Once We are Descendants

By starchild10

When Mal of Auradon and Crystal of Storybrooke mix the wrong spells together, both end up accidentally openin... More

Prologue: Go Back?
Bonus Content: Crystal's Back Story (Not a Chapter)
Chapter 1: New Worlds
Chapter 2: I Want to Know More
Chapter 3: Life as Usual
Chapter 4: Be There for You
Chapter 5: Secrets to Learn
Chapter 6: Plots for Portals
Chapter 7: Long Live Evil
Chapter 8: Guilty Until Proven Innocent
Chapter 9: Framed for Nothing
Chapter 10: Success for All
Chapter 11: Stealthy Shrimpy
Chapter 12: Theories and Mysteries
Chapter 13: Risky Business
Chapter 14: Made, Not Born
Chapter 15: Looking After Me
Chapter 16: Inner Villain
Chapter 17: The Pain of Broken Heart
Chapter 18: Freedom
Chapter 19: Fight for Love
Chapter 20: Caught in the Dark
Chapter 21: Support Before Danger
Chapter 22: How Auradon Fights
Chapter 23: It's Going Down
Chapter 24: What's My Name?
Chapter 26: What Did I Bring to Storybrooke?
Chapter 27: Taming the Dragon
Chapter 28: Hooked on Guilt
Chapter 29: Check the Introductions
Chapter 30: Friends and Enemies
Chapter 31: Friends and Family
Chapter 32: The Family of Evie
Chapter 33: Members of Darkness
Chapter 34: Number One Troublemaker
Chapter 35: Family Feud
Chapter 36: Parental Dysfunction
Chapter 37: Emotional Tides
Chapter 38: Dizzy's Discourse
Chapter 39: When No One is Watching
Chapter 40: Changed?
Chapter 41: Rationale
Chapter 42: Family Dinner
Chapter 43: Family Tales
Chapter 44: Late Night Visit
Chapter 45: Strange New Land
Chapter 46: Shocks and Spots
Chapter 47: Crystal Clear
Chapter 48: Morning Madness
Chapter 49: Discipline and Devotion
Chapter 50: A Lesson in Hope
Chapter 51: Roll Call
Chapter 52: Heroes or Villains?
Chapter 53: Parental Rules
Chapter 54: Mother-Daughter
Chapter 55: CJ Trouble
Chapter 56: Pirate v.s. Princess
Chapter 57: Meet the Parents
Chapter 58: Ursula's Urchin
Chapter 59: Poor Unfortunate Souls
Chapter 60: Moving In
Chapter 61: De Vil in Disguise
Chapter 62: Home Away From Home
Chapter 63: Her Brother's Keeper
Chapter 64: Dateable
Chapter 65: Amends for Amour
Chapter 66: Hidden Deception
Chapter 67: Heart to Heart
Chapter 68: Negotiations
Chapter 69: Family Ties
Chapter 70: Something Unexpected
Chapter 71: Potential
Chapter 72: The Storm Within
Chapter 73: A Bit Bizarre
Chapter 74: When the Claws Come Out...
Chapter 75: Tension
Chapter 76: Truth and Lies
Chapter 77: Dark One to the Rescue?
Chapter 78: Crumbling
Chapter 79: Love/Hate
Chapter 80: Suppression
Chapter 81: Hello My Heart
Chapter 82: Uh Oh Oh Oh It's Magic
Chapter 83: Dead Alive
Chapter 84: Fingerprints
Chapter 85: Dragon Ladies
Chapter 86: Leap of Faith
Chapter 87: Training Day
Chapter 88: Disappearing Act
Chapter 89: Dance of the Dragons
Chapter 90: Something Worth Keeping
Chapter 91: Aftermath
Chapter 92: The Importance of Being You
Chapter 93: Party at Granny's
Chapter 94: Parental Dis-play/may
Chapter 95: New Game Plan

Chapter 25: Battle Till the End

1.1K 37 6
By starchild10

Mal and the group walk towards the beach, swords clenched in their grasps and their eyes glaring forward towards the water. The moon is reflected in the sea-green liquid, making it appear that a giant green jewel was floating on the water. The VKs and the AKs can see The Jolly Roger, in the distance, silhouetted in the white light of the night. Evie glances at the clock and sees that it's almost time, she puts on a brave face, but there's anxiety brewing in the pit of her stomach. Carlos feels the same way, unsure of what Uma and her crew might dish out. He knew the daughter of Ursula always had an ace up her sleeve or something else to give her an advantage. He had a bad feeling about this.

