Reckless (MAFIA STORY)

By lexi34

Adaline James, known by the world as a gifted chef and blogger. Her world just got flipped upside down when... More

Author's Note
Ch. 1
Ch. 2
Ch. 3
Ch. 4
Ch. 5
Ch. 6
Ch. 7
Ch. 8
Ch. 9
Ch. 10
Ch. 11
Ch. 12
Ch. 13
Ch. 14
Ch. 16
Authors Note
Ch. 17
Ch. 18
Ch. 19
Ch. 20
Ch. 21
Ch. 22
Ch. 23
Ch. 24
Author's Note
Chapter 25
Ch. 26
Ch. 27
Ch. 28
Dont get too excited.
Ch. 29
Ch. 30
Ch. 31
Ch. 32
Sorry
Ch. 33
Ch. 34
Ch 35
Ch 36
Authors note
Ch. 37
Ch 38
Ch. 39
Ch. 40
Ch.
Ch. 41

Ch. 15

3.2K 89 7
By lexi34

hello!! chapter 16 will be up later today! 

thank you all so so so much for passing the 130 votes !!

_____________________________________

Leo Rossi

"The place is really starting to take shape." I nodded talking to the contractor who was fixing up the casino we purchased.

"Thank you Mr. Rossi, this has been our priority projects for the last few weeks." Steve gushed, he had been so nervous about what he was doing to the building.

"When will it be done?" Alec said curtly.

"I would say within the next 2-3 weeks Mr. Joslyn." Steve answered seeming nervous.

"Make it 1 week and I'll pay you fifty grand over your price." I cut in quickly.

Steve's eyes nearly fell out of his head, when I said that.

"Yes sir, if you don't mind I am going to get going right now.to get more men here to finish up the project." Steve nodded, and out the door he went.

"Leo, stop wasting our money." Alec hissed once Steve was out of hearing distance.

"My money. We are going to make well over a million dollars on the opening night of the casino don't you worry princess." I smirked at Alec, he hates it when I talk money to him because he is technically in charge of it.

"Why the hell are you so chipper?" Alec laughed shoving on my shoulder.

"Oh no reason." I shrugged and laughed with him as we made our way out the front doors of the casino.

"You didn't, did you?" Alec stopped and looked at me.

"Do what?" I asked raising a brow to him.

"Ada."

"Not quite, but it has to do with her."  I smiled.

How the hell does he always read me like a damn book.

"Sureeee." Alec winked at me.

"How, just how did you find out." I rolled my eyes at him swinging the drivers side door open.

"Because, you haven't been this giddy since uhh."

I gave Alec a death glare.

"Years ago, you haven't been this giddy since years ago." Alec tried to recover.

"Better, but fuck off." I shook my head and revved the engine up on my car.

Adaline James

"Order's 16 and 17's apps are both up." I called in the kitchen.

"Veg/ Gluten free bread and dairy free spread is ready for table 2." Cat called from right beside me.

I am so unbelievably happy to be working again.. Utterly smitten to be back, all of my workers let me back with minimal questioning.

"AJ table 12 has compliments to the chef and wants you out there!" One of the waitresses called into the kitchen quickly.

I washed my hands and brushed the flour from my apron and headed for the door, I pushed open the door and made my way over to the table. I rounded the corner of the room and saw the man who had me hostage with Giovanni along with Me. Valentino, holy fuck no. I turned on my heels but it wasn't fast enough.

"Dear Adaline, Leo already has you back at work?" Valentino hissed.

"Going so fast? Are you not going to let us compliment the chef?" The man next to him called.

I turned around and looked at them.. Shit shit shit.

"Thank you for stopping by, I hopped you enjoyed your meals." I snarky said trying to leave this situation as fast as possible..

"You look different dressed dear. It isn't a good think." The man said.

I turned and walked away as fast as possible.

I pulled my phone from my pocket and called Leo, it rang twice before I got an answer

'Hello?'

'Leo, the man Giovanni was working with is at the restaurant along with the man the sold me off it for the night please please get here now." I blurted as fast as I could.

"Ada we are an hour away from the restaurant, I will send Dante and Paolo. Do not leave the kitchen and don't go anywhere by yourself until they are there." Leo sounded concerned, which pleased me because I want to be out of here now., and thanks to them I still have no car.

'Make them hurry please." I shut my phone and went into the kitchen trying to act like everything was fine..

I continued to cook trying to keep my mind off of the men sitting out in the restaurant, they better not pull any shit.. I can't handle it..

"AJ what's up?" Cat asked me looking concerned.

"What do you mean?" I asked trying to remain calm.

"You are pale as a ghost." She stated.

