Otherwordly Evil Monarch

By XenSanders

Introduction (by podao001): Jun Xie was the number one assassin in modern earth. His skills and knowledge in... More

Chapters 1~5
Chapters 6~10
Chapters 11~15
Chapters 16~20
Chapters 21~25
Chapters 26~30
Chapters 31~35
Chapters 36~40
Chapters 41~45
Chapters 46~50
Chapters 51~60
Chapters 61~70
Chapters 71~80
Chapters 81~90
Chapters 91~100
Chapters 101~110
Chapters 111~120
Chapters 121~130
Chapters 131~140
Chapters 141~150
Chapters 151~160
Chapters 161~170
Chapters 171~180
Chapters 181~190
Chapters 191~200
Chapters 201~210
Chapters 211~220
Chapters 221~230
Chapters 231~240
Chapters 241~250
Chapters 251~260
Chapters 261~270
Chapters 271~280
Chapters 281~290
Chapters 291~300
Chapters 301~310
Chapters 321~330
Chapters 331~340
Chapters 341~350
Chapters 351~360
Chapters 361~370
Chapters 371~380
Chapters 381~390
Chapters 391~400
Chapters 401~410
Chapters 411~420
Chapters 421~430
Chapters 431~440
Chapters 441~450
Chapters 451~460
Chapters 461~470
Chapters 471~480
Chapters 481~490
Chapters 491~500
Chapters 501~510
Chapters 511~520
Chapters 521~530
Chapters 531-540
Chapters 541-549
Chapters 550-564
Chapters 565-586
Chapters 587-605

Chapters 311~320

4.5K 116 8
By XenSanders

Chapter 311: It’s My Turn At Last

Translator: Novel Saga Editor: Novel Saga
"I asked you — who are you! Don’t you have the guts to tell me your name?" Lei Jian Hong trembled from head to toe as he asked in a low voice. He had paid no attention to the opposite party’s insult and ridicule; neither had he glanced at the horrible corpse of his brother disciple that lay on the ground below.

Third disciple Fang Piao Hong looked at her senior’s corpse. Her entire body shuddered, and she was unable to speak-up.

The intense fighting had suddenly stopped. Zhao Wu Ji’s men had escaped from the danger. So, they were rejoicing incessantly. Their enemies had lost interest in them since that person had arrived. This person had arrived a bit later than expected, but they didn’t seem to care about that at this moment.

[It doesn’t matter whether he came late or early… it’s fine as long as he has shown-up. Isn’t preserving one’s life above everything else?]

Everyone had stopped. But, the prevailing atmosphere in the battlefield had become increasingly depressing.

Suddenly, the red-clothed man chuckled and raised his hand. His sleeve made a "snap!" sound. A sharp explosive sound emanated as his palm hit thin air. It was obvious that he had hit nothing but empty air. However, it seemed like he had struck at a solid object.

A slight ‘swishing’ sound was produced in the wind. Then, suddenly and quietly, the silhouettes of many people appeared in the surroundings.

The flames reflected light off each and every new comer’s body. They were clad in red clothes. Each one of them stood calm and still. However, all of them had a cold and terrifying light flashing in their eyes. It seemed like a pack of blood-thirsty wolves were waiting for a command from their alpha.

The shadows of two people floated forward in the air, and arrived besides the first red-clad assailant. Their bodies glittered with a dark blue light as they stood facing Lei Jian Hong and Fang Piao Hong. However, the visual impact of their arrival had sent Lei Jian Hong’s party into a shock.

All three of these assailants were Sky Xuan experts.

If one would look around… they’d see that many of the new-comers were covered with a bright earthen-yellow light; these people were Earth Xuan experts. There were around ten people who were at the Earth Xuan realm. The rest shone with the misty color of rain; Jade Xuan. There were thirty-to-forty Jade Xuan experts amongst them!

Lei Jian Hong’s heart instantly became cold.

As cold as piece of ice…

[How can we fight this battle?!]

[The enemy’s strength far-exceeds ours! And, our side only has third sister-disciple and me!]

"My name? Ha ha! Senior Lei, you’re not new to this world. I’m an assassin from the Blood Sword Hall. How can I tell you my name? I may not care about you two, but how can I not care about Lei Wu Bei? He’s the Great Master Lei! As for whether I have ‘guts’ or not — you can ask your second brother disciple. He would know it very clearly." the man in red tilted his head and answered Lei Jian Hong.

"Very good! Blood Sword Hall it is. I’ll certainly remember you!" Lei Jian Hong glanced at them with grief and indignation. He then turned and spoke, "Junior sister, we’ll shall leave now."

"Stop!" suddenly, the red-clad man shouted.

Lei Jain Hong halted his steps.

"Why? Don’t tell me that you think that you can keep us from leaving?" Lei Jian Hong gave a plaintive laugh. "Your strength is far above us and we can’t match you. But, do you think that you have the strength to restrain the two of us?"

Lei Jian Hong had spoken the truth. Both the sides were led by powerful Sky Xuan experts. It wouldn’t be very difficult for the Blood Sword Hall to defeat Lei Jian Hong’s side if they wanted to. However, it would be impossible for them to restrain Lei Jian Hong and Fang Piao Hong. These two could cut their bloody path of escape as long as they wanted to leave.

"He he, Elder Brother Lei misunderstands this younger brother’s good intentions. You’re the Great Master Lei’s sole blood relative. We won’t dare to commit such an offense!" the red-clad man spoke unhurriedly, "It’s just that… your junior’s corpse… don’t you wish to take it with you? Are you going to leave it in this open wilderness?"

Lei Jian Hong snorted coldly, but didn’t pick-up the corpse. He then rose into the air, and pulled Fang Piao Hong with him. He wasn’t going to utter a single sentence in such a situation. The branches on the nearby trees oscillated several times as they disappeared into the night’s sky.

Lei Jian Hong was aware that carrying Zhou Jian Ming’s body would be a very heavy burden. In fact, it would prevent them from leaving. The red-clad man had spoken those words with clear evil intentions, but it was important for him and his sister-disciple to leave that place in order to avoid misfortune.

[A new enmity has been established, and it has left no room for any leeway. That red-clothed man and his companions will use any extreme methods to capture us if we try to retrieve the second brother’s body. What difference would it make if my father is the Great Cold Blooded Master? There would be no one left alive to bear as witness if we both die here and the Li Family’s warriors are caught in the same net. Then, even if my father decided to take vengeance… he wouldn’t know whom to take it on!]

[The opposite party clearly has the strength of kill us if we tarry!]

Therefore, he made a prompt decision and left.

The opposite party didn’t see any sense in stopping them — just as Lei Jian Hong had determined. Therefore, no one tried to stop them.

Suddenly, a milky-white mist started to rise in the dim light of night. It covered the entire area, and started to get increasingly dense. It appeared as if it had formed a thin protective screen.

The nights and early mornings were always misty in the wooded mountains. So, no one paid much attention to it. Moreover, a fresh burst of air had passed through the mountain trees along with that mist. This had a serene effect on everyone’s heart, and they couldn’t help but take deep breaths as they felt their spirits rise.

However, they were unaware that Jun Mo Xie had climbed down the tree, and had let out a deep sigh.

He secretly shouted at his misfortune.

[It’s such a pity! Lei Jian Hong and his people left a bit too early! He would’ve been able to see it if he had remained for a moment longer. It is such a pity that I’ve had to put-in such efforts, and suffer untold hardships to make this Ecstasy Fragrance. Unfortunately, the two of them were able to escape this trap.]

The Ecstasy Fragrance was unsuitable for use in the battle at an earlier time since there had been a formidable flow of Xuan Qi. It was very likely that it would’ve been blown away without being able to achieve the desired effect.

However, Jun Mo Xie had realized that the situation had now become stable-enough for him to use his trump card. The Ecstasy Fragrance had been made from the Hongjun Pagoda’s Aura. It was formless to the point where it was invisible; it was traceless to the point of secrecy.

However, there was little flavor to it. Nevertheless, it was fresh, cool and elegant. Anyone who smelled that fresh and elegant mist would lose their strength. Even a Xuan Qi expert would see their Xuan Qi decline very significantly. In effect, they’d lose considerable fighting-strength if they breathed-in that fragrance.

This was Jun Mo Xie’s biggest trump-card for this operation.

"You… have finally come." Zhang Cun Xiao had suffered many injuries to his body. He limped-over with the use of a support as he welcomed the newcomers. Zhao Wu Ji also walked close besides him. He looked at the red-clad men with an expression of unbridled fear, but it was mixed with unlimited gratitude.

"Ugh, we had an unexpected accident a while back. That delayed us a little," the red-clothed man replied expressionlessly. "Where are the crossbows?"

Zhang Cun Xiao looked at Zhao Wu Ji. He understood that gesture, and went towards the carriages with some people in tow. However, he didn’t stop at the carriages. Instead, he moved forward to the horses that had been drawing the carriages. He took down their saddles. Then, he removed loops of a transparent leather belt from the lower portion of their bodies. He then removed a thin and indiscernible pelt of fur from there. And suddenly, several brightly glittering crossbows fell down with a ‘crashing’ noise.

That’s where Zhao Wu Ji had tied the crossbows!

This scheme was very surprising. In fact, it was exceptional.

Even if a thief wanted to get his hands on those items — he would start with the carriages. And, he would run to another direction to search if the carriages didn’t have them. Who would care about what looked like mere ‘carriage horses’ at a glance?

"There are 350 crossbows in total; twenty more than expected. We’ve come to deliver them all. The original ‘manufacturing-blueprint’ has been burnt. A batch of twenty crossbows is tied to the belly of each horse. The remaining horses have batches of special arrows tied to their bellies. The arrows count to a number of 7000. And, this is only the first batch of these arrows. The second batch is being prepared at a quick pace."

Zhao Wu Ji bowed his head in fear and trepidation. He didn’t know why he felt that the red-clad man — who was overflowing with a cold aura — seemed dissatisfied with him.

"Very good! You’ve accomplished your task properly!" the red clad man seemed gratified now, "This place shall allow you to rest. And, you’ll also be given a reward…"

"Many thanks…" Zhao Wu Ji was overjoyed. He bowed his head to pay his respect and show his thanks. However, his head fell on the ground with a "Thud!" His face was smiling in gratitude, but it had been beheaded by the red-clad man.

"Fool!"

This was the final comment the red-clothed man had left for Zhao Wu Ji to hear.

"The reward I’ve given you is that you can follow your younger brother and reunite with him. You can rest in Hell permanently!" the red clothed man stated in a measured manner.

"Senior… you… why?" Zhang Cun Xiao looked shocked as he asked. The red-clad man quickly hit Zhang Cun Xiao’s head, and instantly ruptured his brain. His victim was on the verge of death, yet he struggled and asked, "But… why?"

"Why? I thought that you were somewhat smart. But, you turned out to be an idiot as well! You’re actually asking me the reason for this?!" The red-clad man wiped the blood from his hands as he smiled, "Do you idiots really believe that the Blood Sword Hall would be willing to cooperate with that idiotic pig of a Second Prince?! He also deserves this only!"

He then waved his hand, and sternly commanded, "Finish the task!"

The other red-clad men quickly set-about their task. They had intentionally or otherwise moved closer to the "lucky" survivors; they were nearly stationed beside them. The survivors had previously thought that the shadow of death had been dispersed from their tail with the arrival of such help. They had felt as if a big burden had been removed from their hearts. Hence, they hadn’t taken even the slightest of precautions. They were killed and routed the moment the leader of the red-clothed men commenced the rebellion; they were chopped like melons. Even the very thought of resisting didn’t occur in their heads. They just cried in misery as they went down.

The remaining red-clad men wordlessly chopped down with their swords, and beheaded the warriors of the Li Family who hadn’t escaped with Lei Jian Hong.

These men had been led by the two Xuan Sky experts to attack their enemies. They had been on the winning side. And, the situation had completely overturned the next moment when three Sky Xuan, numerous Earth and Jade Xuan experts attacked them with full strength. Each one of the Li Family’s warriors had felt despair when they had witnessed Lei Jian Hong depart. Therefore, they didn’t even have the slightest of courage to resist, and were slaughtered in the blink of an eye.

There were only a little over ten red-clad men left in the battlefield at that moment. However, their strength was truly tyrannical. They attacked to kill; not a single one of their enemies was let-off injured.

The white mist that shrouded the mountain had become even denser.

"Hurry up and inspect! Confirm which horses carry the crossbows! Quickly tidy-up, and retreat!" the leader of the red-clothed men commanded with a sense of urgency.

"He he he… it’s finally my turn! This has been fuc*ing exhausting… You guys play the game very fiercely… Most of you are still alive. That makes this Elder Brother very unhappy."

A mysterious laugh rang-out from thin air. It first came from the left, then from the right… then from the front… and then from behind. This phenomenon was unfathomable. One could only hear the words, "Blood Sword Hall is awesome! Your ability to select the most critical of moments… makes me admire you! But, if you’re not working for the Second Prince… then, who are you working for? Perhaps I must ask this instead — who has the charisma to deserve the Blood Sword Hall’s servitude? This Elder Brother is very interested in knowing, ah."

"Who’s there? Who dresses-up as god but acts as the devil? Show yourself!" the leader of the red-clad men shouted while his eyes searched the surroundings.

"Humph… Humph…Humph! I’m your father! Your daddy!" The man in the shadows gave a vulgar smile. He then broke into a hearty laughter, "Is the clever son not sharp-enough to bow down and kowtow at his father’s arrival?!"

"You court death!" the red-clothed man screamed in anger. He listened attentively, and then suddenly leapt up. His sword sent-out a long ray of blue-colored light. The blue light flew across, and made explosive noises as it hit several trees at their center. The ground made ‘crackling’ noises as the trees came crashing down. They pounded on the ground, and caused the dust to rise up in the air.

"Huh? How’s this possible?" the red-clad man had killed a Sky Xuan expert with his the power of his attacks a moment ago. But, he had shouted this in a state of shock. He was shocked to discover that his Sky Xuan level Xuan Qi had dissipated to a great extent since the time he had sent his sword-attack a moment ago.

"Ha ha! There’s only the unexpected in this world. Nothing is impossible. What can be considered as impossible?" the mysterious man hissed; he had remained hidden. He then roared, "Complete the task!"

There were explosions everywhere. The ground was suddenly overturned like waves in the sea. Silt and dust flew all over the place after the explosions. That was followed by several sturdy figures jumping out — people had suddenly started to appear from all sides.

A nimble figure suddenly appeared in mid-air, and unexpectedly made his way towards those Sky Xuan man. This mysterious expert flew towards them at a great speed.

The leader of the red-clad men cried, "Be careful!" However, he had barely finished crying-out when he saw a flash in front of him. Then, a black-clothed and masked man suddenly appeared right before him. The leader of the red-clad men was that mysterious man's true target. He quickly evaded backwards and raised his sword to go on the offensive.

However, his opponent followed him closely, and launched a quick attack. A cold light flashed to stab the red-clad man's throat. The cold light moved extremely quickly. In fact, it was faster than his eyesight could follow. He hadn’t even seen the weapon when he heard a ‘whooshing’ sound. He then felt the cold sensation of something stabbing his throat.

The red-clothed man barely raised his sword as he retreated again. He then heard the ‘whooshing’ noise again, and realized that his opponent was about to attack his crotch. He quickly pulled-back his buttocks, and rejoiced in the fact that he had avoided that terrible attack. However, he became scared when he saw that light flash again. There was a thrust towards his eyes. But, he didn't have enough energy to tilt to the side to avoid the attack. He felt a stinging pain on his face, and realized that the dagger had pierced his skin. He then felt two elbows hit his chest. That was followed by a sudden pain in his lower region; every vulnerable area of his body had been ferociously struck.

The red-clad man was angry, in pain, and frightened…

The other side had copied the method he had used against Zhou Jian Ming. However, the roles had been reversed, and he was the one getting hit by the opposite party. Moreover, his opponent's speed was greater than his own; this man was more accurate as well.

[Is this divine retribution?!]

Chapter 312: Frantically Tortured to Death

Translator: Novel Saga Editor: Novel Saga
Yet, what scared him the most was that his own Xuan Qi was fading away. Moreover, his dantian was reeling in chaos; not to mention the fact that he had no time to retaliate. In fact, he couldn’t have competed with his opponent on the basis of his own skills even if he had the time to retaliate…

His opponent’s speed was extremely fast. Moreover, the red-clad man had been thrown into disarray. Xuan Qi was the only thing he could rely on. However, the only thing he could rely on had already started to disappear. He had even forgotten to defend himself, and was simply being knocked-about.

"Bang!" the red clad man was hit on his crotch. Then, he was hit on the back of his head with a "Bang!" before he had the time to scream. He staggered two steps forward — only to find his attacker already present in front of him. Then, the red-clad man was forced to suffer a gale of countless crushing attacks within a split second.

His opponent’s speed was like that of a ghost’s. The red-clad man felt his entire body — from top to bottom… each and every part of it — getting hit. Moreover, every spot that was struck could cause the death of a person.

This mysterious attackers understanding of the human body had reached a very skilled and ‘easy-flowing’ level. It seemed that he was attacking randomly in either convenience or confusion. However, each spot he attacked made his victim feel extreme pain and discomfort; all these regions of the body were considered a taboo in martial arts.