The daughter of Maleficent sucks in a deep breath, trying to remain focused. "Whatever goes down between me and Uma," Mal says. "Make sure Ben and no one else gets hurt."

"But Mal what about...?" Carlos begins.

"Forget about me, just keep your girlfriend and everyone else safe...okay?" she insists, her eyes glowing the ever-familiar green again.

"O-Okay," the son of Cruella De Vil swallows; while he was used to Mal's outbursts, his friend had become unusually scary in the past few minutes.

"And remember, keep the Dragon act as a last resort," Jay whispers.

"Just leave Shrimpy to me..."

They finally come to the beach, the group stops. It's eerily quiet, the only sound is the water lapping against the shore. Mal's mind flashes back to the first time she'd come down here, trying to get away from everything and to have some time to herself before sulking about Ben not being able to spend time with her. It's here that she discovered the possibility of new worlds, places she wanted to explore, which she might get her chance now since she's been expelled. Despite how hard she tries, she can't stop thinking about Ben. She's worried about him and her anger for Uma outweighs the sadness she felt over their breakup. He didn't deserve to be Uma's prisoner, no matter how badly he'd broken heart.

"Uma!" Mal calls out angrily. "Uma show yourself!"

There's rustling behind some trees near the shore and everyone is on guard. Doug and Dizzy are close to the tree line, ready to dispense smoke bombs when needed. The rest of the heroes are on guard, ready for anything that might come their way.

"Always was a hothead, weren't ya luv?" a familiar Scottish voice chuckles, emerging from the trees.

Harry Hook stands confidently in the gloom of the beach, his sword gleaming in the moonlight. He smirks at the group, his father's pocket watch dangling from his hand. The thing ticked unnervingly and swung back and forth like a pendulum. "Maybe that's why we never worked out Mal. Too much in common."

"Where's Ben?!" Mal demands, not in the move for Harry's games or bringing up their history.

"Who? Pretty boy? He's safe, right where he needs to be; it was so fun nicking him again, though he did put up a fight this time..."

"GIVE ME BEN!" Mal snarls, her eyes glowing a very bright green. Evie reaches out to put her hand on her best friend's shoulder to calm her down, but none of them felt very calm, wanting to get this over with.

"And looks like his entire fan club came along too," Harry sneers. "Who knew he was so loved, although not by you Mal; he wouldn't shut up about that he 'broke yer heart' and that 'you'd never forgive him.' Got really tiresome that a handkerchief in the mouth put an end to that. Least ye know how it feels to have yer heartbroken..."

"We're not your relationship therapist Harry!" Jay snaps. "Get over Mal and give us Ben."

"But where's the fun in that?" the son of Captain Hook smirks. "Here's the deal, you give me me hook back and then maybe we can bring out Mal's ex."

Evie fumbles with her bag, she pulls out the metal hook that held the note and tosses it along the ground. The pirate takes his precious time putting the accessory back in place. This does little to soothe Mal's rising temper.

"You know freedom feels amazing, doesn't it? I don't blame you Villain Kids for stabbin' us in the backs."

"We didn't stab you in the back," Carlos hisses.

"GIVE US BEN!" Jane shouts, which took everyone off guard. The normally meek girl is now glaring fiercely at the pirate, her hand on the sword, ready to attack.

Harry's blue eyes go to the one who spoke up, he licks his lips once he sees the daughter of the Fairy Godmother for the first time. "Aren't you a right pretty lass," he purrs. "Not used to speakin' yer mind are you? We could use another magic type like you on our crew."

Carlos wraps his hand around Jane's. He could feel the slight quiver in her stance, he knew she was trying to be brave, but she'd never done this before.

"You should dump the puppy lover for a real man," the pirate smirks.

This time, Jay has to restrain Carlos from attacking.

"Chill dude, that's what he wants," the son of Jafar warns.

"YOU HAVE YOUR HOOK BACK, NOW WHERE'S BEN!" Mal shouts that almost everyone on Auradon's campus likely heard it.

"Oh right, Gil..."

There's more rustling in the trees and two more figures emerge. Gil, son of Gaston holds the shoulder of their prisoner. Mal gasps when she's Ben's face.

While the king of Auradon is trying to remain brave, but his former girlfriend can see the flicker of fear in his eyes. She can also see that he's been beaten upon, like by Gil, taking after his father's brutish behaviour. His clothes are torn, his hair a mess, bruises are covering his face as well as dirt smeared on his cheeks. His hands are tied in front of him with rope and Gil forces Ben to kneel in front of them, showing that he was at their mercy and bowing down to them.

