Hating Miss Popular (On hold...

De Kenzhie127

Sydney Wood was pretty hot, rich, and popular, but most students in Manhattan High hated her if not envied he... Mais

Author's note
Chapter one: Mental confusion
Chapter two: At the enemy's lair
Chapter three:The threat
Chapter five: Accident on the ramp
Chapter six: An awkward situation
Chapter seven: Mr.Pesky is on patrol 24/7
Chapter eight: Nightmare from the past
Chapter nine: Feelings in turmoil

Chapter four: The stalker

79 5 0
De Kenzhie127

I woke up a bit early today, or rather, I didn't sleep at all. Jacque will be hysterical if she sees my dark circles and gigantic eye bags right when I'm about to have a photo shoot. Well, nothing can beat a professional eye concealer from a trusted brand, I hope so. The reason for this dreadful, sleepless night is that my frigging conscience is bugging me for getting Cole suspended and I am more bothered by the thought that I am bothered by it. I'm not supposed to feel any remorse about such petty things. I did a lot of awful stuffs to other students before too, which led them to drop out of school. So why am I having this kind of turmoil? The worst part is, the fact that I'm feeling this strange emotion toward a guy and a cocky guy at that. I shook my head excessively, thinking that all the crazy thoughts will disappear but to no avail. I decided to get up and do some cardio workout. I usually jog around this time, so I might just do the usual routine. I washed my face, then changed my silk sleepwear into black sweat pants and blue hoodie over my white sleeveless fitted blouse. I grabbed my running shoes and went out to jog. It's still a little dark since it's just a quarter to five in the morning. I headed Northwest on East 64th Street to Madison Avenue, then after some time, I turned right onto 5th Avenue. I made another turn to the left onto 65th Street. I felt exhilarated for running about 7 minutes or so. Then I felt something seems strange, like someone's following me. I stopped and looked around, but there's no one around. I stared at the dark alleys, but I can't see anything. It's eerily quiet. I shivered at the thought that maybe there's some psychopath lurking in those scary dark alleys, just waiting to pounce on me. I ran again, this time more faster toward Central park. My heart is beating fast and I'm almost out of breath. I felt relieved when I saw there are some few people around doing their early exercise. I slowly stopped and squeaked when someone grabbed my shoulder.

“Hey! It's me, Syd. Chill.” I heard Harry's voice. I stopped struggling from his grasped and calmed myself. I glanced at him, feeling a bit embarrassed by my strange behavior. There are a few people staring at us, looking curious and some are a bit concerned about me. But they continued on their exercise again when Harry gestured that we're good and I nodded.

“Harry.” I breathed. “I'm sorry about that. I'm a bit edgy today. Didn't sleep well.” I said, smiling to hide my nervousness from earlier. Maybe I'm just imagining things because of lack of sleep and probably because of those emails I've received lately.

“Something bothering you?” He asked with a curious look in his face.

“No. Just lack of sleep, I guess. I'm thinking of some crazy things.” I lied half of it. It's true that I lacked of sleep that's why I'm on edge, but I didn't say the reason why I'm sleepless. Anyway, it's kinda complicated with some crazy stuffs about my weird feelings toward Cole and the threats that I've received lately, all mixed together is driving me nuts.

“I see. Well, crazy stuffs happen all the time.” He said with a shrugged. Then I realized, what's he doing here?

“What are you doing here, anyway?” I voiced out my thoughts and eyed him surreptitiously.

“I'm taking my morning run, same as you. Obviously.” I rolled my eyes at hearing him speak with his usual arrogance. Rich kids are born to be arrogant, I believe. If not all, I dare say, almost.

“Isn't your place kinda far from here?” Harry lives on Grosvenor street, Douglaston in Queens and it takes about 30 minutes or so by car to here. I wonder why he has to go here just to jog.

“Nope. I moved around here just yesterday, a few blocks from your place, I guess.” He gave me a smug smile.

“Are you following me?” I asked suspiciously, making him chuckle.