The red-clothed man’s consciousness was fuzzy. There was only one thought in his mind. [This person is even more proficient at killing than the men from my Blood Sword Hall. Who is this man?]

The other two Sky Xuan experts were scared at witnessing this sudden change in the situation. They bellowed and moved forward to help their leader. They raised their Xuan Qi — only to discover the lamentable reality a bit too late. They didn’t realize when it happened… but their own Xuan Qi had already disintegrated. In fact, more-than-half of it had dispersed. The two felt as if their bodies had been affected by a high-level poison from the inside. They were flustered at being unable to save their compatriot’s life. The two experts tried their best to get their Xuan Qi to circulate. They had hoped to force the poison out of their bodies and reinstate their fighting strength by doing this. However, the more urgently they circulated their Xuan Qi… the faster its remnants dispersed. How could they not be frightened?

It was a very scary scene since their men were slowly disappearing from the surroundings as more and more ghosts had started to appear on the mountain… They were like a disease which swiftly spread with thunderous speed.

Each of these newcomers’ bodies flickered with glittering golden light. They didn’t show any trace of fear as they charged towards the Earth Xuan and Jade Xuan experts; in fact, they even charged towards the strong Sky Xuan experts without any hesitations. The swords in their hand chopped down. It seemed like they were treating the Blood Sword Hall’s assassins as a mere flock of sheep that had come for a slaughter.

The strongest amongst this new batch of enemies were Gold Xuan experts. Therefore, the red-clothed assassins would’ve considered these newcomers to be ‘cattle waiting for slaughter’ if they hadn’t been poisoned earlier… perhaps even inferior to that. These newcomers were like ants to them — at best. It was important to know that the weakest members of this team of red-clad men were Jade Xuan experts.

However, the roles had been reversed. These black-clothed men — whom they would’ve generally regarded as ants — had somehow started to seem like the tyrant kings of hell!

The overbearing Ecstasy Fragrance had resulted in the crazy drop of their effective-cultivation in front of their enemy. And, their effective-cultivation continued to fall. This fact left the red-clothed men extremely frightened. In fact, they had already lost their will to fight-back.

These cold-blooded assassins’ will to fight had been defeated by Ecstasy Fragrance.

A person’s mentality wouldn’t even hold at par with an ordinary individual’s if they suddenly lost the immense strength they had always proudly relied on for their survival.

Therefore, everybody was only thinking of a means to escape. In fact, they were as chaotic as a swarm of bees.

Their Gold Xuan enemies were extremely imposing on the contrary. They were very ferocious, and seemed unafraid to die.

This new group of men had clashed against the other with the intensity of a volcanic eruption within a span of a couple of breaths.

The newcomers’ facial expressions were grim and emotionless. They were confronted with a group of cold-blooded assassins. However, their own facial expressions were far more cruel and cold than a cold-blooded assassin’s. Their panic-stricken enemies were attacking them in a very chaotic manner, but these newcomers made no attempts to flee. In fact, they didn’t even try to dodge the incoming attacks. They merely used their shoulders and chests to confront the attacks head-on as they sent their own swords of their enemy’s body.

It seemed as if they were fighting for the fate of their lives. In fact, it seemed as if they could change their lives by sustaining these injuries.

Their strategy was extremely cruel.

[If you confront a cruel enemy — then you’ve to be even crueler!]

The battle had begun quickly, but it had ended even quicker. The battle was already half-finished when the two forces collided. This was because… the black-clad men had attacked in order to slash at the bodies of the other group. And, the bodies of their victims would turn black once their skin had been pierced. Then, the said-individual would cease to breathe and die in a moment’s time.

The weapons of the newcomers had been smeared with a highly toxic poison. This bloody poison could easily take someone’s life in an instant. Even the Earth Xuan experts were unable to resist this poison for more-than-half a breath’s time.

Jun Mo Xie had stored the poison he had expelled from Jun Wu Yi’s body. And, that was same poison he had decided to use in this battle. The swords of these men had been dipped in that poison for an entire night’s time. And, this poison was a mix of the top-ten most poisonous substances in the world. In fact, this poison could be bestowed the title of the ‘King of all Poisons’.

Those 200-plus men were divided into different groups. Each group of 4 or 5 had been tasked with taking-on one individual. One member would act as a ‘meat shield’ and bear all strikes from the enemy. The remaining 3 or 4 members of the group would swarm around, and cut the enemy down into pieces.

The Earth Xuan experts were able to resist this onslaught for a moment with some difficulty. However, they’d die the next moment since the poison would corrode their body.

The two Sky Xuan experts were trying their best to force-out the poison as they watched this scene unfold. Their eyes were calm because they possessed the strength of a Sky Xuan. However, their brows couldn’t help but twitch at the sight, while their bodies started to get covered with cold sweat.

[These… these… people?! This group of people is considering our life… and even the life of their own comrades as dispensable, isn’t it? It is understandable if one fights ‘tooth-and-nail’ in the battlefield… But, isn’t their strategy too barbaric?]

They saw a man’s shoulder getting resolutely chopped by one of their Earth Xuan comrades. The blade had nearly pierced the man’s shoulder down to its hilt. This was certainly a fatal blow. In fact, he would’ve been able to cut the man into two parts if he had applied a little more force. However, the victim didn’t even flinch. He unexpectedly turned his shoulder. This allowed the blade cut-in even deeper. Then, his muscles held the blade in place… tightly. After that, his comrades vigorously rushed-over. They let-out loud roars and turned that Earth Xuan expert into minced meat.

…Another man’s abdomen had been pierced by a sword. That was a certain fatal injury. However, just as before, the impaled man remained expressionless. He then put his hands to work… with one — he grabbed the edge of the blade that had pierced him in an unwavering grip. With the other — he held the red-clad Earth Xuan expert’s wrist. Then, he actually smiled in a sinister manner! It was then that many swords fell down from besides him, and turned his red-clad enemy into grounded meat…

The same happened with another person…

Then another…

[These people…! They’re more desperate than a man on a death sentence!]

Those who are desperate to fight… usually still feel fear and weakness when they are at death’s door. However, these warriors had genuinely ignored the prospect of death. They were only concerned about the death of their opponents.

Fifteen Earth Xuan experts and forty red-clothed Jade Xuan experts were killed in the blink of an eye. What was crueler… was the fact that none of the fifty-five men’s corpses were preserved. Their dead bodies had been transformed beyond recognition. Their corpses were a far-more miserable sight than Zhou Jian Ming’s.

It went without saying that those assassins could confirm that what they had just witnessed… was the best way to kill since the corpses had been completely dismembered. However, to witness so many dismembered bodies with their own eyes obviously came as a shock to them.

This scene made the two Sky Xuan experts recall their expedition into the Tian Fa forest a year back. They had gone to look for some medicines, and had unexpectedly faced a pack of wolves. However, this group of men was even more dreadful than that pack of wolves. [Isn’t this immense murderous intent even beyond the category of Assassins? Even the most blood-thirsty and cruel Xuan Beasts of the Tian Fa forest won’t be able to achieve such a high level!]

And then finally…

Then, there was an extremely mournful and blood-curdling scream. It was full of indignation. Then, this sad howl came to an abrupt stop. The two Sky Xuan experts turned around in anticipation — only to see that their leader… who had recently killed the Sky Xuan Zhou Jian Ming… had both of his hands chopped-off. He hadn’t yet fallen to the ground. His mouth was opened wide, and his eyes and nose had been beaten into terrible bloody cavities.

They saw their leader’s body being kicked high into the sky with a "Bang!" the moment they turned around. Then, a storm-like rain of attacks fell upon his body. Everything… from his throat, heart, crotch, skull… all the vulnerable points of his body were being struck frantically. The two could clearly see that every attack had landed at the vital points of the body. Moreover, these intensive attacks were being carried out very accurately! This fact-alone was worthy-enough to make them tremble!

This incessant and accurate attacking method was very cruel, and cold-blooded. And, it had left them to tremble. Strikes on even half of those vital points could cause a fatality. Therefore, a storm of such strikes was obviously a shocking sight to watch.

Finally, the scene became still after a tart and sour ‘snapping’ sound was heard. What had just been an awe inspiring Sky Xuan expert… had now turned into a ‘walking stick’. That devilish black-clothed man thrust his hand through the pit of his victim’s stomach. It passed through the inner cavity like a ramrod, and pierced through his back. The black-clad man’s fist firmly held a piece of his victim’s heart.

It was hanging in midair!

The hair on the two Sky Xuan experts’ body stood up.

This couldn’t merely be called as ‘cruel’ or ‘cold-blooded’… or anything similar.

This was abnormal! Extremely abnormal! The abnormality of this scene had crossed the limits of what humanity could bear!

This black-clad individual was naturally Jun Mo Xie. He knew that things couldn’t be dragged-on for much longer. So, the Young Master Jun had obviously decided to attack first in order to gain the upper hand. However, he realized something after he had launched his attack. And, this realization had left him very gloomy… very, very gloomy.

The Hit-man Jun was the King of his generation’s assassins. He had always been against such tyrannical and abnormal indulgences of playing with one’s target. He had always paid attention while striking the target, and had tried to kill the ‘target’ as cleanly as possible. Therefore, Jun Mo Xie was secretly troubled since he had been forced to deal with his enemy in this manner as a last resort.

The Ecstasy Fragrance had reduced his opponent’s fighting strength to a freakishly low level. The enemy had no will left to fight. Moreover, his initial movements and speed had caught his opponent unprepared. The speed of his movements had been faster than his enemy’s from the start. But, still…

The strength of the Sky Xuan expert’s body was too high! The Young Master Jun’s growth had been lightning fast, and he had quickly reached the Jade Xuan realm… but, the gap between the two individual’s strength was still supposed to be very great! Therefore, he had decided to use this intensive attack method. He had destroyed his enemy’s bones to a point where one couldn’t even find their dregs. However, his enemy had still managed to let-out a few painful howls in the face of such attacks…

Chapter 313: The Sullen Sky Xuan Assassins

Translator: Novel Saga Editor: Novel Saga
The Young Master Jun’s current firepower was nothing compared to the one he possessed in his previous life. He had managed to take his opponent by surprise, and the man had fallen into a state of naked disadvantage. But, the Young Master Jun still hadn’t been able to break past his defenses. In fact, his ‘overkill’ style offense hadn’t proved to be of much significance.

In fact, this man hadn’t even been able to raise and amass his Xuan Qi. Therefore, the Young Master Jun was at a total loss for words with regard to this matter; this was very disgraceful.

Therefore, the Young Master Jun didn’t dare to relax one bit. His attacks were intensive, but he was very clear about one thing — he himself would suffer losses if he wasn’t able to kill the man quickly… in fact, the tables might even turn against him if he gave the other man any room to respond or take advantage. After all, he was merely a Jade Xuan expert when all was said and done; nothing more. And on the other hand, his opponent was at the Sky Xuan realm. In fact, he was a Peak Sky Xuan expert.

[My opponent can make me suffer even if his strength has been reduced to one-tenth of its actual power.]

Therefore, Jun Mo Xie continuously attacked with ‘Bang!’ ‘Bang!’ sounds. His fists, knees, elbows, the side of his heels… had been thoroughly jolted by the impacts of his own attacks. In fact, they had started to ache. But, he still wasn’t prepared to relax; he couldn’t dare to relax. So, it would’ve seemed that his attacks had gotten increasingly intense.

This one-sided battle would seem different from an outsider’s perspective. An outsider would reckon that Jun Mo Xie could’ve killed his opponent with one strike alone. They would think that he had intentionally used such a cruel method in order to torture his enemy… that he was reprehensible for torturing people in such a manner for his enjoyment.

This level of maltreatment was the talk of legends!

Moreover, Jun Mo Xie had displayed his Xuan Qi in order to dispel the opposite side’s imposing mannerism. However, he had displayed the dark blue color of a Sky Xuan Peak expert!

[That Sky Xuan Peak expert is wildly beating-up the other man… that too a man who is at a grade that is lower than his own within the Sky Xuan realm! Not only that… his opponent isn’t even retaliating! Could it be that his barbaric attacks are an indication of his nature? He could’ve settled this in one strike, ah…]

Tears streamed down Jun Mo Xie’s cheeks. [Even these sinister attacks aren’t going very smoothly. What am I supposed to think ah…? Is my strength that incompetent…?]

Fortunately, this wasn’t a game-world where everything operates on pure data. Even the strength of a Sky Xuan had its limits. Young Master Jun had continuously struck his victim over three hundred times in the same place by the end of it — on the pit of his stomach. And, he had then worn-out the Xuan Qi that protected his opponent’s body… finally. He had finally beaten his enemy’s strong-built body — a body the victim had been very proud of — to a pulp. Then, Jun Mo Xie had severed any scope of the other man’s survival by striking his heart.

However, he was unaware that his image had appeared stationary after he had thrown his last punch. This had happened because he was very tired. So, he had taken a moment’s rest. But, the onlookers had interpreted this sight in an entirely different light. That image was ‘an extreme’ to their eyes; it was too cruel, and too abnormal.

[You’ve already killed him… so, why are you doing this to his dead body? He looks like salted fish… do you wish to scare the dead, boss? This has been an exceptional night…]

The two hundred men looked Hit-man Jun with extreme reverence. There was complete silence for a moment.

They were too shocked!

They were extremely shocked!

It was a while before everyone came back to themselves. Then, the other two Sky Xuan experts looked at Jun Mo Xie with grief and indignation. They gnashed their teeth and asked, "Who are you? Have the guts to tell us your name! You’re such a noble and far-reaching person! Your distinguished-self has been conferred my Blood Sword Hall’s undying gratitude! We will work from dusk to dawn to pay you back!"

"Huh? Pay back? Shouldn’t you think of running away?" Jun Mo Xie spoke in a flabbergasted manner. There was a twinkle in his eye. He then suddenly said, "Bullsh*t! Isn’t your imagination too enriched? When did I ever say that I’ll allow you to leave? Are you sure you aren’t day-dreaming? Or, are you talking in your sleep?"

"Ha ha ha! We’ve lost more-than-half of our strength after being affected by your poison; this fact is undisputed. And, we’ve suffered a resounding defeat today! However, do you believe that you and your accompanying group of trashy and repulsive hatchlings can capture us? Right! Your distinguished-self is at the Sky Xuan Peak, and your strength outstrips ours by a margin. But, even your distinguished-self can stop only one amongst us if we truly intend to escape. You must the one day-dreaming if you believe that you can constrain the both of us! So, the person who’s ‘day-dreaming’ and ‘talking in their sleep’ is none other than your distinguished-self!"

The two red-clothed Sky Xuan experts laughed in a shrill manner. Their cold words echoed as they spoke, "We aren’t afraid to tell you this in all honesty — no matter who you are… or whether or not you have some backing — you and your backers are toast! There’ll be no beautiful dream for you… only a nightmare; an unending nightmare!"

"Capture only one of you? What shameful words are you speaking?! I wouldn’t have come here if planned to allow even one of you leave! And, dreaming? We’ll see who is dreaming!" Jun Mo Xie sneered and waved his hand, "Kill them!"

The 200 men roared loudly. Their injuries weren’t light. Yet, they raised their swords, and threw themselves at the enemy like a tide in spite of their injuries.

"Ha ha…" the two Sky Xuan experts laughed heartily. Then, they suddenly leapt-up and rose in the air. One of them went towards the north, and the other one moved towards the south.

They moved extremely fast.

[Even this extremely tyrannical Peak Sky Xuan expert in front of us will have no choice but to chase only one of us. How can he capture the both of us since we’re both at the same Xuan level as him?]

Jun Mo Xie snorted and laughed. He didn’t move an inch. In fact, the Young Master Jun didn’t even have the desire to move. He merely yelled in a cold voice, "Get down!" The sky was resounded with his loud and ‘snapping’ yell as it came down to the dark and gloomy earth. His men on the ground were in order. They were well-trained. And so, they immediately scattered; they quickly ducked, and went outside the circle.

The two red-clothed assassins couldn’t help their ‘bladders crack’ when they raised their heads to look.

Dozens of nets appeared in midair — from all directions. These nets were studded with shining barbs, and they covered over thirty meters in radius. These nets were dense, and had no gaps that one could escape from. The two red-clothed men looked everywhere — only to find that there were no openings in the nets. Moreover, the nets overlapped each other as they came down; each net had another one above it. If one could cross one net with difficulty… he would then have to face a second one… and after that… even a third one…

The two red-clothed men mournfully cried in despair as forty-to-fifty nets opened-up, loudly fell on them with a "Bang!", and trapped them inside.

The two assassins could’ve worn the nets out if they would’ve been able to circulate their Xuan Qi… perhaps they could’ve even broken them if their Xuan Qi hadn’t been lost. In fact, it would’ve merely been a matter of seconds. However, their Xuan Qi had reduced drastically. So, they wouldn’t have had enough time to circulate and amass their Xuan Qi even if they had strived to escape.

Indeed, what they lacked the most at this juncture… was time.

How could Jun Mo Xie have allowed them enough time to counter-attack?