"Ben..." Mal manages to choke out.

His hazel-green eyes try to avoid her gaze, but he can't help it. The king is surprised about how many students came to his aid... his friends, people who cared for him. The guilt in his stomach over what he did to Mal has him feel helpless and like a total jerk at that moment. He was still glad she came to help.

"Not looking so handsome right, now is he?" Harry smirks.

"Let Ben go, this is between Uma and me!" Mal says, her hands begin to glow to match her angry eyes.

"Where is the sea urchin?" Jay asks. "She's usually front and center for these kinds of confrontations."

"It wouldn't be a party without me..." A voice from the sea chuckles. Everyone turns as the water of the sea begins to churn and glow. Many of the students hold their breaths; they'd seen this at the Cotillion, some of the royal kids, like Chad, Audrey, Whitney, and Simon take steps back, away from the churning waters.

Slowly, but surely, the familiar turquoise braids emerge from the water, followed by Uma's smiling face and her mother's glowing seashell necklace. She smiles, donning her captain's hat with great pride. She laughs at her enemy's face and comes towards the group, her tentacles stopping just before they reach land.

To the daughter of Ursula, this was like a homecoming. To finally face her enemy, with no interference and finally able to determine who the queen of the Isle, and now Auradon, would truly be. Then she and her crew are free to roam the world, doing whatever they wanted.

"Long time no see," Uma laughs.

"Let Ben go, Uma, this is between you and me."

"I know it is, it's just so much fun to have your name dragged through the dirt. And Ben told me what happened, that the 'lady of the court' has been expelled from Auradon Prep. Oh, it feels amazing, even though we all know who did it."

Mal lets out a dragon noise, she's panting quickly. Evie is the only one to grab her friend's hand, trying to remind her of what could happen if she transformed.

"Uh, uh, uh," Uma taunts. "Watch yourself, dragon girl, your boyfriend is still in the crossfire..."

Gil forces Ben closer to the water, allowing Uma's tentacles to wrap around him; one around his neck, another around his chest, Mal can see Ben gasp for air.

"It's... okay, Mal," Ben gasps. He doesn't want this to end in conflict and bloodshed. However, Uma's tentacle prevents him from speaking another word. Mal can see Ben beginning to lose consciousness.

This is the last straw: she lets out a large snarl.

Evie steps back, knowing there's no coming back from this.

"GET BACK!" Carlos shouts, pulling Jane away.

The purple smoke forms around the daughter of Maleficent as her eyes become bright green; like mother, like daughter, she transforms into a dragon

She spreads her wings and lifts off into the air, she immediately roars angrily at Uma, everyone can see the fireball brewing in her mouth. But she pauses, knowing Uma is using Ben as a human shield.

"Can't do anything while Ben's in the way," Uma taunts, laughing.

The rest of the War Frats emerge from the woods, their swords at the ready for battle. The VKs and the AKs know that the time to act is now. There is no negotiation any longer.

Evie knows what needs to be done to help.

"DIZZY!" she hollers out.

On cue, the daughter of Drizella launches several smoke bombs, having quite the arm to do so. Evie, Jay, and Carlos get low to the ground, allowing the smoke bombs to engulf the crew of The Lost Revenge, including Uma. Mal, even though in dragon form, can see that her friends are trying to get Ben from Uma's grasp.

Suddenly, from the bushes, Dude appears, easily evading the smoke on four legs, he finds Uma's nearest tentacles and unleashes his favourite type of attack.

Uma screams out in pain, her tentacles retreating, releasing a barely conscious Ben. Knowing, Mal will want to battle, Uma moves deeper into her element, knowing her advantage. Mal is finally able to unleash her fireball and barely misses Uma. But the sea witch's daughter knows the key to getting rid of her rival for good.

"HARRY!" she screams over the chaos, lashing some water at Mal.

Meanwhile, the pirate crew is advancing, despite the smoke. Lonnie is the first one to clash swords, she smirks at the pirate and engages. Jane takes her stance, having studied many hours of Swords and Shields games. A pirate swings at her, she backs away; her mind races as she tries to find a way to fight back. The guy aims at her head, and Jane holds up the sword to block his attack. When the blades clash, Jane sees an opening, gets into her stance and attacks forward, keeping the pirate at bay. She feels a thrill of excitement and adrenaline inside of her, it is unlike a feeling she's ever felt before. She laughs to herself, having never felt so alive!