“As much as I love being near you, My Queen, I'm not that desperate.” He said cockily.

“Then, what a coincidence. Welcome to the neighborhood.” I jested sardonically and started running again. He joined me while laughing. Clearly, I'm out of my mind. I even suspected Harry as the one following me like a stalker a while ago. Harry was right. He's not that desperate to go to that extent of following me. Upper East side of Manhattan is a good place for rich people like us and near our school. What could possibly be the reason aside from that? Though I'm still a bit suspicious about him.

“Actually, my dad lives around this area. I'll be staying at his place for awhile. Got into a fight with my mom.” He confided coolly.

“Oh.” That made me erased his name on my stalker slash psycho list. I knew about his parents, same as mine, had divorced, but as for him, just last year. So, I kinda sympathized with him. “Let's run to that and blow off some steam.” He laughed in response and outran me. I just smiled. Maybe Harry is not that bad. Well, as a friend. Only as a friend. I hope he'll not press on. After half an hour of running around Central Park, we decided to go back. I'm glad Harry was with me. The strange feeling of someone following me, disappeared as well. Maybe, whoever was following me got scared when that person saw Harry. He's a big and muscular guy after all. That is, if I was really being followed.

“See you later.” He said and ran towards the Northwest on East 80th street. I scanned the area just around my place to make sure no one is following me before I went in. I checked my sports watch. It's just six. Jacque must still be asleep. She usually wakes up at six-thirty. I climbed the stairs to my room on the third floor and had a quick shower. My first class starts at seven-thirty. It's still early. I still have plenty of time to prepare and Manhattan High is just a 9-10 minutes drive by car, depending on the traffic, of course. I got out of the shower after twenty minutes and went to look for something to wear in my dressing room. My mom sent some new clothes from High Society for me to use and endorse. As one of their models, my mom obliges me to wear HS collection. Well, I'm not opposed to it as the clothes my mom and her junior designers make are pretty good and classy. It's also the reason why my mom chose, Manhattan High. It's a private school, but it doesn't have a school uniform except for PE class, so I can promote HS clothes, which is very effective by the way. A lot of girls in school are using what I'm wearing. Manhattan High caters to rich students even celebrities and that's a good place for business. I decided to wear the white bustier crop top. I placed a sleeveless single breasted denim vest with a turn-down collar over it and a coral skater skirt which the hem didn't touch my knee. Then I went to my shoe cabinet. I picked my recently bought Christian Louboutin flats with Swarovski crystals. I wore a matching Louis Vuitton bangles and stud earrings. I brushed my hair up in a messy bun and put on a light makeup, especially on my eyes for the finishing touch. Now, I glanced at my reflection through the life-size mirror in my dressing room, satisfied. My concept for today is a bit of street side-look with a touch of class. It's my summer-autumn combo fashion statement. Fashion is how you carry yourself confidently in whatever you wear in the first place. I believe that no matter what I wear, I can pull it off. It's what you call, CONFIDENCE. It's an important word in the fashion world. As my motto states; “It's not what you wear, but how you wear it.”A knock from my door, then Rita popped in, looking dazzled as she saw me. I rolled my eyes.

This girl never learns. I glowered at her.

“Did I tell you to come in?” I asked calmly, but I made sure my eyes told her that I'm annoyed at her. Her eyes widened at the realization.

“Oh! I'm s-so s-sorry, Miss... I-I t-hought.” She stammered, but I just ignored her. I grabbed my matching Louis Vuitton cream sling bag and went out.

====#####====

After school, which was quite tedious, I went straight to High Society for my rescheduled photo shoot. I was glad I didn't receive any weird emails, but I'm still guilty about Cole. The photo shoot lasted an hour or so, but I was glad for the distraction. I went to the dressing room afterward and was horrified to see a hideous vandalism on the mirror using a red lipstick. It said;

DIE BITCH!

I WANT YOUR ANNOYING PRETTY

FACE MARRED WITH MY KNIFE!