The 200 men had dropped their swords in unison once the command was given. Then, they conveniently took-out the already-prepared thick wooden clubs. After that, they — without any rhyme or reason — proceeded to ruthlessly beat-down upon the two poor ‘devils’ who were stuck under the many nets.

This was a huge opportunity for those Gold Xuan experts to trample upon Sky Xuan experts. It could be a once in a lifetime opportunity… so, how could they let it pass? Moreover, they had all seen the strength and vigor with which their Young Master had trampled upon his enemy. And so, they weren’t prepared to let their Young Master attain all the glory…

[What happened to your Sky Xuan Strength? You still think you can trample and kill…? No… that’s your fate.]

Dark Blue lights could be vaguely seen shining-through that heavy layer of nets. It was evident that the two Sky Xuan experts were still struggling with everything they had. They were desperately trying to save themselves from this dire situation. However, the cruel fact was that… their efforts would be in vain. Wooden clubs — as thick as thighs — powerfully fell on the flesh of those two in the midst of jeers and "Puff" sounds...

Their ‘nightmare’ had truly arrived!

The blood-curdling screams echoed. The two Sky Xuan experts had refused to scream their pain in order to save face at first. Then, they had started to shout as if there was nothing more joyous than that moment in-itself. Their screams had pierced the night sky; their screams had soon started to sound like the screech of numerous owls.

Their Sky Xuan leader had died… and that was extremely sad. However, he had been killed by the "high-level Sky Xuan expert" Jun Mo Xie’s sneak attack. So, it could be said that he had died with honor. However, what about those two? They were being trampled by a group of ant-like Gold Xuan experts. How tragic had life been to them in the end?

Come to speak of it… these two people had been pressing their luck for a tragedy. Every man goes to seek-out his tragedies on his own. These two men weren’t any different.

Jun Mo Xie originally had many misgivings about these two red-clad men. They had been affected by the Ecstasy Fragrance, but they were still genuine Sky Xuan experts. So, even their minimal strength would be at par with the Earth Xuan realm… perhaps even higher — no matter how much it had been reduced. There was no way to drastically reduce the Xuan Qi level beyond that. Therefore, they would’ve likely caused severe causalities to Jun Mo Xie’s men if they had been allowed to go ‘all out’ and fight with their remaining might.

Therefore, Jun Mo Xie had covered himself with the distinct dark-blue-color of the Sky Xuan Peak level in order to deter those two.

The two red-clad men had obviously thought that the only option left for them was to escape… and that too — separately. And, it wasn’t very surprising either. After all, their strength was merely at the initial stage of the Sky Xuan realm. So, they would’ve run away when faced a Peak Sky Xuan expert even if they had been in their peak condition. What could one possible say for a situation when their strength had been reduced…

However, their attempt to flee had fallen within the bounds of Jun Mo Xie’s strategy.

Jun Mo Xie had previously arranged for fifty-four of his men to hide in the trees. Each one of these men carried two nets with them. And, they were simply waiting for that moment. One could see only 200 people before? However, it was important to note that these men actually totaled to 254!

They acted like 54 skilled fishermen when they threw those dense nets. Moreover, their two victims had been in a state of confusion and panic when these nets had appeared in midair from nowhere at that critical juncture. So, how could they not have fallen into that trap?

The two red-clad men had should’ve caused huge casualties to Jun Mo Xie’s party by all rights. And even then… they might not have been captured. However, they were now as sullen as a fish that had been caught in a net. Moreover, they hadn’t merely been reduced to the fishes in a net at this moment — they more closely resembled the meat on a chopping-block… as their butcher pondered over how to chop them up…

Those two hundred men weren’t frightened. They seem to brandish their wooden clubs as if the autumn season had arrived… it seemed as if the season for ‘crop harvest’ had finished, and they needed to thresh the soya beans from the harvest. They shouted with joy as they hammered their victims. Jun Mo Xie ordered his men to continue that beat-down — for a time period that lasted the duration it takes for half-an-incense-stick to burn — for the fear of a "playing possum" trick. There was no other reason for him to do so; it was just an assassin’s caution.

Thereafter, when Jun Mo Xie went forward to look at the result — what he found could only be described as ‘very good’. The big nets had been thoroughly tattered. However, inside… what was inside… could in no way be considered as ‘men’. In fact, they couldn’t even be considered as ‘meat’. What was left inside… was minced meat… hundred percent minced meat…!

Even if one slowly stews meat in a pressure cooker for a day’s time… it still wouldn’t become that decomposed!

Jun Mo Xie’s eyes took a quick glance around. Then, he waved his hand and commanded, "Quickly sweep the battlefield! If an enemy still breaths — quickly remedy it with a knife. Take care of our injured. Retrieve the crossbows carefully! Ensure you leave no traces. Start at once!"

Everyone responded boisterously.

Jun Mo Xie raised his head, and looked in the wooded mountain’s direction. There was an expression of profound happiness in his eyes.

The battlefield was quickly tidied-up-clean. Jun Mo Xie calmly gave the order. The men screamed in unison, and turned to mount their horses. Then, the men disappeared as the sounds of rapid hoof-beats echoed. They disappeared without a single trace.

All they left behind… were the pieces of scattered flesh… as evidence of this unusually bloody battle.

Chapter 314: Sword Pointed to Tian Fa

Translator: Novel Saga Editor: Novel Saga
After a long while…

"Bluergh… bluergh…"

"Bluergh… bluergh, bluergh…"

Jun Mo Xie turned to look in the direction of the noise. Two individuals had damaged their lungs vomiting. In fact, it seemed that they’d even vomit-out their intestines. Then, the sounds of vomiting started to rise, and soon it seemed that many people had started to vomit…

"Old Pang, what’s to be done about this vomiting…?"

"What can be done? Its vomit… it’s useless to try to solve this matter. Let’s go back… Bluergh…"

"The Young Master’s strength is extremely astonishing. But, that method of his’ was extremely… bluergh… cruel… heavens… bluergh…"

"You, shut up! We’ll talk about this later! Bluergh…"

There was a gloomy warbling sound. Around ten men came out from their hiding places, and showed themselves. Their faces were pale, and the corners of their mouths were dripping unceasingly. One glance at their faces was enough to determine that they had been vomiting quite heavily.

It seemed that someone had taken the initiate to issue an order to these men, and they quietly departed. However, that person hadn’t shown himself from the start to finish. In fact, it was almost as if that person was never present in the first place…

The deep curtains of night fell down. They concealed the crimes, and dispersed the bloody events…

The atmosphere had become peaceful and quite again.

~ The Jun Family Residence ~

It was already after midnight, yet Grandpa Jun’s study-room was still brightly lit.

Jun Mo Xie was quietly returning home with his men when he saw that light, and suddenly felt a poetic feeling in his heart. So, he started to sing in his mind; [the night is calm, and the stars are glittering in the sky. The light still shines clear from Grandfather’s window up ahead… He’s working his heart out to write the research material. His tall figure is reflected in my heart…]

The Young Master Jun had his own way of enjoying himself. He went to his room, and went to sleep.

The two teams of his men rested, reorganized, recuperated and healed. Besides the 350 crossbows and 7000 accompanying bolts — they had also found twenty-to-thirty-thousand silver taels. Jun Mo Xie had generously divided them amongst his 200-plus men. Those who had sustained injuries were given an additional fifty taels. This had left everyone very happy and satisfied. His medicinal dans were curing the wounded men’s injuries at a rapid pace without any major problems.

This was only natural since the Young Master Jun had very high-level skills in the medicinal field. His troops had received many injuries in the battle. A few of them had received grave injuries. And, there were some injuries that were so serious that they could be considered as ‘fatal’. However, could these serious injuries prove to be a big deal with the Young Master’s various medicines at hand? These injuries would obviously be cured within a short period of time.

The Emperor had lost his soldiers, his money, and his crossbows. Jun Mo Xie had ordered his men to use other methods for attacking or defending against the enemy. These crossbows were only to be used for self-defense. [In any case, we must set-off for Tian Fa soon. We needn’t fear about being discovered if we use these crossbows in Tian Fa.]

Jun Mo Xie had just settled down. Old Pang had also quietly led his troops back to the Jun residence. Their faces were green, and their lips were white. Their footsteps were weak and unstable.

~ Inside the Study ~

"Lord Master… we’ve returned at last. Your subordinate has nearly madly vomited himself to death…" Old Pang gasped for air with difficulty.

"What happened?" Grandpa Jun was bewildered.

"It was the Young Master. That Method of his’… is very cruel… bluergh!" Old Pang continued to speak even though he felt nauseous.

"Cruel? What’s the matter? Tell me properly," Grandpa Jun was even more bewildered now. Old Pang came from a family of warriors. He had been at his side for many decades. He had spent more time on the battlefield that Jun Wu Yi had. In fact, it wouldn’t be an overstatement to call him a veteran of a hundred battles. What cruelty had he not seen already? He had killed at least a hundred warriors himself. And, that too was a conservative count. So, what could’ve possibly left him to look like this?

"Bluergh!" Old Pang retched as he tried to speak. But, he was finally able to, "My Lord, I’ve seen men getting killed. I’ve killed many men myself. But, I’ve never seen anyone beating a live person to death like that, and then stretching one’s hands… only for it to come out from behind a man’s chest-cavity with his heart in the hand. And, as for the other two men — their corpses can’t even be called ‘human corpses’. They resembled ‘dumplings’ more closely. Even the process of chopping wasn’t required anymore. Do you still need me to explain in more detail…?"

"Bluergh! Don’t talk about it… shut up, and quickly go outside to vomit! Get lost! Bluergh!" He hadn’t finished speaking, but Grandpa Jun could well-imagine the scene. He couldn’t help but burst out retching.

Old Pang’s evil scheme had prevailed. He chuckled in an evil manner, and went away like a wisp of smoke. [It’s not good to vomit alone. Everyone should get to vomit. Everyone should be treated equally. This is fair and equitable.]

However, Grandpa Jun was a top-notch warrior at the end of the day. He only retched for a moment. Then, he resumed his natural state. In fact, he couldn’t help but smile as he muttered to himself, "This little devil is full of surprises! That stealthy poison was really… I can’t tell how many more cards he has hidden in his hand!"

However, one expert inside the Jun Family was very depressed.

This expert was the same person who had recently been made the ‘commander’ of the Tian Fa expedition — Jun Wu Yi. He had personally led men to the Ni Chang Pavilion in order to arrest and kill Yue’er and everyone else. After all, the crossbows had arrived and their operation had already begun. Therefore, Yue’er and the others had outlived their usefulness.

This was part of Jun Mo Xie's plan.

However, they rushed into that place, and found it empty. They enquired and found that Yue'er had vanished on the dawn of that day along with everyone else. And, she had left no trace behind.

Jun Wu Yi was extremely disappointed.

He had used a mountain to smash an egg. Even a standard stone could smash an egg… but, he had failed to do so. He was depressed… really depressed. [Where was the information leaked from…?] This thought had greatly puzzled him.

Jun Mo Xie stood on the edge of the convened gathering on following day’s dawn.

He had to depart with the army in the afternoon. So, Jun Mo Xie was ‘racing against time’ in the true sense of the meaning.

"Fatty, I'll be leaving later. Take proper care of the Aristocratic Hall. Bear that responsibility for me. In addition, I will supply you with some medicinal dans. Hold an auction for them every-so-often. And, auction a very small amount. Ensure that you protect the secrecy of the relevant information. And, as for the money you acquire from the auction — don't hesitate to spend it to acquire rare ingredients. You needn’t spend much effort to acquire the ordinary ingredients anymore. And, don’t collect the medicinal herbs the way you had previously done!"

Jun Mo Xie handed Fatty Tang a bottle of the Multi-Cure Dan, a bottle of the Mysterious Yang Dan, and a bottle of the Missing Yin Dan in order to earn profit. He wasn’t going to sell the efficacy-increasing ‘Ten Years Dan’. However, these three Dans were enough to cause wide-spread sensation.

"Little Yang Mo, you needn’t be involved in the Aristocratic Hall’s day-to-day transactions and workings. However, if someone from the royal family comes and proposes something — whether it is excessive or not, whether it is unreasonable or not — you will handle all of it. After all, Tang Yuan's identity is inconvenient for this. You understand, right?"

"But... but..." Little Yang Mo hesitated a bit.

"But nothing! It has been decided!" Jun Mo Xie decisively cut-in. Then, he stated in conclusion, "Quickly go back to your father — the Prince Equivalent — to ask for guidance if you're unable to handle it on your own. Ahem! This matter has already been decided. We won’t speak of it again!"

The decision was squeaky clean. So, Yang Mo departed with some worry on his mind. Then, Jun Mo Xie turned to Tang Yuan, "Give all Imperial Family related business to Yang Mo. It doesn't matter if we suffer a loss. In fact, I don't care about any loss from that. Is that clear?"

"It's not clear. Why are you doing this? If per-chance anyone from the Imperial Family does come, and this little devil is unable to handle it… won't it mean that we'll be out of luck?" Tang Yuan's expression was one of protest. He didn’t understand the Young Master Jun's decision.

"I don't require you to understand. I only need you to carry it out!" Jun Mo Xie glared in anger. The Prince Equivalent’s family hadn’t attended the Golden Scholarly Feast. However, he hadn’t opposed Jun Mo Xie's intentional or non-intentional instigation either. Everything had seemed to be still.

It had to be said that the Prince Equivalent could certainly keep his composure. However, that move wouldn’t work in front of Jun Mo Xie. [So, you're keeping calm? Good! I’ll just add to the fire!]

[You think that you could just put up some money on the table, and buy a share… and then this Young Master will keep making money for you? How can it be that easy? What’s the point of giving you so much money if I can’t even tie your family to the Jun Family’s war-chariot?]

[This isn’t exactly openhearted. And, it can be considered very mean to exploit a child. However, I can give you a whole generation of Kings if your son's performance is good!]

[Who won’t be satisfied with that?]

Tang Yuan still didn’t understand his intention. However, he kept his mouth shut when he saw that Jun Mo Xie was getting angry. So, he only responded in agreement from there on. In fact, he himself hadn’t thought of it… when had his childhood friend — some he used to go debauching-around — become so authoritative and domineering?

"Song Shang, you will brew wine during this time, and provide it to our families; do you understand? You will also be responsible for the Aristocratic Hall’s security at night. Ensure that no mishap occurs!"

"I understand, Master."

"Hai Chen Feng, I want you to consolidate the underworld during the time I’m away. The amount of fighting strength you gather isn’t that important to me. Rather, I would like you to gather as much intelligence as you can. Are you clear on that? For example; the beggars on the Capital’s street, the people in restaurants, the barman, the pimps of various brothels, the men who stand and keep watch at the doors of the influential families and so on… Utilize their hidden talents, uncover the valuable intelligence, and record it. Intelligence is the first priority here. You can look to deal with the issue of military strength once you’ve established a definite line of intelligence. Do you understand?"

A cold light flickered in Jun Mo Xie’s eyes. He had spoken the entire set of instructions in one breath. It had embodied the most important purpose for his control over the gangs. Therefore, it was very important that Hai Chen Feng understood it properly.

"I understand. The Young Master can feel relieved. I, Hai Chen Feng, will consolidate Tian Xiang City’s gangs, and set-up a watertight intelligence network," Hai Chen Feng solemnly replied. He had clearly understood Jun Mo Xie’s idea.

"Ahem! Good. Now, we come to another matter. This matter is of the utmost importance. It is something I won’t compromise on; and that is the Jun Family’s security. Hai Chen Feng and Song Shang, you both will be in charge of this matter. I will say this in short — I won’t permit any mishaps. None whatsoever! Nothing at all! No matter the situation! Do you understand?!"

"Be at ease, Young Master! Anyone who wishes to mess with the Jun Family will have to pass over our dead bodies!" Hai Chen Feng and Song Shang replied in unison.

"Ahem! Then, I’m relieved," Jun Mo Xie nodded slightly. He then took out another porcelain bottle, "There are three Dan pills in this; for each of you. Take them. These will serve to increase your Xuan Qi cultivation by ten years! Tang Yuan, you can take Hai Chen Feng’s assistance in this matter. And another thing, this matter is a secret of top priority. None of you is to divulge anything outside!"

The three people replied in unison with fanatical looks in their eyes. [To be able to increase Xuan Qi cultivation by ten years!] Tang Yuan wouldn’t pay attention to matters pertaining martial strength under normal circumstances. However, even he wasn’t foolish enough to disregard this, and got all excited about it. Hai Chen Feng and the Song Shang were both Sky Xuan experts. Their understanding of this matter was obviously more profound.

"You’re all temporarily dismissed. Hurry up and go. I will leave for battle this afternoon. There’s no need to see me off," Jun Mo Xie waved his hand. His eyes revealed a strange expression as he slowly continued, "If everything goes smoothly on this trip… then when we return… he he…" He laughed in a profound a manner. His eyes shone with a cold light that was akin to the one that’s reflected off a sword’s edge.

The people who saw this couldn’t help but tremble. [What plan does this Young Master have? And, how can his expression be so scary?]

The sun had shifted slightly to the west. The drums for the army’s assembling rumbled loudly on the massive drill-ground. Their echoes shook the heavens and earth.

