Otherwordly Evil Monarch

By XenSanders

Introduction (by podao001): Jun Xie was the number one assassin in modern earth. His skills and knowledge in... More

Chapters 1~5
Chapters 6~10
Chapters 11~15
Chapters 16~20
Chapters 21~25
Chapters 26~30
Chapters 31~35
Chapters 36~40
Chapters 46~50
Chapters 51~60
Chapters 61~70
Chapters 71~80
Chapters 81~90
Chapters 91~100
Chapters 101~110
Chapters 111~120
Chapters 121~130
Chapters 131~140
Chapters 141~150
Chapters 151~160
Chapters 161~170
Chapters 171~180
Chapters 181~190
Chapters 191~200
Chapters 201~210
Chapters 211~220
Chapters 221~230
Chapters 231~240
Chapters 241~250
Chapters 251~260
Chapters 261~270
Chapters 271~280
Chapters 281~290
Chapters 291~300
Chapters 301~310
Chapters 311~320
Chapters 321~330
Chapters 331~340
Chapters 341~350
Chapters 351~360
Chapters 361~370
Chapters 371~380
Chapters 381~390
Chapters 391~400
Chapters 401~410
Chapters 411~420
Chapters 421~430
Chapters 431~440
Chapters 441~450
Chapters 451~460
Chapters 461~470
Chapters 471~480
Chapters 481~490
Chapters 491~500
Chapters 501~510
Chapters 511~520
Chapters 521~530
Chapters 531-540
Chapters 541-549
Chapters 550-564
Chapters 565-586
Chapters 587-605

Chapters 41~45

4K 137 13
By XenSanders

Chapter 041 Capital Turned Upside Down

Regular Chapter

Naturally, Jun Xie had no idea that the item within his hands was actually a Heavenly defying treasure. His mind was currently occupied with thoughts on how to explain himself if he were to return it to the Tang Family. What reason can he give out to explain how this item fell into his hands? If he does not return it to the Tang Family, then would it be of any benefit for him to leave it by his side? He does not even know exactly what this item was, and thus had no clue as to how much it was worth!

After a long time, he was still unable to come up with anything. Then, he wrapped up the Xuan Core and placed it back into the Cold Jade box, and then into the Goldensilk Sandalwood box. Weighing it in his hands, he placed it beside his pillow. After considering for a few more moments, he pushed it inside and covered it with his pillow.

This was not to say that Jun Xie had recognized that this was a precious treasure and had wanted to keep a close eye on it. Rather, it was because he had once heard that the scent from the sandalwood is very beneficial towards sleep...

Once there was a gentlemen who bought a box but returned the pearls within it, a tale worth a thousand laughter's! Jun Xie's actions today, perhaps...

It was already night time and the rain had finally began to stop.

Grandfather Tang Wanli's grey hair was standing straight up, his fury rising to the skies!

He had restrained himself as he charged towards the Li Family and Meng Family, intending to raise havoc for both. But when he reached the Li Family, he instead suffered from a soft type of retaliation and was forced to leave. He then moved against the Meng Family, raising havoc there, venting out the anger inside him, causing chickens to fly and dogs to jump. Unexpectedly, a heavy rain occurred once he arrived at the Meng Family! Being unable to return caused Grandfather Tang to become even more provoked. In return, he threw an even bigger fit in the Meng Family Residence, cursing everyone to the point of choking on his or her own blood.

How could he have imagined that as he was throwing a fit, someone from his residence would urgently rush here to report that something was stolen from his residence. At that moment, Grandfather Tang felt a blaring noise fill his head as all the blood in his body surged upwards to his brain...

He came to vent his wrath upon others, but instead his own house was turned upside down by someone else. In addition, it even involved an inside job! There was no need to inquire what was stolen. Grandfather Tang knew that the item was certainly an important item that he personally valued; otherwise, the messenger would never have rushed over through such a heavy rain to inform him! As for which personal valuable that was stolen, the most valuable could only be the Xuan Core!

Although he had thought it through, Grandfather Tang tried holding onto the possibility that such was not the case and inquired about the stolen item. As long as it was not the Xuan Core, then everything would be fine. Unfortunately, what he feared the most had indeed come to pass. The stolen item was none other than the Xuan Core, which he valued as much as his own life! Grandfather Tang's vision became clouded by blackness and he almost fainted on the spot.

Ever since the day he obtained it, Tang Wanli knew that he had managed to obtain a precious treasure. All that was required was for his younger generation to focus on Xuan Qi cultivation and cultivate to the point of Earth Xuan rank. After which, he would do everything in his power, even if it meant throwing his face into the gutters, to invite a few Sky Xuan ranked experts, or perhaps even a Supreme Divine Xuan ranked expert to help him out. With their help, the Xuan Core could be utilized to propel his younger generation into the Sky Xuan rank!

Once that happened, then as long as the Sky Xuan ranked expert remained alive, the prosperity of the Tang Family would also remain! As for himself, he was already too old. Even if he were to use the Xuan Core to increase his level of cultivation, he may not be able to live that much longer. Extension of longevity was only possible if he could achieve the Supreme Divine Xuan rank, however he simply does not possess that kind of talent, even with the help of this exceptionally rare treasure!

How could he have expected the changes that would affect his plans? He had two sons, the first had no talent to speak of, the second was fairly capable but was more interested in literature and disliked martial arts cultivation. He stopped cultivating after reaching a mere Ninth level Xuan Qi, never bothering to even attempt breaking through into the Silver level. Although his career as a government official had gone smoothly, there was no powerful expert within the family. This feeling where their family's future and wellbeing rested upon the hands of others was simply distasteful.