I furiously erased the red markings with my hands and was startled to hear my mom's voice behind me.

“What are you doing, dear?” Jacque stared at me, wondering what I'm doing. I'm relieved I was able to erase the vandalism when my mom came in. I don't want her to fuss about this. Jacque Babineaux well just over-exaggerate about it and I don't want any of that crap. It's just so needlessly bothersome.

“M-mom! Um, nothing. I'm cleaning the mirror.” I uttered a bit weird. Jacque's flawless brow from having a Botox recently, furrowed a bit.

“Are you alright, darling?”

“Yeah. I'm fine. Are we going out for dinner now?”

“I'm so sorry, dear. I think we have to cancel our dinner date today. I have to meet a client.” She said and I wonder if it's a client or a new man she's dating.

“It's OK, mom. I'll just go home or call one of my friends.” When Jacque went out, I hurriedly changed and went out. I looked around, checking for someone who looks weird or is looking at me strangely, but everyone seems busy doing their job. Then I saw the janitor. I hurriedly went to him.

“Hey. Excuse me.”

“Yes, ma'am?” He eyed me curiously. He's a middle-age man with a kind-looking face.

“I was just wondering if you saw someone entering that dressing room over there?” I said while pointing my finger in the direction of my dressing room.

“Yes. There were a few. The hair and makeup stylist went in and some staffs who brought some clothes in there and the last one I saw is, Ms. Babineaux.”

“Anyone suspicious?” I asked, sounding like Nancy Drew.

“Nah. I'm too old to notice, kid.” He said, shaking his head. I sighed and went out of the building. Whoever this lunatic is, I won't give her or him the satisfaction to see me vexed by this stupid prank. Come to think of it, I haven't thought about the gender of this crazy person who's trying to scare me. I'm assuming it's a girl. Most girls hate me and the boys would rather pester me to date them than play this scaring-me-shit trick.

I started my car after deciding to just go home. Then I was surprised that I ended up stopping my car in front of Cole's condo at Tribeca. I'm really out of my mind. I'm not thinking clearly. I even got out of my car and stood in front of the condominium building.

Ugh! This is ridiculously insane! My mind screamed and I turned around to go back to my car when I bumped into something hard.

“What are you doing here?” I was speechless. Cole caught me in his arms when I almost lost my balance and he is staring at me coldly. Shit! This is really awkward...

“I-I was looking for...” My brain is working on for some lame excuse then an idea came. “..Terroir to meet Lucy and seemed like I got lost.” I said finally. Cole looked at me skeptically and let go of me.

“Really... And you ended up in front of my condo?” If he's not looking serious and mad at me right now, I might say that he's smirking at me.

“Yeah. Are you trying to imply that I did this on purpose? Ha! Impossible!” I denied in an arrogant manner to cover up my embarrassment.

“Whatever you say. You're on Jay street and Terroir is at 24 Harrison street. It's a three minute drive from here. Just head East towards Staple street, turn left onto Hudson street---He was explaining so seriously and looking so handsome that my mind stop to work. I was staring at him like a lovesick puppy. He looks so good right now. He's wearing a blue cashmere v-neck sweater over a white shirt with a black leather jacket, faded jeans and black sneakers. His dark hair is tousled as usual. Why does he look so damn good in my eyes?Did he put a hex on me? My thoughts were disrupted when Cole's hand wave in front of my face.

“What?” I snapped, angry at myself.

“Did you hear what I've said?” He asked impassively. I can't tell if he's amused or annoyed or whatever since he's giving me a cold treatment and I'm not kinda use to this kind of Cole.

So you missed the way he bothers you? My evil subconscious sneered at me. No! I wanna deny it, but my subconscious is laughing at me.

“Yeah.” I said, looking pissed.

