A Pirate for the Dead Goddess...

By FaeWhit

"Farzaneh..." I pull her to me, flinching when my sleeve rolls back, her eyes drawn to the markings. On my ba... More

Author's Note
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
The End

Chapter Forty-Five

298 42 8
By FaeWhit

Ignoring the shrieking from the other two, bound creatures, I kneel towards the Alchemist. Something about that suntanned skin. The black hair and salt-and-pepper beard.

The eyes. I must see his eyes.

He turns to me, eyes swollen shut from bruising. Tenderly, I tilt his chin upwards, trying to find something.

Farzaneh hugs close to my side. Ali and Sol push against the metal doors, Kura fixes the locks, and Malika reinforces the heavy metal with shielding magic.

"Lucky..." Fari glances nervously back, "the council members will get reinforcements, you know. We should just do what we came here to do. Neutralize as many threats as possible." She looks pointedly to the Alchemist. "Starting with the man who engineered all these... creatures."

"No, his eyes... I have to see them."

Instead of telling me I'm mad, that I'm putting everyone in jeopardy. Instead of telling me I'm wrong to satisfy my curiosity, because I am... Fari pauses.

"Hurry." She whispers, low enough the others, in their commotion with the doors, cannot hear. She leans down, presses her hand gently against his eyelids.

Healing magic, glowing gently. A single tear drips from her eye... no, not tears. She's sweating, hard, to keep her power from overwhelming her. To keep the magic healing instead of fire and destruction.

The Alchemist, slowly, opens his healed eyes.

They're the color of the sands of Akua.

He brings me to him, despite the manacles digging into his bruised, slashed arms.

"E kuʻu keiki," those arms, the scent. The shadowed figure I'd seen in my dreams, sailing to make his fortune on the seas. The one I simultaneously admired and loathed. My... my...

He repeats the phrase, and I dare not believe it.

"E ku'u keiki. My child."

***

Well Pirates,

Lucky's gotten all the plot twists. Shame, he should've shared more.

But the story continues...

Best

Sophia

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.2K 2K 44
[Featured by @WattpadSeries] Eva's life has not been the same since her marriage. Besides facing issues at home, our captain must deal with a mysteri...
483 33 15
a rebellious teenage girl is sent on a pilgrimage to atone for her sins. Contains violence and dark content. Excerpt (chapter 2): Erin looks again at...
4.7K 320 38
In the Caribbean Sea during the fall of 1674, the tides have picked up and the sea calls for those who actively listen for its beckoning song. Aimee...
31.7K 3.4K 88
RUMPELSTILTSKIN RETELLING. "I challenge you to find my name, princess. Three tries." Light flickers beneath the recesses of his mask, the wooden fan...