The civil and military officials were naturally all under the governance of His Majesty, the Emperor. However, as long as their family have a Sky Xuan expert, then even the Emperor must consider carefully if His Majesty wished to deal with them!

Faced with no other options, Grandfather Tang could only place his hopes on his grandsons instead. This time around, his hopes seemed to be well worth it as a few of his grandsons had shown promising talent. With the exception of the eldest grandson, Tang Yuan who preferred business to martial arts, his other three grandsons highly respected the value of Xuan Qi cultivation and worked arduously in regards to Xuan Qi cultivation. This allowed the old Grandfather Tang to feel relieved. He believed that one of his grandsons would be able to step upon the Earth Xuan rank within ten years' time. As for himself, he was positive that he could continue on for another ten more years.

He believed that the positive effect of using the Xuan Core on his grandson would surpass the effect of using it on his son. As long as everything proceeded smoothly, Tang Family would not face any problems in either the royal court or the outside for nearly one whole century. How could he have foreseen that after waiting for so many years, after enduring thousands of bitter hardships to gather the necessary herbs, after his grandsons had already succeeded in breaking through to the Silver level, possibly requiring only a few more years before meeting the necessary requirements, the most critical item ended up being stolen!

At this moment, Tang Yuan was in the middle of venting his own anger. Clutching one and a half million worth in silver bills, he grabbed onto Meng Haizou's collar, insisting on redeeming the sword and accompaniment jade. How was Meng Haizou to produce them? All he could do was bow profusely and talked ingratiatingly, his face dripping with sweat.

Feeling helpless at his own predicament, Grandfather Tang issued the command to return home. Feeling irritable and filled with only the thought of reaching home, he lashed out a kick at Tang Yuan who was still ranting non-stop. Before leaving, Tang Yuan hollered at them. If they were unable to produce the precious sword and accompaniment jade in three days' time, then he would go forward and report it directly to His Majesty, the Emperor. Those words caused Meng Haizou to crap his pants.

Of course, each word he said came at a price, for each word he said, Grandfather Tang gave him two vicious kicks, causing his buttocks to roll around.

After hurrying home urgently, Grandfather Tang erupted with anger again. He had every one of the Tang Family's elite house guards sent out, openly and wantonly searching all corners! As for those sixteen men who were killed trying to escape from the Tang Residence and the six corpses found on the streets, he had them well preserved. In addition to finding people to identify the bodies, he also had their images drawn out and handed over to the Ministry of Justice. Through the Ministry of Justice, he offered a reward of one hundred thousand silver liangs for any knowledge of these people!

As for the few escaped servants from his own residence, the reward for them was double. No matter what, he must capture the mastermind!

Within one day, the entire capital was turned upside down.

In three days' time, the entire world was turned upside down!

At the same time, Li Youran and the Li Family showed no external movements on their part, taking on the attitude of a watchful bystander. Secretly however, they were moving with all their might. Li Youran had everyone involved strictly interrogated, and anyone that showed hints of suspicious behaviour were tortured endlessly in the most painful manner. Killing a thousand innocents was better than letting go of one criminal! It was important for him to find out who was trying to go against him! After merely two days, many had found themselves unable to continue under the cruel tortures and died! The Li Family's secret forces too moved out in full force, seeking information from all four corners.

All the great families within the capital were able to catch the scent of something unusual within these series of events. All of them kept a close eye on the capital's movements, guarding themselves from being sucked into this muddy "whirlpool". However, they too sent out their men to inquire information. What was going on in the Tang Family?

The entire capital's forces had at this moment, started surging secretly. As for the holding cells of the Ministry of Justice, they were all suddenly filled to capacity! Tang Family's blatant movement of its power and influence had caused an "earthquake" within the capital, causing everyone to feel insecure.

And yet, no news were forthcoming. Grandfather Tang Wanli's heart was filled with worry and irritation, and threw a fit every day. Li Youran maintained his gentle demeanour on the outside, however veiled behind his chilling eyes was a pair of poisonous serpent-like glint. If his eyes were to lightly gaze upon someone, then that person would die. If his eyes were to stare heavily upon someone, that that person's entire family would be exterminated!

As for the person who had reaped the biggest benefit from this ordeal, Jun Xie, he remained unaware of what was happening. He was relaxing himself at home, holding on to the Goldensilk Sandalwood Box while he slept at night, sighing loudly to himself, it turned out that it really do great wonders for the sleep...

In his mind, he kept wondering why his mind would wander towards his widowed sister-in-law...

Chapter 042 Hell

Have a Merry Christmas everyone ~ ~ ~

That was not to say that the intelligence of the Jun Family was bad, but rather that the ones responsible for the Jun Family's intelligence was used to not sending any news to the Young Master. Furthermore, this Young Master had indeed been quite busy for the past few days. If he was not busy trying to explore the secrets of the Exquisite Hongjun Pagoda, he was out supervising the training of the house guards. He even went to brew no small amount of wine, all of which were currently being placed aside for fermentation! As for the events that had transpired in the city, it was only after a few days did Jun Xie find out about it!

Naturally, there was a reason why the Jun Family was able to preserve its tranquillity. Regardless of the Tang Family or the Li Family, neither one had given the Jun Family any more than a suspicious glance. Disregarding their famed debauchee, the members of the Jun Family were either too old, too crippled or too prodigal. Who exactly could they send out? Grandpa Jun was an honourable man whose actions were done in broad daylight, a fact that even his enemies could not deny. Naturally, it could not have been him.