Generals chose morning-time go to battle for the most part; preferably sunrise. They’d take the rising Sun to be auspicious. However, the vows before the troops were being taken at noon in this case. This was somewhat different to the usual practice. And, this wasn’t a very good idea to say the least about it. How could it be good if the sun quickly set in the west? But, the Emperor of the Tian Xiang Empire had decided this, and no one had dared to ask the reason.

The biting-cold autumn wind dried-up, and boiled over the ground. What regrets would a man have if he could achieve such a feat?

[Let this magnificent army of men and horses follow me impassioned! All without exception will go forward — disregarding life and death!]

Mountains of joyous shouts echoed like tsunamis. It was amongst all this cheering that Jun Wu Yi grasped his wheelchair, and turned around to face His Majesty. He cupped his fists, "Your Majesty, your humble official Jun Wu Yi seeks to resign from his post in order to lead the army."

"I allow you to do so," the Emperor’s face had turned red as loud celebratory music started to play.

"Play the music. Send off the Empire’s heroes into battle!" Grandfather Dugu Zong Heng stepped forward, and proclaimed with a loud and majestic roar.

The battle drums echoed loudly like a surging tide since they were played with enthusiasm.

Eight horsemen attired in neat battle-clothing and shining armors carried the banner on their staffs. They led the way on their eight horses.

The biting-cold autumn wind blew upon the large banner, and made it rise up. It was the color of blood, and had a single golden word on it — "Jun."

The eyes of some of Tian Xiang’s veteran soldiers had welled-up with tears.

The Jun Family’s war-banner!

This banner had always symbolized unparalleled victory! This flag was a banner of iron and blood! It had finally risen again after an absence of ten years! However, it still excited everyone’s souls; just as it had in the past! It still rolled-up in this weather; just as it had in the past!

The sound of hoof-beats was methodically emanated. The echoes rose as squadron-after-squadron of brightly armored cavalrymen moved out in formation, and slowly formed a vast and mighty torrent of steel as they galloped away in the wind.

A blade was raised towards the blue dome of heaven. The sword was pointed towards Tian Fa. The hero of a hundred battles had moved out. And, the hero’s blood hadn’t gone cold yet.

[Tian Fa! I’m coming!]

Chapter 315: To Violate the Army’s Disciplinary Laws

Translator: Novel Saga Editor: Novel Saga
The day after the army had set off… or to be more precise… on the midnight of the day the army had set off — the real client of the Blood Sword Hall, the Emperor of the Tian Xiang Empire — finally received the news he had been waiting for. The Zhao Family’s men who had had crossed into the Capital’s region had been wiped out along with the troops they had hired from the Southern Trade Union. The Second Prince’s Devine Storm Guard had suffered the same fate.

The Emperor didn’t find this news-report shocking; in fact, it was expected. Otherwise, wouldn’t things have failed to live up to his arrangements? However, the news-report wasn’t limited to this information. This was because the annihilation hadn’t been limited to the aforementioned deaths. The members of the Blood Sword Hall who had taken part in the operation had also died a violent death.

The three Sky Xuan experts, fifteen Earth Xuan assassins, and forty Jade Xuan assassins — all had been eliminated. This news was shocking; in fact, it was extremely shocking.

One would’ve needed immense fighting-strength in order to destroy such a force. And, this was different from an ordinary defeat… perhaps even an ‘attack and a rout’ situation. Rather, it was the complete destruction of an entire military group; not a single person had been able to escape.

In addition, the main reason for these events had disappeared without a trace. That is… the meticulously manufactured ultra-killing weapons made using the Xuan Beasts’ tendons and highly tempered steel — which several powers had been vying and hoping for — had also disappeared without a trace.

The Emperor had ransacked his table, and had his cup had fallen down. The spirit of his gloomy face didn’t revive for many days to come. The crossbows and the strength of the Blood Sword Hall had held great importance for the Emperor. He had never expected that his flawless arrangements would go awry instead of capturing those crossbows. In fact, he hadn’t merely lost-out on the crossbows. He had also lost the elite troops that constituted nearly half of the covert martial strength under his command to this unfathomable mystery.

The fact that made him even angrier was that this event had left no clues behind. So, he couldn’t determine who had been behind this incident. So much so, that even the tiniest clues hadn’t been left behind. How wouldn’t the Tian Xiang Empire’s Emperor be gloomy? How could he not be angry? This gloom and anger resulted in a cloud of worry and a fog of misery in the Imperial Palace. Everyone trembled with fear and treaded with caution since no one wanted to anger the ‘unhappy’ Emperor.

As for the effect of the news of this event on the Second Prince… he fainted when he heard this news. This isn’t an exaggeration… he had genuinely fainted on the spot.

That was understandable. After all, he had suffered the greatest damage amongst all the participants. He had expended the highest amount of resources from the start to the finish. In fact, he couldn’t afford the final outcome of it. The Second Prince had paid for the raw materials that were required for the manufacturing. In fact, he had paid a very high price for them. Perhaps, one should say that he had paid an astronomically high price. Then, he had paid double for the manufacturing cost. The Prince had also engaged a lot of manpower for the transport arrangements. And now, he had suffered a dead loss. Moreover, his Devine Storm Guard had also been annihilated in its entirety; they were the Second Prince’s most elite troops!

One could say that he had gone bankrupt while paying for another’s wedding dress. The fact that was even more exasperating was that he didn’t know who that ‘other person’ was… The Second Prince probably wouldn’t have been able to figure out a way of responding to this situation if he hadn’t already fainted in the first place…

Another person was similarly gloomy. It was Li You Ran. The Young Master Li hadn’t suffered the loss of a fortune like the Second Prince. But, he had still paid a considerable amount. One could say that he had lost his hard earned savings…

He had sent half of the most elite of his family’s secretly trained warriors for this task. And, they had been completely annihilated. Moreover, one of his senior brother-disciples was killed, and turned to minced-meat.

However, the fact that made him even more depressed was that — he didn’t know whom to retaliate against. [Should I look for the Blood Sword Hall? Should I find that assassin and take revenge?] Wouldn’t the Great Cold-Blooded Master Lei Wu Bei go mad if he didn’t take revenge? Moreover, his two remaining senior disciples had been so shaken that they hadn’t even brought their deceased brother-disciple’s body back. In fact, he reckoned that his senior brother-disciple and his senior sister-disciple wouldn’t stay with him for long either.

Nine senior brother-disciples and one senior sister-disciple had come to Tian Xiang City a fortnight ago in order to help him with his plans. However, eight had already died by now. And, the remaining two had transformed into thoroughly frightened creatures.

The Li Family’s Young Master — Li You Ran — resented this situation to no end.

Something else had also added to the fire. He had sent some of his powerful seniors to formally gain control over Tian Xiang City’s underworld a few nights ago. However, they had unexpectedly been attacked the same night, and had been forced to retreat. And, the Jin Yang gang had engulfed the entire underworld as a result.

The Jin Yang gang had already become the biggest group in Tian Xiang’s underworld. In fact, they didn’t have any competitors.

[Senior Brother Lei Jian Hong and Senior Sister Fang Piao Hong fought the enemies tonight. These two Sky Xuan experts battled the counterparts. Their enemies’ strength was indeed greater than my seniors, but these two senior-disciples have failed in the true sense. They become flustered, and lost all intention to fight-back. A Sky Xuan expert must at least be able to maintain their composure and status!] Li You Ran was especially angry at that point. And, the two seniors had also realized their problem. They were ashamed of letting their junior down, and asked him to let them leave. They wished to find Master Lei Wu Bei in order to discuss the countermeasures with him.

Li You Ran had readily agreed. He had naturally provided them with a great amount of money for their travels. He had politely seen them off to their journey as well. However, muttered curses had arisen from the usually calm Young Master Li You Ran’s mouth after the two left. He had suddenly raised his leg, and had smashed his family’s door with a kick...

He had already reached Jade Xuan realm. Therefore, he had become quite powerful. His ferocious kick had thoroughly destroyed the door.

It was a proper and incisive kick.

"Jin Yan Gang…? You think that I don’t know that you’re Jun Mo Xie’s people?" Li You Ran’s fists clenched. Then, his expression had gradually calmed down, and he had slowly loosened his fists. Suddenly, a gentle smile had stretched across his face. "Jun Mo Xie has left the Capital now. Do you think that I won’t be able to deal with you now? Do you think that I won’t be able to handle you now? I have many ricks. It would be hard to beat you head-on, but round-about ways can also achieve the same goal!"

The Young Master Jun’s blood had boiled during the ceremony of vows that had taken place before they had set out to war. This was the first time that he had felt like a hot-blooded heroic son of a military family. However, Jun Mo Xie had found himself unable to bear the military’s customs after merely half-a-day’s journey from the Capital. It was too much for him to take!

[That’s forbidden! That won’t do either!] Jun Mo Xie had later discovered walking without consent, and even laughing or speaking out-of-turn was improper in his third Uncle’s eyes.

Jun Wu Yi had stayed away from the military for more than ten years. But, this barbaric control of the army had brought victories in the past. He seemingly watched over those who weren’t pleasing to his eyes with a cold and scowling face, and acted against them with swift and decisive decisions. He would especially nitpick with the group of debauchees — headed by his own nephew — even more harshly for no reason since they weren’t pleasing to look at. So, if he saw one of them… he would scold that ‘one’ youngster. If he saw two of them… he would scold them both.

Therefore, it was fair and reasonable that Jun Mo Xie, Murong Qian Jun, Meng Hai Zhou, Meng Fei, Li Zhen, Li Feng, etc… these Young Masters of the various families were left to whine to no end.

Jun Mo Xie knew that his uncle would need strict authority over the military to hold the battle formations. For that, his uncle needed to establish his prestige. He would need to set-up the image of harsh and firm military discipline since that would ensure strict obedience when they marched into a battle. Could they possibly go to war if indiscipline was rife in the Army? That would be like marching to their death!

Therefore, Jun Wu Yi needed several ‘out of luck’ and ‘damnable’ scapegoats in order to establish his prestige.

It was a classic case of ‘killing one to warn the many’. He would set an example as a warning to others in order to implement military discipline.

However, Jun Mo Xie hadn’t expected that he would be the first ‘out of luck’ scapegoat.

This incident would sound rather melodramatic… Jun Mo Xie had been riding his horse, and had been fighting an urge to urinate for half-the-afternoon. He took a look around. They had left the city’s walls long ago. There were woods to his left, and farms to his right; some hamlets could be seen a little distance ahead. [The troops are advancing forward without a break. So, how do I deal with this?] This was an extremely difficult situation for the Young Master Jun. So, he swung his leg down his horse. Then, he stealthily slipped-away to some nearby trees. He untied his trousers, and let-out a single stream without any restraint.

There were several trees before his eyes. The magnificent army was marching forward behind him; very close behind him. In fact, they were so close to the trees that the men at the extreme opposite side of this procession of troops could stretch their hand, and fish-out a bird’s eggs…

Therefore, the Young Master Jun let out his urinary stream in a highly spirited and invigoratingly straight line.

He had burst-out to his heart’s content. Then, he shook ‘it’ quickly after he was finished. He was about to pull-up his trousers. But, he suddenly realized that two hands had been placed on his shoulders.

"You’ve separated from the formation without permission. You’ve ignored the army’s disciple, and you’ve disrupted the public morals by urinating in front of everyone! Young General, we request that you come with us," Two Military Police personnel arrived like heavenly troops, and caught Jun Mo Xie red-handed.

"What… doesn’t that sound unreasonable, ah? I obviously have my back to everyone. So, how can you say that I was urinating in front of them?" Jun Mo Xie contended on strong grounds. However, the two ‘impartial’ law officials grabbed him, and took him with them. The pitiful Young Master Jun didn’t even get time to pull-up his trousers! His ‘thing’ was somewhat discernable to prying eyes. He was seized, and brought under the graceful banner of Jun Wu Yi.

The results were good, and Jun Wu Yi — the commander from the Jun family — put on a show in front of his headquarters. He ceremoniously punished Jun Mo Xie at the official gates with the serious penalty of twenty lashings with truncheons.

If the punishment was too heavy for this crime… then no one called it ‘heavy’. And, if it was lenient… then no one called it that either. No one asked mercy for Jun Mo Xie. But, that was only natural. Everyone knew that Commander Jun had found an excuse to put on a display. Moreover, the Young Master Jun didn’t have friendly relations with anyone there.

Most real men don’t cry in such situations. However, Jun Mo Xie nearly wept. He looked up and clenched his teeth as he said, "Third Uncle, you are ‘using your authority to bring about order’. It is this little nephew’s bad luck that he had erred a little… but, this is the first time ah…"

"Silence! We’re general and subordinate in the army camp. I’m not your Third Uncle. And, you’re not my nephew. Deputy General, you’ve spoken rudely, and you’ve disrupted the army’s discipline. Add ten more hits to his penalty!" Third Master Jun’ expression was serious.

Young Master Jun clearly understood that he dare not utter another word. He was sure that he would be hit many more times if he spoke-up again.

The truncheon crackled thirty times, and everyone kept quiet. Many debauchees were present there to witness; old and young. They reveled in his misfortune, but they didn’t speak a word. That itself was a desired result.

However, Commander Jun was aware of his nephews’ skills. It would’ve seemed that Jun Mo Xie had suffered serious injuries when one looked at his posterior turning all red-and-blue. However, it wasn’t a big deal in reality. In fact, it wouldn’t have harmed him much even if he had been struck three hundred times; let alone thirty times. However, he had just caught his nephew red-handed after the military operations had already started. And so, he hit upon an idea. [This kid erred. He’s extremely undisciplined. This isn’t a good thing.] The Jun Family was a family of generals at the end of the day. So, he had decided to use that opportunity to carefully temper his nephews’ temperament. This would be important in laying out a foundation in case he had to lead troops into battle in the future.

As a matter of fact… this idea’s origin could be barely credited to Jun Wu Yi. Grandpa Jun had exhorted him to ferociously train Jun Mo Xie before they had departed for war. In other words, he had been given this license by Grandpa Jun himself. So, the Third Master Jun had prepared himself to ill-treat his nephew in an unrestrained manner.

However, it was still a bit too much for the youngster’s first act of indiscipline.

Jun Mo Xie covered his buttocks after he had received that lashing of thirty truncheons, and walked out of the Commander’s tent with his teeth gnashed. Then, he started to look around for someone he didn’t like.

"Ah! Is that the all-powerful Jun Family’s Third Young Master? What’s with that expression? Is this the first time the Commander has educated you? He he he… Third Young Master Jun, you look very handsome when you cover your butts with your hands! This Young Master really admires you!" Jun Mo Xie had been his rival-in-love over Princess Ling Meng in the days gone by. So, the Murong Family’s Young Master — Murong Qian Jun — peculiarly shook his shoulders in an exaggerated manner. In fact, it seemed that he was deliberately making a crackling sound of laughter. Meng Hai Zhou and others were present in the vicinity as well. They roared with laughter at this.

Jun Mo Xie didn’t say a thing. He simply walked-over and stationed himself in front of Murong Qian Jun. Then, he suddenly snatched a pike from a soldier who stood beside him. He then used it as a truncheon, and rained-down attacks on the opposite party. He drilled-in an attack with that pike-truncheon at a very fast speed.

[This Young Master had found no place to vent his belly full of anger. Yet, you still dared to provoke me? Are trying to court your bad luck?]

[This is what they call ‘intolerable’!]

[This Young Master Jun – at the very least — won’t tolerate it!]

What else could Murong Qian Jun expect? The other party had erred, and had broken the army’s discipline. And then, the former had still tried to ‘take his case’ in front of their peers. However, he had been caught off-guard by the Young Master Jun’s retaliation.

He wouldn’t have been able to avoid it even if he had been prepared for it. He was struck by the truncheon. His eyes instantly filled with a golden light, and stars started to glitter in front of them.

The Murong family’s skulls were rather perfect in their bone-structure. The pike hit him dead in the center, and broke off. Murong Qian Jun’s skull was perfect, but his forehead was even superior in quality. A red lump — the size of a finger, and as thick as an egg — rose-up right in the center of his forehead at a visibly astonishing speed. In fact, it even made a ‘whooshing’ sound. It erected straight-up like a unicorn’s horn.

"Oh? Isn’t this the graceful and elegant Young Master Murong? Is that a pen*s on his head? Don’t tell me that this is his innate talent? Is it possible that his ‘thing’ isn’t inside his pants, but on his forehead instead? It’s a pity… such a pity that there’s only one egg to it. But, it has a very graceful shape. In fact, it is unrivalled all throughout the land. It is genuinely unprecedented. I truly admire it!" Jun Mo Xie burst out laughing as he made a gesture with his head. His gesture couldn’t be considered as ‘lame’ in front of that shape on Murong Qian Jun’s head. Then, he threw away the now-half-pike, and left with long strides.

He had exported his Qi in this strike. So, that the pike hit Murong Qian Jun with just the precise amount of strength, and his skin didn’t break. However, this caused his forehead to swell to its maximum extent, and created an ‘amazing and astonishing’ effect.

