpose. Ameen.

After Zuhur, everyone started leaving. I just remained on my seat, knowing that the IGCAP is to have lunch together at Amigos to discuss the Rebuild Marawi Project. I saw the eight escort the Sheikh to the back entrance.

However, somebody pulled the suit Isaac let me borrowed and then somebody touched my shoulder, making me stand up.

In front of me was Sarah herself and two of her friends.

"So you think you're better than us huh?" she said.

I removed her grip from mine and got Isaac's suit from her friend.

"This isn't how you end a beautiful lecture we all were blessed to attend," I say to them.

"Is there a problem here?" Jimin's voice said.

We all turned to look to our right where Jimin was walking towards our direction. He was carrying a light green dress.

The women instantly lowered their gazes.

"Nothing, we were just having a chat," Sarah said.

Then she kissed me on the cheek with her cheek.

"It was nice knowing you Ukhtie. See you around. Assalamu alaykum," she said, shocking me.

The two also did the same and they scurried away.

Jimin faced me and he was smiling so happily.

"Here you go Princess Fatima, wear this for our meeting. Let me escort you to the ladies room,'" he offered.

While I was grateful, I was worried how Isaac would feel. Then as if by cue, the seven appeared walking towards me.

But Jimin must have the goal to be quicker.

"My driver will drive us to Amigos. I will just escort her to the ladies room. You gentlemen may go ahead," Jimin said.

Then he looked at me.

"Let's go," he said with that cute smile of his.

I smiled back. I should let him win this time I guess. He seemed so adamant and excited.

I looked back at Isaac. RM was already walking out towards the door.

"Boss?" I asked him, as if asking his permission.

He seemed to be battling on his own mind.

"Okay. Text me when you are on your way," he said.

"I will," I told him.

The rest of the men waved and I let Jimin walked me towards the ladies' room.

"Thank you for letting me do this for you," he said.

"Thank you for helping," I said.

"Were those girls bullying you?" he asked with seriousness.

"Nope, they weren't," I told him.

"Alright, if you say so," he said, letting the issue go, alhamdulillah.

I don't want to be some lady who cannot protect herself.

We reached the ladies' room and I found a vacant cubicle. I dressed up and loved the dress instantly. It was silky and comfortable. But it doesn't seem to go well with my gray veil. However, it will do.

I left the comfort room and found Jimin there. He was holding a black veil with green sequin on the side. He gave them to me, not saying a word and just smiled with his eyes almost disappearing into a line.

I chuckled.

"Thank you," I said then went back inside to wear my veil.

I came out and he was standing there eyeing me up and down.

"Perfect!" he said, clapping his hands twice, looking pleased at my outfit.

"Stop that, let's go," I said to him, slightly feeling shy and conscious.

He got the gray dress, pink veil and placed them inside the shopping bag. Then he made a move to get Isaac's suit but I shook my head.

"I'll carry this. He might want to use it later," I reasoned out.

"Okay," Jimin simply answered.

We walked towards the exit and I hurriedly texted my boss.

"On our way," I texted.

Message sent.

But at the parking lot, I was too speechless to see my boss standing at the hood of his car, holding his phone.

"Great, you're here now," he said then went to open the door for me.

At the side of his white car was Jimin's red car. His driver got out and opened the door too.

"Mr. Park Jimin I believe you have something that's of mine. She's coming with me," he said as if there would be no discussion needed.

Jimin laughed a bit and then looked at me.

"That depends as to whom she wants to ride with, right Fatima?" Jimin asked me.

I looked from Jimin to Isaac.

What to do? Whom do I choose?

****************************************************************************************************

"And I seek refuge in Allah from a soul that is insatiable."

- Hadith

****************************************************************************************************

Vote and comment. <3

Jazakallahu khairan! ^___^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.4K 1.2K 28
Allah says in the Quran : ── "Women of purity are for men of purity, and men of purity are for women of purity" - This is the story of a girl named f...
145K 7.9K 23
'Mum you can't leave me, how could you?', a gasp escapes her mouth. Her mother was the only one on her side but she too is gone now, she can't do any...
1.1K 87 10
TROPE-- MISUNDERSTANDING When a Muslim girl is not in her right path she herself don't know anything about her religion doing everything which is ha...