The Opposite Of Us; markhyuck

By DemmyAnnBautista

"Can you tell me you feel something?" "I feel something, it hurts." "What?" "You're stepping on my feet you s... More

The Opposite Of Us; markhyuck
2: What you call JOB

1: Unemployed

43 3 0
By DemmyAnnBautista

"Congratulations!"

All of them were enjoying the very last night of being together at the dormitory. Every corner was full packed with different people from other sections, their friends from organizations and varsities. Its the last night of being together after graduation and each will then live in separate ways.

"Hey. How are you enjoying the night?" Chenle came through the first door on the left, swiftly moving beside and offering some mojito to his friend, Donghyuck. Both were close friends since grade school, no, since birth. Their moms are best friends.

"I'm fine. Not really enjoying, but fine." Donghyuck frowned at the sight of the drink on his friend's hand. Just thinking of having to drink that made him choke. He scooted a bit to reach for his one and only favourite drink, strawberry juice. Chenle tried to steal it away but before doing that, Donghyuck already finished it.

"Can you stop being like a kid?" Chenle whispered. "Strawberry juice is not for this party okay?" He slapped his friend's hand and tugged him towards the lobby. "You stay here, do nothing but smile you got it?"

"Ohh... okay." Donghyuck gulped down his almost drooping saliva as he witnessed more and more people coming in and out of the lobby's main door. He was never this nervous in his entire life. The great challenge in my 18 years of existence has now come, suck my traditional Korean life, he thought.

"Donghyuck."

"Hyung! Glad you're here." Donghyuck's face lighten up when he saw Jaehyun's trance in front of him.

"Of course. How could your senior miss this? Congratulations."

"Thank you." He smiled. Finally, he could now regain his self from being cautious of the people he encounters.

"So, where's Chenle?"

"That idiot, he left me here like a statue."

"Did he tell you to stay like this? You look funny." Jaehyun laughs at Donghyuck's cute actions. He knew that his junior is all scared of being left alone in crowded places with all those modern cultures, which made him culture shocked every time.

"You guys there, come here." Chenle signalled both of them from afar.

"Its nice to see you. You look very awesome tonight." Jaehyun complimented Chenle which made the latter blushed. Chenle's first crush is him, but that was way back his first year in middle school. On the other hand, Donghyuck was glaring at his friend as if he was gonna kill him from that look. Chenle just laughed it off.

"Anything you want to drink?"

"Strawberry juice for me."

"You're so girl."

"You're gay."

"You are too."

"No, I'm not."

"Ugh. How about you Jaehyun-hyung?"

"I just want some milk."

All leftovers were left from the very first step of their room to the very last tile of their bathroom. The whole place was a mess and even the very neat Donghyuck was not in a mood for his role.

"Oh my god Donghyuck wake up!"

"What the..." He rubbed his face literally and scratched his head of annoyance.

"Aren't your parents gonna pick you up today? This place looks like a jungle!"

"So? We're moving anyway." Donghyuck yawned before sliding his shirt on.

"Wow Mr. Neathead where have you been?"

"Shut up."

"And why are you acting like you're drunk?"

"I am."

"With what?"

"Strawberry milk."

"Oh my god. Why am I even friends with you?"

"Because you love me."

"Love, your ass."

"Language!"

Later that day, their parents picked them up with their things leaving all the prints but not the memories of their four years stay. There's a lot to count.

Donghyuck still could not believe that he eventually finished all his classes with high grades and had now graduated from college. But more than that, he could not sink in to his mind that he is about to finally begin a new life. From being called a student to being labelled as unemployed. He is still in awe for all of the achievements he received especially when he got the Outstanding Student Award on his graduation day. He always ponder about the possibility to gain all of these despite of the norms he grownup with. He was raised in a Korean traditional practice. He was never exposed of the trends and modern craze but instead Donghyuck was always locked up inside his grandmother's traditional house, brewing tea every morning and grooming the plants before evening not until he passed the entrance exam of his dream university. However, even if surrounded by different types of students of his age, he still could not catch up to their styles and behaviours. That is actually one of the reasons why he always think he is indeed lucky to have friends like Chenle and Jaehyun who are always with him even if he is stupid, at times. ("No he is always stupid!" Chenle would incessantly say. "Shut up.")

"Honey! Breakfast downstairs."