Several other pirates take on some of the Auradon kids, Audrey is clumsily trying to block an attack, she lets out a scream of terror at merely holding the weapon. She's doing the best she can until Chad comes to her rescue. He engages the War Frat to spare Audrey any further distress; however, he becomes overconfident, showing off to his girlfriend, and the pirate manages a kick to the groin. With the son of Cinderella down, the daughter of Phillip and Aurora is forced to fight again. She can't stand this, especially if it would ruin her manicure.

The sets of twins are working together, overpowering their opponents with synchronized movements that seem to be natural in their DNA. Allie and Tallia are fighting back to back, Tallia trying to get a good shot at Harry Hook; however, the first-mate has his problems.

The son of the infamous pirate captain is trying to grab the king through the smoke. His hook seemingly latches around Ben's shirt and he begins to drag their prisoner towards him. However, Evie has found Ben as well in the smoke and is putting up a fight. Realizing that Harry would gain the upper hand, Evie uses her mirror to flash the reflection of one of Mal's fireballs into the pirate's face. She grabs Ben's arm and slowly tries to drag him across the gravel.

"I got him!" Evie says, to her friends. Jay then stands up and goes to fight Gil.

Uma and Mal are still exchanging attacks back and forth. Uma knows that the only way for this plan to work is for Harry to throw Ben into a portal.

"DO IT NOW HARRY!" she screams, splashing Mal again.

"But..."

"NOW!" she screams again.

Sighing heavily, Harry removes the jar of potion from his belt. Seeing that Evie and Ben are rather close enough to him, another annoying VK gone is less of a problem.

Evie barely has time to process everything as Harry opens the jar and throws the liquid into the air. A large green portal begins to spiral at her feet and the daughter of the Evil Queen can feel the suction pulling her and Ben towards the centre. She holds on for deal life, her blue hair being whipped in the wind created by this magic. She can barely hold onto Ben, who is going in and out of consciousness.

"EVIE!" Carlos screams, as he holds onto Dude and tries to avoid the suction of the portal too.

"MAL!" Evie screams.

Harry steps closer and whistles to dragon Mal. He uses his hook to grip the ground and avoid being sucked into himself. When the daughter of Maleficent turns her head, Harry makes his move.

"Have a nice trip," he sneers, he kicks Evie and Ben, Evie screams as she and Ben vanish into the portal.

Mal watches in horror as her best friend and boyfriend vanish. Carlos angrily crawls over, still holding onto his dog. He pushes Harry's hook from the ground, causing the pirate to be sucked in as well. Not thinking this through completely, the son of Cruella, loses his grip and still clinging to Dude plunges into the portal.

"CARLOS!" Jane screams in horror. She attempts to move closer to try and find him.

Jay who is battling Gil is trying to get close enough to try and rescue his best friend. However, when Jay kicks Gil, the jar that held his portal liquid flies through the air and spills onto the already working method of transportation. Before either can react, they are both sucked into it, neither had time to move or scream.

Mal roars in distress and anger. She impulsively releases a green ball of energy towards the portal, hoping to do something to bring her friends back. This only increases the portal's firepower, making the suction too great for all the students who are fighting. Jane screams as she is pulled in, Lonnie, Chad and all the others can't fight it either. Even the War Frats are unable to resist the pull.

Both Queens of the Isle watch in utter horror as their friends or crew members disappear. Uma realizes this has worked out better, knowing Mal would now try to rescue her friends. She removes her portal liquid, adds it to the firepower, as well as a touch of her own magic. She then uses one of her tentacles to grab Mal's foot. However, the daughter of Maleficent flies forward, knowing she was going to regret this, but her friends were much more important, charges at the portal, towards the green light and dragging Uma, the cause of this with her.

The two rivals disappear in the portal and all that is left on the beach is some shattered glass and a ship moored in the moonlight.

A/N: And now the moment you've all been waiting for. Auradon and Storybrooke are about to collide in so many ways. Please Review.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47K 1K 15
Victoria is invited on short notice to Auradon, the good guys home. She tries to fit in but there's just one secret that won't let her relax. Childre...
50.2K 1.4K 18
The Core Four are heading to Auradon, but not for the reasons their parents think. Sure, they'll be grabbing the wand but it definitely won't be for...
16.2K 502 48
Follow the story of Mal's younger brother who also gets taken to Auradon, but will he make the same decisions as his sister? Or will he follow his mo...