As for Jun Moxie... Hey! Even the act of suspecting Jun Moxie would be a huge disgrace for those six experts who died out in the streets! Who would believe that this debauchee could have the ability to kill off a Silver level and five Ninth level Xuan Qi expert?

However, not everyone in the Jun Family was unscathed!

Thanks to the Young Master Jun having so much free time for the past few days, he decided to use the time to brutally put the house guards through a skin rending training program!

However, not a single one of them voiced out a complaint!

The reason was very simple, they felt embarrassed, simply too embarrassed, so much so that they could not open their mouths to do so!

If each of the house guards had a layer of their skin rent, then Jun Xie had three layers of his own skin rent! Perhaps even more!

During the past few days, watching the training that Jun Xie put himself through caused even the iron blooded Jun Wuyi to feel a chill run down his spine!

His schedule for the day was: In the early dawn of the morning, Jun Xie woke up on time and went to the courtyard. There he found a secret corner for him to meditate. As for why he did not meditate in his room, he wanted a place that could connect him to the world, the nature. The fresh air brought by the early morning breeze was a gift of nature!

An hour later, he strapped on weights to his body, legs, arms and wrists. After which, he began his training in a variety of basic moves. Normal punches, straight punches, hooks, uppercuts; normal kicks, front kicks, roundhouse kicks, sidekicks, back kicks. No rest were allowed in between sessions. After the set was complete, he immediately moved on to push ups, sit-ups, oblique sit-ups, duck walk, leapfrog, leg stretching, hanging upside down. After finishing this session, his body was at the point where no more sweat could come out! The muscles in his entire body were invigorated to the extreme. If this training was given to an ordinary person, even if that person was to persevere to the end, that person would end up being exhausted to the point of death!

However, this was just the beginning!

After having exercised both his hands and feet, it was finally time to start training in some set of martial arts movements, each performed meticulously!

Even if these actions were simply practiced according to style without substance, it would still cause one to be drenched in sweat. After all, each was executed to adhere to a strict standard. Each punch, involved each body parts from the toe and the heel, then to the twisting ankles, the calf muscles, the hamstring, the thigh, and the waist. Each of them channelled the strength and momentum up towards the shoulder, which was then sent to the arm. The resulting punch was one executed with the strength of the entire body!

Each punch was executed with all his strength!

A martial arts clan once said, in training what was important was the simplest of punches and kicks. However, this simple punch and kick must involve all the muscles in the body for it to display its greatest level of strength! Some punches can take a person's life, but some punches end up causing the one who threw to punch to sprain their wrist. This was the main reason that could happen!

This principle applied to other actions as well.

Even if the action only involved a simple punch, it was also a form of martial arts!

The basis of martial arts is the training of simple movements! The pinnacle of martial arts also follows the same principle, to become one with nature!

This simple form of basic training is the best way of honing the mind of a martial artist. As for Jun Xie, he had his body and limbs strapped with weights, increasing the level of difficulty by tenfold! The amount of energy required exceeded even that!

However, this difficult level of training was only the first day of Jun Xie's formal training! The fierce battle in the rain had given birth to the urgent desire to increase his strength - this body was simply too weak!

After completing the entire morning training program, the Jun Family house guards were all assembled before him. Thus began their bitter and hellish training! In addition, Jun Xie would participate in every set of training that he ordered out! He trained alongside them and finished it alongside them!

These set of training were the ones from his past life, aimed at producing a super assassin, one that was comparable to a training from hell! Some would willingly jump into hell rather than endure this devilish form of training!

Jun Xie's fellow martial brothers and sisters once spread out these words in secret: Better to circle King Yama's palace nine times, than to let the Evil Monarch be in charge of training! Evidently, Jun Xie's methods of training were simply monstrous!

Jun Xie kept repeating to himself: If I wish to obtain a strength that is unmatchable in the world, then I must first have the tenacity and perseverance that is unmatchable in the world. Otherwise, I might as well forget about it!

After which I must sweat and work harder than any other person! Otherwise, I might as well forget about it!

It was only after these two had been done, can one be qualified to talk about opportunities! Without hard work, even if the opportunity was to present itself before one, that person will still not be able to grasp it!

Hoping for gods to appear and lift oneself to become an immortal was an unrealistic fantasy! Even if one were gifted with the best luck in the world, holding onto the most powerful treasure in the universe, without hard work, that person would still amount to nothing in the end!

If a beggar was to work hard, then he could leave behind a mark in history of a great general. A great general who does not work hard could also leave behind a mark in history, but that mark would be one of terrible losses and notoriety!

In order to subdue others, and even the whole world, one must first be able to subdue themselves!

This was the absolute minimal of conditions!

After finishing the special training for himself, he had the house guards run twenty laps around the training ground. Jun Xie himself, ran no less than them! The same goes for the other training sessions. With his current body state, Jun Xie ended up being last in each session, but in every training session, he obstinately persevered to the end!

After finishing the first day of training, Jun Xie was exhausted beyond the realm of consciousness. However, the pride of the gold ranked assassin and the dignity of the Evil Monarch supported him, allowing him to neither give up nor break down until the very end!

Although this body had undergone the Pulp Rending Meridian Cleanser process, Jun Xie wanted to train this body to the point of perfection as soon as possible! It was only after every muscle in his body had been coordinated accordingly can it be considered to have met Jun Xie's lowest level of requirements! But how could this be accomplished?

