Leah Clearwater and her Impri...

By ToriAnnBailey

"Do you know anything about the man living with Cameron?" I ask Billy. "Apparently he is an abusive homophobi... More

Part One
Part Two
Part Four
Part Five
Part Six

Part Three

2.2K 32 4
By ToriAnnBailey

Monday

Anyways, not to bother you with my lonely tale, I new something about today was different, so when I woke up, I turned off my alarm clock and got out of bed, stretching, listening to my back pop.

Then I look in the mirror, seeing my hair sticking out at all angles.

Then I laugh and turn on my radio.

Then I start to sing along with the song.

Last year's old news
I'm breaking out my six-string and playing from my heart
It's not deja vu
'Cause it's another summer, that's how this chapter starts

I'm gonna run so fast 'til I can't breathe
Come along and follow me
Let's make some noise we never did before

It's a brand new day
Don't you see me?
Changing up my ways
So completely

This time I'm gonna sing and you're gonna hear it
This time I'm gonna show you that I got the spirit
It's a brand new day
And I'm feeling good

So drama-free
I'm all about the music, I just wanna sing
Watch me live out my dreams
I'm gonna rock that stage and give my everything

I'm gonna dance until my feet can't move
Come along, get in the groove
Let's shine so brighter than we did before

It's a brand new day
Don't you see me?
Changing up my ways
So completely

This time I'm gonna sing and you're gonna hear it
This time I'm gonna show you that I got the spirit
It's a brand new day
And I'm feeling good

(What you gonna do? What you gonna do?)
I'm gonna laugh through the summer with you
(Who you gonna be? Who you gonna be?)
You'll just have to watch, I can't believe
(Where you gonna go? Where you gonna go?)
Anywhere my heart wants me to go

I'm gonna sing, I'm gonna dance
I'm gonna write, I'm gonna play
I'm gonna try my hand at everything

'Cause it's a brand new day
Don't you see me?
Changing up my ways
So completely

This time I'm gonna sing and you're gonna hear it
This time I'm gonna show you that I got the spirit
It's a brand new day

(It's a brand new day)
Don't you see me?
Changing up my ways
(Changing up my ways)
So completely

This time I'm gonna sing and you're gonna hear it
(Can you hear it?)
This time I'm gonna show you that I got the spirit
(Can you feel it?)

It's a brand new day
And I'm feeling good
(Feeling good)
And I'm feeling good
oooh
oooh

I sing along as I get dressed in one of the outfits I wore before I dated Sam, then I spray the vanilla perfume I like all over my clothes.

Then I grab my phone, and put it in my back pocket, and then, I put on a crystal necklace that Dad gave me before . . . I made him have a heart attack.

Then I put on the beaded skull bracelet he helped me make on my 15th birthday.

After that, I brush my hair and decide that I need a hair cut. I grab my wallet and walk to the hairdresser. When I walk in, I see Carly, my mom's friend. She ushers me to a chair immediately and asks me what I want done.

"I want it cut so short that it is like the guy's hair, but still girly." I tell her. She nods and smiles, covering my clothes up and getting started.

When she is done, she washed my hair, and then dries it.

After that, she takes me to look in the mirror. I like it. It is stylish, but still girly. I love it.

Picture below, not the woman, the hair.

I pay her the fifteen dollars I owe her and then I leave.

I walk the long way to Emily's house, overlooking the cliffs.

When I get there, I walk right in in and realize that Emily is the only one there.

"Hey, so you . . ." She trails off, staring.

"What did you do to your hair?" She asks.

"I had it cut. I like it better this way. " I smile and she looks shocked, coming closer and smelling me.

"So you have perfume on?" She asks.

I smile again.

"Yes, I do." I watch her assess my outfit, then stare at my eyes.

"Are you on drugs? Drinking alcohol?" She asks as the guys come in, staring as Sam pushed past them.

He too, stares at me as Seth and Jake come in, staring at me as well.

"No, I am not on drugs and no, I am not drinking." I smile and roll my eyes.

"She smiles? Did you know?" Jared asks Paul. I walk over and punch him in the arm.

He winces.

"Short term?" He whispers to Paul again. I punch him harder.

"No. I just like punching you." I shrug.

Then I get a text. I frown and pull my phone out of my back pocket. It is from Jonathan. I haven't seen him in a while. A year before I changed, at least.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Italics, Jonathan
Bold, Leah

I'm coming home, and I want to see you, I missed you. See you at Noon on Tuesday at our spot.

