Persona 5: Makoto x Male Read...

By Xanitus

(Y/n) and Makoto were childhood friends and go to Shujin Academy together but once they got into their third... More

It's been awhile
"A Date"?

Makoto's Birthday Special

2.8K 21 7
By Xanitus

Hey everyone! Just wanted to make this special chapter about Makoto's birthday and I thought it would be cool to share this special chapter for the main girl of this story. This is connected to the story(basically a filler chapter or chapter 2.5) just 2 months before chapter 1. Anyways I'll continue my note at the end see you in a bit and I hope you enjoy!

Disclaimer: I do not own Persona nor the characters aside from original characters such as the reader. This is just for entertainment purpose.

Also here's the link to the artist of cover for this chapter:

https://fileth-fileth.tumblr.com/image/173225504515

https://twitter.com/morio_san/status/988383723061100544/photo/1

(I will remove the image if asked or told to)

4/23

3rd Person POV

Makoto just woke up from her sleep and sat up on her bed.

"April 23rd..." She said to herself and frowned. She decided to get ready for school, so she got up from her bed and head towards her closet. As she opened her closet she was looking around and found her uniform. She grabbed them and when she was about to close the closet door, she noticed something that caught her attention.

She stared at a hat that she got from Destinyland a long time ago. She quickly recalled the trip that her family and (Y/n)'s family went to for her 8th birthday party.

Makoto shook her head returning back to reality and went to get ready. When she was done she went into the kitchen and was surprised to be greeted by her sister.

"Sis?! What are you still doing here I thought you had to leave for work early?"

"Well, I do but I couldn't miss saying Happy Birthday to you, can I, so I got up more early and decided to make you breakfast?" Sae said making Makoto smiled.

"Also, I probably have to work in late today, I'm sorry but we'll go out for your birthday dinner when I have free time is that alright with you?"

"Yes, that's fine anything is good as long as I can spend time with you Sis and I know how hard you're working also."

"Thank you for understanding." She checked the time on her watch. "Looks like I have to go." Makoto frowned until her sister spoke up once more.

"You know Makoto. There's something waiting for you at school."

"What do you mean?"

"I'm sure you'll figure it out later today. I'll see you when I get home. Happy Birthday once again Makoto. I love you." Sae said giving her a hug and left the room.

"Waiting for me...?" Makoto said to herself before eating the breakfast her sis made for her.

Elsewhere

An alarm clock was ringing and as it was slammed with fist shutting it off.

"Ughhh." (Y/n) groaned as he sat up on his bed.

"What day is it?" He asked himself as he checked on his phone. "Oh the 23rd so it's Makoto's birthday."

He got off his bed and stretched before grabbing his uniform went into the bathroom to get ready.

As he exited the bathroom he grabbed all his bag. "I am forgetting something..." He snapped his fingers. "Right her gift." He said as he went to grab a small wrapped box. "Alright then." He headed towards his door until his phone started ringing. "Hello. Oh hey boss. Huh, he called in sick today? Is there no one else that can fill in today?" (Y/n) sighed. "Fine. I'll show up after school but I better get paid extra for today since it was supposed to be my day off. Good. See ya later." He ended the called and pinched the ridge of his nose. "I seriously need a long break. I feel more tired just thinking about work now." He said then headed out for school.

After School

Makoto went to the Student Council Room to check on some paperwork before heading home. Today, she was greeted by a few students wishing her happy birthday which was a surprise to her, seeing that people actually remembered her birthday. Though one thing bothered her. It was that (Y/n) was sleeping throughout the whole class. When she arrived to the classroom before class started, he was already at his desk sleeping. Sure he woke up for a bit to say happy birthday but after that he went back to sleep. She knew she barely had time to hang out and talk with him after school because of all the work she has to do as student council president. She let him be until she had to wake him as the teacher entered the room.

"(Y/n)...what's going on with you?" She said to herself. She started think about the Destinyland trip on how her and (Y/n) were smiling and full of energy when they got there. What she remember the most was the time her and (Y/n) went into a haunted house.

Flashback (10 years ago)

"Makoto are you sure you want to go into the haunted house?" Sae asked.

"Don't worry Sis, as long as I have you and (Y/n)-kun with me. I should be fine."

"If you say so."

"Sae make sure to watch over them okay." her father said.

"I'll try my best." Sae replied.

"(Y/n) make sure you listen to what Sae-san tells you okay." (Y/n)'s mother said.

"Alright."

Sae, Makoto, and (Y/n) entered the house and followed a trail.

Sae and (Y/n) weren't afraid of most of the things that tried to scare them but Makoto on the other hand was holding onto her sister's hand as she screamed everytime something jumped up at them to scare them.

"I knew you would be scared Makoto." Sae sighed but was slightly amused seeing her sister scared.

"So much for being the mature one. Huh, Makoto-chan?" (Y/n) smirked.

Makoto pouted and pinched (Y/n)'s arm.

"Ow! What was that for?!"

"For teasing me on my birthday!"

"Alright you two. Let's start finding the exit."

"Okay." Makoto and (Y/n) responded as they followed Sae from behind.

After walking through the house, Makoto noticed that her shoelace were untied. She stopped and kneeled down to tie them quickly. Once she stood up she noticed that her sister and (Y/n) were gone and the hallways started to get more foggy making it hard to see the path.