Through sweat!

For those who do not work hard, even if a divine fruit was to fall from the Heavens unto them, they would only be crushed to death by this divine fruit! There would be no chance for them to even taste it!

Currently, Jun Xie was in the possession of the Exquisite Hongjun Pagoda and the Art of Unlocking Heaven's Fortune. However, both martial arts and cultivation of this skill must be achieved simultaneously! If the body were not strong enough, then one would be destroyed even with the aid of a divine skill!

The three hundred house guards originally held a sceptical attitude towards Jun Xie's participation in their training. They believed that the Young Master was only doing it for fun. Seeing him stagger about to the point of collapsing right from the beginning, all of them chuckled in their hearts, convinced that he would not be able to endure for a long time. Some of them decided to start a bet, discussing about the rate and odds as they were perspiring and training.

Chapter 043

One Must Be Strong To Forge Metal

Sponsored Chapter. Sponsored by Dicky Wongsonegoro from Indonesia

A big thank you for your support!

Everyone believed that the Young Master would fall down at this moment or the next. How could their debauchee Young Master endure this type of hellish training? Some of them wagered that Jun Xie would simply give up within the time of an incense stick. However, contrary to all their expectations, Jun Xie who was staggering unsteadily right from the beginning endured all the way until it was time for breakfast, his body still staggering unsteadily.

He... he actually persevered! This result caused everyone eyes to pop out.

Thus, they began speculating whether the Young Master will participate in the afternoon training.

A vast majority of them believed that the amount of training endured had already exceeded the capacity of the Third Young Master. For him to endure all the way until now was already a rare feat!

After eating breakfast, there was only half an incense stick's time for them to rest. However, none of them realized that Jun Xie did not even consider resting. Not wanting to waste any time at all, he returned to his room as he put up with the pain coming from his entire body's aching muscles. Producing several bamboo tubes fully pierced with steel needles, he placed them methodically on the table. He then produced one bamboo tube without any steel needles on it and placed it within the formation of the preceding bamboo tubes. There was only the length of a palm's thickness in between each of the bamboo tubes with steel needles. And Jun Xie wanted to hit the bamboo tube within the formation using his fingers without touching the tubes on either sides of this palm. In addition, the requirement was that his palms must pass through three bamboo tubes before hitting the final tube, with the strike making a sound!

This little training was targeted at training the flexibility of the fingers to the extreme! This training seemed simple, but was in fact very difficult! The needles were everywhere, causing any over or under usage of strength or failure in flexibility to result in the hand being pierced by the steel needles. That moment of pain would cause anyone's hand to shake, which would in return cause even more needles to pierce the hand...

Jun Xie maintained an indifferent face as he calmly inserted his hands, which had undergone an intense session of morning training into it...

When afternoon training began, the house guards found Jun Xie standing on the training grounds, his fingers swollen and dripping with blood, but his face seemed better. In the following afternoon training session, he continued to persevere as he staggered unsteadily onwards until the end!

This result caused every one of the house guards' eyes to fall to the ground!

Nonetheless, half of them still believed that this high level of training was already far beyond what the Third Young Master could endure. For him to endure all the way up to now was something highly commendable! He would not be able to continue on until late afternoon, would he?

However...

In the late afternoon, he remained.

At this moment, all the guards were incited as their hearts roared: How could we, veterans of war who had endure countless training and battles lose to a tender bodied, pampered young master who could not suffer bitterness at all?

This perspective, caused these men who were standing on the edge of Hell to step directly into it! As long as Jun Xie did not stop, all the house guards would grit their teeth and endure to the end! As a result... everyone ended up being too fatigued...

Since Jun Xie was directing the training, it was only natural that Jun Wuyi was present as well. After having incited everyone's morale to such heights, how exactly did he intend to train them? This was something that piqued Jun Wuyi's curiosity. However, after witnessing the contents of the training sessions, Jun Wuyi felt a cold chill course violently through his spine!

Observing the guards carrying a huge, rough and unprocessed log running through the grounds without any leeway in between, Jun Wuyi's eyes stared widely. Then, he spotted Jun Xie amongst them, carrying the same type of log as he ran. Jun Wuyi could not help but fiercely rubbed his eyes before looking again, then he rubbed his eyes again... in the end, he rubbed it until his eyelids suffered from pain as well!

If there was nothing wrong with his eyes, then the sun must have risen from the north today! How is this possible? Is this still my debauchee nephew? This is simply beyond ordinary!

After the day was over, Jun Xie finally ended the training. Those highly capable and sturdy house guards were all exhausted, akin to a dead dog. Each of them laid paralyzed on the ground like a piece of mud, their mouths wide open as they gasped for breath. Amongst the three hundred men, not a single one still possessed the strength to stand!

As for the two company leaders, one was bent as he gasped violently for breath, the other was straining, kneading his own waist.

Jun Xie's face was pale white, his body seemingly about to fall, but he remained standing straight. With a sharp gaze, he observed the chaotic state of the three hundred men and suddenly shouted out. "Get your ass off the ground and stand up! In three breaths time, those who cannot stand up will be eliminated! Bring your worthless body out of here and commit suicide! That is because you are not qualified to stand here! If you cannot even compare with this prodigal debauchee, what reason do you have to continue living?"

Immediately, everyone bounced up like a spring. They gritted their teeth as they staggered unsteadily. A few of them were almost unable to maintain themselves and were about to fall, but was propped up by those around them. If they were to lose to the third Young Master, then they would really have no face to continue living.