I will see you there. I promise.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I look up and realize everybody is staring at me.

"What?" I ask, confused.

"Did she giggle and blush?" Sam asks Emily.

"No. No. Most definitely not." I glare at my cousin.

Then I leave the house, going to Charlie's where I am positive my mom is.

When I get there, Mom is baking. I miss her on the cheek, and she turns around with a knife, holding it on me. I raise my hands and back away as she stares at me in shock.

"You see wearing actual clothes, and you got your hair cut. You even have your phone. Are you going drugs?" She asks me.

I sigh and roll my eyes.

"Why does everybody thing I am doing drugs or drinking alcohol?" I ask, sitting at the table.

"Are you? " she asks.

"Mom, no." I shake my head and she relaxes, putting the knife down and going back to making a cake. She hands me a fudge pop without turning around and I pop it in my mouth, moaning at the taste.

"I don't even have to ask if they are good." Mom says as Charlie walks in.

Hee kisses her cheek and glances at me, staring for a moment before he knocks out of it.

"What's with the . . .  um . . . change? " Charlie asks.

"It just felt like a new day, so I just picked something I haven't worn in a while." I tell hi m, quickly finishing my fudge pop.

"Are you going over to Emily's soon?" She asks.

"In a while." I respond, curiously. She bags the cake pops and the fudge pops. Then she sets the bag in front of me.

"Just the guys, Seth, and Emily only, not you." Mom says. I sigh and roll my eyes, then she gets another bag and fills it with all kinds of chocolatey delights.

I stare the bag die and Mom puts it in don't of me, Putting my name on the bag in bold letters. I squeal and grab a brownie, eating it's warm goodness.

"This is just yours." Mom says. I nod.

"Jonathan is coming back tomorrow." I tell her excitedly.

"The one who you had a crush on until he moved away?" She asks.

I nod.

"He had a sexy dad." Mom spaces, then sees Charlie staring at her.

"Hey, he was. Then he got older and started getting wrinkles long before a man his age should. He should not have gray hair at his age." She says, walking to Charlie and kissing him.

I wince and grab the two bags, walking to Emily's house.

When I get there, they guys are just starting to eat.

"Don't fill up, I brought dessert, but if you guys don't want it, I'm sure that the girls and I can eat all of it." The moment I say that, they all give me death glares.

Kim, Jared's imprint, glares at me and makes a face. Something I was totally not expecting.

Jared doesn't notice, and I walk past the angry imprint.

I set the bag of goodies for the pack on the counter and go to sit on the couch with mine, when Kim snatches it from me and starts eating it. I stare at her, trembling without the rest of the pack noticing.

"Leah, see you okay?" Emily asks, coming closer.

I point at Kim who stops sneering the moment I point at her.

"I've done nothing." She says. Emily goes back to the kitchen and Kim smirks, continuing to eat my delights.

I feel my wolf, pushing to come out. Everybody who knows me knows not to take my things. Especially my food.

"Kim, give it back, or else." I warn her.

"You can't hurt me." She smirks and I tremble even more.

I feel my eyes turn bright yellow.

"Give. My. Dessert. Back. Now." I growl. Now is when I wonder why the boys aren't doing anything, then I realize, they are still eating.

"I don't have to do shit." She smirks again.

I storm out of the house, slamming the door as hard as I can as I leave, storming into the woods, taking my clothes and shoes off quickly to shift.

It doesn't take as long as it usually does.

The next thing I know, I am running like the wind through the forest.

After about two hours, I hear the boy's voices in my head. I manage to completely block them out, not wanting Jared to know what his imprint did, even if it made me lose control.

After four more hours, I go to my clothes and pick them up in my mouth, carrying them to the woods next to my house.

I shift to my human form and quickly dress in my clothes, running into the house barefoot, past mom and a very emotional Seth, who both look worried.

I go straight to my room, closing and locking my door.

I take a long, hot shower and then I dress in my pajamas, going to sleep quickly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.8K 910 44
❛ 𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐡𝐢𝐦 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 ❜ ⎯ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 the broke...
350K 7.4K 40
Sheltered shifter Celeste runs away after disappointing her parents with another failure to secure a worthy mate bond, but she accidentally stumbles...
346K 10.2K 50
When a stubborn and intolerant, werewolf gets classified as a little puppy, her whole life changes as she is fetched by a Vampire. Starting date:12...
27.9K 494 21
You're no better than the useless omegas out there." He continued and I tugged at my chest. "I Axel Jameson Braun reject you Alyssa Megara Brown as m...