Everyone who heard that remark turned to look — only to find a lump on Murong Qian Jun’s forehead. It was erect, and amazingly resembled a pen*s. It looked like an especially rare one since it somewhat lacked in length. But, it was of perfect thickness, and had a remarkable likeness in all other respects. It had been imitated to perfection, and was very lifelike!

Chapter 316: The Malignant Tumor Serves as the Vanguard

Translator: Novel Saga Editor: Novel Saga
"Hahaha..." Everyone who witnessed this funny and extremely strange scene couldn’t help but laugh heartily. Murong Qian Jun had come to taunt Jun Mi Xie's debauchee like behavior. But, he was smiling through his running nose and eyes as well. In fact, he held his stomach the whole time.

The vicinity was brimming with great and experienced men. They had all been married, and knew what Jun Mo Xie’s remark and gestures meant. Moreover, this kind of vulgarity had been rather common throughout their military life. However, this sudden act by Jun Mo Xie had unexpectedly been rather funny.

Even the battlefield-commanders couldn’t help the corners of their mouth draw into a smile. And then, their mouths opened as they burst out into laughter. They laughed loudly at first. Then, they realized that it was improper to do so. So, they tried to restrain themselves. However, they soon realized that it was no use. So, they started to laugh in an unrestrained manner.

However, Murong Qian Jun soon found himself in confusion since he was unaware of the real joke. The Murong Family's laughing stock had merely felt an unbearable pain on his head, but didn’t know anything about the ‘unbridled transformation’ that had taken place on it. He couldn't help but get angry as he asked, "Is this that funny? He has attacked a fellow soldier inside the army camp. It could be said that he has committed a grave crime! This Young Master... this General demands that a report of this matter goes to the Commander-in-Chief so that Jun Mo Xie gets severe punishment! Hey! What’re you laughing at? What’s so funny?"

The lone pen*s-like lump on his head had started to glitter bright-red in the sunlight. In fact, it had expanded, and had gained more strength. Moreover, the blood that surged upwards through his head which made ‘it’ seem even more sinister and towering as he seemingly got angrier. The lump had transformed the man's ‘elegant’ face in its entirety. He spoke in a very serious tone, but the effect became increasingly comical.

He had asked everyone to restrain themselves. But, they weren't able to change their outer appearance, and continued to laugh. Everyone held their bellies as they started to roll around on the ground, "Ah! This is extremely funny! I will die! Kindly forgive me. Hahaha..."

Jun Wu Yi and the other high-ranking officers hurriedly arrived after they received the news of this event. They became extremely angry for a moment after they saw the disturbance. However, they then saw that peculiar lump on Murong Qian Jun's head, and felt like bursting out into laughter. However, they suddenly remembered that it wasn’t proper to laugh in this situation. So, they quickly restrained themselves. But, they were unable to make it work, and their smiling expressions still rose to the surface. Soon, everyone started to choke in attempts to restrain themselves. Even the constantly solemn Commander Jun wasn’t an exception.

Jun Mo Xie wasn’t going to have a lucky escape. He was punished again. Commander Jun was extremely angry. He nearly had the little beast imprisoned.

[This is too much trouble. What can we do in this matter?]

[This is the ‘legendary’ trouble-spreading evil spirit!]

However, the trouble-spreading evil spirit clearly wasn’t done yet. This was because the event still hadn’t concluded.

Two sides collided that very same evening after the encampment had been set up. The Murong Family’s Guards were out to avenge their Young Master. So, they clashed with Jun Mo Xie's two-hundred-and-fifty men.

Jun Mo Xie was helpless as far as this figure of merely 250 was concerned. He would’ve been happier if even one more man would’ve been able to join. However, his men had sustained severe injuries in their previous assignment. So, four of his men were unable to join them. However, the remaining 250 men weren’t hindered by the condition of their injuries, and were fit to accompany him. Therefore, he had ordered them to enlist in the military for the glory and honor. However, Jun Mo Xie was depressed that they weren’t able to train properly because of the army’s routine.

[I guess I’ll only have to make do with these 250. Well, it’s 250 plus me. So, that makes it 251. This will drive this Young Master Mad. We should each grab a person’s leg and break it. But, that doesn’t sound right ah. It would be pretty stupid if we break only one leg each ah. We should at least break two legs each. That’s not enough either ah… After all, it’s 251 of us ah! Let’s beat them up properly then!]

The outcome of the conflict was a huge upset. It caused many people to drop their spectacles. Those mere 250 turned out to be very fierce and tough. They attacked the 500 Murong Family’s Guards, and beat them to a complete rout. The victims were obviously left to grumble endlessly since they were unspeakably cruel. In fact, over ten of the Murong Guards had been genuinely maimed.

This gave rise to a lot of anger. Numerous influential families accused Jun Mo Xie. And, he retaliated measure-for-measure. It seemed that there would be another bloody conflict soon.

Jun Wu Yi realized that his father’s expectations were utter fantasy; same as his own. Jun Mo Xie was a troublemaker in the army. In fact, he was like a malignant tumor. So, it would be best to remove him as fast as possible. The rotten fish would ruin the entire dish if he were to remain there for long.

[The afternoon has barely passed. Even a day’s time isn’t yet over. Evening time hasn’t even set properly, and the sky still hasn't darkened. And yet, this youngster has already obtained three punishments. Moreover, this kid is committing all offenses that shouldn’t be committed. He would’ve already been beheaded twice if I were to treat him according to the military’s law.]

Therefore, after another round of beating was ordered as punishment. It was followed by a lengthy and severe reprimanding tirade...

"You and your 250 men will get a special assignment." Jun Wu Yi stated, "You brat, you will get a special assignment to redeem yourself in light of performance. The special order for Jun Mo Xie is that — he will clear the way for the vanguard. He will open paths in mountains, and bridge streams. And, he will be held responsible if the army suffers any damage in this journey because of his negligence!"

Jun Mo Xie felt that he had been granted amnesty when he heard his special punishment. Jun Mo Xie was so delighted that he clasped his hands in the air like a common man who had achieved his life's dream. He replied in an opera-like dramatic tone. In fact, he got so dramatic that he nearly sung out his acceptance, "I needed... ah... this assignment..."

He then raised his hands like a goose's wings. Then, he started to circle-around. He flew half a circle. Then, he took a couple of steps as if he was passing over an obstacle. Then, he quickened his pace, and flew out of the tent.

The men in the tent couldn’t help but stare. They couldn’t help but burst out laughing. [Is this the Jun Family's sole member of the third generation? Is he really the descendant of a military family?]

Commander Jun Wu Yi was a loss. He had no choice but to think of the following two words — Family misfortune.

Jun Mo Xie took his Third Uncle's gloom into account. [I’ve made a very shitty name for myself in the army’s way of life. I’ve received three severe beating in just half-a-days’ time. Moreover, there was no argument that I could’ve used in my favor to prevent these punishments. It would take about a month to reach Tian Fa. Whether I had lived or died… whether I had lost face or didn't… one thing was for sure — the Iron Butt would’ve reached miraculous heights.]

[I’ve been given the responsibility to be a trail-opener from this moment onwards. I’m not very proficient at opening roads, or bridging streams. But, any robber we encounter along the way will be dealt with effectively. Not a single shall remain!]

[This is such a great opportunity to train my troops!]

Jun Mo Xie accepted the orders since he feared a change of command from the Commander. Then, he quickly ordered his 250 men to strike camp the same evening. They then disappeared into the darkness like a sharp arrow… just as Commander Jun had ordered. The 250+1 men disappeared without a trace.

Two days later, Commander Jun Wu Yi discovered that it was a brilliant decision to send Jun Mo Xie as a vanguard. In fact, it was an amazing and wise decision that could make for a great legend.

The best way to employ a person’s true talent is to place them in the right position.

The journey became extremely smooth. The army’s march had started to seem like a site-seeing tour. They followed Jun Mo Xie's vanguard unit. So, there was no need for them to be frightened since there was no danger up ahead. As for the officials along the way — they welcomed the army heartily in fear of the reception not being satisfactory. And, they even came forward and gave some the military some supply materials. There was no case of embezzlement.

Jun Mo Xie initiated a thorough sweep to completely wipe-out the bandits. In fact, he even went 200kms beyond the official route to deal with them. This vanguard unit led by Jun Mo Xie wiped out all the bandits throughout the journey!

The entire journey was bloody; a hundred percent bloody.

The Young Master Jun's ‘Heaven Destroyer Team’ and ‘Spirit Devourer Team’ had used this bloody journey to accustom themselves to purely bloody conflicts.

These two-hundred-and-fifty men had been killing throughout the journey. Let alone Jun Mo Xie… even Jun Wu Yi could well-imagine the scene of the murderous aura that would be cultivated by the time they’d reach Tian Fa.

[Murderous aura and the bloody-lust are destined to become a part of those two platoon' souls!]

The passage through the first province was still acceptable to Jun Wu Yi. However, the passage through the second province was different. Jun Wu Yi looked at the Magistrate, and it literally seemed to him as if the man was a war-weary comrade who was about to start complaining about the women in the brothels.

However, the Magistrate looked at Jun Wu Yi with a strange expression in his eyes. It seemed as if he had just gotten to see his ‘mother’ after a long period of separation. No… it should be ‘father’.

His face was full of tears and snot.

The Magistrate sounded a bit off as well. Jun Mo Xie’s buttocks had started to ache from sitting on a saddle by the time he had reached the Magistrate’s province. And thus, this Magistrate’s parade had started…

First, the Young Master Jun wanted a carriage. What's more… he wanted it to be extremely luxurious. And, he wanted it completed in a days’ time. Further, he wanted the work’s progress-reported every hour. However, the Young Master didn’t stop here. He also displayed the amazingly erudite accounting skills that he had acquired in his previous life. He settled the entirety of the Magistrate's accounts… accounts which had been compounding over the years.

This full-grown man of a Magistrate trembled in fear. He summoned artisans from near and far. He ordered them to build a carriage with the utmost caution and the harshest of adherence to standards. He ordered them to produce a carriage which offered the most comfortable ride and fast speeds. Thereafter, he was able to present an extremely luxurious carriage to Jun Mo Xie within the stipulated time.

Moreover, the material required to produce this carriage had been purchased with the money this Magistrate had coveted from the province’s treasury over the years. In fact, the cost of production was so extravagant that the Magistrate was forced to borrow money.

The pitiful Magistrate trembled with fear as he came to Jun Mo Xie's vanguard unit to report the completion of the build. Jun Mo Xie was holding the accounts book at the time. In fact, he was treating it as a fan. He wished to educate that one man in all sincerity.

"I say Fei Zhu Chang..." This person's name was Fie Zhu Chang! It meant fat pig's intestines… The Young Master Jun found it hard to deal with this. He couldn't help clicking his tongue. [It’s a big world, but there’s nothing weirder than this name. This guy’s parents must’ve been on a whole new level!]

"Aren't you too unprofessional? The so-called Heavenly Emperor had made you a Magistrate five years ago. And, you could only rake-in less than fifty thousand silver taels? This is extremely disappointing. Damn! Being corrupt will do you no good. No wonder… you’re forty years old, and still a mere trash Magistrate! Five years of your greed and corruption has stained this land. Have you gobbled-up that carriage of mine as well? Is that what you’re here to tell me?" Jun Mo Xie shook his head and sighed. It was evident that misfortune and fury was about to befall the man.

"I, yes... the General is right. This Magistrate is very incompetent," the Magistrate replied. He wiped the cold sweat off his face as he trembled in fear. However, he complained in his heart. [My holy ancestors ah! The carriage and its wheels are made from a hundred year old red sandalwood. The interiors are inlaid with four types of pearls. And, I’ve paid for this with my own money. The red sandalwood I could purchase wasn’t enough… So, you tore out my family's door and my bed’s planks. What else do you want? Why do you still bring-up my acts of corruption? My Family has become poor and wretched, and my butt has been soaked in debt. Yet, you still won’t allow me to live in peace?]

Chapter 317: Two Girls — Two Problems

Translator: Novel Saga Editor: Novel Saga
"Alas, the Qing prefecture’s Governor has garnered hundreds-of-thousand in silver taels from the last three years’ harvest. Unfortunately, this Magistrate has only raked in fifty-thousand in the past five years! You’re a good for nothing!" Jun Mo Xie continued to sigh.

[You yourself said that the prefecture’s Governor raked-in hundreds-of-thousands. But, I’m just a Province-magistrate. There are tens-of-thousands of Province-Magistrates under his jurisdiction. Isn’t my position… very different from the Prefecture-Governor’s?] Fei Zhu Chang continued to complain within his heart. However, his outer appearance was reverent and respectful as he listened to the Great Vanguard Jun admonish him.

"Anyway, it doesn’t matter. Maybe you’ve gained knowledge after falling into the moat. Perhaps, you’ll know what to do when this Young Master returns. This Young Master is likely to return from Tian Fa in two months. And, I fear that I won’t be able to sit in this carriage then. You must pay special attention to time over these two months. Tax the people brutally, and embezzle as much money as quickly as you can. And, there should be a better carriage waiting when this Young Master returns. You must start the preparations early. You mustn’t have to rush-about like this. Opportunities are always set aside for those who are prepared…!" the Young Master Jun stated.

Fei Zhu Chang dropped down to the ground, and banged his head against it. He started to cry, and his gurgling voice came out, "Young General! This lowly Magistrate won’t dare! He will repent for his past mistakes, and turn a new leaf! This Magistrate will mend his mistaken ways, and get back on the correct path! This prodigal son will return to the path of righteousness! I will repent and start afresh; I shall begin my life anew! I will firmly work my heart-out for the benefit of the people! This lowly man will strive to do the utmost. He shall leave no stone unturned in this regard…"

"You’re very cultured! You’ve actually spoken so many idioms! Say more of them! Maybe I’ll become compassionate and show mercy… and what not," Jun Mo Xie laughed and sang out those words as he looked at him in a praiseworthy manner.

Fei Zhu Chang kowtowed in adulation. He had decided that he would rather die than remain unchanged. The man had decided that he would become an honest and upright Magistrate; a good Magistrate. [I cannot remain a corrupt official anymore! I now know the sufferings of a corrupt official…]

[I regret my past behavior... Will I have to make another chariot for this man if he returns in two months?]

[I will weep rivers in my heart!]

[I reckon I’ll lose my life if I cry in his presence…]

[I must call my subordinate officials, and I must tell them to cease their corrupt governance. I must tell them to become honest and upright… to serve the people…]

The Young Master Jun had fiercely plundered the region for bandits again. He had previously sent out the Spirit Devourer Team. They had returned carrying someone’s head. The blood was dripping on the ground with a "pitter-patter" sound. The blood dripped all over the Magistrate’s official lobby. It practically terrified the pitiful Fei Zhu Chang; in fact, he nearly fainted.

[This is a person’s head… damn me! How many of these are there in total…]

Jun Mo Xie’s vanguard-unit ate their fill. They then patted their posteriors and left once they had sufficiently extorted the man. Fei Zhu Chang raised his head in hope. He hoped to see Jun Wu Yi’s forces soon. This was because the Young Master Jun had told him, "I will return and make you build another carriage if there any problem with the army’s supplies. And, I will break the new carriage if it’s not good enough. Also, the quality of the supplies will be decided by Commander Jun Wu Yi. So, you consider all of this properly, got it…?"

Therefore, Fei Zhu Chang’s overenthusiasm made the hair on the back of Jun Wu Yi’s neck stand on an end. [What’s with this person?]

Meanwhile, Jun Mo Xie continued to lead his two-hundred-and-fifty men — ‘Heaven Destroyer Team’ and ‘Spirit Devourer Team’ — down the road to the south in high spirits. There seemingly wasn’t a need to open mountain paths or bridge streams. However, they spread a reign of terror along their route.

He painstakingly tempered them throughout the journey in a bloody manner. Their strength increased by leaps and bounds, and they made extremely rapid progress. The temperament of each man was becoming increasingly murderous. Each one of them was like an evil demon that had been let loose from the very depths of hell. Their expressions were ruthless — so was their aura. And, both these traits were clearly visible on the surface. They were like a frightening team of meat-grinders on the battlefield.

Such a force naturally moved with lightning speed. The teams were sent out every day to deal with the bandits. They would go one team at a time as per the duty roster. However, the teams had a competition between them — to efficiently clean-up the hostiles, and eliminate them swiftly with great speed. Not a single opponent was to slip through their net. The team that would lose didn’t suffer a very severe punishment. In fact, the punishment that was meted-out could even be called ‘an easy one’… The team that was defeated in this competition had to wash the winner’s underwear from the previous day; nothing more.

This competition led the men in those two teams to view the bandits as doubly-effective aphrodisiac. Or, perhaps delicious and fat pigs since they’d charge like wolves and tigers, and would chop their prey like melons…

The penalty wasn’t a big deal, but their reputation was…

Jun Mo Xie’s vanguard had put a distance of 400km from the main army by the noon of the fifth day. Jun Mo Xie was seated leisurely inside the lead carriage, and it was being drawn by six horses. The carriage was quite spacious. It was two meters wide and three-and-a-half meters long. A small bed was placed inside. Yet, it still had enough space for a small wooden side-table. In fact, there was enough space to prompt Jun Mo Xie to call-in a meeting inside his carriage.