Jun Xie panted as he stared at them with a cold gaze. "As of now, who among you can still claim that you are not trash? Huh? With just one day's worth of training, all of you have fallen to such a sorry state! Even though I am but a debauchee, I can still stand, but you? Do you all have the state of mind to lie down peacefully? Do none of you feel shame? A veteran of a hundred battles? Pei!"

All three hundred warriors had their faces etched with bitter shame; one by one, they all lowered their gaze to the ground. If this Young Master that everyone had constantly looked down upon can persevere and still stand to boot, then what reason could they have to lie down?

Jun Xie's participation in the day's training was something witnessed by all of them. All of them felt their body aching and exhausted after the day's training, but how did Jun Xie managed to endure it? Everyone knew that in order for the Third Young Master whose body was weaker than theirs to endure today's training, the difficulty involved would be far harder!

Everyone gazed at Jun Xie, their eyes involuntarily filled with some degree of awe and... respect! Because what Jun Xie did today was done without the slightest foundation! On the other hand, they were a group of well-trained men...

Jun Xie gave them all a cold look before turning around and walking off, leaving only one sentence. "If this is to happen again tomorrow, then all three hundred of you can scram! The Jun Family does not waste its money of trash! Especially when they cannot compare with a debauchee!"

Watching Jun Xie's back as he left, anyone who paid attention could see that his legs and all the muscles on his body was trembling uncontrollably. This was the uncontrollable sign that could appear only when someone had been exhausted to their very limits! However, Jun Xie's face did not show the slightest bit of his current condition. In terms of endurance alone, no one there could compare with him!

If their debauchee Young Master could endure this tough level of training, then could these veterans of hundred battles say otherwise? Especially since their debauchee Young Master had undergone the same degree of training as them! Would they be able speak the words "difficult"? What a loss of face that would be! If they were to say those words, then the best case scenario would be to be looked down on with contempt by their comrades. But if they ended up being looked down on with contempt by the debauchee Young Master, then they should seriously just go commit suicide!

What would they do then, if they were to find out that there were eight weights strapped onto Jun Xie's body? Would they become too embarrassed to live?

None of them knew that at least a dozen spots on Jun Xie's body suffered from torn skin due to the weights! Blood oozed out slowly from the wounds... The training that Jun Xie underwent was estimated to be at least three times more intense compared to the house guards!

This was a terrifying figure! If not for the Art of Unlocking Heaven's Fortune supporting him, Jun Xie with the body of the original Jun Moxie would have died from over exhaustion ten times over! However, the reason Jun Xie acted as such was to pull out the divine powers of the Art of Unlocking Heaven's Fortune. With a training program, which transcended life and death, he would then break through the limitations of his body!

Although Jun Wuyi had no idea that Jun Xie was practicing with weights attached to his body, Jun Xie's performance today had moved this man who was once a great general who oversaw tens of thousands of soldiers!

Watching Jun Xie's departing silhouette, Jun Wuyi felt greatly pleased. However, a suspicion remained within his heart: Could this be his true face? This... this is simply being too hard on yourself! Would any accident happen if this continues?

One must be strong to forge metal!*

[TL: "打铁,还得自身硬啊!" This last sentence is very vague.

Chapter 044 Another Step

Regular Chapter

Jun Xie walked steadily back to his room. When Little Ke saw Jun Xie's current state, she nearly burst into tears. With trembling hands, she took off his clothes for him and carefully cleaned him with clear water. All the while, Jun Xie remained standing. Based on the amount of exhaustion he had to endure, he knew that if he were to lose his balance and fall, then he would instantly fall unconscious! However, as long as he was able to get pass this hurdle, of restoring his body strength while maintaining his consciousness, then he would have succeeded in exceeding one of the limitations of his body!

After Little Ke finished cleaning his body, he had her move away while he continued standing, delving deep into himself. Through his spiritual awareness, he observed as the energy channels of the Art of Unlocking Heaven's Fortune began to sluggishly awaken.

To Jun Xie's surprise, he found that the seven coloured exquisite pagoda within his sea of consciousness was rotating at a higher speed compared to the past. In addition, the white Worldly Spiritual Qi exuded by it was also much thicker compared to before. The spiritual qi slowly entered Jun Xie's meridians, flowing along the pathways. Each time the spiritual qi reached an area, it would give Jun Xie a cool and comfortable feeling. This feeling was akin to a person who was thirsty to the utmost limit who suddenly found cool springs in the mountain. This feeling was simply indescribable.

The misty spiritual qi continued entering Jun Xie's meridians at a higher rate. Jun Xie's body, which was tired to the extreme, began to slowly rejuvenate itself and at the same time, his entire body gradually became itchy. This was especially so for the injured areas where the itch was extremely unbearable. Jun Xie exerted strict control over the desire to scratch the itchy areas, directing the full concentration of his mind to enter a state of meditation. Slowly... he entered a state of disconnection from self and others...

As time passed, all the injured areas of Jun Xie's body began to discharge a clear sheen of fluid, which gradually coagulated, forming into scars...

Bit by bit, the scars on Jun Xie's body began to wrinkle up before hardening. In the end, it turned into powdery crumbs as it fell down...

A thin layer of skin fragments progressively accumulated around Jun Xie's feet. As for the skin on his body, it had returned to its former white smoothness. The only difference was that it had become more flexible...

