Survivor

By ditto678

These are the things - creations - that have attacked my planet. My home. My family. And the only thing left... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter One/ Burn
Chapter Two/ Mutiny
Chapter 4/ Captive
Chapter 5/ The Saviors
Author's Note

Chapter 3/ Old York

31 5 0
By ditto678

Year 2092

Old York (Current New York)

The building is crumbling. I'm falling.

A strangled scream escapes my throat as I fall out of a shattered glass window.

And then a pair of arms wrap around my waist, grabbing me.

Gasping, I turn around to thank Troy. That's when I realize that the person holding me isn't Troy.

With a yelp, I wriggle out of the stranger's arms and crumple onto the rock and glass remains below me.

"Who are you?" I ask, surveying the stranger carefully. He stands up and I notice that this man has a good 5 inches on me. I watch as he holds his hand out to me. "Kane. Kane Meyer."

I slowly reach out and shake his hand. "What's a lovely young lady like you doing out here?" Kane rakes a hand through his hair. 

I grumble. Okay, so he's gonna pretend to be SUPER sweet right now. "What's a boy like you doing out here?"

Kane laughs. "Cheeky. I'm a Hunter. I actually had a territory change and was assigned to Sector 78 today. Lucky I didn't complain. I wouldn't have met you otherwise." Kane notices my confused expression. "Uh. You don't know about the Saviors?" 

I mutter a small no.

Kane suddenly grabs both my hands in his. "Don't mention me to anyone. Nobody, you hear me? This was all a big mistake. If the Court hears about this, I'm dead. Dead, understand? So if you ever wanna see this pretty face again, don't speak about this to a single soul."

He slowly starts backing away. And I notice something. Something I didn't see before. A tattoo on the side of his neck. I peer at it with increased curiosity. A bar code. With a series of numbers and letters underneath. SOFE-KM-H983

Kane notices me staring and claps a hand over tattoo. "Please. Forget you met me." And with that he ran.

Ran.

From me. From change. From the Other Side.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

322K 12.6K 16
When aliens invade, four baristas are forced to become the saviours of the world. Grab your double-shot of java and strap in - it's going to be a bum...
6.5K 139 5
(Y/N) (L/N), he is the best Guardian in the class of Hunter. He was the former protégé of Cayde-6. One day.... he was transported in the Another univ...
4.5K 630 49
The boss runs the strip club DIRTY WORK, and I work for the boss. The girls aren't dancing, but the guns keep firing. I've still got my uses, and the...
587K 25.2K 31
Donate Body to Science. Check. When seventeen-year-old Kaitlyn checked the box, she never suspected she’d have her life–and her body–sto...