However, Jun Mo Xie had only done so once. Moreover, he hadn’t even completed half of it when he was forced to call the meeting to an end. Not because of any major problems… it was just that the men had been traversing through the mountain passes the entire day. The soldiers were attired in clothes and shoes, but the smell of their feet was extremely pungent. It was capable of making people tumble. This was especially the case in this nearly fully-sealed carriage. That smell was similar to that of a salted fish which had been fried. It had taken Jun Mo Xie a full day to rid his carriage of that smell after the meeting had concluded prematurely.

"Young Master, please open… there are some people ahead. They are blocking the way," the man to speak was the head of the ‘Spirit Devourer Team’; Wang Dong.

[These people must be extremely savage to leave a homicidal maniac like the ‘Spirit Devourer Team’s’ chief to stammer…]

"Blocking the way? Bullsh*t! Who in Tian Xiang Empire dares to block this Young Master’s path?" Jun Mo Xie asked in surprise. He then first lifted the carriage’s curtains, and then jumped down to see the people who had been audacious-enough to do such a thing.

Jun Mo Xie got out of the carriage to look. Then, something caught his attention. He then gasped. [My God! No wonder Wang Dong was stuttering!]

[Unexpectedly...]

The scene in front wasn’t too terrifying. There were two divinely beautiful women in front; nothing more. One charming person was dressed in purple clothes. She was extremely adorable and tender in appearance. She held a snow-white leopard cub. The tiny leopard cub looked at Jun Mo Xie and winked. He, it stuck out its tongue. It badly wanted to throw itself into Jun Mo Xie's arms.

The other woman wore a white dress. She had charming, cold and proud face. She was extremely beautiful. She had a graceful posture, and an unrivalled disposition.

The two beautiful figures looked at Jun Mo Xie with a satisfied expression that was akin to a cat's after it had caught a mouse.

Those two women were Guan Qing Han and Dugu Xiao Yi.

Jun Mo Xie groaned. He felt that he’d faint.

This was too big a shock!

[No wonder I didn't see these two pester me for the two days before we left for the battle! I was mistaken to think that I had convinced them, but they had left home early in reality! And now, they're waiting for me here!]

[What do I do?!]

Young Master Jun felt regret at holding the position of the Vanguard for the first time…

In fact, he had many regrets… [How come these two scalding hot potatoes fell into my hands? I... my life is a disaster!]

[Why did I have to opt for this Vanguard Unit? Why could I have just followed the main army like a good boy? What troubles could’ve my Third Uncle’s command have possible posed? But, now… I can shout for days and no one will come to my aid… I could shout my lungs out and it would still be in vain…]

[This is the route to Tian Fa! This isn't a road for some vacation destination!]

Jun Mo Xie didn’t know what he should say. What could he possibly say in such a pinch of a situation?

The Young Master Jun restlessly turned his head back. He hoped that Jun Wu Yi would arrive from behind the smoke… that his Uncle would lead their army of twenty thousand and drop from the sky to save him from that fiery cauldron.

[That’s too extravagant a hope… The distance between our two sides is over 400km at the least… there isn't enough time.]

"Don't look like that. It's useless to look like that. We had made proper enquiries, and we’ve come here to wait for you," Guan Qing Han spoke indifferently as she looked at him. "You can come out of the carriage. Xiao Yi and I will travel in it. You can ride on the horse. You don't object to it, right?"

Jun Mo Xie became speechless for a while.

[Does this seem like an amiable discussion? Would I have an objection? Would I dare to have any objection? Isn't this what you call ‘tyrannical behavior’? As a matter of fact… this is exactly what it is. My behavior with that Fei Zhu Chang was far more straightforward than the conduct of this magnate of a woman. She’s overtaking my carriage… This is exactly like the ‘legendary turtledove taking over the magpie's nest’ scenario!]

The members of the Spirit Devourer Team were secretly sniggering. Jun Mo Xie glanced at them in rage. That made the sniggering stop in an instant, and they started to gaze straight-ahead with a solemn look on their faces.

"Ke ke…" Jun Mo Xie cleared his throat, and prepared to use his honeyed tongue. He aimed to convince the seemingly beautiful women to return to the right path. "Listen to me Elder Sister-in-law and furthermore… Young Lady Dugu..."

"Elder Brother Mo Xie, aren't you pleasantly surprised to see me? Isn't this quite unexpected? Don’t you wish to hug me? I know! I clearly understand that this is what it is about!" Dugu Xiao Yi was all smiles. She suddenly jumped in front of Jun Mo Xie, tilted her head and smiled.

Little White still felt like throwing himself in Jun Mo Xie's arms. However, the eldest daughter of the Dugu Family restrained herself for the sake of her modesty. Little White was already jumping-about, but Dugu Xiao Yi wanted to wait for Jun Mo Xie to take the initiative before she threw herself at him.

[Pleasantly surprised?]

[I feel frightened. And, yes this incident is very unexpected… And hug you? I feel like spanking your small butt.] Then, Jun Mo Xie glanced at her butt, and reckoned that it couldn’t be considered very small. He wondered how it would feel if he were to spank it a couple of times…

Jun Mo Xie subtly indulged in flights of fancies for a while. Then, he came back to himself, and resolutely tried to make those two women go back. His complexion sank as he became very dignified, "Elder Sister-in-law, Young Lady Dugu… you’re worried about us. And I — as a representative of all the personnel of the Tian Fa expedition’s army — am very grateful. However, the road to Tian Fa passes through long and dangerous mountains. There are many bandits about. And, this road is also rampaging with man-eating beasts! Further, you two are single ladies. So, it will be very inappropriate to travel that far with you. Therefore, this man humbly requests you to return to the Tian Xiang City."

[Speaking of single… these two have come without any hand-maids! They think that this is a stroll in the park with beverages that are paid with public expenses?! We're genuinely going to a war here!]

"You give it a try, and I’ll see who dares to send us back," Guan Qing Han stated uncaringly as she looked at him coldly.

"Brother Mo Xie, do you really have the heart to send us back after we’ve made our way till here?" Dugu Xiao Yi wasn’t as confident as Guan Qing Han. So, she looked at him pitifully. The rims of her eyes had become red. It seemed that she would start to weep anytime, "Besides the distance from here to the Capital is more than five hundred kilometers. It’s such a long way back! What would you do if something happened to Elder Sister and me? The road is dangerous, and who can fathom a man's mind?"

"Don't follow me. Crying in front of me is useless!" Jun Mo Xie stated in an aloof manner. [I know the path is dangerous… Can't fathom a man's mind? You didn't take that into account when you set out? You think such a lie will work with this Young Master? How stupid do you think I am?]

Chapter 318: Turtledove Takes-over the Magpie’s Nest

Translator: Novel Saga Editor: Novel Saga
[This little girl’s acting is excellent. But, how can this Young Master be convinced by it? She’ll undergo a complete transformation the very next moment, and then she’ll become extremely bossy and domineering.]

[How could someone see a demon and still not fear of anything sinister?] Jun Mo Xie was obliged to ask this of himself since he had experienced her transformations before. [It would be very unreasonable if I were to get fooled again!]

"Tell me, do you still wish to send Elder Sister and me back to the Capital?" Dugu Xiao Yi opened her round eyes wide. They were pretty and big. Those round eyes were quite moving as well. However, they had begun to threaten, and their speed of change towards hostility had started to increase.

"My two sisters… your presence will only cause more problems. Tell me, what can you to do here? What are you capable of doing here? Would the two of you dare if it’s required that you kill someone?"

Then, Jun Mo Xie sneered in disdain, "I’m telling you… obediently return. We’re done with this topic. Otherwise, don’t blame me if I pack-you-up like rice balls and send you back! And, don’t ever think that I can’t do it! However, you two will lose face if that were to happen!"

"How dare you?!" the little girl rebuked and bared her white teeth. They were very prominent.

"Let it be Xiao Yi; there’s no need to request him. This man doesn’t have any sympathy in his heart," Guan Qing Han spoke unenthusiastically as she remained standing on her spot. She expressionlessly looked at Jun Mo Xie even though she was addressing Dugu Xiao Yi, "We’ll go without him. Haven’t we already travelled hundreds-of-kilometers till here by ourselves? Do we not have legs of our own? Can’t we make it to Tian Fa forest on our own?"

"Exactly! What are you acting so pretentious for? We’ll go on our own!" Dugu Xiao Yi raised her small chin, "Aren’t you just a deputy general? My family has better! Humph! I’ve come across many great generals. But, even they aren’t as arrogant as you!"

The two women turned and started to leave after they had ridiculed him. Jun Mo Xie was genuinely a bit anxious to see this happen. [I won’t be able to avoid the tongue lashing if I let these two go to Tian Fa alone… even if they reach there safely. My grandpa, Third Uncle, Grandpa Dugu and Dugu Wu Di… it’s unlikely that any one of them will let me off.] Jun Mo Xie could even guess their words, "You let these delicate women leave? You were at ease with the thought of these delicate girls travelling to the remote Tian Fa alone? What would you have done if something bad had happened? Nothing happened, but that isn’t the point!"

"Stop! Get them for me!" Jun Mo Xie gnashed his teeth and gave the command. Seven-to-eight Spirit Devourer Team’s members quickly set into action. They ruthlessly rushed forward, and blocked the two women’s path like iron towers. Then, Jun Mo Xie groaned and spoke, "You two better be obedient towards my commands! Things will go good for you only as long as you’re obedient! Humph! Otherwise…"

Jun Mo Xie stopped after he had spoken that. [Isn’t this akin to a strong and evil robber threatening a common woman?]

"Jun Mo Xie, I insist on going to Tian Fa. But, if you use force to compel me to stay behind… I promise that I will kill myself right here! I — Guan Qing Han — will kill myself in front of you! Do you think that I won’t dare to do it?" Guan Qing Han’s expression was complex. But, she quickly drew a glittering dagger, and brought it to her throat.

[Jun Mo Xie, the only reason I insist on going to Tian Fa… is for yours and Third Uncle’s sake. I don’t worry about you two that much. But, I worry that the Xue Hun Manor will make things difficult for you because of me. Why else would I travel so far to that remote Tian Fa Forest with you? Do you think that I’m the type of girl who doesn’t understand the severity of this matter?]

[You will disregard life and death for my sake. And, you wish to protect my innocence in spite of everything. Do you believe that I, Guan Qing Han, am a woman who forgets favors and does nothing while she sees you walk into the tiger’s den?]

[Do you think that only men can commit suicide in righteousness and we women can only drift along and live without purpose? It’s alright if things go smoothly in Tian Fa. But, if… then what will this Guan Qing Han do with her miserly life?]

Dugu Xiao Yi hadn’t turned to take a look at her companion. However, she figured that Guan Qing Han’s maneuver was seemingly useful. So, she became arrogant, and spoke with an air of complacency, "Right! We’ll commit suicide if you don’t let us go to Tian Fa! Do you think that we don’t do it? Humph… he he…"

She had never seen anyone who was about to kill themselves behave with such pride. Guan Qing Han’s words were very impassioned. However, the little girl had only laughed out since she hadn’t understood this at first. She then turned around to look at her companion, and was left speechless upon realizing her resolve…

Jun Mo Xie felt a severe headache. It seemed as if there was a conflict inside his head.

Perhaps Dugu Xiao Yi wished to watch the world burn in chaos. However, Guan Qing Han’s expression was very tranquil and calm. He could tell that she would actually proceed with her threat! He realized that he’d have to deal with her corpse if he didn’t allow her to leave for Tian Fa.

[I can’t gamble on this. I can’t even dare to gamble on this!]

"You win!" Jun Mo Xie fixed an unwavering gaze at Young Lady Guan. Then, he sighed with regret. The Young Master Jun was confident that he could’ve done something to salvage that situation if it were only the little girl. [However, my Elder Sister-in-law has too much of an individuality. I can’t afford to provoke her!] Young Master Jun felt sullen in his heart. He had seemingly never felt this sullen in either of his lives. He then spoke with regret and hate, "Give them two horses. They will travel on horses!"

"That’s all the same to me…" Guan Qing Han narrowed her wonderful eyes and looked down. Then, she finally smiled. She had only asked to travel to Tian Fa. She was indifferent to the treatment she’d receive. Moreover, it was quite clear that Jun Mo Xie had taken a great risk by allowing them to accompany him. The military doctrines forbid the soldiers to travel along with a female to battle. It was a taboo in the military since there would be threats to their life at every turn.

"We must travel by carriage!" The little girl was young and inexperienced. So, she didn’t realize any of this. She was happy to hear that the Young Master Jun had finally relented, and had allowed them to travel with him. However, she looked at him pouting-and-panting with rage when she heard the Young Master hadn’t invited them to get inside his carriage, and had instead proposed to arrange two horses for them. Then, she looked at his beautiful carriage again, and started to feel tired. Her spine, her hip… there wasn’t a single part of her body which didn’t ache at the sight of the luxurious carriage.

"Impossible! I'm allowing you to come with us, and that should be good enough for the two of you. Yet, you unexpectedly wish to travel inside the carriage?" Jun Mo Xie snorted disdainfully. "I would love it if you don’t like to travel like this... I can arrange for my men to drop you back if you don't wish to travel like this. C'mon men! Get the horses!"

"You, you… alright!" Dugu Xiao Yi was flustered as she pointed at him. Her eyes turned, and she quickly took out her dagger. She placed it across her neck. "You, you… I will kill myself in front of you if you don’t let me travel inside the carriage! Do you think that I won’t dare to?!"

The little girl had seen Guan Qing Han extort the other party with a death threat. So, she had acted decisively and imitated the same. And, the little girl had added to the momentum of that act in order to make the result more effective. This was an extremely effective trick. So, how could she not use it?

[I won’t fear using a good and useful trick again. It’s very useful!]

Who would’ve thought that this little girl would say, "Do you think that I won’t dare?" So, there was a burst of chuckles as soon as those words left her mouth since the surrounding soldiers were trying hard to restrain their urge to laugh. The shoulders of those grim and unfeeling warriors shook vigorously. It was clear indication that they were genuinely having a tough time in restraining their laughter.

One really could not blame them. That little girl’s qualities were too lacking for something like this. In fact, even an individual playing ‘clown’ wasn’t as amusing. Guan Qing Han had also threatened to kill herself. But, her threat was very believable. Then, Dugu Xiao Yi had imitated her. Moreover, she had done so right after. But, it was nothing like what the former had spoken. Moreover, her excuse to commit suicide was a bit too excessive. She would kill herself if she wasn’t allowed to ride in the carriage?

Jun Mo Xie rolled his eyes, "Do as you please. But, I sincerely request you to go a bit far and die. Kindly don’t disturb our eyes and hearts. I genuinely request you. This request isn’t excessive, right?"

Sister, if you feel like threatening people with killing yourself… at least pick a proper reason to die for… Otherwise, won’t it become too unfavorable if we all started to threaten each other for useless reasons? I’ll die if you don’t let me in. I’ll die if you don’t let me eat. I’ll die if you don’t let me hit you… what is all this?

"You… you’re just too hateful!" Dugu Xiao Yi stamped her feet. Then, she steamed towards the carriage without saying a word, lifted the curtains, and entered it. And, she didn’t come out. Then, she shouted from inside the carriage, "Elder Sister Qing Han, hurry up and come here! It’s quite spacious inside! And, there’s a comfortable bed too… he he…"

This move had been the most practical one…

The Young Master Jun became furious.

[This is intolerable! Where will I go if you’re in there? This Young Master had captured that corrupt official with such difficulty… only then was I able to extort a carriage from him! So much of thought had gone into it! Does it look that easy to you? Are you genuinely going to plunder the results of my efforts? Humph!]

Jun Mo Xie took a huge step forward and grabbed Dugu Xiao Yi’s arm, "You, come down!"

"…Won’t get down! I won’t get down! I will travel in this carriage!" Dugu Xiao Yi used her other hand to get a hold on the inner walls of the carriage. She had decided to struggle furiously. Her face had become red. However, she had decided that she wouldn’t let go for the life of her.

A white shadow flashed. Then, an elegant fragrance floated past. Guan Qing Hand had also managed to get inside the carriage. She then swatted at Jun Mo Xie’s hand and retorted, "Fighting with a woman over a carriage! Is this what a Young Master from a good family does?"

Jun Mo Xie angrily said, "What? I’m fighting over a carriage? What are you saying? It’s evident that you women are fighting over my carriage! Do you think that this Young Master will suffer in silence? You both are merely twisting words to force logic! Isn’t this extremely unreasonable?"

Guan Qing Han no longer humored Jun Mo Xie. She reached for the carriage’s curtains, and pulled them down. Then, there was a ‘rustling’ sound. It seemed that the two women had lain down on the bed. It seemed that they had even changed their clothes, and were about to go off to sleep. One could even hear Dugu Xiao Yi’s satisfied voice, "This is very comfortable! We can finally go to bed in comfort…"

Jun Mo Xie puffed his chest, and bawled at himself for his stupidity. [I was trying to put facts in front of women… I was trying to preach logic to women… wasn’t that utterly idiotic? But, I can’t get them out since my Sister-in-law had also stepped into the carriage… no matter how unruly I get. I’ll have to stay out here no matter how reluctant I am to this idea…]

The troops continued to move forward. They had been moving for half-a-day when Jun Mo Xie suddenly started to tremble. His horse was extremely big and powerful, but it wasn’t as comfortable as the carriage. He then hatefully turned his head to look at it. Then, he frowned and started to plan something mischievous.