"Oh, my mom just called and said she wanted to visit so I am a tad startled by that." I lied right through my teeth.

"Oh that makes sense." Cat laughed and continued on with what she was doing, thank god.

I was aimlessly mixing foods together until I heard yelling..

I ran to the security monitors to see what was happening when I saw Valentino holding a gun to the head of a young woman and the other man yelling.. I couldn't make out exactly what he was saying.. I grabbed the security tapes out of the player.

"Everyone get out!" I yelled as loud as I possibly could when I heard the sound of a gunshot and screaming..

"Leave leave NOW!" i yelled once again going over to the kitchen doors the lead in here. I myself ran out of the kitchen to the back door once everyone else in the kitchen had dispersed from the room.

I heard another shot in the front of the restaurant.. Fuck this cannot be happening..

I knew there was nothing I could do.. I ran out the back door and behind the dumpster waiting for Dante and Paolo to arrive..

I picked up my phone and called the police

'Hello, this is Adaline James. There is an active shooter at the AdaJ's location.. '

'Help is on the way, please stay on the line until the police arrive.' the women on the other line said.

I hung up against her wishes and called Dante whose phone went immediately to voicemail..

'Dante get your ass here, they have guns and are shooting people.'

I heard the metal kitchen door fly open and smash against the outer wall. I got as close to the dumpster as I could hopping I couldn't be seen.

"She should be out here, she doesn't have a car.. Mario said she was dropped off by Leo this morning." I heard the man whose name I didn't know.

"Go look around in the kitchen once more, I'll look around back here." Valentino's voice called.

My heart sank.. I slid over to the side of the dumpster with the side opening.. I held my breath and slid into the container nearly without a sound..

I could hear his footsteps getting closer and closer to the dumpster.. I threw a bag on top of me trying to be completely buried within the trash.

"Miss. James, I know you have to be close. Your boyfriend hasn't came to pick you up yet.." Valentino snickered and from what I could tell her was right outside of the dumpster

My phone started to vibrate in my pocket, fuck fuck fuck.. It was buzzing on the metal of the dumpster.. I tried to silent it before he heard it but I'm not sure I did.

I didn't hear anything near me.. I took a light sigh remaining silent.. Thank god he didn't hear that..

I felt the bag that was above my face being lifted.

"Nice try Miss. James." Valentino grabbed my ponytail pulling him toward him.

My heart sank.. I honestly can't go through any more torture with these men.

He continued try to pull me out of the dumpster.. I tried my hardest to resist the pulling, as hard as I could. I weaseled my hand to the side door of the dumpster and slammed it has hard as ai could on his hand.

"Holy fuck, you didn't just fucking do that." He yelled.

I held the door on his hand trying to hold it there as long as possible.. But he was undeniably stronger than I am.

He was pulling on the door so I let it go and let the momentum of the door and his strength go flying back at him. I took the maybe minute I had and jumped out of the other side of the dumpster and began running.

I could hear sirens getting closer and closer, so I ran toward the sirens and didn't stop until I had a police car in sight.

"Adaline, get your fucking ass back here." Valentino yelled as he began to run toward me clearly ignoring the police cars that were clearly heading right toward us.

He pulled the gun out from his waistband..

"Ada get in." I heard Dante scream whipping his car in front of me in between Valentino and I.. I heard a gunshot that hit the car.. I hopped into the the backseat with Marco grabbing my arm pulling me toward the ground of the car.

"Stay down Ada." Paolo said pulling a gun out and shooting out his window toward Valentino who was still shooting hitting the windows and the doors of the cra.

Dante had the car flying down the road and down allies to avoid the police.

"Is everyone ok?" Marco asked helping me up from the floor.

"I think so." Dante shrugged and everyone nodded in agreement.

I looked at my phone, which had thirteen missed calls from Leo..

This won't be fun..

____________________________________

ooh what do you all think of the events occurring???

be sure to vote and comment!!!

let me know what you think Leo is going to do when he finally sees Adaline??

xoxo

lex

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

755K 25.9K 58
"Stop fighting it so much Ari, I know you want me just as much as I want you." His lustful voice was like a whisper, his hot breath caressing my face...
481K 18.3K 53
Daniela O'Brien. Dani is the girl you would say has absolutely no luck going for her at all. Two dead parents, an estranged sister and an abusive, c...
241K 2.2K 67
"Why can't we be together?" "Because then i'll have to kill you." - Cassie lived with her big sister Ariene, She never really knew her parents, Cassi...
391K 16.4K 41
"I don't fear darkness. I am the darkness." Being the leader of the largest Mafia group in USA, Ruslan Searlus is a man to be petrified of. Everyone...