“OK.” He said and went in his condo without looking back. I sighed and decided to just really go to Terroir. I need a drink anyway. I was glad that the place isn't packed. I sat on the stool at the bar and ordered a cosmopolitan but the bartender eyed me suspiciously. I smiled at him charmingly and glad that he'd forgotten to ask for my ID. It's a good thing, I changed my lipstick to a shade of red. It made me look a bit older than my age. I was drinking my fifth glass when I felt like someone is looking at me. The same weird thing I felt early this morning like someone is watching my every move. I turned my head instantly and saw someone afar, staring at me. I'm not sure if it's a woman or a man since that person is wearing a dark hoodie and the place is a bit dark. In addition, I also feel a bit tipsy and kinda dizzy because of the alcohol. I'm not even sure if that person is really looking at me but my gut feeling screamed danger. I hurriedly paid my bill and when I looked back to that direction, that person was gone. I felt a deep chill down my spine. I'm pretty sure someone has been stalking me, since this morning on my way to Central park, at HS building, and now here. I jumped off the stool and staggered.

“Are you OK, Miss?” The bartender asked when he saw my unsteady stance.

“Y-yeah.” I smiled at him reassuringly in spite of my jumpy nerves. I walked toward the door and went out only to scream when someone grabbed my arm. I kicked and screamed, but the stranger covered my mouth.

“God, Sydney! Will you calm down?” A voice that so familiar to me now hissed in frustration. I stopped struggling and gazed up at Cole. I've never thought or even crossed my mind, since we've met that I'll be glad to see his handsome face today.

“Oh my God!” I cried and threw my arms around him. I felt that he was surprised by my sudden action, but didn't push me away.

“Hey. What's wrong, baby? Where's your friend?” He whispered softly while stroking my hair. I didn't answer. I just sniffed and hugged him tightly. I just felt relieved that he's here. “Hush now, it's alright...”

====####====

I woke up with a strange yet warm feeling. My pillow smelled so good and feels so warm. Oddly, it radiates a heat that warms my body. I hugged it tightly. Strangely, my pillow feels so hard yet so comfortable. I also feel like something heavy is wrapped around my waist. I ran my fingers over my pillow and I was shocked to feel the hard surface twitched and moaned. I instantly opened my eyes and gasped. Cole is sleeping like a baby, facing me while his left arm is wrapped around me and shirtless. Oh my God! I spent the night at his place and on his frigging bed! Then my memory from last night came flashing back---I was scared and drunk, then Cole wanted to drive me home but I insisted on sleeping with him. I even threw up on his shirt and then I blushed when I remembered the kiss. I grabbed him last night and kissed him when he laid me down on his bed. I kissed him! Shit! Ugh! I'm a frigging slut! Thanked God, I fell asleep, if I hadn't... I squeezed my eyes shut, I can't imagine what would happen if I didn't doze off. I stared at his sleeping face. He looks so vulnerable and naive when he sleeps with his hair all tousled and some strands covered part of his left eye. I was even tempted to brush the stray hair away from his eyes with my fingers. I was also amazed how a guy can have these thick and long lashes. He just looks so adorable right now. I dropped my eyes on his chest and my hands twitched in a temptation to run my fingers on his muscular chest, his six pack abs, and toned biceps. My crazy and embarrassing thoughts were disrupted when Cole stirred. What in the hell am I thinking?! I'm fantasizing about a guy in his sleep and was even tempted to feel his muscles with my fingers, taking advantage of him! I heaved a sigh and slowly removed his arm on my waist. I heard him groan softly. I shot him a glance and was thankful that he's still asleep. I can't face him now or for a long time after this embarrassing predicament. I slowly rolled off the bed, only to be pulled back by a set of strong arms. I screamed out of surprise and was rewarded by Cole's husky laughter and slightly squeezed me in his arms.

“Morning...” He whispered, still eyes closed and buried his face on my neck. I completely froze. What the hell is this situation? How am I gonna act in this kind of situation? Then my eyes, all of a sudden, came across the oversize gray cotton shirt that I'm wearing. I furiously slapped his face and stood up on the bed, looking down on his startled face. He definitely looks cute right now, but it didn't ease my anger.

“What was that for?” He asked, holding his face while glaring at me.