"Sis? (Y/n)-kun? Where did you go?!" Makoto started to panic and her body was shaking. "No...I'm alone in this creep house, Sis! (Y/n)-kun!...I want to get out of here!" Makoto yelled. She then sat down and wrapped her arms around her legs and started crying. "I hate this place..." She continued to cry until she heard something.

"Makoto-chan?!" she heard and peeked her head back up.

"Where are you Makoto-chan?" She heard the voice once again and she recognized who it was.

"(Y/n)-kun?!" Makoto quickly got up and through the fog she could barely see the young boy through the fog. (Y/n) saw her and quickly made his way towards her.

"There you are! What happened?" He asked.

"I was just tying my shoe and when I finished you and Sis were gone and I-I was alone in the creepy place."

"Well, let's get out of here the exit is close." (Y/n) said and started to lead the way. As he walked he looked back and noticed Makoto still standing there so he walked back to her. "What's wrong, I thought you wanted to get out of here?"

Makoto was looking down before she looked back up. "C-can I hold your hand p-please?"

(Y/n) stared at her and then nodded his head. Makoto grabbed his hand and (Y/n) was guiding her through the fog and following the path that he and Sae took to get out of the house.

Makoto and (Y/n)'s eyes were then hit by a bright light from the sun. They were now outside of the house where Sae, her father, and (Y/n)'s parents were waiting for them to return.

"There you are! You sister and I were worried about you." Makoto's father said.

"What happened Makoto? I thought you were behind me and (Y/n)-kun?"

"I had to tie my shoelace and when I finished you two were gone."

"I see. I'm sorry Makoto, I should've been more aware that you were gone. Lucky, (Y/n)-kun was able to quickly find you."

"It wasn't that hard all I did was hear her crying and I found her." (Y/n) chuckled before getting pinched harder by Makoto. "Owww! Okay, I'm sorry! But I was also worried when you weren't with us Makoto."

"Well, thanks you for saving me (Y/n)-kun."

"No problem. That's what best friends are for!"

End of Flashback

Makoto just sighed as she just finished her memory of that trip. "Though I hated that haunted house...at least being with (Y/n) soothed me down." Just then there was a knock on the door and the door slid open.

"Hello? Mako-chan?" the voice called out.

"Ah. Okumura-chan? What's the matter? Has something happened?" Makoto asked.

"Mako-chan I told you it's fine for you to can call me Haru." Haru giggled and smiled at her.

"Oh. Well what brings you here Haru-chan?"

"Well, (Y/n)-kun told me to give this to you." Haru handed her his gift to her. "He said he was really busy and said he's very sorry he couldn't give it to you in person."

"Thank you Haru-chan. I'll be sure to message him." She bowed to her.

"It was no problem. You are lucky to have (Y/n)-kun as a friend. Anyways, I'll take my leave. Bye Mako-chan." Haru waved as she left the room.

As Haru left, Makoto put the gift in her bag along with her other belongings and left to go home.

Makoto arrived home and she immediately took out the gift (Y/n) gave her. Once, she finished unwrapping the gift, she was surprised to find a motorcycle figure she's been wanting when she saw at the store at Akihabara a couple of months ago. Makoto smiled and she saw a note in the box. She picked it up and read 'Hey Makoto! Happy Birthday to my best friend! I remembered how you looked when you first saw this figure a few month back, wow was it really that long ago since we hung out like that anyways, I saved up and bought it as a gift for you. Hope you have a great day. From (Y/n)." Makoto's smile grew even more. She put down the figure and quickly grabbed her phone.

Meanwhile

"Hey (Y/n)! I'm glad you could show up. I'm sorry to call you in but we're short on workers today and a lot of them called in sick."

"It's fine. Like I said as long as I get paid extra I'll work today."

"Yeah I be sure to add more to your paycheck when it's payday." (Y/n)'s boss left.

"At least it not busy like last week." (Y/n) sighed and sat behind the counter. His phone buzzed and he quickly checked to see what it was. It was a text from Makoto. 'Hello (Y/n). I opened up your present and I wanted to say thank you very much. I love it. I'm very grateful to have you as my friend. Just so you know I will always have time for you so if you need to talk just find go to the student council room okay? I hope you consider my offer.'

"I'm glad you like it Makoto and about your offer....I'm not sure if I'll have time but I'll consider it." He said and decided to send one more message to her.

"Again. Happy Birthday!"

-----------------------------------------------------

Alright hope this was an okay chapter. I did rush it so it's not too long or short anyways, I thought it would be nice to make a chapter on Makoto's birthday on her birthday(I know I posted this a day/hour late but I had work to do before publishing this sorry)...which is the day I was writing on for those of you reading this in the future. The next chapter(3) should be done soon it's just that college is really taking my time and I'm trying to take it serious now along with my playing Persona 3(Which is now my favorite Persona). Lastly ,if there is any mistakes,questions,things you liked or concerns let me know and with that I'll see you guys next time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

306K 9.2K 100
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
1.3M 58.2K 104
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
104K 9.2K 111
"You think I'm golden?" "Brighter than the sun, but don't tell Apollo" Dante hates Rome's golden boy. Jason doesn't even remember him. Right person w...
95.3K 3.2K 52
"𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡, 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐞, 𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐧 𝐛𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐚𝐥𝐥, 𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐀𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐭𝐥𝐞" 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 Caitlin Clark fa...