"Yes mom just a minute." Donghyuck rushed down carrying bunch of newspapers. He perched into the seat across his mother and shoved down a loaf in his mouth. He started scanning through a certain section and reading it conscientiously.

"What was that for?" His mother asked, smiling sweetly like a sunshine.

"I'm trying to find a job mom." Donghyuck answered busily as he flipped another page of the paper.

"That's why you woke up early? I thought the newspaper man forgot to deliver us today's issue."

"He's trying to be useful Dad." In a mocking tone.

"You know you're not helping right?" Donghyuck rolled his eyes to his younger brother who immediately stuck his tongue out before their father sees them secretly arguing.

"Are you going to search them all today?" His mom added giving Donghyuck a sweet look as she placed down his favourite juice beside his plate. The lad quickly nodded in response and was about to take a sip when his eyes turned to look on his watch. He immediately stood up and threw all his stuff back in his bag including all his father's newspapers.

"I'm gonna leave first. I need to be early." He sang happily after finishing one glass and leave. It's been a week since commencement and he already felt the need of changing his label to 'a man who is employed'. Donghyuck wanted to start the job hunting early so that he could visit every company and firms he wanted to be in and hoping one or two could get him. His dream of being a researcher really pushed him some motivation to abruptly adopt to the new challenge of his life. Yet, he still is uncomfortable of knocking door to door to ask if they are looking for someone who can fill in a position and that he could do everything they want him to do if they let him. Norms, those shitty norms, he thought. And now he found himself sitting on a bench near a shopping mall, eating ice cream under the scorching rays of the sun.

"I need to find a job. I need to be..."

"Useful?" His words were cut off by a tall guy in a blue jersey with yellow lining. Donghyuck consciously smiled not for his milky white skin complexion blending just right to the light exerted by the sun that everyone would wanted to praise 'all hail!' but it is because he thought of something that could help him become that useful.

"Jaehyun-hyung. What are you doing here?"

"I'm the one who should ask you that."

"Oh." He then remembered that Jaehyun's team were always playing basketball in the nearest court around. "Well, I'm here because of nothing. I'm actually trying to find a new job but...", he looks around before lowering his voice. "You know I'm uncomfortable of doing things like approaching new people right?"

"Aha! You are back at it again. How many times did I tell you to become just yourself regardless of the norms you grew up with?"

"You know it's hard to do that."

"I do, but at least try."

"It's a practice I learned from my family's tradition. I can never get rid of it."

"I never told you to get rid of it. You just need to learn something new again so that you could continue living on a fast paced changing world. And don't worry, Chenle and I are always here to help you."

"Thank you. You're so nice unlike that gay dolphin." He mumbled before laughing it out which was also followed by Jaehyun. "Speaking of help, can you do me a favor?"

Jaehyun just furrowed his eyebrows and started to look anxious of the next words the lad will say.

"Can you introduce me to your company?" Donghyuck's eyes were flapping like a bird trying to persuade the man who was now sitting beside him. That's the very last hope he has for him to avoid heartbreak of remaining jobless within that day. Jaehyun was still silent for two minutes before talking again.

"You are gay."

"Why don't you just answer me without pointing out my sexual orientation?"

"Follow me."

A huge building of floors people couldn't imagine to count welcomed the two. Donghyuck became speechless, his mouth wide opened as he ran his eyes from the top to the bottom block of Jaehyun's working place. It was not what he presumed to be. That imposing edifice was way to big compared to the companies he already tried to apply in. He suddenly felt so small.

"Are you okay?"

"You gotta be kidding me."

"Welcome."

"I really feel more gay-ish now."

The new fate he was trying to win over has now come before his eyes. A number of unsorted feelings came rummaging other thoughts in his mind. He tried to stay calm, peace and quiet and waited for everything to be absorbed by his entity. Will he finally make things possible on his own way or will it be the opposite?

—————————————————-

AUTHOR UNBRITCH Y'ALL
Hello and here's for chapter 1!
Care to know what's in my mind now?
Here.

"He's the gay one here!"

Shut up Donghyuck or I'll make you jobless forever.

"NOOOOOOO!"

GET READY FOR CHAPTER 2! /dances WE YOUNG lucas version im so into this/

DO NOT FORGET TO READ, VOTE AND FOLLOW! 💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

296K 27.6K 64
Third book of idol love series... Devotion- "Strongest form of love" All the characters are fictional. There is no connection with the real place or...
661K 40.4K 104
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
313K 6.9K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
1M 55K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...