Jun Mo Xie let out a blood-curdling screech the next moment. He tilted on his horse, and went down. He fell onto the ground with a ‘squishy’ sound. His eyes were closed, and he had seemingly become unconscious.

The soldiers were alarmed at first. However, they were no fools; they clearly understood what was happening. So, they played along, "Not good! The Young Master has fainted! His injury isn’t in a good condition… that sounds!" they called out in a tragic voice.

[The injury isn’t in good condition?]

The ‘fainted’ Jun Mo Xie was astonished. [When did I get injured? Ahem… but this is reasonable… I must praise and reward these guys the first opportunity I get…] Then, he winked at them.

"What’s the matter?" Dugu Xiao Yi lifted the carriage’s curtains and asked. She seemed deeply concerned, while Guan Qing Han only looked at the ‘fainted’ Jun Mo Xie in a pensive manner.

Chapter 319: The Yin-Yang Harmony Drug?

Translator: Novel Saga Editor: Novel Saga
"Young Master… Young Master had received an injury… he can’t ride a horse now… that’s why he got this carriage!" The leader of the Spirit Devourer Team — Wang Dong’s forehead was beading with sweat. It wasn’t that he was scared. He was merely choking himself to bring out this effect. This guy had come up with a lie. But, wasn’t it a reasonable one? He was a quick witted man. He was aware that the Young Master’s buttocks had been punished when he had broken the military’s laws. So, he quickly used that fact to conjure a justifiable lie.

"Hurry and pick up the Young Master. Quickly take him to the carriage and examine him!" Several members of the Spirit Devourer Team suggested ‘anxiously.’ They appeared like a group of killers, but their acting skills were quite good too.

Dugu Xiao Yi hastily got down, "Let me see! Quickly, let me see! Ah! Hurry up and take him to the carriage! This man is genuinely injured… why didn’t he say anything about it…?!"

Everyone was perspiring profusely. Seven pairs of hands picked up the ‘unconscious’ Jun Mo Xie’s body, and carried it to the carriage.

Guan Qing Han was still in the carriage. She wanted to say something, but eventually decided to remain silent. She couldn’t help but smile bitterly as she looked at the ‘unconscious’ Jun Mo Xie. [I clearly understand my little brother-in-law’s behavior.]

Dugu Xiao Yi stretched her neck and asked with urgency, "How did he receive that injury? When did he get hurt? What kind of injury is it? Is it serious or not? Do you have any medicines? What medicines should be used? Who injured him…?"

This rapid series of questions stupefied the cold-blooded warriors. They had come up with this tactful lie with much difficulty. However, they had no proper answer to those invasive questions. [The fact that the Young Master had violated the military discipline and was punished by lashings from a cudgel… isn’t a glorious matter. Moreover, the injuries the Young Master had received from the cudgel have already been healed. He had healed a long time ago…]

"Xiao Yi! First come in! Don’t interrogate them!" Guan Qing Han’s voice resounded from inside. Dugu Xiao Yi withdrew on hearing that, and went inside. She was worried, and her voice could be heard asking, "Elder Sister Qing Han, this… what’s to be done? What should we do? Ah! How did he get injured? I’m very worried…"

The members of the Spirit Devourer Team wiped their cold sweat.

"He he…" Guan Qing Han couldn’t help but laugh. Jun Mo Xie slowly ‘woke up’ at that moment. He looked in poor health as he asked, "Where am I?"

Guan Qing Han hadn’t yet spoken when Dugu Xiao Yi interrupted in excitement, "In the carriage! You’re in the carriage! You… You’ve woken up! Ah! What injury did you get? Hurry up and tell me how to deal with it? I’ll help you deal with it!"

The Young Lady Guan rolled her eyes; [this little girl is too innocent.]

"Me, injured? I had been injured, but that’s healed. I’m in such poor condition because… I’ve been poisoned," Jun Mo Xie mumbled. The slyly shrugged his nose, and inhaled a couple of breaths. [Men and women are very different. I was in this carriage for several days, but it still hadn’t come to smell like this. However, these two travel-weary beauties have barely been in the carriage, and it has already started to smell so amazing…]

"Ah! So it was poison?!" Dugu Xiao Yi was terrified. She opened her round eyes wide, "What poison is it? Is it very dangerous? Do you know what poison it is? Is it difficult to cure?"

"Oh… I was careless a while back. So I got poisoned," Jun Mo Xie felt unbounded regret. "To tell, cough cough, it’s difficult to explain. I will be fine after I rest for two days. It will be embarrassing to tell you two… You won’t wish to deal with my poison…"

"Who said that? Why won’t we be willing to? Tell us quickly! How can we help you?" Dugu Xiao Yi inquired urgently. [Why is this guy so upset? He has poison within him… and he still continues to dilly-dally! Don’t you know that others are concerned about you?]

"Cough Cough… the poison that’s affecting me… is called the Yin-Yang Harmony Drug." Jun Mo Xie slyly raised his head. He wanted to weigh his words carefully. So, he looked straight at Guan Qing Han’s expression. He couldn’t help but trembled inside after he had glanced at her ice-cold expression. Therefore, he didn’t continue.

"The Yin-Yang Harmony Drug? That name is so scary! But, you said that you had a cure for it, right?" Dugu Xiao Yi anxiously asked. She was like a cat on a hot tin roof. Her small and delicate nose was sweating profusely.

"This Yin-Yang Harmony Drug; It is true to say that it’s difficult to cure this poison. But, it has a good cure. He he… cough cough…" Jun Mo Xie nearly flashed a sinister smile. So, he hastily coughed to cover it up, "No medicine can cure this poison, but its cure is quite simple. But, it’s quite embarrassing to speak of its cure. Moreover, you would have to make a great sacrifice if you wish to cure this poison."

"That doesn’t matter! I’m willing to make any kind of a sacrifice for you," the little girl vouched. Guan Qing Han was siting besides them. The more she heard of this… the more she felt that something was fishy.

[This little brat’s ‘fainting’ was an act. Xiao Yi is foolishly for being concerned for him. She doesn’t see the truth in this confusion. But, what evil scheme is he planning?]

"Actually, it requires… cough cough… se*ual intercourse between a man and a woman. Then, the poison will instantly be removed," Jun Mo Xie seemed embarrassed. He even covered his mouth to cough, "Cough cough… otherwise, I will die burning with passion after three days. I understand that you must be very embarrassed by this as well. Therefore, forget about it… such is my fate."

The Young Master Jun spoke this last part in a droopy voice.

"Huh?! What?! To detoxify you… I must… with you… you…" Dugu Xiao Yi suddenly opened her eyes wide. Her face turned red as she started to blush. She was young and innocent. But, she knew what "se*ual intercourse" meant.

Guan Qing Han had expected her younger Brother-in-law to do something tricky. However, she had never expected that mischievous guy to pull something this shameless! She obviously hadn’t expected him to mess with them to that extent. She had thought that something was odd when she had heard him mention the Yin-Yang Harmony drug. She felt that something was fishy. However, Guan Qing Han was still inexperienced. So, she still didn’t know of the relationship between men and women properly. Moreover, she had underestimated Jun Mo Xie’s shamelessness. The Young Lady had never expected him to pull-off something like that.

[I was very tolerant in allowing him inside the carriage. But, now he wants…]

"Jun Mo Xie!" Guan Qing Han’s shapely eyebrows shot up and her eyes filled with fire. "Haven’t you joked enough?! Do you want me to kick you out again? You should be happy that I’ve let you inside the carriage! Don’t be discontent with what you have now!"

"Elder Sister Qing Han, please don’t get angry. He’s poisoned. That’s quite a frightening thing!" Dugu Xiao Yi anxiously looked at Guan Qing Han as she tried to mediate.

"He isn’t injured; nor is he poisoned! There’s no such thing as a Yin-Yang Harmony Drug!" Guan Qing Han spoke coldly, "He was fine when he was inside the carriage. But, he fainted when we sent him outside to ride on a horse. His men outside said that he has been injured. However, he says that he’s been poisoned. Little Sister Xiao Yi, how long do you plan to continue being deceived by him? Can’t you think clearly? Can’t you use your little head?"

"Huh? Elder Sister Qing Han… don’t get mad… you’re saying that he’s acting and hasn’t been poisoned?" Dugu Xiao Yi’s face became red. She then made threatening gestures since she was extremely mad.

[To think that I was genuinely convinced by him… I would’ve even tried to cure him if he had managed to deceive Elder Sister Qing Han as well…] Dugu Xiao Yi couldn’t help but feel ashamed. Even her neck had reddened in a split second. She then looked at Guan Qing Han in an embarrassed manner, and nestled her head in her bosom. She had been hoodwinked and had lost face. She then said, "Elder Sister! I can’t live anymore!" She repeatedly stamped her foot as she spoke this.

"Ah, you weren’t actually thinking of detoxifying him, were you?" Guan Qing Han asked coldly. [This little girl is too foolish!]

"Ah, it seems that I have remembered wrongly. I haven’t been poisoned," Jun Mo Xie coughed awkwardly and softly.

The two women rolled their eyes. [You managed to remember this wrongly?]

Jun Mo Xie then sat up. He was all-smiles as he spoke, "This road is long and endless. It will take a lot of time to reach our destination. It’ll be very boring like this. So, how did you like the story I just told?"

The two women were astonished. Their eyes were wide open as they glared at the Young Master Jun. [It is difficult to believe that there’s someone in this world whose skin is so thick! His lie has been caught… his evil scheme has been exposed and his filthy intentions have been laid bare! Yet, he does not blush. In fact, he doesn’t even feel any shame! And then, he shamelessly states that he has told a story so he can ease the awkward environment?!]

[Isn't this man over-the-top? Isn't his skin just too thick?]

The lovable Dugu Xiao Yi cursed as her clothes flung around, "I let you deceive me... you bastard... bastard!"

The Young Master Jun's Vanguard became increasingly comfortable as the days progressed. Moreover, they raked-in huge amounts of money by extorting corrupt officials along the journey. And, the two beautiful women accompanied him the entire time. Their strong and warm fragrance allowed Jun Mo Xie to indulge in pleasure, and he forgot about his worries.

In fact, even the thought of his own practice would’ve abandoned his mind if the Art of Unlocking the Heaven's Fortune hadn’t been continuously running inside him on its own.

The Young Master Jun had been very happy throughout that journey. The bottle-neck of his Art of Unlocking the Heaven's Fortune had also cleared somewhat. This meant that he would break through from the Jade Xuan Middle Level to the Jade Xuan Peak Level in terms of Xuan Qi cultivation.

Every day had been very bloody for the Heaven Destroyer Team and Spirit Devourer Team. They had fought vigorously every day, and were becoming increasingly tempered every day. Around two hundred men had already started to show faint signs of a breakthrough. The cruel and sharp aura of these two teams was enough to shock anyone.

The Young Master Jun had wished for this beautiful journey to continue for several more days. However, Heaven Destroyer Team and Spirit Devourer Team were being dispatched fewer number of times with every passing day. So, the Young Master determined that...

[The topography of this mountainous region is becoming increasingly steeper. The road is also becoming tougher, while the forests have become denser. More bandits and robbers should’ve descended from heaven under these circumstances. However, they’ve become fewer in number as the journey has progressed. This is probably because we are getting closer to the Xue Hun Manor. Therefore, these little thieving elements have started to reduce…]

"Young Master, we are about three-hundred kilometers from our destination — the Tian Fa forest. The Xue Hun Manor is a little to the left… at the edge of Tian Fa. We are now in front of the two base mountains of the forest," the captain of the Spirit Devourer Team — Wang Dong — pointed as he reported to Jun Mo Xie.

"Why are we going so slow? We’ve been journeying for so many days..." Jun Mo Xie asked. He felt annoyed, "We’ve travelled for a month now. Were you not faster the last time?"

"Young Master… we can travel fast since we don’t have much weight on us. But, there are many other issues. We shouldn’t make speed the most important factor here. We certainly travelled much faster the last time we were here. In fact, we were probably going at 650kms a day; probably even faster than that. However, we had taken a different route to Tian Fa. There’s much less high-level Xuan Beasts on that route. So, we mainly had to deal with low-level Xuan Beasts. I’m afraid that none of us would’ve made it through if had picked this route. However, we have a large army behind us now. We are the vanguard unit, but we mustn’t leave the main army far behind… and, we’ll have to send out our teams more often from now on since there will be many dangers. Therefore, this speed can be considered a very fast one," Wang Dong explained.

"Oh..." Jun Mo Xie stepped down from the carriage. He could sense that there were many Xuan Beasts in these mountainous forests. Moreover, most of those beasts were very fast. In fact, they were unusually fast. They were much faster than ordinary beasts. "It seems that a lot of Xuan Beasts roam-about this area. This Tian Fa is a very nice place…"

Chapter 320: I Only Seek For My Heart To Be At Peace

Translator: Novel Saga Editor: Novel Saga
"First, we must find an area between the mountains and a stream. We’ll set up camp there. We will wait for the main forces to arrive. Then, we will journey onwards with them," Jun Mo Xie gave the order unenthusiastically. They were about to go to the Xue Hun Manor. And, Jun Mo Xie wasn’t going to act a fool and look for the tyrannical enemy on his own.

[We may still face bad luck. But, at least all the influential families will face it together in that case.]

The Young Master Jun would try to get some small advantages in secret if the conditions were to permit. After all, he didn’t harbor a favorable impression of the Xue Hun Manor due to the past events. He wouldn’t even grieve if every member of the Xue Hun Manor were to die.

Moreover… the Xuan Beast uprising had gone out of control by this time. However, it had still been instigated by the Young Master Jun. Therefore, Tian Fa’s Xuan Beasts were fighting for Jun Mo Xie by any interpretation. If not… they were at least his allies.

Wang Dong sent eight people in eight different directions to look for a suitable place to set up camp, and the men eventually found such a place. Jun Mo Xie, Guan Qing Han and Dugu Xiao Yi immediately picked their spots.

The place was a small hillside.

There was open land in front of the hillside. It was surrounded by dense woods. There was a turning corner nearby. There was single official road at this bend. They would be able to keep an eye on all developments in the vicinity if they were to place scouts at that spot.

A ‘gurgling’ sound could be heard from behind the hill; it was similar to the sound that was made when one made dumplings. One would see a medium-sized stream on taking a detour. It meandered as it came down. The stream was clear, and its bottom could also be seen. And unexpectedly, there was a clear pool downstream. It wasn’t too far away; it was just after a bend downstream.

Dugu Xiao Yi and Guan Qing Han became somewhat excited when they saw this.

Women love cleanliness. These two had been travelling this route for such a long time. So, they were very exhausted. How could they ever have an appropriate opportunity to clean themselves? They could only wash themselves if they managed to stumble across a wild mountain stream at night. But, that was nothing like their family homes' large baths. However, they had finally seen a very satisfactory sight in the form of that clear pool. Dugu Xiao Yi’s body started to itch at the sight of the pool.

Guan Qing Han also found the pool very promising. However, she controlled her itch for a thought. She understood her younger Brother-in-law's character very clearly. [Won't he try to peek if I went into the pool with Xiao Yi? I need to think of a method which would ensure that he won't be able to. Wouldn't I die of shame otherwise?]

Jun Mo Xie coughed in a dignified manner after he looked at the pool. He then turned his head to look somewhere else and pretended that he hadn’t notice it.

.... ….

Jun Mo Xie had seen many teams of Xuan experts ‘whistle’ past him over the course of this journey. These people were rushing towards Tian Fa. However, he had noticed that these people were identical in terms of their attitude towards him. They would either look towards Jun Mo Xie’s team in disdain, and or would just pass by after glancing at them.

It was clear that the Army didn’t have any importance in the minds of these Xuan experts. So, they obviously cared even lesser for Jun Mo Xie.

However, they had witnessed a decreasing number of coincidental encounters with those Xuan experts in the past few days. The road had become increasingly deserted.

Three roads forked-out at a junction outside the sparse woods. These roads seemed very long. Each road looked empty and deserted. The sky above this territory was far bluer than the one in the cities.

The 200+ guards began setting up camp. Jun Mo Xie along with Guan Qing Han and the some others proceeded to the mouth of the valley in order to avoid the fiery construction scene.

They had gone out to breathe-in the fresh air. Jun Mo Xie and the two extremely beautiful women were closely followed by four others. They were the Heaven Destroyer Team and the Spirit Devourer Team's deputy leaders.

Jun Mo Xie let out a long sigh. He felt a spacious and empty void around him. The sky had also become increasingly silent. The insects and cicadas were chirping around the woods. Jun Mo Xie seemed to be in a pensive state of mind. His mind seemed to be in chaos, yet seemingly in a tranquil state. His thoughts were complex yet simple. He eventually couldn’t help but raise a perplexing thought.

Even a moment’s perplex can be sufficient to become a fatal mistake for an assassin. Even a top-notch assassin like Jun Mo Xie isn’t an exception to this fact. However, Jun Mo Xie was a complete loss at this time. Moreover, this state of mind had lasted a decent length of time.