On the other hand, his tensed muscles that had undergone one whole day's worth of high-grade exercise unconsciously exuded a crystal clear watery glow while quivering lightly. After the quivering ended, the muscles slowly loosened down as it was restored to its former relaxed state before undergoing the training. Next, a wave of unbearably tingling itch washed over him before finally relaxing down...

Jun Xie who had entered a state of meditation did not realize what was happening at all. After having overcome the extreme state of exhaustion, the feeling that followed was a serene feeling of relaxation. His spirit felt as though it had stepped upon an ethereal realm. This feeling was akin to the comfortable feelings of a person who was travelling in a tour through the vast ocean. Enjoying the gentle billowing waves of the seas as it slowly surged forth...

Within his sea of consciousness, the mist exuded by the colourful exquisite pagoda became denser and richer. Waves of pure Worldly Spiritual Qi flowed like water through Jun Xie's body, coursing through his every meridian, his every muscle fibre, his every tendon...

Jun Xie could clearly feel that the fine flow of qi within his meridians was slowly growing bigger after having received nourishment from the waves of the spiritual qi. Even though the degree of growth was not great, it was still growing non-stop. In addition, his sense of thought seemed to have become ethereal in nature, no longer able to feel exhausted. At this moment, his spiritual essence seemed to have merged harmoniously with the little pagoda within his sea of consciousness. Even though Jun Xie was a man with the nerves of steel, this profound feeling of comfort caused him to feel intoxicated.

Suddenly, the colourful Hongjun Pagoda stopped spinning, no longer radiating as brilliantly as it just had. This event startled Jun Xie's awareness within his sea of consciousness and he began to awaken from the ethereal realm. Even his spirit was instantly returned back to the mortal world. As for the misty white spiritual qi flowing within his meridians, it retreated back like the receding tide. Jun Xie could feel that this whole body was filled to the brim with strength. Slowly, he opened his eyes, which revealed a sharp gaze filled with a divine glow!

Jun Xie gently flexed his body, causing the joints throughout his body release popping sounds. Instantly, his body returned to its ideal and smooth state while his state of mind was also surprisingly in an excellent state. As the soft moonlight gently spilled down, Jun Xie moved towards the windows. The moon hung in the sky like a plate, the surrounding clear blue skies spread out for thousands of li.

The Mid-Autumn Festival has arrived. In his original world, the Mid-Autumn Festival would be held on the 15th of August. But here, there was only the Autumn Festival held on the 20th of August.

No matter which world he was in, the moonlight remained as gentle as water, spreading its splendour everywhere. Jun Xie sighed lightly, surprised to find that his heart was no longer filled with the emotions of lonely solitude. It was as though, somewhere along the way, his heart had become accustomed to it. The moon remained the same moon; the sky remained the same sky! Since the skies were the same skies, then he may as well just assume that this was... a change in working environment...

Jun Xie carefully rechecked his body and discovered that the injuries of the day had all been healed. Those injuries, which cannot be considered light, were all completely healed. In addition, even the scars had miraculously disappeared within the span of one night, his skin smooth yet flexible. Jun Xie could not help but stare at the result: I never expected that the restoration capabilities of the Art of Unlocking Heaven's Fortune would turn out to be so powerful!

Originally, Jun Xie had thought that after undergoing the brutal training, his body would become the bronze skin of his past life. Unexpectedly, even though the quality of his body had obviously been upgraded at a rapid rate, his skin had instead become smoother... disappointment! Thankfully, the transformation of his skin was towards the nature of flexibility. If his skin had instead become softer, then he would have no face to go out!

Jun Xie rechanneled the Art within his body and was suddenly overjoyed! After the day's insane level of training and the exercise of the Arts in the evening, the effect obtained was extremely significant! The silky flow of qi within his body had grown at least double in size! If the original size of the flow of qi were comparable to a strand of hair, then the current size would be comparable to a strand of coarse mane on a pig... Jun Xie suddenly broke out in cold sweat. To say such a thing about himself, perhaps he was being overly masochistic on himself...

In addition, the speed of the qi flow had also increased. There was a sudden clarity within him: His cultivation of the first level of Art of Unlocking Heaven's Fortune had taken a huge step forward!

To his great surprise, Jun Xie also found out that he could now access the inner eye! This was something that only martial artists that had attained the Pre-Celestial stage could accomplish. This Art of Unlocking Heaven's Fortune was indeed a miraculous skill. Even though his current strength was far from the standards of the Pre-Celestial stage, he was already able to access the inner eye!

It seemed that this limit breaking training where the entire body's physical energies were squeezed out to the extreme followed by the channelling of the Art of Unlocking Heaven's Fortune had produced some unexpected benefits.

Checking his meridians, Jun Xie finally understood the mysterious aspect of the Xuan Qi within this world. The so-called Xuan Qi cultivation was, in fact not much different when compared to the practice of internal strength. It could be considered as a special branch of internal strength cultivation. Xuan Qi does not last as long as internal strength. In return, it possessed an explosive power that far surpassed internal strength. It was also due to the odd explosive power that the secretive nature of this mystical force became inadequate. Naturally, the endurance of the explosive power was even more inadequate. The higher a person's cultivation in Xuan Qi, the external signs would become more significant. This was the main cause of the different glow of radiant colours from different Xuan Qi levels!