“You undressed me again! You pervert!” I yelled down at him and put my hands on both of my hips and stomped my feet childishly. He stared at me for a moment, then he burst into laughter. I kicked his leg, but he caught it, pulling me. I lost my balance and fell on the bed. Cole was like Flash, he swiftly moved on top of me, pinning me on the bed. “Get the hell off me you, frigging pervert!” I hissed, but he just grinned at me.

“If you can recall, you threw up on me and on your clothes as well. I'm sure you wouldn't want to sleep in those stinky clothes, would you? I'm not that heartless you know. Don't worry, I didn't peek.” He said acting serious but, I can tell he's laughing at me. I just don't know what to say. I hate to admit it, but he's right and it's my fault. I forced him to take me to his condo. Ugh! After this, I'll never ever gonna drink alcohol again!

“Whatever. Just get off me.” I mumbled, not meeting his piercing, gray eyes.

“Not gonna happen.” He smirked. I glared at him indignantly. He's enjoying this immensely. This jerk is laughing at my discomfort! I sighed heavily. I don't have the strength to argue with him anymore. I feel so tired and a bit hungover. “Hey. Are you OK?” He gave me a worried look, but I just ignored him. “If you're not gonna answer me, I'll kiss you.” He warned.

“I'm fine!” I answered back as fast as the lightning. He chuckled, but turned serious afterward.

“So, what happened last night? You looked so scared.” He eyed me eagerly.

“It was nothing. I was just surprised. Now, can you get off me?” I asked calmly, opposite with my heart, which is hammering loudly.

“It wasn't nothing, Syd. You were crying—-”

“Let's drop it, OK?” I asked, showing my irritation. I closed my eyes when I felt a sudden dizziness. I really hate having a hangover. I didn't hear him answer so I opened my eyes. Cole is staring down at me intensely.

“Shall we continue where we left off last night?” He whispered huskily. My eyes widen and muttered a protest only to be cut-off when Cole claimed my already parted mouth. This is totally insane. I'm responding to his kiss like it's the most normal thing to do. I can't even stop my hands from roaming around his body. I feel like I'm a sexually repressed person and now I just burst out like some kind of a teenage sex maniac who can't seem to suppress the raging hormones that is screaming to let out. I heard Cole groan delectably when I raked my knuckles through his messy yet sexy hair. I'm losing all my senses. Then a loud buzz from a phone ringing brought me back to my senses, but Cole didn't mind and continued on kissing me like he doesn't have any plans of letting me breathe. I pushed him weakly. He rumbled something indistinct and kissed my neck.

“Get the hell off me!” I hissed and pushed him as much as my strength can offer. He finally let me go and rolled off the bed with a hint of irritation and marched to the bathroom without giving me a glance back. I was a bit confused about his action, but I don't have the time to decipher his attitude. I grabbed my things and hurriedly went out of his room and out of his condo just wearing his shirt and my Christian Louboutin flats. I didn't even give a damn about some few people I came across, staring at me curiously. I fired up my car as soon as I got in and sped up. I just need a breath of fresh air to clear my mind, but I guess I couldn't get that in a busy city such as New York.

=======#####=======

Hi guys! Sorry it took a while before I was able to update.

How's this chapter?

Please vote/comment and don't forget to follow me!

Thanks! XOXO

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

426K 7.8K 41
(Slowly re-writing) MATURE CONTENT (18+) What will your reaction. If a nerd of your college, you save from bully came out as A MAFIA BOSS....??? "...
79.4K 2.7K 51
She thought he was her college professor. Reality check: he was anything but. ~~~ 🖤 ~~~ Ellora Davis is an average college student, naive of the dan...
3.6M 89.8K 54
"I don't like him." I murmur against his lips. "It's only ever been you, Noah." He continues to kiss me, his hand now caressing my cheek gently. "H...
116 0 16
***Trigger warning*** this will cover some sensitive topics, that may be triggering to some readers, I ask that if you are triggered by mentions of S...