[Nature makes man. My spirit and soul don’t belong to the world they have been brought to. It has been nearly half-a-year since my spirit has come here. Each day has been a struggle; just the way it used to be in my previous life. I’ve been using my mind a lot more. But, my limbs haven’t been exercised that much. I’ve played the fool a lot, but I haven’t used my iron-blooded methods much.]

[Half-a-years’ time has passed-by so quickly. I’ve been immersed in these boring matters. But, for what reason have I come to this world?]

[Is it to conquer this world? Is it to remain a nobleman throughout the ages? Or perhaps it’s for living free and unfettered? …for what purpose have I been sent here?]

Jun Mo Xie put his hands behind his back, and started to walk forward; neither too fast, nor too slow. However, it was an astonishing sight in the eyes of the six people! Jun Mo Xie’s previous licentious and greasy debauchee-like appearance had been swept aside. The individual’s temperament and innate character had been transformed. He seemed like a hermit who had transcended the earthly characteristics. It was obvious that he was walking on firm and solid land. But, those who watched him felt as if he was walking to another time and space with each of his steps.

That other time, and that other space… was a profound mystery to those people.

The others felt a very unfathomable feeling at that time; [this person can’t be considered of this world. In fact, he never ought to be of this world.] This particular feeling was obviously very absurd to their perceptions. However, it still existed.

He walked forward step by step. However, it seemed that everything in that world — the people besides him… the ground beneath his feet… the trees on his sides, and the dust in the air… weren’t meant for him. It was evident that nothing in that world had anything to do with him.

Everything still existed in harmony. However, one thing seemed in discord with the world. And, it was that one living individual in front of their eyes…

He seemed like the only independent existence between the heaven and earth. He didn’t intermingle with the living things; nor could he ever blend in. It seemed that this one individual — Jun Mo Xie — was all alone in his own little world.

This wasn’t a feeling of loneliness that’s felt by those at the top. Rather… it was one of detachment. Moreover… there was an extremely desolate air to it.

He had transcended beyond everything. He was independent from the living world. However, he could still intervene in it.

[I’m not of this world, but I exist in this world. This world is not mine, but I will die in this world.]

Guan Qing Han and Dugu Xiao Yi had forgotten about walking. They just foolishly stared at the image of that person in front of them. The both of them had the same thought; [are these his true colors…?]

Dugu Xiao Yi couldn’t help an urge of walking to Jun Mo Xie, and talking to him. However, she got scared away by that strange feeling that came from him. Guan Qing Han had also pulled her back, and had stopped her from opening her mouth.

Guan Qing Han didn’t know what was happening with Jun Mo Xie. She didn’t know why things had suddenly become such. However, she had a keenly sensed that Jun Mo Xie shouldn’t be disturbed at that moment. She was aware that even a little sound could interrupt his unusual stupor.

Then, there was a shout…

Jun Mo Xie let out a very long breath as he stopped in his footsteps. He then put his hands behind his back, and looked up at the heavens. He stared at a white cloud for a long time. Then, the Young Master smiled bitterly, and shook his head. And then, he remained standing in a calm and quiet manner — only to find that the thoughts in his mind had become ordered, clear and bright.

[There will be no desires if there’s no thought. Nothing is permanent in this world.]

It seemed like an individual had awoken from a dream, and was back to reality now. Jun Mo Xie distinctly felt his spiritual strength increase by a huge margin. However, he still wasn’t able to break through his bottleneck. It seemed that there was a faint and thin layer of mist in front of his eyes. This layer of mist separated him from the next level. It was unclear and hazy. However, his spiritual abilities would enhance by leaps and bounds if he were able to break through that.

And… Jun Mo Xie could vaguely feel the source of that obstruction.

It came from his heart.

"Mo Xie… you… what were you thinking just a moment ago…?" Guan Qing Han’s voice seemed cold and clear; just as before. However, Jun Mo Xie could make out that her voice was filled with a lot of concern and care.

Guan Qing Han was very intelligent. She could sense that Jun Mo Xie had suddenly sunk into a spiritual realm. And, she had also felt that he was at a very important juncture of an unexpected break through. So, she watched as he seemingly remained immersed in that spiritual realm. She watched him for some time. However, she felt that he suddenly started to seem like someone who had been on the verge of gaining immortality, but had been struck down to the mundane world of mortals. She could distinctly feel the difference in him. So, she couldn’t help herself, and asked.

"Just a moment ago… I was thinking…" Jun Mo Xie still seemed absentminded. It seemed like one of his feet had remained stuck in the fantastical spiritual realm. He said, "What am I to do in this life? Or perhaps, why did I get this life? What is my goal? What can I do? What am I to achieve?"

"Goal?" Guan Qing Han asked hesitantly before she continued, "It isn’t necessary for every living person to have a goal, is it?" However, she asked herself in her thoughts; [what about me? Why am I alive? What’s my goal here?]

Guan Qing Han suddenly felt overwhelmingly listless. [My younger brother-in-law must have a goal. However, I? Do I have the qualification to pursue my goals? Do I have this qualification?]

"Yes. Everyone should have goals. Everyone should have them. I used to have a notion. I wanted to use my strength to make the world a brighter place. I wanted to kill and slaughter to rectify the world’s filth. I hoped that it would bring the world to the peace and prosperity I desired for it. I didn’t wish to see things that seemed unjust to my eyes…" Jun Mo Xie smiled bitterly as he spoke.

"I’ve never paid attention to other people. I’ve only followed my own methods, and I’ve done what I feel like doing in any give circumstance. I’ve always gone my own way. I didn’t change even when I knew that it’s inadequate and I’m striving fruitlessly… However, I’m at a loss after I’ve come here. I’m at a complete loss…"

Guan Qing Han naturally didn’t know what Jun Mo Xie meant by "striving fruitlessly". And, she understood what he meant by "coming here" even less. However, she listened to Jun Mo Xie speak, and came to the conclusion that he felt extremely lonely.

This made her as calm as still-water. However, she felt a dull ache in the innermost part of her heart.

It was like watching warrior with a "never say die" attitude in a state where he had expended the entirety of his energy and skill — only to face that harsh truth that his enemy was spread across the entire world… and that it would be eternally beyond his ability to defeat and destroy his enemy.

He had persevered with his conduct throughout his life. But, he had merely overrated himself and had attempted to do something impossible in reality. It was a sort of desolation, helplessness, un-reconciliation and frustration that couldn’t be described in words.

Guan Qing Han thought for a while. She then said in soft and comforting tone, "Man has but one life; grass has but one spring. Who can say what the purpose of one’s life is? It’s very difficult to say. Now that we are talking about it… we women are only to assist our husbands and take care of his children; day after day… years after years… no matter how we age. However, we don’t feel any disappointment. I’m certain that most women in this world are like this. And, this kind of dull and rigid lifestyle makes countless women happy and satisfied. As for men… especially those who have power, strength and ability… they strive for their honor, fame and success. Each one of them strives to be brave and fierce. Even mediocre and ordinary people try very hard for their food and clothing. It’s what they call ‘Man eats man…"

She didn’t realize that Jun Mo Xie had turned around and approached closer as she was speaking this. His eyes shone like the full moon as he looked at her. However, those eyes didn’t have a frivolous or a stunned look in them. They seemed deep, tranquil and thoughtful. His expression was profoundly pensive.

Not many women in such a feudal society could see things as clearly as Guan Qing Han could. This had left him very astonished.

"Most men in this world work too hard. And, it’s genuinely not worth it," Guan Qing Han had a perplexed look in her eyes. But, her eyes also seemed to be full of tough resolve, and a bit of contempt. It seemed that the question that — ‘what men are supposed to do’ — was even something that she considered worth mentioning.

"So, what do you think everything on this earth is for? Perhaps, you can tell me what are we supposed to do in this world?" Jun Mo Xie asked as he continued to ponder.

"I don’t know the purpose of others. Nor am I qualified-enough to represent them. But, I do know myself," Guan Qing Han slowly spoke. Her eyes shone brilliantly. "I, Guan Qing Han, am just a feeble woman. As for this man’s world… I’m not even qualified to be a good wife… So, what I’m looking for in this moment… is just peace of mind… and that will be sufficient for me. "

[Yes. I Guan Qing Han only seek true peace of mind.]

[I had been engaged to Jun Mo You for my family’s sake. I had never met him before. But, I did it for the sake of my family… for the sake of my parents. I had no other choice.]

[And, I was willing to pay this price for my parents and family.]

[Therefore, my heart was at peace.]

[I had met Jun Mo You only twice in all that time. My emotions were never worthy of a mention in this regard… But, I had known that he was a great man, and that he would be a great husband. Moreover, I had already been betrothed to him. So, I had to accept my fate…]

[And then, when Mo You died in battle… I thought that such a good man was worth grieving for.]

[Therefore, I was willing to grieve for Jun Mo You — the Empire’s hero. I decided to live with the Jun Family as a widow, and left my family disheartened. However, Jun Mo You’s heroic spirit was far more important to me. I would feel unworthy in my conscience if I were to revoke my vows to him.]

[And the fact is… my choice was right. I was lonely at the time… very lonely.]

[But, my heart was at peace.]

[And now, I haven’t hesitated to go to Tian Fa with this weak body to ensure that Jun Mo Xie and Third Uncle return home safely. I’m acutely prepared for all difficulties. I won’t hesitate or spare any effort to ensure that this uncle-nephew duo safely return home to the north.]

[I’m prepared to sacrifice my life for the sake of these two people.]

[And, my heart is at peace with this as well.]

[I have no other demands! That’s all!]

[The Jun Family has treated me justly… like I were their own flesh and blood. So, wouldn’t I be worse than a beast if I were to helplessly watch as Jun Mo Xie and Uncle Jun Wu Yi died because of me?]

There was also an additional secret reason… Jun Mo Xie seemed to have a lot of affection for her. She used to be cold towards him in the past, and hadn’t cared about his feelings. However, she had recently been letting her guard down, and had been ignoring the warning signs. This was especially true since the time when Jun Mo Xie had helped her improve her Xuan Qi cultivation. There had been an indistinct skin contact between them at that time. That feeling had been returning to Guan Qing Han every night. It had gotten even worse recently. And, this had left her in panic…

[Therefore, it’s better to go to Tian Fa. My death will solve all problems. It will solve my quarrels with this mortal life. I can repay the Jun Family’s great kindness with my life. It will also rid my younger brother-in-law of his infatuation with me.]

[This will solve everything, and my heart will remain at peace.]

[The Jun Family’s honor will remain intact, and the Guan family’s honor won’t be tainted. The two families’ reputation won’t be affected. As for me… I needn’t think about it.]

"Good! You spoke well! You spoke very well! Ha ha ha…" Jun Mo Xie suddenly started to laugh. "Only seek for the heart to be at peace! Only seek to have no quarrels in one’s conscience! People often say that a peaceful heart can find justice in this world. But, who could’ve imagined that a peaceful heart is the justice of this world!"

"Killing a person is okay. Saving a person is okay. One shall not have to carry a heavy burden in this mortal life as long as one’s heart is at peace. I, Jun Mo Xie, won’t work for my country or its people. I will work for my heart. I will only work for my heart to be at peace! Everything has to do with one’s heart! What’s the need to think too much over it? What of the country’s prosperity? What of worldly affairs? That is nonsense; nothing else!

"Therefore, I will live my life my way! I will be unrestrained; I will be unfettered! No one can influence my thoughts! No one can control my actions! The world may slander me or praises me… it may even be indifferent to me… how would that make any difference to me? My heart will be at peace as long as I walk this world by following my path! I only seek to have a peaceful heart and an indomitable spirit! And, that will be sufficient for this life!"

Jun Mo Xie burst into laughter. Guan Qing Han had unintentionally untangled his conundrum.

The Young Master Jun was very happy. However, Dugu Xiao Yi and Guan Qing Han were shocked. And, the deputy leaders of the Heaven Destroyer Team and the Spirit Devourer Team — those four men who still stood behind the two ladies — could clearly see the change in Jun Mo Xie.

Jun Mo Xie had undergone an astonishing transformation in front of their eyes.

He had gone from being a showy licentious and debauchee of a Young Master — to a very able hermit. This change was no doubt exceptional and lofty. However, another exceptional and lofty transformation had taken place with him. And, this transformation too had made him transcend ordinary men. In fact, it had transformed him into an extremely cold force.

He resembled a sword that had been unsheathed from its scabbard. This sharp sword stood proud between the heaven and earth. It seemed that he could reflect a great amount of radiance. The heaven and earth were vast. However, it seemed that they could never restrain him.

That indescribable sense of confusion had been swept away from his mind. He could distinctly feel the formless Spiritual Energy of his mind rise by leaps and bounds.

He was completely integrated with the world, but he wasn’t confined to anything.

[How can I be happy with the status quo in this life? How can I sleep stranded under this heaven?]

[I will pass unhindered through the world! I will hold a great sword, and the world will ask, "Who is that hero who scales to such heights?"]

[I don’t wish to conquer the world. But, no one in this world will ever think of telling me what to do! They won’t even dream of messing with me, or my family!]

[My goal is finally clear to me!]

[I want my Jun Family to become an existence that far surpasses the Silver Blizzard City and the Xue Hun Manor! I want it to become a family which sits at the highest levels in this world!]

[Even the Emperor or the Great Masters wouldn’t be able to look at its members!]

[And, this is bound to require a flood of blood.]

[However, my heart is at peace!]

[This will be the direction of my life’s efforts! I… will have no regrets!]

The corners of Jun Mo Xie’s mouth became crooked as he smiled in a cold manner. Then, he softly said, "Then, my journey of slaughter begins with Tian Fa!" A cold and extremely powerful murderous aura suddenly burst-out from his body, and spiraled towards the heavens.

That unparalleled murderous aura raged-about, and made the sleeves of his six companions flutter. It was late autumn, and the withering leaves were already at death’s door. They started to flutter-about due to his sky-high murderous aura. Then, they left their branches and circled down in the wind as they dropped.

The scene resembled an all-encompassing yellow rain.

A number of small birds left the trees. Their wings flapped a couple times before they suddenly came across that dense murderous aura. They then tweeted mournfully for a while as they dropped to the ground.

The shadows of three individuals were quickly flitting through the wooded mountains in the distance. However, they immediately stopped after they had looked at this scene. One of them spoke in a serious tone, "This is a very frightening murderous aura. Who’s behind this?"

The two men besides him wore a cautious expression as they looked into the distance. Then, one of them contemplated out loud, "Could it be that Chu Qi Hun has finally arrived?"

"It’s not necessarily true. It’s true that Chu Qi Hun’s murderous aura is very powerful. However, it is sharp, acute and concentrated. So, it advances in front of his body — in the same direction as him. However, this person’s aura is extremely overwhelming. It even blots out the heavens. These two auras are completely different. So, I can tell that this individual isn’t Chu Qi Hun! However, this person’s murderous aura is no less than the Great Assassin Chu Qi Hun’s. In fact, it may even surpass his’!"

"No matter who it is… let’s take a look!" The other person suggested, "We three possess great powers. We shouldn’t necessarily be scared of this guy… even if it is the Great Assassin Chu Qi Hun!"

"Good!" The black bearded middle aged man contemplated and replied in a heroic and resolute manner, "Good! We are the three swords of Dong Fang. So, why should we be afraid? Even if it’s Chu Qi Hun… what reason do we have to fear?"

"That’s right Elder Brother. I heard that the Jun Family’s Third Commander will be arriving here. Shouldn’t we…" a short but stout person muttered.

"No! That matter still gnaws at mother’s mind! Moreover, he had gotten injured, and his meridians were also destroyed. So, why should we mess with the Jun Family? The Little Sister has also been in a coma for the last ten years. So, why should we bother? Is it any of our business if Jun Wu Yi has the skill to return alive, or dies trying here?" The black bearded middle-aged man’s eyebrows shot up as he spoke angrily.

"However, even so… Jun Mo Xie is our nephew. He is related to us by blood! Mother had said those words to you… but, aren’t you concerned with his fate?" the short and stout middle-aged man asked in defiance.

"That’s a sin!" The black bearded middle-aged man sighed deeply. He then spoke resolutely, "I won’t allow anyone to harm Jun Mo Xie. And, I’m aware that Jun Wu Yi is a good man. He has courage and moral integrity. But, our younger sister, brother-in-law, and our two nephews wouldn’t have died if it weren’t for him. So, we won’t discuss this again!"

The man sighed as he spoke. Then, the three men changed directions, and shot forwards like meteors. They advanced towards the direction of that murderous aura’s source.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

969K 41.7K 86
Kenta Bernard, a seventeen-year-old, died of leukemia in the hospital and was reincarnated in a novel that he has yet to finish. He is the ill second...
25.6K 1.9K 14
Till yesterday she was marring her brother's friend but suddenly ended up marring his college owner and a cold hearted person
73.4K 2.2K 48
What kind was there before the fae we know today? A story where our Inner Circle finds a fairy not a fae. AzrielxOC 18+ First uploaded: 15/9 2023
264K 13.3K 40
Ruby King is your average young woman who is starting to attend college full time. Everything is going great until she notices that there seems to be...