The method of cultivating Xuan Qi was almost the same as the practice of internal strength, which was to channel energy through a fixed set of meridian pathways. For example, there is one meridian line for the cultivation of the Ninth level and below. Regardless of whether it is the Eight Extraordinary Vessels or the Twelve Standard Meridians, there is only one path to follow, forming towards a channel, interconnecting through the inner cycle. When they have broken through to the Silver level, they can then open up another channel. That way, it would be possible to increase the flow of energy. However, the cycle of the flow remained within the same confines. The only difference would be that the limits have been increased greatly.

[TL: The Eight Extraordinary Vessels and Twelve Standard Meridians are part of the meridian system within the human body involving meridian channels and inner organs.]

This may be due to the fact that the people in this world possessed a unique body. It was no wonder that every breakthrough in Xuan Qi cultivation would be accompanied by extreme pain, comparable to the moulting process of a snake. It was a process where the cultivator would forcibly open up a meridian pathway. How could that not hurt?

The later stages would follow the same steps. Once all the Twelve Standard Meridians and half of the Eight Extraordinary Vessels were open, then the cultivator would have successfully stepped upon the realm of Supreme Divine Xuan. There was however another requirement. Amongst the opened up vessels of the Eight Extraordinary Vessels, two vessels were to be interlinked. Only after having accomplished this would one be considered to have achieved a genuine Supreme Divine Xuan rank! If a cultivator was able to open up four of the Eight Extraordinary Vessels but were not able to assign two of them to become interlinked, then that person could only be considered a False Supreme Divine Xuan ranked expert!

There was one aspect, which surprised Jun Xie. In the process of attaining the Supreme Divine Xuan rank, one must open up all the Twelve Standard Meridians that will serve as the main route of practice in Xuan Qi cultivation. The dantian served as the depository area for Xuan Qi. As for opening four out of the Eight Extraordinary Vessels, the most difficult part was only the interlinking of two assigned vessels, after which one would successfully become the highest existence within this world. However, if one were to analyse this using the knowledge of martial arts, even though the highest achievement was the Supreme Divine Xuan, four vessels remained closed within their bodies.

In that case, could there be an even higher existence compared to the Supreme Divine Xuan?

Chapter 045 Meeting Tang Yuan Again

Regular Chapter

Could there be an even higher existence than the Supreme Divine Xuan?

From the perspective of internal strength cultivation, the answer to this question was a resounding yes! There must be a higher existence! However, this was a different world. Even though the cultivation of both internal strength and Xuan Qi shared the same path, the result may not necessary be similar. It was possible that the rules in this world were different and that Supreme Divine Xuan was the limit in Xuan Qi cultivation!

With Jun Xie's current level of understanding towards Xuan Qi, he was unable to come up with a conclusive answer.

In addition, after having undergone the Pulp Rending Meridian Cleanser, all the meridians in Jun Xie's body had been completely opened. It had already achieved the realm of Hundred Interlinked Vessels of a Pre-Celestial Stage expert. In terms of the meridian quality alone, it was now far superior to those within the Supreme Divine Xuan realm! In terms of true strength however, his was still far from being able to fight against one. After all, it had only been one month since he transmigrated to this world. To be able to transform a waste like body into his current level was already an unimaginably speedy feat!

This was one of the wondrous powers of the Art of Unlocking Heaven's Fortune! If one were to practice any other cultivation skill, one month may not even be enough for one to attain the beginner stages. Moreover, the Exquisite Hongjun Pagoda was able to act in concert with the Art of Unlocking Heaven's Fortune and open up all the meridians in Jun Xie's body. This was tantamount to opening up countless treasure trove that had no limits in space, just waiting for Jun Xie to fill them up one by one.

With Jun Xie's current level of strength, not even an ordinary Silver levelled Xuan Qi expert could deal with him, even in a fight to the death! However, the result would be very different if this was an assassination scenario. After all, assassinations were what Jun Xie did for a living.

However, the fully opened meridians also gave Jun Xie access to a peculiar ability. While not exactly a true form of imitation, as long as he could analyse a certain Xuan Qi skill cultivation formula, he would be able to imitate the forms taught by the formula. Naturally, he would only be able to imitate the form and not the strength of the formula.

Thinking about this, Jun Xie could not help himself and smiled: It seems that I now have another method of deception...

[TL: This is how he does the colour trick.]

The next day, Jun Xie appeared yet again in the training ground, causing everyone to become shocked! Yesterday's training was one that gave these house guards' body no small amount of suffering. Even now, many areas on their body were aching miserably to the point of death. And yet, this Young Master had actually arrived earlier at the training grounds than them!

After yesterday's training was over, almost every one of them found themselves looking at their Third Young Master in a different light, even their hearts were filled with respect for him. But, all of them were convinced that their Third Young Master would not be present tomorrow. Whether he possessed the will to do so was not the question in hand. The question was: how could his tiny physique handle it?

Unexpectedly, they would arrive to see Jun Xie standing upright with a sword-like gaze on his face. Everyone felt as though they were caught in an illusion: Is this still the useless, waiting for death's call, freeloading Third Young Master? How did he manage to climb out of bed?!

Jun Wuyi had long since arrived at the training grounds. Sitting on his wheelchair, he observed everything that was happening. Although he had already expected Jun Xie to appear, he was still surprised. Jun Xie's serious condition after finishing yesterday's training was something he understood very well. With Jun Xie's original body capacity, there was no way he could endure that kind of burden. That was why Jun Wuyi felt that it would be understandable even if Jun Xie did not appear today. In Jun Wuyi's opinion, even if Jun Xie managed to make an appearance, Jun Xie would be in a state of exhaustion to the point of being unsightly. Yesterday's training was something that Jun Wuyi would not be able to easily finish even with a complete body. He never would have expected that Jun Xie would appear in a state, which was superior to the warriors before him!

Could it be that yesterday's training was not as heavy as I imagined?

Once again, another high intensity training began. To their surprise, the guards found that Jun Xie's speed today was far superior compared to yesterday. Although some of his paces were not good, it was no longer unsteady and had become more decent compared to yesterday.

The surprise did not end here. In the following days of training, Jun Xie began catching up to the speed of the house guards. Eventually, he was even able to surpass some of them! This occurrence caused no small number of the house guards' eyes to turn red. This rapid rate of increment in body strength was something they had never seen before. In fact, they had never even heard of such a thing before. But their Young Master was currently turning a myth into reality right before their very eyes! The Young Master's body is soft and tender while ours is rough and tough! If the Young Master can do it, why can't we?

This question had once again set fire to their soldier hearts! Everyone's thirst for power caused the training sessions to enter a new level of intensity! Almost every one of them had their eyes blaze red as they gritted their teeth and trained like a wild beast with their life on the line...

None of them was able to realize that even while training, Jun Xie had eight considerably heavy weights strapped onto his body. In addition, he underwent a special training of his own before joining them to train in the morning. Moreover, Jun Xie also increased the aspects of his special training: Climbing, stone grasping, level movement, arm control, stealth...

Jun Xie had each of the twelve long hours of a day carefully divided, not wasting even a single minute.

On the third day, Grandpa Jun received the news about Jun Xie's training and had secretly came over to observe. Grandpa Jun was pleased to know that his grandson was so motivated, but was also worried that Jun Xie was training too frequently, causing haste to make waste. But after seeing Jun Xie training that one time, Grandpa Jun never showed up again, he simply walked away silently and calmly. The Housekeeper, Old Pang was able to clearly feel that Grandpa Jun was very happy, very moved!

When there was no one around, Grandpa Jun hummed two little tunes to himself in his study. He even became drunk for the first time. Becoming a drunken mess, his face was instead filled with joy. After that, he walked off, staggering unsteadily towards the room with the memorial tablet of his deceased wife. There, he mumbled for the whole night. On the second day, he came out with a grin, several tears remaining in the corner of his eyes...

...

On the day before the Autumn Festival, Tianxiang City had already begun to liven up. Everyone was dressed up, and every corner was decorated in multitudinous colours. Everyone who was away from home had returned to celebrate the annual reunion, it would be difficult for it to not be lively.

In mid-afternoon, within the highest floor of the Drunken Immortal Establishment.

A group of bodyguards were seated together in two tables. There was another table between the two tables, where only two people were seated. These two were naturally Jun Xie and Tang Yuan.

Tang Yuan who was seated opposite Jun Xie constantly sighed, his brows knitted up into a scowl. For the past few days, Fatty Tang could be considered to have suffered greatly. Grandfather Tang Wanli had almost ripped out the fat off the body of this grandson of his. Firstly, he was grounded, no longer able to take even one-step out of the residence. After which, whenever Grandfather Tang recalled the incident of the Xuan Core being stolen, he would have someone summon Tang Yuan over. Thus began a round of feet jumping cursing from Grandfather Tang to the fatty. Next, he would slap Tang Yuan a few times to vent his anger before telling him to scram. This situation would occur more than three times a day. Simply put, whenever Grandfather Tang recalled the incident would be whenever Tang Yuan had to go over.

In this case, Tang Yuan had originally lost a great deal of face. He nearly lost his fiancée, causing his future father-in-law to give a good scolding. His fiancée on the other hand was in tears. Threatening to kill herself, she insisted on breaking off their engagement. There was no helping it, if it had nearly occurred today, then who was to say it would not successfully happen tomorrow. When that happened, what then could she do...

Whenever his father saw him, the first thing he would do was slap him in the face. After that, he would go look for a beating stick. Even though his mother wanted to restrain his father, she was too fearful to do so. His knitted forehead has no chance to become smooth at all. Whenever his little brothers met him, they would ask him: "Big brother, when will you go to the Thousand Gold Hall again? Please allow us to bask in your glory as well..." After saying that, they would burst out in laughter...

However, the most painful matter was that each time Grandfather Tang scolded him; he would be forced to kneel down on an abacus. For this matter, a special iron abacus was made. Why? Don't ask silly questions. Considering how heavy Fatty Tang was, normal abacuses would have broken down every time he kneeled on them. Abacuses do not grow on trees, you know? After these few days, even the specially made iron abacus had become bent...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.1K 5.7K 40
What if Arnav gets a chance to rectify all his mistakes? What if he gets a chance to avoid such situations? What if he gets to know Khushi is his wou...
15.8K 622 44
"mom, dad, Im married!" lahat ng relatives namin ay nagulat sa announcment ko. Sino ba naman kasi ang mag aakala na ang unica ija ng pamilyang Letpr...
27.5K 3.3K 7
Dragonwall's queen no longer remembers who she is. Her magic is locked away at the hands of an evil sorcerer. Kane hoped to deal the drengr monarchy...
31.7K 6.1K 36
لە جیهانێڪدا هەمووان خاوەنی هێزن ڪاتێ لەدایڪ ئەبن بەڵام یۆرین ڪاتێ لەدایڪ ئەبێت خاوەنی هیچ هێزێڪ نییە کچێڪ ڪە لە تەمەنێڪی بچووڪەوە گێچەڵی ئەوەی پێ ئ...